Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,688 members, 7,831,129 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend (32531 Views)

Man Laments After His Wife Sold His House For ₦10 Million & Absconded (Video) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Akowonjo: Fire Service Trucks Arrive Burning House Without Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by BondRiv: 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2023
Candidlady:
Men and their stupid entitleMENt MENtality

Ihave seen people build houses or even leave the country without their parents knowing

Yaro you are just a friend!! Get that into your shallow brain

So you fed him... Must we know.. Ubanka

Atleast he invited you.. You should be grateful..

A post bereft of wisdom and manners.

That something has become the norm does not make it right.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Gucciswaz: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jones90:

I understand where you are coming from, but you know it takes some months to build a house and during these periods of time, the acclaimed friend of the OP would have been dining and wining with the OP without telling him that he's building a house. He intentionally kept it secret from the OP.

Personally I don't see any sense in it. Telling the OP will not stop him from building his house, why then keep it a secret from him?
sometimes some persons reason with their anus instead of their brains ... no just bother to clarify that fellow,some people are meant never reason properly.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Lekan239(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
You have absolutely no right to know everything about your friend, and the fact that he didn't tell you does not mean he is a bad friend. If he is a bad friend he would have hurt you one way or the other in the past and wouldn't even invite you to his house opening.

Friendship is in categories. He may not have considered you as a very close friend, but sees you as just a friend. Or he may have felt that his building plans was something which only his close family members should know
then why broadcast it to the world after completion through his status since its only meant for his close family to know

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Angelfrost(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
I keep telling you guys that as we grow older, we mostly grow apart...!

He is still your friend, but you have likely been overstating your closeness as friends.

Trust is a big deal that is not permitted anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by blowjohn(m): 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2023
jessylaurel:

He was busy spending your money with you and hiding his own for his building project. You DON'T have a FRIEND.

So did they force the op to be spending on another human?

Is that a life ambition?

Fat Joe once talked about the times when Jay Z wud invite them to clubs and they wud spend money buying P diddys company drinks...

Until p diddy( aside his other nasty side) became richer

Learn from this. The link:

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/T-xkhLghXNU

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by blowjohn(m): 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fat Joe once talked about the times when Jay Z wud invite them to clubs and they wud spend money buying P diddys company drinks...

Until p diddy( aside his other nasty side) became richer. Fat Joe called diddy the king of deception ( in a business sense)

Learn from this. The link:

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/T-xkhLghXNU

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by thatigboman: 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
Just let move on, he may be an introvert while u are an extrovert. He meant mo harm

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by ezewealth(m): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
I don't know why you should be angry. Your are acting like he is your slave. Just be happy with him. As a man e get certain things you keep within yourself only, I know its hurts but believe me he did the best. Where u will be angry is if he open the house n know invite you, no know tell he finish am. He don need to tell you the process if he don't need any of your help. Human by nature is envious and jealous, diff some ppl let it linger and it becomes hatred next thing there are to do evil thing to you while some ppl shake it off few seconds, and concentrate on their own hustle

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by zoedew: 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
Must he tell you everything just because you are friends 🧐. God is the only friend worth calling one. If you don't like it that way. Reduce your exposure to him and let him go!
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Betnomore: 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bro i swear this thing no hard. See no love lost oooo. If you self build your house, you no go tell am too. Una go dey parole together ooo but for this life na wetin person serve na him you go dish ooo. No take am serious at all. He is still your friend. U sef no go just tell am when you build yours cos na d only bad thing wey u feel say him do you be that.

Peter532:
I don't know if I should be angry or just smile and take it as it is. This is someone that I fed, I clothed despite us being closed friends since we were kids. He knows everything about me that my parents don't even know till dates..We could go to a gathering together and I will be the one ordering and paying for everything we bought even recently because I always acted like the big bro and he accepted I guess .. Just last week I saw it on his status about is house opening invite. I later got a dm from him that same evening telling me about it that I should come through.

It came as a surprise I admit, even though I know he was doing quite well for himself. I know some will call it entitlement mentality but since I considered we were close like a brother we even ate from same plate last 2weeks, I thought I should have known atleast.

Note: I noticed so many people will come in here to call me names, even some accusing me to be someone with bad motives and sort I smile. Not everyone has a evil mindset like you or some persons you know, It's just that when you expect so much from people you hold very close to your heart you might get disappointed and it hurts badly.

Especially when you know you can't do that same thing to that person. I only brought it out here because I wanted to know maybe I'm overreacting because I feel a deep level of betrayal but hey I am happy for him and I will attend the house opening tomorrow.

File Photo for Illustration

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by benqo01(m): 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
OP I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT HERE BUT TRUST ME IT IS VERY PAINFUL BEING SO CLOSE TO THAT PERSON.

BUT TRUTH BE TOLD THESE DAYS PEOPLE DO THINGS AND WE BEGIN TO WONDER.

MY ADVICE TO YOU NOW, IS FROM HENCEFORTH KEEP IMPORTANT THINGS TO YOURSELF

DONT FIGHTS HIM
DONT QURREL HIM
DONT HATE HIM

STILL KEEP YOUR FRIENDSHIP INTACTS

BUT KEEP IMPORTANTS THINGS TO YOURSELF

3 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Floky215: 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
Peter532:
I don't know if I should be angry or just smile and take it as it is. This is someone that I fed, I clothed despite us being closed friends since we were kids. He knows everything about me that my parents don't even know till dates..We could go to a gathering together and I will be the one ordering and paying for everything we bought even recently because I always acted like the big bro and he accepted I guess .. Just last week I saw it on his status about is house opening invite. I later got a dm from him that same evening telling me about it that I should come through.

It came as a surprise I admit, even though I know he was doing quite well for himself. I know some will call it entitlement mentality but since I considered we were close like a brother we even ate from same plate last 2weeks, I thought I should have known atleast.

Note: I noticed so many people will come in here to call me names, even some accusing me to be someone with bad motives and sort I smile. Not everyone has a evil mindset like you or some persons you know, It's just that when you expect so much from people you hold very close to your heart you might get disappointed and it hurts badly.

Especially when you know you can't do that same thing to that person. I only brought it out here because I wanted to know maybe I'm overreacting because I feel a deep level of betrayal but hey I am happy for him and I will attend the house opening tomorrow.

I accommodated one like that for over five(5) years and held nothing back from him, but turned when he thought he has started making small small change, infact he started telling me subtly that i was a fool by his actions....!!

It's was my experience with him I discovered why some people don't like helping people...!! Especially the very rich ones...!!

I learnt my lessons with him and never would that happen again...!!

All man to carry his cross now..!! grin
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Kingsolar: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2023
Peter532:

He knows everything about me that my parents don't even know till date....

There's your answer Mr man.
Believe me there are people that have very evil envy spirit that u don't need to tell them any shiy about your next great move, if you do I swear u will never do that thing at all no Matter your efforts. Bro, I speak out of life experiences. Maybe he has seen such spirit in you all this while and that's why he don't tell you the many great things he has done for himself. Dig deep n u will be surprised at the many achievements of the so so called friend.

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by gidjah(m): 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2023
My own best friend from sec sch did similar.we eat and sleep together in FCT way back, he works as a manger in a filling station while I was a sec sch teacher in FCT.He practices Islam while I d opposite.I tot I had a Bossom brother who can be all I wanted but for where guy man did me hmmmm.it was a week to his wedding he told me right under his roof!! Ahhhh! I muted to my self ! "bro....u did me strong thing o"!! How could some one u live under the same roof do such people of God ?(ABI una go say I am jealous too !) I Kept quiet and went he even asked me for my car for use during the wedding ,I gave him but d thing peppered my mind Sha bec ause I so so trusted him to the moon.Let me shock ya all, his wife put to bed in four months after d wedding !! I went again with gifts to see d amazing child (he left the house apartment to me to continue running ) but finally CUT OF FROM D EVIL RELATIONSHIP! TILL DATE (10YRS +)I HAVEN'T SPOKEN WITH HIM .I don't need him just like he doesn't need me ,let's all sail apart.Some guys get deep satanic mind .me sef aff married na at least.

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by luminouz(m): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
Candidlady:

Ihave seen people build houses or even leave the country without their parents knowing

Someone will impregnate you this year!!! So that we can at least rest

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by modernWays: 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
Peter532:

Since you call him a close friend and even ate together just 2 weeks ago, I will advise you to be very careful with him. Such person can see a good opportunity or death and not inform you. Building is a project, there no reason you should keep it a secret to someone you often do something together with.

He intentionally kept it a secret, so that he can continue to enjoy your generosity.

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Lekan239(m): 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bede2u:
To be honest, I try to avoid people like you as a friend. People who believe that wanting them to treat you as good as you have treated them is 'entitlement'. If people treat you badly so that tomorrow they won't feel any entitlement from you, that is when you will understand how counter-productive this mindset is.
lol. Why should you then beat or sack your employee for misconduct and stealing since you are paying them very good.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Salowise: 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
I'm guilty of this, but I'll give hint sometimes in what i do but will not tell you.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Adakintroy: 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
One message prophet t.b Joshua preach and I still retain in my heart till this day. Is our "expectations of other"

It not that people often disappoint us. It just that we expected too much from them.

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Machinegun91(m): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2023
Is better you make friend with a devil than that motherfucker

He can even kill you bro
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by AchichaMmuo: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2023
Peter532:

If you guys were as close as you stated, and he didn't tell while building the house, I'll advise you not to go to that house warming.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Ibime(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2023
yeyebrity:
Dude was using you and silently saw you as a competition.

Gbam!

True friends will discuss price of land, materials and labour and legalities on a project such as this, beyond even just sharing the info for congratulations and upliftment

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by StarRida: 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2023
Peter532:

guy bringing this kind of topic in a place like Nairaland is a mistake knowing fully well that Nairaland is filled up with kids that doesn't know Thier right and left anyway that guy is not a genuine friend he has some bad feeling for you I suggest you confront him and ask him why he behaved in that manner if he doesn't give you his reasons I suggest you minimize your company with him because friendship should be build with trust so if he trusts you as a friend why hiding such an achievement from someone you called your friend

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by erico2k2(m): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2023
Peter532:

And so?

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Mekus007001: 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2023
Candidlady:

You are a mad Black Cow....Ewu Gambia

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by boxypane(m): 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
It's better you start keeping things to yourself. Na fuse everyone be.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Dennisochampa: 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
Make e tell u as e dey build house as wetin?
Him papa or him God?
He has taught u a lesson and if you're wise... Instead of complaining, u should learn from it....
Build in silence and let the results speak for em selves....

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by JustcallmeFavou(f): 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
Peter532:

Now you know how he regards you!

I'd always say, be a good or a kind person. But dey use your brain too. If you are being good or kind to someone and they don't treat you in such ways, give yourself sense say they are not for you.

Attend the house opening or warming, but now you know how he takes or sees you, or regards you! Shalom!
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Segzy19: 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2023
Foolish sigma rule

I guess you do everything in your life by those stupid sets of rules....

Englishisamust:

Will not stop what!!!!

.....Sigma Rule.....
Rule Number 1; Don't trust Anybody
Rules Number 2: Follow Rule Number 1

For Op to Broadcast what is friend did here shows the reason why is friend dont want to tell him.
Your best friend may be your greatest enemy. We have see many news of people been killed or disappointed for putting trust in their love ones.
As long as you are not hurting anyone or killing anyone. Do your shit and don't care about what anybody say.... Op friend is my type..... you can avoid some experience by learning from those that have experience it..
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Segzy19: 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
You have learnt a lesson there....
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Englishisamust: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2023
Segzy19:
Foolish sigma rule

I guess you do everything in your life by those stupid sets of rules....

Ok.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by cybergawd: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2023
He has "sense" more than you. If I were you, I will honor the invite; eat, drink to my satisfaction and leave. So not bother asking him why he could not tell, nor mention it to you, at least, as a friend. Pretend like he never built a house. Also, try build your own house, and do not tell him, even when you had moved in.
All na surprise

Peter532:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom Flat At Ifo In Ogun State. / FURNITURE / Family Of 7 Burns To Death Ghana In House Fire(Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.