Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht (29890 Views)

What Is A Presidential Yacht? Thecable Takes You Into The World Of The Big Toy / Tinubu Speaks On Request For Presidential Yacht Worth N5 Billion / What Is A Presidential Yacht? Countries With Presidential Yachts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Babangidapikin: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2023
When I first saw the headline somewhere I skip it because I am like can it be true ...but since it is on Nairaland front page it has to be true ... I am very much happy about this, because most of us Nigeria don't know how to enjoy money here because we keep having wrong notion about our people... I hope Alhaji takes a clue, our next project should be about turning Epe and Ikorodu to a landing bay for Cruise Ships .. of course our silent prayer is that the Refinery and Petrochemical plant take off in their optimal form ... Anyway the Lagos Boat Club have no choice but to welcome Mr President to their elite club , even though you and I know the Yacht is $6million which is quiet a small Yacht for the caliber of Mr President . I see this as the President way of jump starting a new economy and nothing is sweater in this life like sea breeze...Eko Atlantic city might even come up quickly this I have seen ... sometimes all we need is to stimulate the economy .... I know Ordinary Nigeria like me, should be vexed but then looking at the big picture, it is not a bad idea.
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by thinkmoney(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2023
bobobenz:

SOURCE :https://businessday.ng/news/article/after-ending-petrol-subsidy-fg-budgets-n5bn-for-presidential-yacht/
What is the practicability and functionality of a #5B Yatch other than luxury? When the country is not Venice where you need boats to go around. And it’s not as if it will be locally produced oh. You will be carrying money and job opportunities abroad and you say naira is suffering?

Worse, this money is not there oh but will be borrowed.

It’s understandable if agberos and villagers support APC. But you that can read and see this things support APC? Are you having mental issues? Are you mentally challenged? Na juju?
And this same President have come out on at least two occasions to tell you masses to tighten your belt, endure the pain and sacrifice.

Wos again...konidafun gbogboyin.

Una don make me backslide don dey curse now. Me wey I be pastor😏
una be Demons oh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Watcharena: 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2023
This thing don tire me ,let me avoid every Nigerian news before I get heart attack

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Brushstrokes20: 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2023
The shyyythole is cursed with useless, good for nothing, bunch of self serving THIEVES masquerading as leaders! undecided...
But one thing is certain!... The needful will be done when the people are ready!
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Svoboda(m): 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2023
Usmanovic95:

Enjoy what exactly?what work and sacrifice is he putting in place to warrant this kind of high grade enjoyment.With people like you constantly making excuses for these leaders, Nigeria will never have leaders who will see public position as a service to humanity.

Tell me where in this world where selfless leaders dont enjoy luxury?
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by marlow1962(m): 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2023
bobobenz:
NIGERIANS WHAT DO YOU THINK?

SHOULD THE PRESIDENCY BE SPENDING THAT SORT OF MONEY ON A YATCH

Yes and we fully support him.
Let him just role out another policy to punish the citizens and watch as they will cheer him up.

Nigerians are cowards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Svoboda(m): 3:35pm On Nov 01, 2023
Mrtaye:

While we suffer

Even if they didnt spend it, it wont have made any difference. Your governor is even worse.
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Svoboda(m): 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2023
nedu666:

Ironsi ko, iron beans ni

Ironsi used to booze on that yacht. He was on it when the 1966 jan coup occured.
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Programmer47: 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
thinkmoney:

What is the practicability and functionality of a #5B Yatch other than luxury? When the country is not Venice where you need boats to go around. And it’s not as if it will be locally produced oh. You will be carrying money and job opportunities abroad and you say naira is suffering?

It’s understandable if agberos and villagers support APC. But you that can read and see this things support APC? Are you having mental issues? Are you mentally challenged? Na juju?
And this same President have come out on at least two occasions to tell you masses to tighten your belt, endure the pain and sacrifice.

una be Demons oh

Baba, they are called bots for a reason.
Defend , lie , spread propaganda.
No morality, no ethics, anything goes.

That's why I laugh when I see them trying to form rational on other threads.
They are literally paid to defend this evil government and they don't care about nothing else.
The country can burn for all they care and they will still pride themselves as having access to the government.

Fear power and money. That's what their story tells.
A man will literally sell his soul if the price is right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by amadiama(m): 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wasteful government!!!... Guess that's how he built Lagos.. 😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Usmanovic95(m): 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
Svoboda:

Tell me where in this world where selfless leaders dont enjoy luxury?

The fact Nigeria has some set of lackadaisical leaders who spend with reckless abandon in the face of economic hardship doesn't mean you should come up with this false generalization.
https://www.nairaland.com/7809824/gambian-president-suspends-foreign-trips
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by dominic17: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2023
Point of correction nobody voted him rather he stole the people mandate and ran away with it
CSTRR:
Nigeria had the choice of voting for Peter obi, but they went for a profligate waster and a crook.

You have sold the future of your children on the altar of bigotry and madness.
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by wonlasewonimi: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2023
One day one day Nigerians will have sense
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by ViceGovernor: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ex president Buhari had 10 jets in his presidential fleet.

Na just 1 Yatch President Tinubu wan buy una dey complain
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by caye(m): 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2023
Svoboda:

Nigeria has always had presidential yatchs right from independence. Gen Ironsi enjoyed his a lot during his time while sailing around the marina. Its nothing new. Let Asiwaju enjoy.

Ok.
-Can you name the former Nigerian Head of state's and Presidents , who used Presidential Yatchs?

- Equally, pls itemise the debt to revenue ratio of these periods, Vis a Vis the present president

- can you explain the sole importance of a presidential yatch to this president ; what would be the functions of the yatch?

- lastly, name countries and their presidents ( at least 3) who use presidential Yatchs ( abi na Yatches?)

----------------------------------------------------

I know you would make fun of me, but I realise that instead of insulting ppl here, let's make the discussions a bit intellectual.
Name calling and insults can be left for the low IQs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Svoboda(m): 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2023
Usmanovic95:

The fact Nigeria has some set of lackadaisical leaders who spend with reckless abandon in the face of economic hardship doesn't mean you should come up with this false generalization.
https://www.nairaland.com/7809824/gambian-president-suspends-foreign-trips

Luxury isnt about foreign trips. I thought he was also going to ban cocktails and banquets. Lets all stop pontificating. If you were there, you'd behave likewise.
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Prisco4luv(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2023
Am crying 😭 honestly.
I didn't vote him sha.
I cry for nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Bicycleseat: 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2023
bemeruca:
Does the United States or the UK have a presidential yacht?
Does the United States or the UK come to borrow money from Nigeria?
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Bizibi(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2023
Babangidapikin:
When I first saw the headline somewhere I skip it because I am like can it be true ...but since it is on Nairaland front page it has to be true ... I am very much happy about this, because most of us Nigeria don't know how to enjoy money here because we keep having wrong notion about our people... I hope Alhaji takes a clue, our next project should be about turning Epe and Ikorodu to a landing bay for Cruise Ships .. of course our silent prayer is that the Refinery and Petrochemical plant take off in their optimal form ... Anyway the Lagos Boat Club have no choice but to welcome Mr President to their elite club , even though you and I know the Yacht is $6million which is quiet a small Yacht for the caliber of Mr President . I see this as the President way of jump starting a new economy and nothing is sweater in this life like sea breeze...Eko Atlantic city might even come up quickly this I have seen ... sometimes all we need is to stimulate the economy .... I know Ordinary Nigeria like me, should be vexed but then looking at the big picture, it is not a bad idea.
there's no big picture here, choking us with taxes, telling us to tighten our seat belts and it annoys me seeing this yacht news. There is no big picture in this period!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by teewhyhomes: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
Happy new month everyone. Teewhyhomes provides solutions to Real Estate problems in Nigeria. You can reach out to us today via our website.
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Confirm4real(m): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
That's one of the reasons they collect loans upon loans shocked
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Chronosvineberg(m): 4:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
Can 5 billion naira buy yatch?
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Svoboda(m): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2023
caye:

Ok.
-Can you name the former Nigerian Head of state's and Presidents , who used Presidential Yatchs?

- Equally, pls itemise the debt to revenue ratio of these periods, Vis a Vis the present president

- can you explain the sole importance of a presidential yatch to this president ; what would be the functions of the yatch?

- lastly, name countries and their presidents ( at least 3) who use presidential Yatchs ( abi na Yatches?)

----------------------------------------------------

I know you would make fun of me, but I realise that instead of insulting ppl here, let's make the discussions a bit intellectual.
Name calling and insults can be left for the low IQs.

I dont make fun of ppl but what youre asking for is a bit of what you can help yourself with. I try not to always sound politically correct when i know the shoe can be on the other foot.
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by bobobenz: 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2023
thinkmoney:

una be Demons oh

I Can never support a Tinubu Presidency my Bro

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by bobobenz: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

It can't be true..

It is true..Sadly
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by NothingDoMe: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2023
IVORY2009:
Baba Tinubu needs to enjoy himself, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, he needs a side chick that would enjoy the yacht with him after the days job. grin
😄😄😄😄
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by bobobenz: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2023
Chokehold:
We told them, they called us names. If any of you try to japa, you perish like Gazans. Dear amiable president tilumbu, please add 2 more yatch, one for Seyi and the other one for Remi. Non-entities.
My Brother we really told them o

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Juju70(m): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hehehe
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by bobobenz: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
thinkmoney:

Student loan #5B
Yacht #5B

Answer the question yourself now
I no Sabi the answer, na why I throw the question open to Nigerians
Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by tnerro1(m): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
YourMajesty:
See foolish comment...

E nor concern you now and you are trying to look away because you support this criminal

As e dey pain you, e dey sweet us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by Ladech(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
These are career politicians.
During the last election, most of them were either with Tinubu or Atiku, they weren't with the man you call liar.
If we have sense in this country, we should have run away from wherever these hawks gather. If they face East, we should face west but we don't have sense naa.

You see these hawks gather round him singing 'On your mandate we shall stand' you also joined them with your empty stomach.
Now that they are in power, you think they care about the masses?

bobobenz:

SOURCE :https://businessday.ng/news/article/after-ending-petrol-subsidy-fg-budgets-n5bn-for-presidential-yacht/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht by correctguy101(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ah..

And here we thought Baba Tinubu has too much and would spare the country's osusu... undecided

How naive we were..

Been long this daddy heard from nairalander1, it's like the man has finally japa... Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Supreme Court Imposes N40m Fine On Mike Ozekhome Over Frivolous Suit / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? / #bringbackourgirls Crew Meet President Buhari Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.