Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? (24463 Views)

Have You Noticed People Are No More Buying Cars / Buying Cars From Auction Sites In The U.S / Buying Cars Cheap From Togo Port. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Isolock: 12:08am On Oct 28, 2023
Michael547:
Ever since petrol turned to around 600 naira per litre, I have noticed alot of people that wanted to buy car before decided not to buy again. What is really happening. Have you decided not to buy car again since the hike in petrol, or do you know anyone who refused to buy? Share your stories please...

Here in Abuja, a lot of people are leaving their cars at home and using public transportation as it is cheaper. I've also seen people put their cars up for sale and some that are riding cars with v6 engines are buying smaller cars that are more fuel efficient.

Despite the issue of petrol, people with the means are still buying cars but I can say for certain that the roads are not as filled as when fuel price was 170/ltr

6 Likes

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Blaze14k: 12:12am On Oct 28, 2023
Ameboperoo:
Even if you don't use it all the time, a car is a necessity in many cases.
Besides, don't you pay tp when you go out by public transport?
That the price of cement rise no mean ppl no go build house again. Pray make God bless your hustle bro

There was this man close to my house who was building his house with a very fast pace. In my mind I was thinking the man is racing against time buh right now the pace is extremely slow due to cos of materials he has not even finished putting the doors. See lets not pretend the economy is extremely bad cos price is changing every day. I have suspended things I want to do due to this bad situation. Its not easy for everyone including the rich.

What I believe tinubu is doing is to control the economy at his own pace its as simple as that
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by bemeruca: 12:19am On Oct 28, 2023
Chicagograduate:
Senators bought brand new SUVs for 360 members at the cost of ₦100m each.

Why won't they when idiotx are focused on bbnaija and mobad

2 Likes

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Ykc2(m): 12:20am On Oct 28, 2023
Na only agbadorians dey enjoy this Tinubu's government igbo people ntorrr

2 Likes

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Ykc2(m): 12:24am On Oct 28, 2023
JagabanB:

The picture most of u try to paint on the internet tho.
From streets are empty to people are no longer buying cars, cars are being bought on daily basis, make una rest abeg.
Exotic cars, cars for businesses, different classes of vehicles are being bought for different purposes everyday.
Is it only in Nigeria that fuel sells for #600?
una go explain tire,people day your millions cars in nigeria from your family auto car delearship plaza
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Cmanforall: 12:24am On Oct 28, 2023
Chicagograduate:

This your name grin

You recently registered it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Blitzking: 12:33am On Oct 28, 2023
Chicagograduate:
This is how they squander the little dollar we are trying to use to boost our industries...they kill the industries cos of the greed...were dey without cars before they assumed office

2 Likes

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Michael547(m): 12:57am On Oct 28, 2023
Harrynight:
angry

Dey Play

People are buying ordinary phones worth almost A Million Naira daily
Asin enh
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Michael547(m): 12:57am On Oct 28, 2023
Blitzking:
This is how they squander the little dollar we are trying to use to boost our industries...they kill the industries cos of the greed...were dey without cars before they assumed office
Food for thought
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 1:10am On Oct 28, 2023
Omoi bought not so long.. but na corolla sha
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by emiron18(m): 1:42am On Oct 28, 2023
Taaooma tells how much Cristiano Ronaldo earns and how
Click to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0fuXzl7Zcg
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by jayAjoku(m): 1:52am On Oct 28, 2023
Some of you haven’t understood that Life is Osondi Owendi . Even if The economy bleeds red there’s still going to be people making money and living well it might not always be the same people but wherever there are losers there are winners.

5 Likes

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by InvertedHammer: 2:32am On Oct 28, 2023
Michael547:
Ever since petrol turned to around 600 naira per litre, I have noticed alot of people that wanted to buy car before decided not to buy again. What is really happening. Have you decided not to buy car again since the hike in petrol, or do you know anyone who refused to buy? Share your stories please...

/

Cars?

Go to building sites. People are raising 3 and 4-storeys non-stop.

/
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Rolings: 2:39am On Oct 28, 2023
Michael547:

Many people are buying cars daily.
It's just that people buy more fuel efficient cars these days except maybe you are a NASS member that just got a new SUV 😄

Meanwhile life like my people say is a double face drum....while a face is facing one direction the other face is facing another direction.... meaning this life no balance.....it's now that things are hard as a result of petrol price hike that the doors of blessings of some people just open..... They may buy things more expensive but some people are have a ball even in this situation. I know some people whose salary has seen three increases this year alone not as a result of fuel price hike but due to years of negotiation for salary increase
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by rockog: 2:44am On Oct 28, 2023
I have wanted to ask this question long ago.
But the truth is; the rate at which people but cars has reduced

1 Like

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by maestro299: 3:23am On Oct 28, 2023
Shawl001:
Right?

One would expect a sudden rise in bicycle rides. Not even one.
There's money in the country abeg.

Don't join them and say otherwise.
Nigeria na real enigma.😁😁

1 Like

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by yusufmurry: 4:31am On Oct 28, 2023
BigTableShaker:
Very soon, I go buy Toyota Venza AWD of N8m.

With a clitocurrency?

1 Like

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Taxong: 4:36am On Oct 28, 2023
Own A Car?
Here Is A Great Side Hustle To Make Money With Your Car As a Car Hire Service in Abuja, Kaduna & Kano. To Learn More Visit:
https://www.pickme.com.ng
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Pat081: 5:07am On Oct 28, 2023
blesboi:
Some Nigeria are very Rich... the majority are poor ... the Rich are still buying
Do you know that some of those poor people are still doing good things in this life?? Am not poor non rich my building is still going on in this 5 thousand 5hundred cement
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by okoroemeka(m): 5:35am On Oct 28, 2023
Soulsymbol99:
Surprisingly people are still buying oooo grin even SUVs
even when brand new Peugeot car is #5000 naira but many people can't even afford Vespa talk more of the car,by God's grace and with good health my hustling point next year is to upgrade to an SUV,for my farm business and bush movements
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Reference(m): 5:48am On Oct 28, 2023
Why not. My four year renewal rule remains sacrosanct. The debate is whether to go hybrid or full electric.

The scarcity of gasoline in Nigeria should tell the other side of the story. That the eta of the ICE automobile is coming to an end and we should be prepared for a life without those cars and parts.
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Maj196(m): 5:52am On Oct 28, 2023
Why not? I go buy own soon tongue
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Josywhyte: 6:00am On Oct 28, 2023
Somebody bought an expensive one along my street two days ago. Mercedes GLK 450
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by CJStarz: 6:03am On Oct 28, 2023
Chicagograduate:

#160 million naira each o,my brother.
This country no balance at alllll
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Rhozabeth(m): 6:06am On Oct 28, 2023
Whether u like it or not, every new govt policy will always enrich somebody. Some people were feeding fat on the subsidy that was removed, even with the removal, some new set of people will start getting rich and so the cycle will continue. So cars will be bought everyday whether we like it or not. It is only people that struggle to buy cars that will be complaining now, people that buy cars with ease no dey reason fuel price!
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by worldman(m): 6:13am On Oct 28, 2023
Yes ooooo I have sold more cars than ever before in the last 2months
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by maasoap(m): 6:19am On Oct 28, 2023
Ameboperoo:
Even if you don't use it all the time, a car is a necessity in many cases.

I agree with you.

Besides, don't you pay tp when you go out by public transport?
That the price of cement rise no mean ppl no go build house again
. Pray make God bless your hustle bro
Off! Wrong analogy
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by maasoap(m): 6:29am On Oct 28, 2023
Michael547:

It is a very simple topic in Economics. The price of fuel goes up, the demands for cars goes down.
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Jamie1000: 6:31am On Oct 28, 2023
People are even buying now than ever before. Owing a car is cheaper than uber.

1 Like

Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by FireUpNow(m): 6:32am On Oct 28, 2023
Yes, senators and other government officials are buying more expensive cars
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by stolaonipekun: 6:34am On Oct 28, 2023
Bro u better leave economy just pray for God blessing. Economy doesn't stop God to bless his children
Re: Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? by Fatbam005: 6:41am On Oct 28, 2023
Many car owner are still using AC esp this hot sun. Not everyone is stranded and broke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Automobile Plant In South South Nigeria Close To Completion / Volvo Unveils Autonomous Garbage Truck (kolekole) - Photo & Video / The Evolution Of Bugatti – Which Do You Like Most? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.