Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? (1395 Views)

Ladies! Which Do You Prefare? A Guiy With Low Cut Hair/ Or A Guy With Styles. / "The Right Way To CHAT/TEXT With A Girl That Will Make Her Find You Attractive" / Marrying A Ready Made Or Getting Rich Together;which Would You Prefare? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by sweetpawn1: 11:02am On Oct 25, 2011
Hello, I am making a survey for a foreign tech firm that wants to release the product into the nigerian market.
They hope to make the product very "ridiculously" cheap to use, as they put it!
Seeing the success of phone apps like 2go,they wish to create a product for mobile that will allow users to convey emotions using voice rather than just text or pictures.
Pls respond. Thanks.
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by veun: 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
that sounds cool! How will it work?on phone or pc?
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by MMM2(m): 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2011
life punn undecided
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by sweetpawn1: 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
@veun
It seems like you will record ur voice with ur phone and send it to ur friend's inbox. When ur friend opens the inbox,the message can be played back.
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by sweetpawn1: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
@mmm
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by omega25red(m): 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2011
poster

this is very in-practical. people would call each other if they really wanted to but using text messages cuts out all the awkward silences that people have after having found out just about everything about the person you are with. Also, i personally hate having to call my voice mail to get my messages because i have to hear all the "message received on blah blah, to play message, to delete message" etc

oh yeah sometimes you don't really want to talk to the person you are calling so you just text to get the message across without them picking up the call.

[size=18pt]my opinion from a consumer's point of view hope this helps your company[/size]
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by veun: 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2011
Sounds expensive! If sending sms text costs 5 to 10 naira, depending on the network used how can voice cost less? I used to think sms was lighter than voice calls which made it a cheap alternative to making calls?
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by iice(f): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2011
Now they don't have keyboards. Imagine if they actually do away with the remaining keyboards.
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by sweetpawn1: 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
@veun
It will not be expensive as u imagine cos the voice will be send over the internet. Using compression algorithms,the voice message will not exceed 150 kilobytes.
This means that on most major networks u will b charged less than a naira to send or receive a message.
If u use a databundle plan u can use 100naira to get a 10mb plan and send voice messages worth 14hrs long! Which network allows u to talk for 14hrs with 100naira?
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by sweetpawn1: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2011
@omega25red
Yes I get where u are coming from but there are times when u want to talk 2 someone for some long time and u do not want to wait until 12:30am or spend a fortune to call. The idea is to make nigerian consumers talk more rather than text more on apps like 2go. As was mentioned in my above post u can talk for upto 14 hrs with 100 naira. Do u still think it impractical.
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by sweetpawn1: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2011
@iice
Forgive me,but I dont get u. How does keyboard enter the matter? Pls expanciate more!
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by veun: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
shocked talk for 14hrs with only N100? Sounds too good to be true!
Re: Would U Prefare Voice Sms Over Text Sms To Chat With Ur Gf/bf? by sweetpawn1: 8:54am On Oct 26, 2011
Yes its true. Tested the beta version of the application and found it to be so.

(1) (Reply)

Gifts From Ex: Do U Return Them / Her Boyfriend Constantly Sets Her Up For Temptation. . . . / My Toast Line, What Is Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.