Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects (39392 Views)

Care Assistant / Healthcare Job: UK Residents / Trucks Of Illegal Immigrants From Niger Republic Intercepted In Kogi. Photos / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Gerrard59(m): 5:15am On Nov 02, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Where are you going to get the job offer in the USA? Its very rare and not easy.

US companies don't like the process of filing for job applicants.

You think if it was that easy, all the illegal immigrant in the USA wouldn't have secured a job.

You're changing the goalposts in the middle of the game. First, Canadian citizens cannot be employed by American firms. Now, illegal immigrants cannot easily get jobs. Wetin concern Canadian citizens with illegal immigrants? A Canadian citizen has an easy and straightforward path to working in the US via the TN visa. The same applies to Mexicans with little variations. So, Ednut1 can decide to work in the US via the TN visa, which is way easier and has fewer restrictions than the H1B visa.

This is the Internet. Make una stop to dey lie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Gerrard59(m): 5:19am On Nov 02, 2023
Eriokanmi:
3 years bawo? Haba naw! Maybe you meant PR. That's a smart idea though. You can leave Canada after becoming a citizen to work elsewhere and be earning better but if the same company you're working for in Canada isn't hiring elsewhere outside nko? What do you do? Can you stay outside Canada more than an allowable period of time except on an official assignment? As a citizen of the US, you cannot try this else, you stand the risk of giving your citizenship except you'reauthorised to work ourside for a lengthy period of time...outside allowableperiod.

That is Green card, not citizenship. There are countless Americans, birth citizenship, naturalisation and via parents who have lived and are living outside the US for more than 30 years and some even 50 years. I have met such people and they have never been to the US in a long time, yet they remain American citizens.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by madone: 6:56am On Nov 02, 2023
Kenn55:

No where is 100% good. Every country, system, policy, anything in this life etc comes with both positive and negatives.

The problem is that a lot of people don't even know what they want out of life and a lot of people also don't know how to analyze and evaluate issues.

A place,policy,country in short anything is said to be good if the positive outweighs the negative. That means you have to list all the positive and negatives and weigh them to see which outweighs the other and match it to your aspirations and ambitions of your life not another person's aspirations.

What happens is that most of us don't know what we want or just want everything. You can't have it all,choose your battle. For example, someone doesn't want to pay tax but want 24/7 light, water, good roads, world class infrastructure, quality education,quality healthcare,security etc, that is not possible, so you either stay where you don't pay taxes and manage whatever service you get and don't complain or you pay the tax, get the services and don't complain.

In Canada, whether you are jobless, homeless,rich poor etc, as long as you are a citizen or PR, your healthcare treatment is free of charge. My wife had a medical procedure of recent that would have cost us $17k if we were to pay but we paid nothing. This is one of the reasons why our taxes are higher than say USA cos of the universal health care funded by tax payers.

If people can just define what they want and make proper analysis, all these useless threads and complains on this forum will disappear
thanks for your insight to this brother. I wish there was a way to private chat with you. I would love so clarity on some issues
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by breezeng: 7:15am On Nov 02, 2023
Exploitation of the highest order.
Africa will be free from the shackles of the slave masters one day after we abhor corruption.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by RosyIsBlessed: 7:39am On Nov 02, 2023
We blame our leaders. If only they focus on development of the country, people will have less reasons to migrate to these other countries

2 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by JohnQueen(m): 7:47am On Nov 02, 2023
This man can you read? He's talking about CANADIAN CITIZENS and you're waffling about illegal immigrants. SMH!

CoronaVirusPro:

Where are you going to get the job offer in the USA? Its very rare and not easy.

US companies don't like the process of filing for job applicants.

You think if it was that easy, all the illegal immigrant in the USA wouldn't have secured a job.

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by groovie(m): 7:52am On Nov 02, 2023
ednut1:
where do you people get your information At newspaper stands or what. A citizen of any country can relocate where ever he wants and cant lose his citizenship na except its North Korea. I came to Canada 3 years ago as a PR. And will become a citizen this month. So all the Nigerian celebrities and people that gave birth in USA have their kids living in Nigeria lost their citizenship Like can you guy stop all these falsehoods.

As a citizen of a first world country you have more job prospects abroad than someone from a 3rd world country. There are people who were born in Canada that live and work in asian countries and latin America. Dem get too head?

Hi ednut1.

You seem pretty knowledgeable about migration, you're well travelled.

If you don't mind i would like to have a chat with you so that i can make an informed decision. That's if you don't mind. I can drop you a mail or something
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by georgeakins: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2023
Hideaki:
It's only a simpleton that will choose Canada as his place of japa

Nothing is in Canada

Canada went from a country everyone was looking up to in Europe back to some nightmarish WEF post national experiment

Just premium cold , long distance, more bills and loneliness

I rather be in Russia than Canada

Canada is just a glorified Alaska

Where do you live at present?
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by JohnQueen(m): 7:57am On Nov 02, 2023
Ah! Sorry to say o but in that situation na you foolish o! Always put your hands exactly where they can see. People have died for less. Abi you nor dey watch Hollywood movies? grin

bull67:
I went on holiday from the UK to America early this year. The police stopped us on our way to my friends home,they told us to get out of the car,then my phone rang. As I put my hands in my pocket, the foolish police officer pointed his gun at me straight away. I was very much afraid. Omo I piss for body. For England as racist as the police are they never carry gun or to point a gun at you.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by regenerateman(m): 8:09am On Nov 02, 2023
Some of you that are complaining that Canada is not good bc of heavy taxation and other flimsy reasons, what do you want? If Nigeria would have been like Canada where one can get a job and pay heavy taxes, I believe most Nigerians wouldn't have left this country. You just have to be contented with what you have. Imagine one guy on student visa was complaining on the other thread that he would like to leave UK and come back to Nigeria after spending more than N35m.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Eriokanmi: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

That is Green card, not citizenship. There are countless Americans, birth citizenship, naturalisation and via parents who have lived and are living outside the US for more than 30 years and some even 50 years. I have met such people and they have never been to the US in a long time, yet they remain American citizens.
I'm not disputing those born in the USA. I'm sure of those who became citizen by naturalisation. There are conditions attached to their being citizens, unlike those born in America and if they flout thise rules, it can be revoked. I've explained this also in the subsequent post which I made. I didn't just want American citizenship. I'd have gotten one cos with my level, I'm eligible. I don't have to talk much on this. One man's meat is another man's prison. I like entering the USA with visa just as I've been doing since 2004.

As a naturalised citizen, they want you to always be connected with their system and you can't just go there, swear to an oath , secure their citizenship after the green card and now leave and work elsewhere without looking back. If you must leave, then you have to return within a stipulated period of time and if you exceed that allowable time, then you'd need to explain yourself with proofs when returning. Those born there don't have to go through such scrutiny whenever they're returning.

However, you could work as a naturalised citizen outside America, if the USA company employed you there or the government posts you out as in the case of the military and other government workers. This isn't a debatable topic. It's what I know. You may also check with any known immigration lawyer or you check Google for details.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Gerrard59(m): 8:54am On Nov 02, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I'm not disputing those born in the USA. I'm sure of those who became citizen by naturalisation. There are conditions attached to their being citizens, unlike those born in America and if they flout thise rules, it can be revoked. I've explained this also in the subsequent post which I made. I didn't just want American citizenship. I'd have gotten one cos with my level, I'm eligible.
However, you could work as a naturalised citizen outside America, if the USA company employed you there or the government posts you out as in the case of the military and other government workers. This isn't a debatable topic. It's what I know. You may also check with any known immigration lawyer or you check Google for details.

This is new information, and I will do my research.

Thank you.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Profgordons(m): 9:03am On Nov 02, 2023
ednut1:
the way some of you come here to talk rubbish ehn. I came to Canada as a pr in june 2020. I stayed outside canada for a total of 39 days. So by end of July I completely the 3 years. Applied for citizenship and will become a citizen this month.Desist from putting mouth in things you don’t know 🤣
Forgive the AI… lol
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by TheGift: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2023
ednut1:
If the country no favour you wait for the 3 years. Become a Canadian citizen. Use the passport to move to USA, Singapore, Dubai etc. A colleague from 9ja just moved to the USA with same company. Got a big salary increase. The Canadian passport is still a good deal 😁
Three years of slavery.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Eriokanmi: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

This is new information, and I will do my research.

Thank you.
OK. Have a nice day
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by CoronaVirusPro: 9:55am On Nov 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

You're changing the goalposts in the middle of the game. First, Canadian citizens cannot be employed by American firms. Now, illegal immigrants cannot easily get jobs. Wetin concern Canadian citizens with illegal immigrants? A Canadian citizen has an easy and straightforward path to working in the US via the TN visa. The same applies to Mexicans with little variations. So, Ednut1 can decide to work in the US via the TN visa, which is way easier and has fewer restrictions than the H1B visa.

This is the Internet. Make una stop to dey lie.

Easy and straight forward path? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
And they are in the top 3 countries applying for H1B visa.

You people can make a 10 mile look like 1 mile and why most people have made wrong decisions in their japa quest.

You keep talking about TN visa, Do you know what it takes for a US company to file you or seek foreign employment. Oh! Someone told you it is easy shey? Mexicans are flooding the southern boarder, and you are talking about how easy it is for a NAFTA member to get TN visa. Don’t you think they would have applied for same TN visa since you said it is “EASY”

You don’t even know the market you talking about!

Canadians are somersaulting to even get H1B and you are here talking about how easy it is to get TN visa
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by micxwell(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2023
Papilagreen:
Okay papi here let me turn the tide now for a bit.
So form my own side let me first of all day I live in America and not Canada. But lately, people have been flooding in from Canada and all part of the world into America.

Infact the Americans now are now scared the rate at which they pull in.
They now call these people sleepers.

Now here is my point. See most people will hear the amount they will be paying you in dollars and you will receive a new job offer and you will be happy not doing proper research.

See I got a job of $85,000 per year last month and I turned it down.
Now here are my reasons for turning it down.
At first I was happy when I got the job offer but when I did my research I found this.

1, the cheapest house rent I could afford was 2,890 per month including light water and Internet. Now if I pay that I only have $56 left from my monthly salary. Now that is the cheapest house. And the worst part is that the house is 30mins drive from my place of work. The houses closeby i.e 50 to 10mins drive away from my work they don't rent it's either air B&B or you buy morguage and it's on the high side. I haven't even talked feeding, gas,phone bill etc. My present job pays me less $45,000 monthly I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and I am okay and I get to save more I live in a small town but very okay. So in summary, America the more u make the more u pay on expenses and we never talk TAXES yet lol.
It's good to be physically mentally and emotionally ready to make it in America.
You mean $4,500??

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ConfidentialDoc: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2023
Hideaki:
It's only a simpleton that will choose Canada as his place of japa

Nothing is in Canada

Canada went from a country everyone was looking up to in Europe back to some nightmarish WEF post national experiment

Just premium cold , long distance, more bills and loneliness

I rather be in Russia than Canada

Canada is just a glorified Alaska

Aaaaah ! This is too much...surely it's not this bad.
But I agree with the WEF and premium cold part.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by sherylbaky(f): 11:12am On Nov 02, 2023
nkemoma:
I thought after Heaven na Canada
Lol, don't even think of it. Canada isn't trying for immigrants at allllll

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by sherylbaky(f): 11:14am On Nov 02, 2023
Exactly....Canada been scamming immigrants like nothing else
olatade:
Canada wants young qualified immigrants who would do small jobs and pay heavy taxes to pay for the sick and ageing Canadian population, and themselves remain in perpetual poverty, without owning a house or caught in a merciless mortgage payment system. Many immigrants are not choosing to sacrifice their lives for that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by sherylbaky(f): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2023
Persephone1:
Canada wey Nigerians still dey hustle go ...

Nawa!
Na those who no know wetin dey sup for there ooo. It's not worth it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by sherylbaky(f): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2023
💯 I use to tell people this....No place like US
APOPTOSIS:
There's no place like the United States.
That I can always vouch for...
Irrespective of what it's going through concerning Gun violence, it still remains evergreen for professionals and job seekers and athletes with its huge market base as well as Home to the smartest minds on the planet.
No retire age. U can contribute your quota even at 90.

2 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by sherylbaky(f): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2023
He/she should move. Canada has no good future to offer immigrants. Except the person is among the lucky few
happney65:

An extremely good deal. A cousin in Montreal,got his PR last month and he is elated. Still considering wetin to move to the US or not

2 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 11:35am On Nov 02, 2023
aestake:

She no pass IELTS? Chai
lol no. It was USA
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by BabaRamota1980: 11:40am On Nov 02, 2023
MCentral:

https://moneycentral.com.ng/markets/article/immigrants-exit-canada-on-poor-housing-healthcare-job-prospects/

1. Only few cities in Canada are mega metros
2. Canada is a huge country, bigger than US
3. Canada is frigid for more than half of the year, very cold.
4. Immigration policy is tailored to low wages.
5. Canadian citizens improve their value of living by plugging immigrants into low wage jobs that they dont want to do

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by sherylbaky(f): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2023
You should have ignored that comment. How can someone be that insensitive?

Some folks are really not human, very disgusting statement coming from an adult
fostermd:

What makes me a slave if I an practicing as a Consultant physician,happy in a best medical facilities you can imagine,have a happy family and raising them in a conducive environment.

You want me to return to Nigeria?
I realised long ago that Nigeria was no good hence I left.I worked in both government and private hospitals before leaving.There were no equipment, nothing to work with,patients could not pay for healthcare and you are helpless as a doctor.

I am living my best life and secured my children's future.

2 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Profgordons(m): 12:25pm On Nov 02, 2023
sherylbaky:
Na those who no know wetin dey sup for there ooo. It's not worth it
Finally it is each individual’s choice to make, immigrants are not treated differently from Citizens by way of opportunities and while you might be crying foul, many immigrants are breaking the limits everyday. I don’t think life in Canada is harder than one in the UK or UAE or even someone living in NY. Eventually a Canadian Citizenship is worth more than $300k people pay for permanent residency in some poor EU countries.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by CoronaVirusPro: 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
JohnQueen:
This man can you read? He's talking about CANADIAN CITIZENS and you're waffling about illegal immigrants. SMH!

Same applies to Canadian citizens. US companies generally don't like filing for foreigners!

Why do you think Canada is the 3rd highest applicant for H1B behind Indian?

Y`all making it sound like its an express for a Canadian to get work authorization in the USA.

If unemployment was that easy to get, people on B1/B2 visa will be seeking employment before they become illegals.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2023
TheGift:

Three years of slavery.
yes its slavery. But i am living my best life, gone on differently adventures and vacations ( some of which i posted here), making more money than i was making in Nigeria etc. i love the slavery

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by TheGift: 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2023
ednut1:
yes its slavery. But i am living my best life, gone on differently adventures and vacations ( some of which i posted here), making more money than i was making in Nigeria etc. i love the slavery

Ok. Enjoy.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by JohnQueen(m): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2023
Okay you can actually read, but comprehension seems to be the problem, which means your reading skills are mehhh!

CANADIAN CITIZENS(Holders of the passport)! Wetin concern B1/B2 inside?

CoronaVirusPro:

Same applies to Canadian citizens. US companies generally don't like filing for foreigners!

Why do you think Canada is the 3rd highest applicant for H1B behind Indian?

Y`all making it sound like its an express for a Canadian to get work authorization in the USA.

If unemployment was that easy to get, people on B1/B2 visa will be seeking employment before they become illegals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yet Again, Trailer Falls On Vehicle. (images) / Fatal Accident Along Sagamu-abeokuta Expressway, 2 Dead (disturbing Pics, Video) / Passengers Prefer Their Loads Inside Bus While They Sit On Top Of The Bus(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.