Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects (39334 Views)

Care Assistant / Healthcare Job: UK Residents / Trucks Of Illegal Immigrants From Niger Republic Intercepted In Kogi. Photos / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by zed7: 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
Canada was never a country people go to. They became smart, offered PR and people started trooping in, however there are not enough jobs or housing for the teeming immigrants.

I'm happy people are exploiting the system, get your passport and leave. Anyone who can exploit any of the Western country should please do, don't settle for less. The West has not only exploited Africa but has plundered it extensively.

9 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by jaxxy(m): 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
I know a born and raised Canadian who said she prefers living in the US cos Canada has become unnecessarily expensive and difficult to stay in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Eriokanmi: 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
whether by birth or naturalization they have same rights in Canada. If you commit a treasonable act like spying or terrorism you will lose the citizenship by naturalization.

In USA you cant contest for presidency unless you were born in USA. Asides that its same rights.
In the US where I once lived and schooled, you cannot do that except you're a born-American citizen. You can possibly do that as a naturalised american citizen, if you got employed by an American company and posted outside the US or you're on an official( state's) assignment outside the US like the military or diplomat. Grab their constitution and consult an immigration lawyer for details. Google may help in a way as well. As a naturalised citizen, its expected that you're always in tune with the system and not outside the system.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by adabsmith(m): 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
Cc: mayorall
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Kenn55: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
madone:
I have not seen one Nigerian come back from Canada. People where do they run to. UK is bad no job no good housing, taxes are too much. US is bad gun violence, Russia is bad racism, North Korea is bad Kim jong Hong is there.
My brother where come good.

No where is 100% good. Every country, system, policy, anything in this life etc comes with both positive and negatives.

The problem is that a lot of people don't even know what they want out of life and a lot of people also don't know how to analyze and evaluate issues.

A place,policy,country in short anything is said to be good if the positive outweighs the negative. That means you have to list all the positive and negatives and weigh them to see which outweighs the other and match it to your aspirations and ambitions of your life not another person's aspirations.

What happens is that most of us don't know what we want or just want everything. You can't have it all,choose your battle. For example, someone doesn't want to pay tax but want 24/7 light, water, good roads, world class infrastructure, quality education,quality healthcare,security etc, that is not possible, so you either stay where you don't pay taxes and manage whatever service you get and don't complain or you pay the tax, get the services and don't complain.

In Canada, whether you are jobless, homeless,rich poor etc, as long as you are a citizen or PR, your healthcare treatment is free of charge. My wife had a medical procedure of recent that would have cost us $17k if we were to pay but we paid nothing. This is one of the reasons why our taxes are higher than say USA cos of the universal health care funded by tax payers.

If people can just define what they want and make proper analysis, all these useless threads and complains on this forum will disappear

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Raskimonojendor: 8:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
fostermd:

If the Nigerian doctors pass the required exams in Canada,they would be able to work there.I have more than 100 ( one hundred )Nigerian colleagues working in Canada who have got the exams and living very well.The least they earn is $ 350,000 per annum.They work as GP,Psychiatrists, Obstetricians,Emergency doctors ....Surgery specialty is quite protected and reserved for white Canadians...It is generally very competitive even for the whites.
The Nigerian doctors unable to work there either have not passed the exams and usually Canada typically requires at least 4 years experience in a developed country with good healthcare system.
Many of them.cannot work there as their Nigerian experience does not count.

Most of my colleagues there migrated from Ireland and UK with at least 4 years experience here.
I have job offers in Canada but choose to remain here because what I earn as a Consultant in Euros per annum is equivalent to what they earn in Canadian dollars.

Many of the doctors unable to work in Canada are not telling you the reason why they can get a job.There are loads of jobs and my email is inundated with too many job requests based on my CV working in Europe for 17 years!
Passing the exams is the least of worries. The bolded is a big hurdle. Another hurdle for most doctors coming straight from Africa is getting a residency after the exams. The match rate in Canada for IMG's is around 22 - 33 %. In the USA, the match rate is above 50%. It's crazy since Canada needs doctors. I have read of people being on waitlist for 3 years for a GP/family physician in some provinces.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Raskimonojendor: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2023
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa ooo

I saw this coming.

Over hype shitty country with harsh cold.

Those Canada promoter 2 years ago done lock up grin grin

You won't know Africa is blessed until you travel to at least 10 different countries in 3 different continents outside Africa

Till date, I keep taking God I moved my family to Sweden instead of Canada
Not much difference between Canada and Sweden grin

4 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by yewit37486: 9:05pm On Nov 01, 2023
Very dry boring country. Good luck to those there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by lexy2014: 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

If you become a PR from Nigeria, citizenship is 3 years.
HOW DO YOU BECOME A PR FROM NIGERIA?
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by UNDFTD: 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Not surprising.

They leave 4 -7 years after arriving Canada. That means they wait until they get the passport and flee to other greener pastures.

Watch the video of a Nigerian doctor struggle below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyepzvf9Kro?si=y91oS-gTROPM86j8

Nobody pays you to sit on your a$$ in Canada or in the US unlike in Nigeria where workers do NOT even show up for work in some instances.. As long as you're on that time clock, your a$$ better be productive or else you get, first a verbal warning, next a written warning and if you slack again, you get the pink slip (fired). So, if you're coming to Canada or the US with the same work ethic from the useless and failed Liegeria, you are in for a rude awakening.

6 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by flokii: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wahala in the Japa route..

Immigrants are fleeing Canada to the US when US citizens are tired of the country out of fear of incessant gun violence and rising costs of commodities.

UK is no go area as muslumis are now advancing their jihad in the free world.. soon amputee sharia victims will be the ones returning to Nigeria when they get tired of running around.

I'd rather be trapped in Nigeria than get trapped in far away lands not knowing what next might pop up.

2 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by studyless123: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2023
Kenn55:
Moving out of Canada to where? This should be the question. Immigrants are moving out of Canada but not back to the shithole or third world country they came from.

They are moving mostly to the US and the reason is obvious. You make more money in the US than Canada and the cost of living is slightly lower in the US than Canada. So once they get the Canadian passport which allows them to work in the US, they move to the US to earn better money. So Canada is losing a lot of talents to the US and unfortunately for Canada they can't compete with the US.

In my own circle of Nigerian professionals, 5 people I know have relocated to the US from Canada to get better money. I have been tempted to move to the US lately. In fact, 2 weeks ago, I turned down an offer to move at the dieing minute as my liver failed me. The reason why I don't want to live in the US is due to gun violence and their toxic politics in the age of Trump otherwise I would have joined that movement. I prefer Canada due to those reasons.

So when they say immigrants are leaving, they are leaving to the US using their Canadian citizenship. Canada bothering the US is both good and bad for them. The good thing is that because of trade with the US, they are 8th world largest economy despite being a country of 39million people but the bad thing is that Canadian citizens being able to work in the US means they will continue to lose talents to the US as the US presents a better option economically for immigrants

You're wrong. That piece which originally was from Bloomberg yesterday was talking about Newcomers.
"New research suggests more newcomers to Canada have chosen to leave in recent years" Newcomers cannot move to US. It's even difficult to get an appointment from US embassy in Canada compared to Nigeria and it has been so for many years. Maybe you didn't read the piece but the theory is that what they expected was different from what they saw.

For the professionals, that is well known that Canadian citizens move to the US for more remuneration, less taxes and better healthcare.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Fearyourcreator: 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2023
olatade:
Canada wants young qualified immigrants who would do small jobs and pay heavy taxes to pay for the sick and ageing Canadian population, and themselves remain in perpetual poverty, without owning a house or caught in a merciless mortgage payment system. Many immigrants are not choosing to sacrifice their lives for that.
Oyinbo no mumu na
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Fearyourcreator: 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
HitlerWasRight:
They were hoping on lowering wages for their citizens by importing cheap third world labour.

Instead of focusing on increasing wages and seeing to high productivity , they wanted more tax cattle and at the same time lower both wages and expectation from their new demograph.

Governments use inflation to default on their loan obligations to the citizens.

Now communists governments in the west were hoping on third world migration to lower labour cost and standard of living thus deflating the cost of labour.
Do you know that ten years ago an average medical doctor in the US earns at least a million dollars a year? Today it's hovering between $250-300k annually all courtesy to cheap third world labour.

When you realize that Communism and Capitalism go hand in hand that's when you will realize the evil intents of the now communist west.

These are the same policy makers who outsourced factories to China to exploit the slave labour there.

These are the same policy makers that supported the Jewish slave empire known as the Soviet Union.

Das Capital and Bolshevism are one and the same opposing faces of a Jewish coin.

The WEF , which is composed of leading capitalists is vigiourously pushing for a global Soviet empire .

Under Jewish western capitalism , you have the 1% Billioniare class.

Under Jewish Communism you have the 0.001% Trillioniare class.

Communism is extreme capitalism.

Every capitalist seeks to suck the life out of every of its workers. While communists want to drain your soul.

They are both the same only on different levels of greed.

Now migrants to Canada see no point living in a society that they are expected to slave and work in a rat race .

I will rather remain poor and free than be a slave to Jewish capitalists.

All this Japa thing na future trap...oyinbo no mumu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by CoronaVirusPro: 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
Canada exploited people without them knowing!

That country shares same population bracket with Lagos state, so what do people expect?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by studyless123: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
If the country no favour you wait for the 3 years. Become a Canadian citizen. Use the passport to move to USA, Singapore, Dubai etc. A colleague from 9ja just moved to the USA with same company. Got a big salary increase. The Canadian passport is still a good deal 😁

Once you can stay for 3 years, you can as well remain there for years. The longer you stay in a place, the more settled you become. It's not easy just moving from Canada to the US, Singapore or Dubai except it's the same company.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by CoronaVirusPro: 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
If the country no favour you wait for the 3 years. Become a Canadian citizen. Use the passport to move to USA, Singapore, Dubai etc. A colleague from 9ja just moved to the USA with same company. Got a big salary increase. The Canadian passport is still a good deal 😁

Just look at how you typed it like its so easy.

How many company`s in the USA are ready to file H1B, when they have local resources to tap into. What if the eventuality that you fired, you have limited time to get another company to file, or leave the country.

Go to LinkedIn, Monster or Indeed, and count how many company`s ready to file.

2 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
studyless123:

Once you can stay for 3 years, you can as well remain there for years. The longer you stay in a place, the more settled you become. It's not easy just moving from Canada to the US, Singapore or Dubai except it's the same company.
says who If your occupation is in demand there you will easily get a job. Some will offer you relocation expenses. I have friends and colleagues that have moved to the USA. Mostly tech, nurses and accountants
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Just look at how you typed it like its so easy.

How many company`s in the USA are ready to file H1B, when they have local resources to tap into. What if the eventuality that you fired, you have limited time to get another company to file, or leave the country.

Go to LinkedIn, Monster or Indeed, and count how many company`s ready to file.

the people moving sha no get two head πŸ˜†. So all occupations have local talents?
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by CoronaVirusPro: 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
the people moving sha no get two head πŸ˜†

You have to device another means. Job route will delay you.

You cannot seek Asylum, its easy for US to verify.

The best bet to secure residency is marriage in such situation.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

You have to device another means. Job route will delay you.

You cannot seek Asylum, its easy for US to verify.

The best bet to secure residency is marriage in such situation.
i am talking about those who have obtained Canadian Citizenship. No Canadian Citizen is going to USA to claim asylum . Also under the Nafta agreement a Canadian with job offer in USA can apply for work permit at the border

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/employment/visas-canadian-mexican-nafta-professional-workers.html

4 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by sheeda995(f): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
fostermd:

If the Nigerian doctors pass the required exams in Canada,they would be able to work there.I have more than 100 ( one hundred )Nigerian colleagues working in Canada who have got the exams and living very well.The least they earn is $ 350,000 per annum.They work as GP,Psychiatrists, Obstetricians,Emergency doctors ....Surgery specialty is quite protected and reserved for white Canadians...It is generally very competitive even for the whites.
The Nigerian doctors unable to work there either have not passed the exams and usually Canada typically requires at least 4 years experience in a developed country with good healthcare system.
Many of them.cannot work there as their Nigerian experience does not count.

Most of my colleagues there migrated from Ireland and UK with at least 4 years experience here.
I have job offers in Canada but choose to remain here because what I earn as a Consultant in Euros per annum is equivalent to what they earn in Canadian dollars.

Many of the doctors unable to work in Canada are not telling you the reason why they can get a job.There are loads of jobs and my email is inundated with too many job requests based on my CV working in Europe for 17 years!
You have worked in Europe for 17years?Happy Slave
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by viodemus: 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
if you are not very skilled, America or all these places are not for you.

it is brutal hardwork, especially if you don't have any support. All that gov go support you when you get there, this and that, na wash. Remove, electricity, water, and the mostly ingrained ideology to respect the law; these places na wash.

its hard work, not assured work, it's hard work, sleepless nights, dealing with inconsiderate people from Nigeria that thinks you are only enjoying; dealing with racism, dealing with a new culture, one small crime eg traffic issue - can mess you up; etc.

japa is a good experience but not easy at all. Those countries citizens don't want you there.

If you notice, people that come back from japa especially America, no dey like talk too much. Some criminals among them -might not send, but for the hard workers even business owners, them no dey like talk too much. Dem humble. Wetin eyes dun see, wetin body dun feel, mouth no fit talk. Who no go, no go too know.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by CoronaVirusPro: 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
i am talking about those who have obtained Canadian Citizenship. No Canadian Citizen is going to USA to claim asylum

Canadian citizenship cannot secure you a job in the USA. You still will require employment authorization.

You only have 180 days validity to be in the USA, and cannot work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by sheeda995(f): 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
Kenn55:

No where is 100% good. Every country, system, policy, anything in this life etc comes with both positive and negatives.

The problem is that a lot of people don't even know what they want out of life and a lot of people also don't know how to analyze and evaluate issues.

A place,policy,country in short anything is said to be good if the positive outweighs the negative. That means you have to list all the positive and negatives and weigh them to see which outweighs the other and match it to your aspirations and ambitions of your life not another person's aspirations.

What happens is that most of us don't know what we want or just want everything. You can't have it all,choose your battle. For example, someone doesn't want to pay tax but want 24/7 light, water, good roads, world class infrastructure, quality education,quality healthcare,security etc, that is not possible, so you either stay where you don't pay taxes and manage whatever service you get and don't complain or you pay the tax, get the services and don't complain.

In Canada, whether you are jobless, homeless,rich poor etc, as long as you are a citizen or PR, your healthcare treatment is free of charge. My wife had a medical procedure of recent that would have cost us $17k if we were to pay but we paid nothing. This is one of the reasons why our taxes are higher than say USA cos of the universal health care funded by tax payers.

If people can just define what they want and make proper analysis, all these useless threads and complains on this forum will disappear
I thought I was the only Canadian that appreciate the tax system but Nigerian thieves want free light water and not pay tax. If they don't like the tax system they can go back to their country. I wish I could say this to some people when I meet them
Many of them are angry because unlike in Nigeria, they can't keep buying properties without accounting for insurance and taxes.

3 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Canadian citizenship cannot secure you a job in the USA. You still will require employment authorization.

You only have 180 days validity to be in the USA, and cannot work.
with a job offer you can apply for work permit at the border
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/employment/visas-canadian-mexican-nafta-professional-workers.html
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
sheeda995:

a doctor earning over 200k euros a year is a slave? If they check your bank account now na 25k naira go dey there

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by CoronaVirusPro: 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
with a job offer you can apply for work permit at the border

Where are you going to get the job offer in the USA? Its very rare and not easy.

US companies don't like the process of filing for job applicants.

You think if it was that easy, all the illegal immigrant in the USA wouldn't have secured a job.

5 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Basic123: 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2023
Oritna94:

Same thing with my friend. We are doctors. I came to Saudi, he went to Canada via master's route. He can't practice in Canada. He can only do care giver job. He is already on his pathway to come to the U.K to practice. Writing exams to register with the GMC in the U.K. So it just doesn't make sense not to work as a doctor in Canada. UK route is one of the easiest for doctors to practice.
Please gist me about working as medical doctor in Saudi. I am a doctor too.
Why did you choose Saudi and how?
Thanks chief
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by fostermd(m): 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2023
sheeda995:

What makes me a slave if I an practicing as a Consultant physician,happy in a best medical facilities you can imagine,have a happy family and raising them in a conducive environment.

You want me to return to Nigeria?
I realised long ago that Nigeria was no good hence I left.I worked in both government and private hospitals before leaving.There were no equipment, nothing to work with,patients could not pay for healthcare and you are helpless as a doctor.

I am living my best life and secured my children's future.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by johnson4nosa(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
Please what about someone that went to Canada with visiting visa and seek for asylum what's his fate
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Where are you going to get the job offer in the USA? Its very rare and not easy.

US companies don't like the process of filing for job applicants.

You think if it was that easy, all the illegal immigrant in the USA wouldn't have secured a job.

last response to you. How can you compare citizens of a country covered under the Nafta agreement and illegal immigration Same you still mentioned asylum like which Canadian go applies for asylum 🀣🀣🀣Dude

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos To Abuja Flight Cost - Arik Air / Dead Body Found In Ibadan At The Same Spot 24 Hours After An Accident (Graphic) / Katsina Flood: Corpse Of Missing Bride Recovered In Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.