Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage (25527 Views)

10 Important Reasons For Getting A DNA Test / There Are Five (5) Important Dresses A Woman Should Wear In Her Lifetime / 5 Important Baby Toy Safety Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Carcholce: 2:17am On Oct 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That only existed when your mothers practically lived as though slaves to your fathers. There is no such thing in the real world. undecided

You are mistaken my post for men that are always Hot. Free access to punna doesn’t mean you are having it everyday. The free access could be once in a year but it’s there, it’s yours. It’s only stupid men that want to be having sex all the time and whenever they want.
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Myer(m): 2:22am On Oct 28, 2023
Reminderz:
@op, apart from the sudden demise due to not having any kid prior to death, and maybe respect in some part of the world, the rest are irrelevant... if not because of religion, morality and consequences, most men would rather remain unmarried and just go the baby mama way just to have some kids... marriage doesn't benefit men in this modern century...

If you go for marriage seminars, you may have a rethink.
This generation has made marriage so scary that men and some women would rather just be baby dadas or baby mamas.
When you hear what some people are going through in marriage, it scares the bejesus out of you.
Especially if you consider their lives before and after marriage.

But guess what?
You meet some and you're like... God I want this!

In this same world where some are unlucky, some people are simply lucky.
Like wise, in marriage some are just lucky to marry their friend and companion who they are fulfilling life together.

As a believer, I know the devil targets marriages the most because a godly successful marriage is so full of potentials that its multiplier effect extra-ordinary.

When you consider marriages of Banky W and Adesuwa, marriage no dey sweet you?
When you consider Pastor Eneche's family, e no dey hungry you?
When you consider Mrs Awosika or Alakija, belle no dey sweet you?
When you consider Jay Z and Beyonce or Rihanna and ASAP Rocky, you no see say God's Grace is not by religion or piety?

Successful marriage is not even by being so rich some times it's about sharing the similar vision in life, sticking with each other through the thick and thin and being fulfilled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Myer(m): 2:25am On Oct 28, 2023
Blackveil:
These reasons are not enough to change my mind.

Even if it’s the only way to heaven, I'm not getting married

Marriage is actually not compulsory, even biblically. Matthew 19:12, 1 Cor 7:8
As long as you're fulfilled and not regretting it.
Singleness actually affords one the ability to make choices that may be impossible or extra-difficult for married couples.
God bless.

1 Like

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by bluefilm: 2:28am On Oct 28, 2023
KiNg0G:
Respect
Regardless of your wealth and financial status, not being married or having a family of your own will result in being seen as inferior. It's possible that they won't make it clear to you because you're driving a highly expensive Jeep at the age of 40 or doing some philanthropic work in the community but bet they say it in your back laugh when you are not around.

They might be several news reports of you being impotent or a ritualist even someone that can't afford to feed himself talkless is wife would be regarded as a better man than you in public as custom demands mostly.

Now think about this if a rich man can get this treatment from the society talk more of a poor man.

Doors of breakthrough
I have seen so many men who were struggling in the past, but as soon they got married doors of breakthrough start manifesting in their lives. Different connections through their spouse, not necessarily from her family but from friends and well-wishers. People you don't know before will come through just to see your union grow..The aura becomes fresh everything becomes easy and might just be surprised because you are on a new path.

My cousin is a case study, he was picked to canada by his wife elder brother best friend 2018 and he came back to pick his family with him.

Historical references
Bro, I know you have other siblings who are males to carry the family name and that don't bother you that much but do you know about family history? They might be a time as long you don't have any offspring to form your own line your existence on earth will be totally wiped off for future generations to come.

They might be a time in the future where the younger generations would want to trace their ancestors and mistakes will be made like "our fore father's only gave birth to 3 children which are these, these and these" but because you got no offspring you would be easily left out and that's false history. A tempered history. ( You can't blame them you left no foot prints.)

sudden demise
If you want to know how painful it is, is when a matured man dies and he is not married or with kids to call is own. It get more worst when his parent is still alive. The embarrassment the shame, he nor born o... Several questions and answers within people there wanting to know how he lived his life. Some would even refused to pay last respect talk more of attending the burial.

Take a walk to that bury ground and see how he's buried like a chicken most times especially if he's poor or from a poor background. Nobody prays to die quick bro, but I beg you to reconsider your decision.

Joy of fulfillment
Take me as a case study from one prostitutes to another, I am tired already but I can't stop that's just the problem and I am not ready to stop yet maybe in the future. I would like to experience a family of my own some day with kids around, little baby girls to call me daddy
daddy especially when she's learning how to speak with innocent smile on her cheek. Little babies to run along when they see me coming, just to take the package in my hand and takes it inside the house.
Come on bro? Who doesn't want a change? I do everyone does..

I am just here to encourage those elders out there in their 40s and 50s is not too late to reconsider, everyone has a choice but sometimes we need to sit and meditate if we are in the right path in our various lifes.
That's what makes us a man

Thank you

I can't believe someone can wake up and type this rubbish.

You live your life entirely for others, obviously.

Always wondering what people will say about you while forgetting that people will always have something to say, no matter what.

What a pity!

bitbillionaire:
Op I think you need help seriously. Your reasoning is shallow and your concern about what people would think or say about you if you don't live up to their expectation I see it as a symptom of emotional immaturity

Sure.

He or She really needs help...

3 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Rolings: 2:45am On Oct 28, 2023
Carcholce:
The most important one is not even on the list.

What about free access to punna?

Believe that you will believe anything.

My guy the moment you Marry the less sex you get from your wife.

2 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Manfromlasvegas(m): 2:48am On Oct 28, 2023
Myer:

If you go for marriage seminars, you may have a rethink.
This generation has made marriage so scary that men and some women would rather just be baby dadas or baby mamas.
When you hear what some people are going through in marriage, it scares the bejesus out of you.
Especially if you consider their lives before and after marriage.

But guess what?
You meet some and you're like... God I want this!

In this same world where some are unlucky, some people are simply lucky.
Like wise, in marriage some are just lucky to marry their friend and companion who they are fulfilling life together.

As a believer, I know the devil targets marriages the most because a godly successful marriage is so full of potentials that its multiplier effect extra-ordinary.

When you consider marriages of Banky W and Adesuwa, marriage no dey sweet you?
When you consider Pastor Eneche's family, e no dey hungry you?
When you consider Mrs Awosika or Alakija, belle no dey sweet you?
When you consider Jay Z and Beyonce or Rihanna and ASAP Rocky, you no see say God's Grace is not by religion or piety?

Successful marriage is not even by being so rich some times it's about sharing the similar vision in life, sticking with each other through the thick and thin and being fulfilled.

U make good points, but the examples wey you give, you dey their marriage? Forget wetin dem dey show u, you know wetin dem dey go through inside? No be recently we hear say this banky w wey u mention cheat on him wife?

No matter how beautiful and successful marriages can be, marriage is not for every one. Some people are not just meant to get married, sometimes because of their nature sometimes because of circumstances. Even though society should encourage people to get married and start a family, they should not pressure people. Na this pressure be one of our number one problem for many marriages. A man who doesn't get married is not a failure and should not be looked down on, a woman who doesn't get married is not a failure.

If you want to, or circumstances, make you single forever be single---- be single and happy. If you want to get married, then get married. If you want to get married, and get divorced, then get married and get divorced. If you want to get married, get divorced, and get married again. Then get married again. Let people be people and happy.

2 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Carcholce: 2:59am On Oct 28, 2023
Rolings:

Believe that you will believe anything.

My guy the moment you Marry the less sex you get from your wife.

What is less?

And what is the average amount of sex a man should be getting from his wife?

1 Like

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Myer(m): 3:03am On Oct 28, 2023
Manfromlasvegas:

U make good points, but the examples wey you give, you dey their marriage? Forget wetin dem dey show u, you know wetin dem dey go through inside? No be recently we hear say this banky w wey u mention cheat on him wife?

No matter how beautiful and successful marriages can be, marriage is not for every one. Some people are not just meant to get married, sometimes because of their nature sometimes because of circumstances. Even though society should encourage people to get married and start a family, they should not pressure people. Na this pressure be one of our number one problem for many marriages. A man who doesn't get married is not a failure and should not be looked down on, a woman who doesn't get married is not a failure.

If you want to, or circumstances, make you single forever be single---- be single and happy. If you want to get married, then get married. If you want to get married, and get divorced, then get married and get divorced. If you want to get married, get divorced, and get married again. Then get married again. Let people be people and happy.

Well said.
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Rolings: 3:04am On Oct 28, 2023
Carcholce:

What is less?

And what is the average amount of sex a man should be getting from his wife?

Depends on who you ask..... Some will tell you daily.....some weekly....other maybe once or twice a month..
Whichever category you belong.....you get less than you used to get before marriage and it even becomes less and less as children come till it eventually dries up.
Reasons: women libido reduces with childbirth, women tend to shit their love from husband to children....as women age they get less strength to do many things including sex

2 Likes

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by vickydevoka(m): 3:22am On Oct 28, 2023
anthonioo:
U don smoke whites Dey marry @ 80 but for Naija if u reach 40 and no marry na crime.. marriage brings good luck na so my guy use Dey drive Okada now oooo wife Dey knack outside
Women this days all sleep outside bcus of material things. Most just marry to cover their shame. Marrying a woman who doesn't make tangible income as a keke driver is very risky. Women don't lower their standards easily. They rather sleep around n meet up their material needs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by epainos: 4:11am On Oct 28, 2023
KiNg0G:
Respect

Regardless of your wealth and financial status, not being married or having a family of your own will result in being seen as inferior. It's possible that they won't make it clear to you because you're driving a highly expensive Jeep at the age of 40 or doing some philanthropic work in the community but bet they say it in your back laugh when you are not around.

They might be several news reports of you being impotent or a ritualist even someone that can't afford to feed himself talkless is wife would be regarded as a better man than you in public as custom demands mostly.

Now think about this if a rich man can get this treatment from the society talk more of a poor man.
If you can write this and cannot change the mentality, then, things will get worse. You have allowed people who are ignorant to shape you. So, you prefer to live in the ways of our fathers who have destroyed Nigeria? How old are you sef? It seems you are in that useless generation that gave birth anyhow...yet ask governement for free things all their lives...and then bastardized the whole economy. And the funny issue is that...that generation have no remorse and still feel they know it all. Such a useless generation. I have no regard for any Nigerian that is 60 years and above because they are a useless generation. And still put that useless mentality in young people. Very disgusting set of people.

Doors of breakthrough

I have seen so many men who were struggling in the past, but as soon they got married doors of breakthrough start manifesting in their lives. Different connections through their spouse, not necessarily from her family but from friends and well-wishers. People you don't know before will come through just to see your union grow..The aura becomes fresh everything becomes easy and might just be surprised because you are on a new path.

My cousin is a case study, he was picked to canada by his wife elder brother best friend 2018 and he came back to pick his family with him.
Your cousin's case is different. He simply relocated to a nation whose people don't have this useless way of life of yours. If Canada is over populated like Nigeria, do you think there will be a place to relocate? He is prosperous because he moved to a better nation whose people dont just get married like your people. In such case, getting married cos of relocation is good for him. But what about getting married and remaining in Nigeria? How many of the young

couples who married are able to relocate? One out of 100,000. Right? The data is there to justify it. So what happens to the remaining 99,999? Adding to the poverty already on ground. Lol. Your reasoning is poor.

Historical references

Bro, I know you have other siblings who are males to carry the family name and that don't bother you that much but do you know about family history? They might be a time as long you don't have any offspring to form your own line your existence on earth will be totally wiped off for future generations to come.

They might be a time in the future where the younger generations would want to trace their ancestors and mistakes will be made like "our fore father's only gave birth to 3 children which are these, these and these" but because you got no offspring you would be easily left out and that's false history. A tempered history. ( You can't blame them you left no foot prints.)
This is the real foo.lish old people talking. Hahahaahha. And look at what Nigeria is today. Are you people blind to see what is happening around? Jesus wept!

sudden demise

If you want to know how painful it is, is when a matured man dies and he is not married or with kids to call is own. It get more worst when his parent is still alive. The embarrassment the shame, he nor born o... Several questions and answers within people there wanting to know how he lived his life. Some would even refused to pay last respect talk more of attending the burial.

Take a walk to that bury ground and see how he's buried like a chicken most times especially if he's poor or from a poor background. Nobody prays to die quick bro, but I beg you to reconsider your decision.
Na waooooo!
When a man dies, that is the end. What you do while living is the most important. Una no dey use una brains? Christ!

And what good is the man buried with gold? This person has a misplaced priority. This one has been rendered useless by the older generation. Lol. Chai!

Joy of fulfillment

Take me as a case study from one prostitutes to another, I am tired already but I can't stop that's just the problem and I am not ready to stop yet maybe in the future. I would like to experience a family of my own some day with kids around, little baby girls to call me daddy
daddy especially when she's learning how to speak with innocent smile on her cheek. Little babies to run along when they see me coming, just to take the package in my hand and takes it inside the house.

I am just here to encourage those elders out there in their 40s and 50s is not too late to reconsider, everyone has a choice but sometimes we need to sit and meditate if we are in the right path in our various lifes.

Thank you

You should encourage yourself and leave the 40s to 50s who know marriage is not for them. You are so messed up. You are the one who should learn how to have self control. You have a big problem sleeping with prostitutes and this is your problem. You are not going to stop even you choose to marry cos marriage cannot stop such addiction. Bro, what I see here is that you are justifying your bad habit and it is dangerous.

You are a young man who has decided to live in the age of those 60 years plus Nigerians that failed this nation. Povery is around you and the only thing you are thinking of is marriage. Mehn...no be small thing ooo.

No one should follow this person. It is obvious that you need help. Obviously....poverty will kill this one.

1 Like

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Stephench: 4:48am On Oct 28, 2023
These are some of the dumbest reasons why anyone should reconsider anything. Only very shallow people would care about any of these stuffs

1 Like

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Amumaigwe: 5:12am On Oct 28, 2023
KiNg0G:
Respect

Doors of breakthrough

Historical references

sudden demise

Joy of fulfillment

Thank you

Since the perceived advantages of marriage highlighted in your write up all point either directly or remotely to just having offsprings, one can still have them without marriage. So??
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by imagrg(m): 5:40am On Oct 28, 2023
The major reason why people marry is for procreation purpose.

The man fences the woman with certain ceremony and legal proceedings to ensure that the children that come out of her are faithfully his and not a product of extra-marital affair.

Marriage is like coming together in love and understanding to raise a family. That way, there is continuity in the family line.

One may choose to be either a baby mama or a baby daddy but remember, these children may not live with you forever and that is where the feeling of loneliness and indeed emptiness may roll in later in your life. So be cautious in making your choice.

Think deeply about the pros and cons of marriage before you dive in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by BluelightHotel: 6:00am On Oct 28, 2023
All na wash,there’s nothing in marriage for men.

1 Like

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by TheMostComplex1: 6:17am On Oct 28, 2023
Newborn27:

Can you share the story that made you have this strong determination?

We might have one or two lessons from your story.

I agree with you comments

1 Like

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by seanwilliam(m): 6:27am On Oct 28, 2023
Microwhy:
Marriage is sweet, Marriage is interesting, Marriage is a blessing......,

BUT!

Marriage is full of greedy spouses and In-laws.
Still figuring out how I m going to organise and plan my children day-to-day activities single-handedly.
It has become certain and clear that our marriage is 'Otilo'
The marriage is 'gone-gone'
No more feelings, just pushing.
Me to everyone, Never allow your in-laws or wife sibling come stay with you for more than a week.
Through the sibling, you will actually know if you're married to a good family or not.
Just taking everything slow because of my children.
Marriage works well with extremely red pillars who have strick rules
can you expatiate on this please. Make I learn one or two things.
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by okoroemeka(m): 6:52am On Oct 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do you realize that loneliness is one of the major reasons why Nigerian men, for example, commit adultery, and are never satisfied even at that? Marriage does not cure loneliness... never able to do that. undecided
pls don't generalize,all Nigerian men are not the same,you see loneliness from your own perspective but my best friends and companions I will trust with my life is my grown children,the loyalty and tie is unmatchable,marriage is not by force but a personal decision when you feel you are ready for the responsibility and for men that are planning to get baby Mama's pls aviod the Southeast because if you are not traditionally or legally married to a woman any children that comes from that relationship is not yours,they belong to the woman's family because the two of you are still doing boyfriend and girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Kobojunkie: 6:55am On Oct 28, 2023
okoroemeka:
pls don't generalize,all Nigerian men are not the same,you see loneliness from your own perspective but my best friends and companions I will trust with my life is my grown children,the loyalty and tie is unmatchable,marriage is not by force but a personal decision when you feel you are ready for the responsibility and for men that are planning to get baby Mama's pls aviod the Southeast because if you are do not traditionally or legally married to a woman any children that comes from that relationship is not yours,they belong to the woman's family
You dey read at all? undecided

Do you realize that loneliness is one of the major reasons why Nigerian men, for example, commit adultery, and are never satisfied even at that? Marriage does not cure loneliness... never able to do that. undecided
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 28, 2023
KiNg0G:
Respect

Doors of breakthrough

Historical references

sudden demise

Joy of fulfillment

Thank you

An embarrassment that your died without kids?? Omo keep your ideas to yourself. That's your priority not everyone else.

1 Like

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by okoroemeka(m): 7:03am On Oct 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You dey read at all? undecided

your definition of loneliness is limited and narrowed down to sexual intimacies that's why you highlighted adultery,a cheater will cheat whether you keep him company or not,at my age the companionship of my children is the best cure for loneliness than the soft body of a woman
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Kobojunkie: 7:14am On Oct 28, 2023
okoroemeka:
■ your definition of loneliness is limited and narrowed down to sexual intimacies that's why you highlighted adultery,a cheater will cheat whether you keep him company or not,at my age the companionship of my children is the best cure for loneliness than the soft body of a woman
My definition? You obviously don't have a clue what I meant. undecided

People cheat for many reasons,one is loneliness. But what they don't realize is even the cheating will only depend loneliness not cure it. undecided

As for your children being cure for loneliness, that is a lie. If they did in fact cure it then you would never experience loneliness afterwards. undecided
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Afobaba33(m): 7:20am On Oct 28, 2023
[color=#990000][/color]like me very soon
pocohantas:

As in! I doubt there is any sane woman begging them to marry her. Allow the men that see importance in marriage to marry. grin grin
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Oshin56(m): 7:38am On Oct 28, 2023
Yhemzie:

It actually worth it and helps a lot if you meet the right partner.
that's it, meeting the right partner is the issued.
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by KiNg0G: 7:51am On Oct 28, 2023
DaddyGngeess:

Did you copy this somewhere or
is from your own inspiration? But from wherever all i can say is thank you for posting is here, leave this small small talking bulshit about women this, women that a time is coming that they will understand, a bottle of beer for you in my lounge

I don't copy bro, it's from my own meditation.
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by KiNg0G: 7:52am On Oct 28, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Good points you made there in your own opinion, but I will still not reconsider. Thank you.
smile
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:05am On Oct 28, 2023
Ah jus dae
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Rmace: 8:22am On Oct 28, 2023
incandescentena:

It makes absolute sense...for those girls

Lmao
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Nice2023(m): 8:26am On Oct 28, 2023
Blackveil:
These reasons are not enough to change my mind.

Even if it’s the only way to heaven, I'm not getting married

Amen...so shall it be.

Whatever we bind here on earth is done and dusted in heaven.
Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Simpubozz(m): 8:39am On Oct 28, 2023
All these point you listed no b am sha sad

1 Like

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by Advancedman(m): 8:41am On Oct 28, 2023
KiNg0G:
Respect Foolish talk

Doors of breakthrough YES

Historical references Who cares

sudden demise Nonsensical

Joy of fulfillment YES

Thank you... Thank you too

Re: As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage by JagabanB: 8:51am On Oct 28, 2023
Tayorshd87:

Which kind debt be that?
The woman collect loan go build house 😳 or play naija bet??
Wey make d man close all shops 🤔

Abeg na which movie u watch again mthee
This is a reality I witnessed that spanned 12 solid years, debts and family responsibilities, I made that point clear.
His mates in that business are sending their kids abroad today.
He is looking for what to eat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Ways Babies Are Smarter Than You Thought / Woman Unknowingly Hired Policemen As Hit-men To Kill Her Husband / Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.