Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,745 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues (2909 Views)

Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:47am On Dec 07, 2023
Don't let that vehicle ruin your finances. Talk to us
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by ecosystm(m): 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2023
@Autoconsult..

Pls what's solution to this stubborn error code..

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by 123yes(m): 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2023
I have a VW Tiquan 2009 model. It is licking oil form the timing chain side. Three mechanics have work on it still same problem. As a rest it always short oil I went and top the oil with one litre of Total oil instead of mobile I was using. Immeditely I start the engine white smoke started coming out. I just drove the car to my house and left it there for over seven months now. I just started it yesterday and white smoke is still coming out and it seems the nuzzles has stop working because the engine started sounding as if the plugs were socking oil. What should I do please
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 10:11am On Dec 08, 2023
ecosystm:
@Autoconsult..

Pls what's solution to this stubborn error code..

That's the oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter. Please can you tell me the vehicle we are talking about here?

And how's the vehicle behaving?

Thanks.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 10:27am On Dec 08, 2023
123yes:
I have a VW Tiquan 2009 model. It is licking oil form the timing chain side. Three mechanics have work on it still same problem. As a rest it always short oil I went and top the oil with one litre of Total oil instead of mobile I was using. Immeditely I start the engine white smoke started coming out. I just drove the car to my house and left it there for over seven months now. I just started it yesterday and white smoke is still coming out and it seems the nuzzles has stop working because the engine started sounding as if the plugs were socking oil. What should I do please
Sorry for the late reply. I was hardly online yesterday.

Oil leak on this type of vehicle is very common. Some part of the engine sometimes are covered with plastic materials. Once it starts to leak oil, it's a always a battle to stop it. Lots of Audis do the same thing. They have reliability issues.

To be honest, I can not promise you a solution for those leaks. I've personally experienced it before so I know how impossible they can be to manage. Maybe the local guys can find a solution to it, or you might have to continue managing it.

Now if you are still interested in using the vehicle despite the oil leaks, drain the oil and replace it with your old oil. Your valves are most likely leaking oil on the piston, thus the white smoke. It might take a while to reverse that damage but it's reversible.

Then get a mechanic to help you replace your spark plugs. I doubt your fuel injectors are faulty. Do a normal routine service on it, and give it time to adjust.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by ecosystm(m): 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2023
AutoConsult:

That's the oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter. Please can you tell me the vehicle we are talking about here?

And how's the vehicle behaving?

Thanks.

It's corolla 09 model,

It consumes too much fuel..slow in performance,
jerks a little occasionally especially when am in traffic.

I clear and scan and am seeing another error code...p0014

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by Angrigowt: 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2023
Bad timing..nos 2 ..02 sensor is bad...need to change it entirely . Like 10k for toks.make sure its not cut and join 02 sensor o.direct toks. As for the timing. U need go back mechanic.a whole 09 corrolla. Oun she kini
Hahahahaha
Oun jay poe
ecosystm:

It's corolla 09 model,

It consumes too much fuel..slow in performance,
jerks a little occasionally especially when am in traffic.

I clear and scan and am seeing another error code...p0014

1 Like

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2023
Angrigowt:
Bad timing..nos 2 ..02 sensor is bad...need to change it entirely . Like 10k for toks.make sure its not cut and join 02 sensor o.direct toks. As for the timing. U need go back mechanic.a whole 09 corrolla. Oun she kini
Hahahahaha
Oun jay poe
A good submission with a pinch of vawulence😄😄
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2023
Angrigowt:
Hahahahaha
Oun jay poe
Listen to that man👆 Did justice to it👌
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2023
Did you know we also inspect vehicles for prospective buyers? Check out this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/7864787/let-me-inspect-car-before
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by ecosystm(m): 10:17am On Dec 12, 2023
Angrigowt:
Hahahahaha
Oun jay poe

Thank you chief...

1 Like

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:42am On Dec 14, 2023
Car users, don't forget your car cannot be smarter than technicians. It can be fixed. Speak to us.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 11:49am On Dec 30, 2023
Hello everyone! I've been away for a bit. How's the festivities been? Trust y'all are having all the fun!? We are still open for business.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2023
It's the end of the year my people. It's been a great year altogether. We can only be grateful for God's unending mercy and love. See you next year♥️♥️

_AutoConsult_
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 12:14pm On Jan 01
Happy New Year to my lovely customers and potential customers. Wishing you joy, success, and prosperity in the coming year. Cheers to new beginnings and wonderful adventures ahead! You'll buy multiple cars this year and I'll be there to celebrate you♥️♥️

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:28am On Jan 08
It's gotta be a great week. Tell us your car fault.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:59am On Jan 09
Still in business.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:26pm On Jan 09
Have a great night y'all
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:26am On Jan 10
Open for business.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 1:01pm On Jan 14
Happy Sunday Nairalanders❤️❤️❤️
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 10:15am On Jan 15
Have a great week everyone. One love❤️❤️😊
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:40am On Jan 18
You got any burning questions you wanna ask? I'm available now.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 9:38am On Jan 19
Morning from this end. What's your car problem?
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 7:18am On Jan 21
Happy Sunday to all Nairalander, except Ghanaians😀😜
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by Karenchynee: 2:19pm On Jan 21
Good afternoon,please if i change gear to reverse and drive i notice very scary gbu!!noise and the vehicle then jecky. What could be the cause and solution to it. Secondly power steering oil bubbling and simultaneously dripping from the cup. Please kindly assist
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 6:38pm On Jan 21
Karenchynee:
Good afternoon,please if i change gear to reverse and drive i notice very scary gbu!!noise and the vehicle then jecky. What could be the cause and solution to it. Secondly power steering oil bubbling and simultaneously dripping from the cup. Please kindly assist
Thanks for reaching out directly.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 9:23am On Jan 23
Tell me your car problems. I'm available to discuss them.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 9:09am On Jan 24
Available to listen to your car troubles.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:49am On Jan 29
It's the beginning of a new week. Gears up ladies and gentlemen. Let's go make this week better than the previous one. Remember to be consistent in whatever you do.

Consistency brings luck and success. Don't fold. Keep grinding. No one's gon help you do what only you can do.

And if you find a car you need certified by a qualified technician, check in here and I'm gon thoroughly inspect it for you.

Enjoy your week Nairalanders❤️❤️❤️

AutoConsult cares🥂
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by gpsmiles: 9:51am On Jan 29
Okay !!

My Vehicle is 2002 Toyota avalon.

My speedometer has stop working. Sometimes I get P500 code. It goes off and on. Speed sensor on gear box replaced. P500 gone but Speedometer and odometer not working.

Also there is also ABS alarm.

The codes presently on the Vehicle are;

P1135
P1155
p1765

Am concerned about the Speedometer because sometimes it affect the gear shifting.

Gear oil still in good condition. TIV
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 1:51pm On Jan 29
Coughs
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 1:52pm On Jan 29
gpsmiles:
Okay !!

My Vehicle is 2002 Toyota avalon.

My speedometer has stop working. Sometimes I get P500 code. It goes off and on. Speed sensor on gear box replaced. P500 gone but Speedometer and odometer not working.

Also there is also ABS alarm.

The codes presently on the Vehicle are;

P1135
P1155
p1765

Am concerned about the Speedometer because sometimes it affect the gear shifting.

Gear oil still in good condition. TIV
First of, it's a good thing you changed the speed sensor. And since the code no longer appears, I believe it's fixed.

Now that you say the speedometer still doesn't work, I think you'll need to check the wire of the socket to see if there are any cuts.

If you can't find cuts there, you might have to remove the meter board from the dashboard. The plastic gears turning the speed meter might have broken. The same goes for the odometer.

From what you've said, I don't believe the speedometer not working is the reason you are having issues with your transmission.

You might need to check some of the oil pressure solenoids in your transmission's valve body. A transmission expert can explain that better to you. One or two shift solenoids probably need to be replaced. You can give a detailed reply and explain how the transmission behaves by the way.

The codes p1135 and p1155 have something to do with your oxygen sensors. You can choose to have them cleaned or replaced. You can also check for peeled wires.

Abs warning on a vehicle of that year might also be expensive to correct. It might require serious overhauling. I'll advise you let it be if it doesn't affect your driving.

That's all for now. Kindly tell me how the transmission behaves for better understanding.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. / Rattling Sound On Acceleration / Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.