Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise (42078 Views)

Woman Shot Dead Inside US National Assembly (Video) / North Korean Official Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Shot Dead / Equatorial Guinea Where Father And Son Are President And Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Offpointng: 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2023
SweetDipBenny:
If i enter US i no go ever follow person argue. Crazy mofvckers..

You'd be giving everyone a reason to take advantage of you if they notice you're peace loving. people will spite you and step on ur toes taya
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Spreadlove8888(m): 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2023
Nawaooo

E be like say they population of NYC don dey ment one by one.

Their government is their problem

This is the result of free world

Everyone can carry gun upandan😡😡
Killing each other as pleased.
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by NOwazobia: 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2023
It seems the guy was once a criminal who has served jail for robbery before now.
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by CJStarz: 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2023
Black killed a fellow black man? God curse him eternally.
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by planetx: 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2023
maasoap:

That's it, avoid confrontation with people.

I think he was possibly busy with that scissors in the room.

I don't believe he actually threatened him in that video clip. Besides, he was already walking away, he shot him in the back.

He murdered two people. The boy might even be underage. He actually pursued him. How is he going to justify that too?
I saw the uncensored video and the father first came out without his shirt on walked halfway without the scissors, then went back inside to put on his shirt this time he came back out with the scissors.
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Calitoscassius(m): 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Will you shut the fk...
Go Tell your father to shut da fork up! Kid! grin
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by maasoap(m): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
davillian:
How dare you turn your back on someone pointing a gun at you...
I think he did that to deescalate. We would have blamed him if he had continued arguing with him. He did the best thing, walked away

2 Likes

Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Procashtips(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
Oh it's the world biggest terrorist country where everyone including their president loves guns and blood.

They kill for fun including school children.

1 Like

Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Calitoscassius(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
Offpointng:

How long was ur time after that act?
No time, it was self defence. I was not even arrested. In South Africa people are allowed to carry guns as long as the gun is legal. Now why do you think people are allowed to carry guns? For fun? lipsrsealed
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by maasoap(m): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
planetx:
I saw the uncensored video and the father first came out without his shirt on walked halfway without the scissors, then went back inside to put on his shirt this time he came back out with the scissors.
Okay. May be justified.
What about the boy? Why pursuing him? Even that of father later turned to execution. You can't justify executing someone as self defence

1 Like

Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Sleekfingers: 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
NOwazobia:
It would have been tripled if gun was legalize.

Any small disagreement, guns will be drawn.

Yeah
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Calitoscassius(m): 7:48pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hassanmaye:

DSS will see this I promise you. Count on me !
You and DSS can lick my ass! cheesy
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Calitoscassius(m): 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
Cutehector:
I just dey imagine myself for america.. Na so so yes sir, yes ma'am i go dey answer evverybody even if na small pikin..

U punch me, yes sir. U kick me, God bless you.
grin grin well.. as someone else have already said, America is not for you, even if you answer yes ma ,am and yes sir to everyone they d pick on you for being weak, bullies will have fun bullying you.
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by davillian(m): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
maasoap:

I think he did that to deescalate. We would have blamed him if he had continued arguing with him. He did the best thing, walked away
He came with a scissors but he dint use it ....
It's a 50/50 chance for him to either fight or die.......
Shot people has anger issue and they are never to be underestimated......
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Blackdisciple(m): 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
Good....

Minus 2 on the global depopulation list .......

we meeuve

Useless on top of the two gone 20 are born today get sense Pls...
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Calitoscassius(m): 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2023
Offpointng:

You'll pass out on time. Or you think it's only in Nigeria they take advantage of Timid, weak people??

America isn't a place to be
grin grin bullies will have fun with him for being timid and weak
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Blackdisciple(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2023
Omoh simple thing that if it's radio noise "ok bro lemme take it down"

The shooter is just an animal, now he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

If he is released when he is 100years that's if he is still alive then no life to live...
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by RichAbujaGuy: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2023
Alal:
The video please

The local news cut the vid off when the shooting started.

Downstairs neighbor ID'd after father, son killed amid apparent noise dispute in Brooklyn

https://abc7ny.com/fatal-shooting-father-and-son-killed-jason-pass-neighbor/13995094/
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by soccerlite: 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
This time around it's 2 blacks

Pathetic

All this and many other incidences are enough to ban guns in the US

But the devil no gree
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by BreakingNews21: 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2023
Godfullsam:
Black people undecided

If devil should show up as human, he is most likely going to be a black.

Most of the mass murdering and all
World Wars are not done by Black ppl. France and England even had a Hundred Years War.

Current news

Maine mass shooter Robert Card is FOUND DEAD in the woods with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12682155/Maine-mass-shooter-dead-woods-two-gunshot-wounds-head-sources-say.html

All 18 Maine mass shooting victims have been identified
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/galleries/article-12681321/All-18-Maine-mass-shooting-victims-identified.html
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by soccerlite: 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2023
Procashtips:
Oh it's the world biggest terrorist country where everyone including their president loves guns and blood.

They kill for fun including school children.

Islamic terrorist or what
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by planetx: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
maasoap:

Okay. May be justified.
What about the boy? Why pursuing him? Even that of father later turned to execution. You can't justify executing someone as self defence
From the video it looks like he thought the son was attacking him, but the boy was running out of fear and panic in his direction
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by AK481(m): 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
The useless woman distracted the man

Woman and confusion
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Larrykaysail(m): 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2023
AImiron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUjUYaCxrds?si=DWeFIPBxC1p_ye3Q

NYPOST
it's self defense, the guy in white brought out weapon 1st, no case
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by PHAYOL81: 9:06pm On Nov 01, 2023
USA and murder

Overall crime driven down across New York City in June
as shootings, murders, robberies, burglaries, and hate
crimes continue to fall
For the month of June 2023,
New York City saw a 16.8%
drop in shooting incidents compared to June 2022 (104 v.
125). The decrease in shootings extends the 24.7% decrease
in shooting incidents citywide through the first half of
calendar 2023 compared to the same period a year ago (482
v. 636) – meaning 196 fewer people have been shot this
year compared to last year. Additionally, homicides fell by
3.1% (31 v. 32) for the month of June 2023.
The shooting declines reflect the combined sum of the
NYPD’s gun-violence reduction strategies and help in
allowing every community in New York City to prosper. The
NYPD is focusing tirelessly on combating gun violence and
leveraging partnerships to assist in that important work. In
June 2023, the department continued to make historic
numbers of gun arrests – 345 arrests resulting in 300
firearms seized for the month. Overall, NYPD officers have
seized 3,424 guns from the streets of New York City and
made 2,162 gun arrests through the first six months of 2023.
Overall index crime was driven down by 3.9% in June 2023
(10,793 v. 11,235) compared to the same period a year ago.
New York City saw a drop in five of the seven index crime
categories in June 2023, including a 3.1% reduction in
homicide, a 24.1% drop in rape (107 v. 141), a 9.2% decline
in robbery (1,419 v. 1,563), and a 24.8% decline in burglary
(986 v. 1,311). Hate crimes citywide declined by 18% (47 v.
57) compared to last year. At the same time, grand larceny
auto increased by 22.8% (1,391 v. 1,133), driven by the
theft of motorcycles and the well-documented exploitation of
vulnerabilities in the ignition system of certain Kia and
Hyundai models.
In the city’s subway system, robberies decreased by 18.4%
(40 v. 49) in June, though major crime in transit increased
18.2% (195 v. 165) for the month, driven by non-
confrontational property thefts of opportunity. Notable is that
New York City has seen a 4.4% decrease (1,093 v. 1,143) in
major crime in transit through the first six months of 2023,
reflecting the ongoing work to improve the subway system’s
overall public-safety landscape. Additionally, NYPD officers
in the transit system have effected 67% more arrests for
edged weapons (673 v. 402) so far this year, and 27% more
arrests for firearms (19 v. 15) – work that showcases the
department’s proactive engagement that serves to enhance
public safety in the city’s vital public transportation system.
As in May, this month’s decline in burglaries included
decreases in the burglaries of both residences and
commercial establishments. And retail theft – otherwise
known as shoplifting – also continued its decline in June
2023 by 7.4% (5,326 v.5,749), as the NYPD maintained its
focus on ensuring public safety in the city’s busy commercial
corridors and business districts.
Through the first six months of 2023, New York City has
seen reductions in five of the seven index crime categories,
including murder down 7.9% (199 v. 216), rape down 9.9%
(729 v. 809), robbery down 4.8% (7,789 v. 8,180), burglary
down 9.9% (6,877 v. 7,635), and grand larceny down 1.3%
(24,334 v. 24,664). Since the start of the Summer Violence
Reduction Plan in May, major crime in the involved
deployment zones has been driven down by more than 13%
compared to last year and shootings have declined by nearly
12%, mirroring the continuing decline in shootings citywide.
The women and men of the NYPD remain steadfast in their
ongoing efforts to drive down crime, improve the quality of
life in New York City, and earn the confidence of those who
live in, work in, and visit the city. In June 2023, NYPD
officers made 4,589 arrests in the seven major crime
categories, a 9.3% increase compared to the number of
such arrests in the same period last year. In the first six
months of this year, officers have made 25,995 such arrests
– the most for any half-year period since calendar 2000.
“Wherever crime lingers in our city, the women and men of
the NYPD are facing it head-on, concentrating their efforts in
the neighborhoods that need them the most,” said Acting
Police Commissioner Edward A. Caban. “As we look back
on the first half of this year, we can see steady progress in
the NYPD’s fight against violence and disorder – a level of
commitment that will continue with renewed focus as we
head into the summer months. Our good work continues and
our promise to the people we serve is clear: We will never
waver in our public safety mission to keep every New
Yorker, in every New York City neighborhood, safe and free
from fear.”

NOTE THAT THE ARTICLE ABOVE ONLY COVERS THE NEW YORK CITY NOT THE ENTIRE GREATER NEW YORK METROPOLIS

1 Like

Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2023
Offpointng:

You'd be giving everyone a reason to take advantage of you if they notice you're peace loving. people will spite you and step on ur toes taya
It's better than to be shoot. Them mofvckers are psychopath.. Be wise and be safe ✌️
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Semaj77(m): 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai...

I already knew it's gonna be US!!

The US Internally Generated Problemnue.

From the heading where else do you think NYC is referring to
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by UNDFTD: 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2023
It was an awful way to die but I must say that you do NOT confront a man with a pair of scissors knowing too damn well that the guy could have been armed especially the way he was dressed with an oversized jacket. And better yet, when the wife tried to pull him back, he shooed her off and went ahead to confront the armed assailant. The deceased could have walked away but he invaded the man's space and was point the pair of scissors in his face. I am NOT sure how long he's been in the US but he ought to have known better that if you are going to confront a man during an argument, you better be prepared because anything could happen. I hope this serves as a lesson to others that you have to know when to argue with a man and when to walk away.
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by JaskanFactor: 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2023
contact with strangers in a world that is encouraging everybody to be bad, needs to be seen as costing a premium.
Where buying private car can turn out to be cheaper than taking public transport
Where working from home becomes far cheaper than working at the office
Where shopping online makes more sense
Where moving to a bigger house with your own compound becomes cheaper than living in block of flats

There is a reason why wild animals run away from people, and contrary to popular opinion its not cause the wild animals are stupid.

I dont do flats, offices, shopping centres or public transport , cause of the extra premium cost of interaction with strangers.

There are numerous occult teachers that say that the beast 666 in the last days is not referring to the anti Christ, but instead it refers to the devilishly wicked arrogance that would become the prevailing culture amongst the population.

In very ancient times when occult information shaped society, in places like japan people had to bow to each other before speaking to each other in order to chase away any evil spirit that could come between them in the conversation. Thats whats going on when you seem them japan bow thier head and raise thier hand to each other befog speaking.

Such a tradition would save many lifes. Unfortunately in this tragic case, the spiritual illiteracy of all cornered meant the evil spirit won.

That is why contact with strangers in spiritually backward world comes at a high premium, in this particular case the cost was too high.

Until order is restored to this place work from home if you can, avoid crowded places , crowded accommodation, public transport if you can, cause there is nobody keeping account of just how evil people have become in regards to feeling safe around. strangers.

Cause dont forget for a second that in a normal world 90% of movies wont be about a man with a gun.
The entirety of culture is about turning the population against itself, everything from work to entertainment and all the rest.

People have become too casually dangerous to take stranger danger lightly
In the last days, unfortunately the stranger no longer has an alibi.

In a world that encourages the activities of evil spirits, casual contact with strangers comes at high cost.

I just wish someone warned me when i was choosing a career that working in an office would be like planning to eat all your future meals in a public toilet. Cause few places in this world have such thick dark, evil energy freely rampant about than glass offices , the bigger the cooperation the more demons feeding there on the infighting .

1 Like

Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by YourGFsnatcher: 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
t2luv1:

Damm you selling us short on talent my brother, Ever been to a strip joint, You won't believe your eyes partner. In my younger days when I was l a young snapper on the south side of Chicago, I once saw a sister who did some out of the world routine on a pool. I just had to hang a C-note on her string. Now that was talent.

Every race has something better than this. We are the race that contributes least in all the races. We are still complaining about slavery and refuse to grow blaming racism when we cannot redeem our image. The Jews that were hunted like dogs n brutally murdered in large numbers found a way to redeem their image. They now control American economy. Black people are still hung on on slavery of over 200 years. Black people should grow up and stop whining

1 Like

Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Hassanmaye(m): 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
Calitoscassius:
You and DSS can lick my ass! cheesy
Hahahahaha please 😆😆 how did you realize it was a prank!?
Re: Neighbor Shot Dead NYC Dad And Son During Argument Over Noise by Hassanmaye(m): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Go Tell your father to shut da fork up! Kid! grin
I'm Yoruba boy we respect elders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Herbert Were Beheads His Brother So As To Join Illuminati / Trump: Biden Only Won In The Eyes Of Fake News Media. I Concede Nothing / Boris Johnson Is The New Prime Minister Of The United Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.