Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? (20308 Views)

What Was The First Food You Ate In 2023? / Live Centipede Seen In Bowl Of Isi Ewu Served In A Lagos Restaurant (Video) / How To Make Spicy Isi Ewu: Spiced Goat Head Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Haveyoueatentod: 7:05am On Nov 08, 2023
Last time was in 2002 when my grandad bought goat head on his way from work and my grandma prepared ogbono soup with it
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by happney65: 7:11am On Nov 08, 2023
Isi ewu for loveth . tongue
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Icuib4cu: 7:13am On Nov 08, 2023
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by stuffs2002: 7:17am On Nov 08, 2023
ahnie:
It's an Igbo delicacy called ishi ewu(goat head)

It is not an Igbo delicacy.

Everyone all over the country eats goat head pepper soup but the Igbos call it isi ewu

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by sltn(m): 7:18am On Nov 08, 2023
ahnie:
I'll go first....last I ate it was at a joint this year,months back called 17:59.
It's was delicious....
akure abi. Well last time was two week ago.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Jokerman(m): 7:19am On Nov 08, 2023
Resetinc:
Na all these junk cholesterolosis concoctions dey give us sickness for old age … πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You see proteins and fats, and you call it junk??

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by nedekid: 7:20am On Nov 08, 2023
oyeb15:
I pray we won't start seeing ourselves as food the way Tinubu ruined everything in this country.

No credit facility,
inflation,
high energy cost, no
no patronage,
high taxation,
depicted infrastructure,
skyrocketing food prices, imagine bag of rice 65,000,
irregular payment of federal workers,
massive unemployment ,
insecurity,
*open corruption in federal ministries and parastatal as the case of FSTC Usi-Ekiti ( South-West Principals of Federal Unity schools ganging up with federal Ministry of Education to illegally transfer 48 academic staffs from the school to core North just because they protested against their corrupt and irresponsible principal.

Nigerians deserve better.
We deserve what we get.
Someday, we will have sense.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by xynerise: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2023
ahnie:
It's an Igbo delicacy called ishi ewu(goat head)
Looks Nkwobi to me
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by pek(m): 7:21am On Nov 08, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Hm... I'm not a fan of isi Ewu especially when I heard its prepared with the brain.

I remember the last time I came close to eating it in 2009.. immediately they brought it and I saw the goat eye in the motar, I told my friend I'm not eating. He then ordered for nkwobi and since then it's either nkwobi or ugba and okporoko.

If I'll ever try it again it has to be prepared without the brain and let me not see the eyes.
Reading this, the saying, one man's meat is another man's poison comes to mind. I know a lot of people, the first thing they will eat is the eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by MadarasBlade(m): 7:25am On Nov 08, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Hm... I'm not a fan of isi Ewu especially when I heard its prepared with the brain.

I remember the last time I came close to eating it in 2009.. immediately they brought it and I saw the goat eye in the motar, I told my friend I'm not eating. He then ordered for nkwobi and since then it's either nkwobi or ugba and okporoko.

If I'll ever try it again it has to be prepared without the brain and let me not see the eyes.
Nobody puts goat's eyes there, stop lying

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Iamanoited: 7:26am On Nov 08, 2023
GOAT HEADS ARE SCARCE TO GET NOWADAYS.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by nakoks(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Why would anyone put the teeth?
I won't eat the ear either but I can manage the tongue.
If you no eat the ear wetin you gain? very crunchy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Iamanoited: 7:30am On Nov 08, 2023
GOAT HEADS ARE SCARCE TO GET NOWADAYS. THE GOATS ARE RESISTING ARREST AND ABDUCTION AGAINST THEIR ANIMALS' RIGHTS.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by KosiGee(m): 7:32am On Nov 08, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by FashionCookie(f): 7:34am On Nov 08, 2023
My best best...I no dey play with this food o.
E don tey I eat am sha. Can't even remember where. Uyo or Aba I think.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by LadyRosa(f): 7:36am On Nov 08, 2023
stuffs2002:

It is not an Igbo delicacy.

Everyone all over the country eats goat head pepper soup but the Igbos call it isi ewu

This is not peppersoup oga.

This is ngwo ngwo isi ewu and an igbo delicacy!

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by LadyRosa(f): 7:37am On Nov 08, 2023
MadarasBlade:

Nobody puts goat's eyes there, stop lying

There's definitely goat eye in every isi ewu.

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Swiftgrp: 7:37am On Nov 08, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Goat head, brain and eyes meal combo ... Eww! Sounds like something from a primitive past.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Reference(m): 7:37am On Nov 08, 2023
Looks very unhealthy.
This is a once in a lifetime meal.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by scanado(m): 7:41am On Nov 08, 2023
ahnie:
When was the last time you ate this sweet delicacy?

Thought it was the other isi-ewu
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by virginchaser(m): 7:41am On Nov 08, 2023
Booking for it today already. Life na once oga. 9ja wahala no dey finish.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by MrPresident1: 7:44am On Nov 08, 2023
Isi ewu ko, isi mbe ni
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by sonofthunder: 7:44am On Nov 08, 2023
ahnie:
I'll go first....last I ate it was at a joint this year,months back called 17:59.
It's was delicious....

Location ?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by mightyhaze: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2023
That's our favourite snack..
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Sonofgod1990(m): 7:47am On Nov 08, 2023
about 8 years ago
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by lifenajeje(m): 7:48am On Nov 08, 2023
Except it's prepared in my house

Anything served in the mini mortal is scam ..

It's got a false bottom

Now now the thing don finish .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by DaddyGngeess(m): 7:49am On Nov 08, 2023
ahnie:
It's was delicious....

Hmmmm, 17 59 bar at mafoluku?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Teenaira: 7:50am On Nov 08, 2023
ahnie:
It's was delicious....

I advise you don’t declare the actual date and time so that you will not be reported to EFCC.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Meteng: 7:54am On Nov 08, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

I dey eat am, but I no wan carry my eyes see the goat eyes inside there. I dey comot am trowey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by thaoriginator: 7:55am On Nov 08, 2023
ahnie:
It's was delicious....
for Akure?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Guyman01: 8:05am On Nov 08, 2023
Skyview01:
I think about 6months ago.
My wife prepared at home with a bottle chilled Jamaican stout.

Half way through, i was almost speaking in tongues.
And afterwards you gave it to her hot hot in appreciation grin
Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by Greattha: 8:13am On Nov 08, 2023
ahnie:
When was the last time you ate this sweet delicacy?

T's epic.

Who no go no know.😎

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Made My Moimoi / Nigerian Customs Destroy N11.5m Worth Of Frozen Products In Edo (photos) / How Do I Make Chapman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.