Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects (39356 Views)

Care Assistant / Healthcare Job: UK Residents / Trucks Of Illegal Immigrants From Niger Republic Intercepted In Kogi. Photos / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ableguy(m): 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
They should come to Naija
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
Canada wey Nigerians still dey hustle go ...

Nawa!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by APOPTOSIS: 7:48pm On Nov 01, 2023
There's no place like the United States.
That I can always vouch for...
Irrespective of what it's going through concerning Gun violence, it still remains evergreen for professionals and job seekers and athletes with its huge market base as well as Home to the smartest minds on the planet.
No retire age. U can contribute your quota even at 90.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by motionarena: 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2023
No discourage us.
We are coming

4 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Gbadebo19(m): 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2023
Who dey pay all these people to write all these rubbish. Canada no good, UK is bad. But all of them are not coming back to Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Ofodirinwa: 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
Canada is great, whoever wrote this is just talking

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Procashtips(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
Less than 15% of the total land in Canada is where 90% of the population are concentrated.

Can't their government build houses in some part of the 85%?

I know some parts are too harsh weather like, but they should be able to carve out another 15% for habitation.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by folake4u(f): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
If the country no favour you wait for the 3 years. Become a Canadian citizen. Use the passport to move to USA, Singapore, Dubai etc. A colleague from 9ja just moved to the USA with same company. Got a big salary increase. The Canadian passport is still a good deal 😁

Simple!!

Relocating to Canada is still a means to an end (Citizenship/ moving to USA).

8 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by HitlerWasRight: 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2023
olatade:
Canada wants young qualified immigrants who would do small jobs and pay heavy taxes to pay for the sick and ageing Canadian population, and themselves remain in perpetual poverty, without owning a house or caught in a merciless mortgage payment system. Many immigrants are not choosing to sacrifice their lives for that.

It's a Ponzi scheme.

They can't pay the pension and need more slaving cattle.

Do you know that the Canadian government is now offering free suicide kit as part of their medical services to those they deem to expensive to keep on their healthcare system and pension fund?

Trudeau is a Marrano Jew and his real father is the Marrano communist Jew , Fidel Castro.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Validated: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2023
dealhunter:
You cannot become a Canada citizen in 3 yrs,you can get permanent resident after staying for 2yrs,full citizen with Canada passport after staying for 5yrs,not 3yrs.....
Oga, with PR, it is 1095 days stay in Canada in a 5 years span. You can do the 1095 days straight and apply for citizenship or stagger it. So long you meet 1095 days in 5 years, you are good. That is 3 years of presence. So even if you land today and stay 2 days, then go back and return in 6 months your 2 days stands and it be counted and verified by your travel documents.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Oritna94(m): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
My friend, a doctor in Naija got his Canadian passport...and is not enroute to UK. Already got a job...but while in Canada, he could not even practice as a Medical doctor...like what the heck. You bring in these immigrants and refuse to give them jobs in their fields of interest. A doctor working as a careworker...this is just wrong, and they happen to be the best of best in Nigeria.

Same thing with my friend. We are doctors. I came to Saudi, he went to Canada via master's route. He can't practice in Canada. He can only do care giver job. He is already on his pathway to come to the U.K to practice. Writing exams to register with the GMC in the U.K. So it just doesn't make sense not to work as a doctor in Canada. UK route is one of the easiest for doctors to practice.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by etrange: 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2023
You mean housing affordability? The houses aren't poor. At least, they're better than what I saw in the UK. But that's for those that can afford them. In my opinion, the real estate cost in Canada is the worst in the world. The healthcare system is not bad. Canada has set a high healthcare standard, so when they say it's not good enough, it's still better than that of many other places like the US and Co. As for the labour market, it only favors those in tech, finance and med. Others are on thier own.

One major factor here is that people troop in from all over the world expecting a land of milk and honey. I know a lot of Nigerians that moved to this place from the UK because of what they heard. For those in the sought-after fields, it was a great move since Canada and the US generally pay better than the UK. But for others, they had to manage thiet expectations.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Validated: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Canada is great, whoever wrote this is just talking

Do not mind them. Canada is for you to explore.
If you are lazy, do not bother because you are going to be competing with those smart guys from China, Korea, India, etc.

However as a Nigerian, you can never meet worse conditions than what you were used to at home. So if you see any Nigerian complaining, know they are lazy.

Getting great job requires that you are also smart. When you land, look out for how to buy a home. Avoid renting if you can, buy because after 6 months from purchase, the value of your house would have appreciated by about 25%-20%, especiallyin Ontario and Alberta. In 2 years, your networth would be staggering in the $m.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by kakakii: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
if you spent 2 years as a student and got pr later. Your 2 years as a student counts as 1 year towards citizenship. So you stay 2 years as a pr and get citizenship.

It was you that said you can’t become a citizen in 3 years under my post. When they are talking about immigrants it’s mostly Permanent residents they are talking about not students or visitors. Students and visitors are temporary residents not immigrants

Please continue pressing his neck. . .

3 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Eriokanmi: 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
If the country no favour you wait for the 3 years. Become a Canadian citizen. Use the passport to move to USA, Singapore, Dubai etc. A colleague from 9ja just moved to the USA with same company. Got a big salary increase. The Canadian passport is still a good deal 😁
3 years bawo? Haba naw! Maybe you meant PR. That's a smart idea though. You can leave Canada after becoming a citizen to work elsewhere and be earning better but if the same company you're working for in Canada isn't hiring elsewhere outside nko? What do you do? Can you stay outside Canada more than an allowable period of time except on an official assignment? As a citizen of the US, you cannot try this else, you stand the risk of giving your citizenship except you'reauthorised to work ourside for a lengthy period of time...outside allowableperiod.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by madone: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2023
I have not seen one Nigerian come back from Canada. People where do they run to. UK is bad no job no good housing, taxes are too much. US is bad gun violence, Russia is bad racism, North Korea is bad Kim jong Hong is there.
My brother where come good.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Akano5(m): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2023
Gbadebo19:
Who dey pay all these people to write all these rubbish. Canada no good, UK is bad. But all of them are not coming back to Nigeria

come back ke, those places are much better than this country
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Obagreatdatoye(m): 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
Eriokanmi:
3 years bawo? Haba naw! Maybe you meant PR. That's a smart idea though. You can leave Canada after becoming a citizen to work elsewhere and be earning better but if the same company you're working for in Canada isn't hiring elsewhere outside nko? What do you do? Can you stay outside Canada more than an allowable period of time except on an official assignment? As a citizen of the US, you cannot try this else, you stand the risk of giving your citizenship except you'reauthorised to work ourside foe e lengthy period of time.
I don't even understand ur point

3 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by happney65: 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:

An extremely good deal. A cousin in Montreal,got his PR last month and he is elated. Still considering wetin to move to the US or not
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2023
Eriokanmi:
3 years bawo? Haba naw! Maybe you meant PR. That's a smart idea though. You can leave Canada after becoming a citizen to work elsewhere and be earning better but if the same company you're working for in Canada isn't hiring elsewhere outside nko? What do you do? Can you stay outside Canada more than an allowable period of time except on an official assignment? As a citizen of the US, you cannot try this else, you stand the risk of giving your citizenship except you'reauthorised to work ourside foe e lengthy period of time.
where do you people get your information At newspaper stands or what. A citizen of any country can relocate where ever he wants and cant lose his citizenship na except its North Korea. I came to Canada 3 years ago as a PR. And will become a citizen this month. So all the Nigerian celebrities and people that gave birth in USA have their kids living in Nigeria lost their citizenship Like can you guy stop all these falsehoods.

As a citizen of a first world country you have more job prospects abroad than someone from a 3rd world country. There are people who were born in Canada that live and work in asian countries and latin America. Dem get too head?

11 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2023
folake4u:

Simple!!

Relocating to Canada is still a means to an end (Citizenship/ moving to USA).
na only that Gun dey fear me 🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by fostermd(m): 8:27pm On Nov 01, 2023
Oritna94:

Same thing with my friend. We are doctors. I came to Saudi, he went to Canada via master's route. He can't practice in Canada. He can only do care giver job. He is already on his pathway to come to the U.K to practice. Writing exams to register with the GMC in the U.K. So it just doesn't make sense not to work as a doctor in Canada. UK route is one of the easiest for doctors to practice.

If the Nigerian doctors pass the required exams in Canada,they would be able to work there.I have more than 100 ( one hundred )Nigerian colleagues working in Canada who have got the exams and living very well.The least they earn is $ 350,000 per annum.They work as GP,Psychiatrists, Obstetricians,Emergency doctors ....Surgery specialty is quite protected and reserved for white Canadians...It is generally very competitive even for the whites.
The Nigerian doctors unable to work there either have not passed the exams and usually Canada typically requires at least 4 years experience in a developed country with good healthcare system.
Many of them.cannot work there as their Nigerian experience does not count.

Most of my colleagues there migrated from Ireland and UK with at least 4 years experience here.
I have job offers in Canada but choose to remain here because what I earn as a Consultant in Euros per annum is equivalent to what they earn in Canadian dollars.

Many of the doctors unable to work in Canada are not telling you the reason why they can get a job.There are loads of jobs and my email is inundated with too many job requests based on my CV working in Europe for 17 years!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Akano5(m): 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
madone:
I have not seen one Nigerian come back from Canada. People where do they run to. UK is bad no job no good housing, taxes are too much. US is bad gun violence, Russia is bad racism, North Korea is bad Kim jong Hong is there.
My brother where come good.

I'm not afraid of that gun violence oo -- this world is not perfect anyway.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Sheggy13(m): 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2023
Papilagreen:
Okay papi here let me turn the tide now for a bit.
So form my own side let me first of all day I live in America and not Canada. But lately, people have been flooding in from Canada and all part of the world into America.

Infact the Americans now are now scared the rate at which they pull in.
They now call these people sleepers.

Now here is my point. See most people will hear the amount they will be paying you in dollars and you will receive a new job offer and you will be happy not doing proper research.

See I got a job of $85,000 per year last month and I turned it down.
Now here are my reasons for turning it down
At first I was happy when I got the job offer but when I did my research I found this.

1, the cheapest house rent I could afford was 2,890 per month including light water and Internet. Now if I pay that I only have $56 left from my monthly salary . Now that is the cheapest house. And the worst part is that the house is 30mins drive from my place of work. The houses closeby i.e 50 to 10mins drive away from my work they don't rent it's either air B&B or you buy morguage and it's on the high side. I haven't even talked feeding, gas,phone bill etc. My present job pays me less $45,000 monthly I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and I am okay and I get to save more I live in a small town but very okay. So in summary, America the more u make the more u pay on expenses and we never talk TAXES yet lol.
It's good to be physically mentally and emotionally ready to make it in America.

Seeing the bolded here, it's either you're lying or you got your figures wrong. $85,000 a year you claimed you were offered translates to more than $7,000 per month. Let's even assume this is before tax. It can't be less than $4,000 per month after tax. So how then would you have $56 left in a month after paying monthly rent of $2,890? This makes no mathematical sense to me.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Eriokanmi: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
where do you people get your information At newspaper stands or what. A citizen of any country can relocate where ever he wants and cant lose his citizenship na except its North Korea. I came to Canada 3 years ago as a PR. And will become a citizen this month. So all the Nigerian celebrities and people that gave birth in USA have their kids living in Nigeria lost their citizenship Like can you guy stop all these falsehoods.

As a citizen of a first world country you have more job prospects abroad than someone from a 3rd world country. There are people who were born in Canada that live and work in asian countries and latin America. Dem get too head?
Are you talking of citizenship by birth or naturalisation? Citizenship get level. You can't lose your citizenship if you're born either in America or Canada. But if your citizenship is by naturalisation, there are certain things you can't do

3 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by folake4u(f): 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
na only that Gun dey fear me 🤣🤣

Lmao. Your fears are valid. 🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by AngelicBeing: 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2023
sukkot:
shocked ndi maple syrup
Dayumm, Mort, Gage and mortified tongue
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Calitoscassius(m): 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2023
Some people on here said, one can get Canadian passport in 3 years? I would like to go to Canada for 3 years and obtain a Canadian passport and add to my UK passport.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Are you talking of citizenship by birth or naturalisation? Citizenship get level. You can't lose your citizenship if you're born either in America or Canada. But if your citizenship is by naturalisation, there are certain things you can't do
whether by birth or naturalization they have same rights in Canada. If you commit a treasonable act like spying or terrorism you will lose the citizenship by naturalization.

In USA you cant contest for presidency unless you were born in USA. Asides that its same rights.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by MuMuOnBail: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2023
Na wa ooo

I saw this coming.

Over hype shitty country with harsh cold.

Those Canada promoter 2 years ago done lock up grin grin

You won't know Africa is blessed until you travel to at least 10 different countries in 3 different continents outside Africa

Till date, I keep taking God I moved my family to Sweden instead of Canada

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) / Nigerians Evacuted From South Africa Arrives Lagos Via Air Peace / My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.