Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage (25525 Views)

10 Important Reasons For Getting A DNA Test / There Are Five (5) Important Dresses A Woman Should Wear In Her Lifetime / 5 Important Baby Toy Safety Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by pocohantas(f): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
KiNg0G:

Since how many years come you always derail thread, atleast they is a stage a person gets to in life, That they try to comport themselves in public due to maturity.

I don't appreciate what you are doing on my thread. Take it elsewhere....

What is derailment? Abeg keep quiet!!

3 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
henrimoto:
đź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Ź I like your writing Style. True Talk. You didn't add Against loneliness. "Because of Companionship" The negative Effect of Loneliness to the Mind is not a "small thing".
Do you realize that loneliness is one of the major reasons why Nigerian men, for example, commit adultery, and are never satisfied even at that? Marriage does not cure loneliness... never able to do that. undecided

7 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by KiNg0G: 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
pocohantas:

What is derailment? Abeg keep quiet!!
Your a bitter soul, A lowlife reject.. claiming feminist and all...like I said everyone on nairaland knows your story except newbies who just registered few years ago that would want to take you serious..as for me I don't... atleast not for a renowned prostitute who have been screwed by several users on nairaland since time immemorial.

6 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by pocohantas(f): 5:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
KiNg0G:

Your a bitter soul, A lowlife reject.. claiming feminist and all...like I said everyone on nairaland knows your story except newbies who just registered few years ago that would want to take you serious..as for me I don't... atleast not for a renowned prostitutes who have be screwed by several users on nairaland since time immemorial.

I knew it takes one sentence to bring out your real colour. No be you again?

Keep crying. I remain here. grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2023
Carcholce:
The most important one is not even on the list. What about free access to punna?
That only existed when your mothers practically lived as though slaves to your fathers. There is no such thing in the real world. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by henrimoto(m): 6:06pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do you realize that loneliness is one of the major reasons why Nigerian men, for example, commit adultery, and are never satisfied even at that? Marriage does not cure loneliness... never able to do that. undecided
Kobo .. you dey contradict your comment o. You na positive Mental health Advocate, you suppose know the negative effects of Loneliness to the Mind.

How is it that "marriage does not cure Loneliness" ?
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2023
henrimoto:
Kobo .. you dey contradict your comment o. You na positive Mental health Advocate, you suppose know the negative effects of Loneliness to the Mind.
How is it that "marriage does not cure Loneliness" ?
First you need to understand what loneliness really is from what it isn't. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6179015/
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by reddingtonblack: 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2023
pocohantas:
Does RELIGION and MORAL support ritual killing?

You suddenly become so moralistic when it involves marriage, but not crime? grin grin

Billions of men in the world and one 3rd world redpiller thinks he is their mouthpiece on marital affairs. If not religion and morals indeed!!

when you rush and talk, you rarely make sense, now slow down N ..... action undecided

2 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by pocohantas(f): 7:29pm On Oct 27, 2023
reddingtonblack:

when you rush and talk, you rarely make sense, now slow down N ..... action undecided

Says a troll with over 10 accounts that can't survive without latching unto female comments. One woman somewhere is submitting to a bottom barrel male. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by KIDfurniture(m): 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
Marriage no be achievement. Marriage is not for every man. Plz don’t do it cos everyone is doing or age isn’t on ur side. Marriage is not compulsory

6 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Chetas81(m): 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
4UCK YOU IMAGINATION

2 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by EthanSly: 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
As long as e no matter for heaven no qualms

2 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Nwaokunkpara: 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
You see that Doors of Breakthrough has led many to unforseen hardship....

If you really want to get married please make money first don't expect doors to break after marriage

8 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by U09ce: 10:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
This is the most stupid thread in the history of niaraland.

No be fight na. Go an marry.
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by JagabanB: 10:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
KiNg0G:
Respect

Regardless of your wealth and financial status, not being married or having a family of your own will result in being seen as inferior. It's possible that they won't make it clear to you because you're driving a highly expensive Jeep at the age of 40 or doing some philanthropic work in the community but bet they say it in your back laugh when you are not around.

They might be several news reports of you being impotent or a ritualist even someone that can't afford to feed himself talkless is wife would be regarded as a better man than you in public as custom demands mostly.

Now think about this if a rich man can get this treatment from the society talk more of a poor man.

Doors of breakthrough

I have seen so many men who were struggling in the past, but as soon they got married doors of breakthrough start manifesting in their lives. Different connections through their spouse, not necessarily from her family but from friends and well-wishers. People you don't know before will come through just to see your union grow..The aura becomes fresh everything becomes easy and might just be surprised because you are on a new path.

My cousin is a case study, he was picked to canada by his wife elder brother best friend 2018 and he came back to pick his family with him.

Historical references

Bro, I know you have other siblings who are males to carry the family name and that don't bother you that much but do you know about family history? They might be a time as long you don't have any offspring to form your own line your existence on earth will be totally wiped off for future generations to come.

They might be a time in the future where the younger generations would want to trace their ancestors and mistakes will be made like "our fore father's only gave birth to 3 children which are these, these and these" but because you got no offspring you would be easily left out and that's false history. A tempered history. ( You can't blame them you left no foot prints.)

sudden demise

If you want to know how painful it is, is when a matured man dies and he is not married or with kids to call is own. It get more worst when his parent is still alive. The embarrassment the shame, he nor born o... Several questions and answers within people there wanting to know how he lived his life. Some would even refused to pay last respect talk more of attending the burial.

Take a walk to that bury ground and see how he's buried like a chicken most times especially if he's poor or from a poor background. Nobody prays to die quick bro, but I beg you to reconsider your decision.

Joy of fulfillment

Take me as a case study from one prostitutes to another, I am tired already but I can't stop that's just the problem and I am not ready to stop yet maybe in the future. I would like to experience a family of my own some day with kids around, little baby girls to call me daddy
daddy especially when she's learning how to speak with innocent smile on her cheek. Little babies to run along when they see me coming, just to take the package in my hand and takes it inside the house.
Come on bro? Who doesn't want a change? I do everyone does..

I am just here to encourage those elders out there in their 40s and 50s is not too late to reconsider, everyone has a choice but sometimes we need to sit and meditate if we are in the right path in our various lifes.
That's what makes us a man

Thank you

The only thing worthwhile here is the joy of fulfilment.
Nobody will give u extra respect simply because u are married.
Marriage doesn't lead to break through, the kind of woman u marry will determine whether u grow or deminish.
When u live a life so fulfilling that u leave ur footsteps well engraved in the sands of time, history and ur family will always remember you.
Today we talk about Mandela, do u know his sons?
Today we talk about Einstein, do u know his children?
We talk about Galileo, Aristotle, James Chadwick, Charles Darwin, Tafawa Balewa, Zik, Awolowo, Fela Kuti, Amina of Zaria, Mao Zedong, Roosevelt, Washington etc etc, do we talk about them because of their children or because they were married?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by thesicilian: 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
Carcholce:
The most important one is not even on the list.

What about free access to punna?

Carcholce:

Free access to punna doesn’t mean you are having it everyday. The free access could be once in a year but it’s there, it’s yours. It’s only stupid men that want to be having sex all the time.
Only an unmarried person thinks this

4 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
â–  The only thing worthwhile here is the joy of fulfilment.
Nobody will give u extra respect simply because u are married. Marriage doesn't lead to break through, the kind of woman u marry will determine whether u grow or deminish. When u live a life so fulfilling that u leave ur footsteps well engraved in the sands of time, history and ur family will always remember you.
Today we talk about Mandela, do u know his sons?
Today we talk about Einstein, do u know his children?
We talk about Galileo, Aristotle, James Chadwick, Charles Darwin, Tafawa Balewa, Zik, Awolowo, Fela Kuti, Amina of Zaria, Mao Zedong, Roosevelt, Washington etc etc, do we talk about them because of their children or because they were married?
1. Dey there dey tell tales. If you like, marry the most enterprising of women. If you yourself no get your own head for development of self, to achieve your yourself, you will never grow and will likely continue to diminish. Nobody can grow you or cause you to diminish. You make it happen to yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Omoawoke2(m): 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
If you fail to plan, you are surely going to fail.

Drop that superstitious beliefs that marriage will bring good fortunes to you, this is real life not nollywood

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Skillsnigeria: 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
grin
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Jackiedemie(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
Who marriage help?

Bro J is only the most popular souls but no wife.

3 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by JagabanB: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Dey there dey tell tales. If you like, marry the most enterprising of women. If you yourself no get your own head for development of self, to achieve your yourself, you will never grow and will likely continue to diminish. Nobody can grow you or cause you to diminish. You make it happen to yourself.
I grew up in an environment with loads of lgb0s, so I know this young man, he has 3 big shops with sales boys and girls in them, he had a wedding ceremony, very large and colourful, opened another shop for the wife, guess what?
He shut down one shop, two shops and the third shop, today, he is an okada, this event happened within a 12 year space.
Closed the first shop because he was servicing debth his wife took, closed the second because he has to service the debth and same time pay for luxurious life of wife and kids which the insists he must pay, today, he is living in a wretched face me I slap u.
When u align urself with the wrong woman, responsibilities will be placed on ur finances and if she's not supportive, u are doomed to crash, I have seen people earning in millions crash and they are mostly business people.
It doesn't matter how much head u get for development.
Align with the wrong woman as a wife and u are doomed to fail.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Realist777: 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2023
Blackveil:
These reasons are not enough to change my mind.

Even if it’s the only way to heaven, I'm not getting married
But you dicking someone already na, you don't have issues
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
â–  I grew up in an environment with loads of lgb0s, so I know this young man, he has 3 big shops with sales boys and girls in them, he had a wedding ceremony, very large and colourful, opened another shop for the wife, guess what? He shut down one shop, two shops and the third shop, today, he is an okada, this event happened within a 12 year space.
Closed the first shop because he was servicing debth his wife took, closed the second because he has to service the debth and same time pay for luxurious life of wife and kids which the insists he must pay, today, he is living in a wretched face me I slap u.
When u align urself with the wrong woman, responsibilities will be placed on ur finances and if she's not supportive, u are doomed to crash, I have seen people earning in millions crash and they are mostly business people. It doesn't matter how much head u get for development. Align with the wrong woman as a wife and u are doomed to fail.
A has nothing to do with B in this story of yours. The man chose to switch his focus from growing his business to spending the profits on that which he decided was more important at the time. He did it to himself...no one else did it to him. undecided

4 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by RaySimran: 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2023
Why take on a decision just so the society don't see me as less a human being ?

Only people with least self-worth or exteme would run along with those unintelligent analogy up there.

4 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by APOPTOSIS: 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2023
KiNg0G:
Respect

Regardless of your wealth and financial status, not being married or having a family of your own will result in being seen as inferior. It's possible that they won't make it clear to you because you're driving a highly expensive Jeep at the age of 40 or doing some philanthropic work in the community but bet they say it in your back laugh when you are not around.

They might be several news reports of you being impotent or a ritualist even someone that can't afford to feed himself talkless is wife would be regarded as a better man than you in public as custom demands mostly.

Now think about this if a rich man can get this treatment from the society talk more of a poor man.

Doors of breakthrough

I have seen so many men who were struggling in the past, but as soon they got married doors of breakthrough start manifesting in their lives. Different connections through their spouse, not necessarily from her family but from friends and well-wishers. People you don't know before will come through just to see your union grow..The aura becomes fresh everything becomes easy and might just be surprised because you are on a new path.

My cousin is a case study, he was picked to canada by his wife elder brother best friend 2018 and he came back to pick his family with him.

Historical references

Bro, I know you have other siblings who are males to carry the family name and that don't bother you that much but do you know about family history? They might be a time as long you don't have any offspring to form your own line your existence on earth will be totally wiped off for future generations to come.

They might be a time in the future where the younger generations would want to trace their ancestors and mistakes will be made like "our fore father's only gave birth to 3 children which are these, these and these" but because you got no offspring you would be easily left out and that's false history. A tempered history. ( You can't blame them you left no foot prints.)

sudden demise

If you want to know how painful it is, is when a matured man dies and he is not married or with kids to call is own. It get more worst when his parent is still alive. The embarrassment the shame, he nor born o... Several questions and answers within people there wanting to know how he lived his life. Some would even refused to pay last respect talk more of attending the burial.

Take a walk to that bury ground and see how he's buried like a chicken most times especially if he's poor or from a poor background. Nobody prays to die quick bro, but I beg you to reconsider your decision.

Joy of fulfillment

Take me as a case study from one prostitutes to another, I am tired already but I can't stop that's just the problem and I am not ready to stop yet maybe in the future. I would like to experience a family of my own some day with kids around, little baby girls to call me daddy
daddy especially when she's learning how to speak with innocent smile on her cheek. Little babies to run along when they see me coming, just to take the package in my hand and takes it inside the house.
Come on bro? Who doesn't want a change? I do everyone does..

I am just here to encourage those elders out there in their 40s and 50s is not too late to reconsider, everyone has a choice but sometimes we need to sit and meditate if we are in the right path in our various lifes.
That's what makes us a man

Thank you
Honestly, there's no clear distinction here.
All your aforelisted points here can be achieved solo, be it single, single parent or whatever singlehood available.
It's just like saying WEALTH comes with too many engagements and problems. Yes, I can agree but name one problem a wealthy man is suffering now that a poor man isn't suffering even worse....

I have met with a whole lot of single wealthy guys who earned more than what you just put up there.
I think you should come up with clear benefits one can only get if he or she considers marriage.
There are highly respected single Guys out there.
And there are totally indignified couples out there too.

3 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by JagabanB: 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
A has nothing to do with B in this story of yours. The man chose to switch his focus from growing his business to spending the profits on that which he decided was more important at the time. He did it to himself...no one else did it to him. undecided
He did it because he has a family to take care and woman who doesn't understand, he had to choose between family and business, he made his choice and he was faced with that Choice because of the woman he married, when u expand ur horizon and see from different points of view, u will understand better.
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by SeriouslySense(m): 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2023
Tur sai gobe.
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
â–  He did it because he has a family to take care and woman who doesn't understand, he had to choose between family and business, he made his choice and he was faced with that Choice because of the woman he married, when u expand ur horizon and see from different points of view, u will understand better.
Stop telling yourself these lies for Pete's sake. A man does not spend money on luxury goods he knows will run his business down because of family. No sensible individual chooses between business and family since commonsense tells you that you need money to take care of the needs of a family undecided

3 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by JagabanB: 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop telling yourself these lies for Pete's sake. A man does not spend money on luxury goods he knows will run his business down because of family. No sensible individual chooses between business and family since commonsense tells you that you need money to take care of the needs of a family undecided
Like I told u, when u expand ur horizon, u will have different views and u will understand, I doñ't talk too much about stuffs like this with people on a faceless forum, many people here lack life exposure.

1 Like

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by BALLOSKI: 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2023
Blackveil:
These reasons are not enough to change my mind.

Even if it’s the only way to heaven, I'm not getting married
calm down. grin

You don't love kids?
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
■ Like I told u, when u expand ur horizon, u will have different views and u will understand, I doñ't talk too much about stuffs like this with people on a faceless forum, many people here lack life exposure.
There is nothing expanded about any of what you described as it revealed a terrible illogical approach to reasoning issues. This man choose to not only marry a woman who probably came in without a job of her own into the marriage, but at the same time he shifted his focus from making money to take care of the needs of the family to instead coming up with ways to purchase luxury items he couldn't afford. Yet somehow you want to believe instead that it was not his fault? Don't you see how close-minded that in fact is? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Children Really An Achievement?? / Missing Man In Benin / 10 Ways Babies Are Smarter Than You Thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.