Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza (40891 Views)

The Israeli Raid On Damascus, An ‘unprecedented’ Escalation Of Tensions / Israel Foils 'october 7-style' Terror Attack In Raid On Jenin Hospital(photos) / Israel Launches Air Raids On Gaza, Lebanon (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by nlfpmod: 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2023
Private Ori Megedish, an IDF soldier, was rescued during the IDF's operation in Gaza on Sunday night, the IDF and Shin Bet said in a joint statement on Monday.

She was kidnapped by the Hamas terrorists on October 7 and has now been reunited with her family.

A subsequent medical examination administered to Megidish has determined that she is healthy.

The statement noted that the IDF and Shin bet will continue to make every effort to secure the freedom of the remaining hostages.

Responses from Herzog and Netanyahu

President Isaac Herzog was quick to express his happiness for Megedish's rescue in a statement on X, formerly Twitter, on Monday night.

"I was moved to see the soldier Ori Megedish return home to her loving family after a daring operation by the IDF and Shin Bet," Herzog wrote. "Our security forces operate around the clock in Gaza, in the north, in Judea and Samaria, and everywhere, on land, in the air, and at sea."

"Last night, our forces freed Private Ori Megedish from Hamas captivity. O)ri was abducted on the dark morning of October 7th," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said. Welcome back home, Ori. I commend the Shin Bet and the IDF for this significant and emotional achievement, an achievement that reflects our commitment to bringing all the captives home. All of Israel pays tribute to the Shin Bet and the IDF. To the Hamas terrorists and to ISIS, I say - you are monsters. We will continue to pursue you, we will continue to hunt you down. We will strike you until you yield from our grip."

In response to the liberation of the IDF soldier, Hamas stated on its Telegram channel that the news was an intentional distraction from the hostage video released by the terror organization earlier on Monday.

"Regarding the allegations by the Zionist terrorist occupation about the release of a female soldier, we affirm that such an announcement aims to divert attention from the video of the captured women that Al-Qassam Brigades broadcast today, which has caused significant shock within the Zionist society," the statement read.

Celebrations erupted around Megedish's house in the southern Israeli city of Kiryat Gat. A crowd gathered around the residence and neighbors and revelers sang songs and set off fireworks.

"It's like another birth," Israeli media quoted a neighbor of the family, Itamar Trobek, as saying. "We are very happy. We saw the family, they weren't the same as yesterday. We prayed a lot."

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-770879

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Taylor92: 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Younghacka(m): 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
The Israeli Forces Seem To Be Very Competent. . .
Good One.

187 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by MikeMicheal(m): 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hope her pimpim has not been BRUTALIZED?

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Botragelad: 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Good. More to follow. Can we crack on with hunting down the Islamic terrorists, and flatten Gaza and the tossers hiding there!
After the whole thing, who else reckons Muslim nutters in places like France, Sweden, UK, and other Western/European countries should be kicked out!

These guys are becoming a menace and a pain in the arse to the civilised word. I'm well cheesed off with the Muslim terror really. So much hassle and aggro from this same religion. Something needs to be done. For real!

As of now, Israel and the US are like the only country giving these terror loonies a proper spanking, other countries keep letting them in. For the sake of humanity, deport all Muslim extremists to the dump they legged it from.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by adesegun121(m): 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Ok
Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by CursedOsuPigs: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
K
Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by seunlayi(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Good. Unlike my Fatherland where soldiers are never rescued from the hands of Boko haram or Isis terrorist. Once they hold a soldier, just sọ pé óti lọ

Since US Marine came to Nigeria during bubu's reign to rescue some Americans without the knowledge of our security agencies that I knew Nigeria is truly finished.

WARNING[/color]!!! Whenever you see headlines like "Police Rescued........" Endeavour to read the news, 90% are NEVER due to our securitymen[color=#006600]

92 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Bahamas95(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Whenever I hear cases of rescued kidnap victims I don't always give credit to the security operatives.....What comes to my mind is that either the victims were lucky or the kidnappers loose guarded.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by osuofia2(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Give it to the sons of zion.
Reminds me of Operation wrath of God after the incident in Munich 72 amd the Entebbe operation in Uganda

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by truthfully360: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nice
Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Coolbreeze1988(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
God save you
Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Hezzyluv: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Another name for one particular religion is called fu!k peace. these guys detest peace with pride. Anywhere them multiply, you must c vawulenceangry

I no kuku mention name undecided

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Fuckyoumod: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Today on CNN I saw Gaza residents stealing , dragging and begging for food to eat from a UN aid center. The will continue to depend of aids.

Gaza is a cursed land, nothing but death and hunger awaits Palestinians.
They are cursed people...., Go back to history it has always been like that since the beginning.

Even after this war, few years from now. I bet you, they will trigger another war with Israel and Israel will continue to kill and destroy them.
This is the word of God, The word of Jehovah. The God of Israel. His words does not come back void. I have no pity for Gaza.

This fight is a fight without end.

19 Likes

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by ShenTeh(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Thank God for the gift of life.

Those supporting Hamas, can one please tell me what Hamas was possibly thinking that motivated them to attack an enemy that they knew they can't defeat.

See the untold hardship in Gaza today.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Aust1n(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
So beautiful.. thank God for her
Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by raskymonojendor: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Rescued or released.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by JASONjnr(m): 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
Gaza fighting strong
Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by letitrainnow(m): 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2023
Lucky
Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Roger3D(m): 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
Free Palestine

8 Likes

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Kenneth4u205(m): 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
This is what we call competence. Not Nigeria military that is dominated by foolish useless fulanis and Hausa

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by SeeItSayIt: 8:35pm On Oct 30, 2023
God bless Israel & Israelites.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by seunlayi(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
osuofia2:
Give it to the sons of zion.
Reminds me of Operation wrath of God after the incident in Munich 72 amd the Entebbe operation in Uganda

This generation of Nigeria can't get it right. Misplaced priority.... For instance, they will tell passengers in the South to come down from vehicle and walk past check points but will rarely do this in the war-torn NE.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Basicend: 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
MikeMicheal:

Hmm cry sad undecided cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Godjone(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
This part made me remember biblical account.

"I was moved to see the soldier Ori Megedish return home to her loving family after a daring operation by the IDF and Shin Bet," Herzog wrote. "Our security forces operate around the clock in Gaza, in the north, in Judea and Samaria, and everywhere, on land, in the air, and at sea."

If the moozlems want to know the real owners of that land, the bible is a very easy reference. Everything has been stated there already. More wins for ISREAL and Jerusalem the city of David, the Capitol of ISREAL and the birth place of the living Christ

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Akfrenzy(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
grin OUR NORTHERN AND YORUBA MUSLIM BROTHERS WON'T LIKE THIS NEWS 😆😂😆

8 Likes

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by olatade(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
This isn't going to get any better unfortunately.
Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Morbeta11(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
MikeMicheal:

The only thing that functions the brain of an average black African is erection and peneration.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
Glad she's alive and home.

War, a very bad experience.

Hope this war ends really soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by Kay25(m): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
That's why they are called God's own..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza by BigTableShaker(f): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
Godspeed Israel..

*soobs*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trump To Reporter: Don't Talk To Me That Way, I'm The US President / Jammeh Of Gambia Speaks With Liberia President On Phone, Pleads On His Case / Putin Grants Russian Citizenship To US Whistleblower Edward Snowden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.