Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 (25415 Views)

Unoaku Anyadike Wins Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Pageant 2015 / Most Beautiful Girl In Abuja Pageant Holds First Pool Party Screening (photos) / Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2014 - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by Grizzly(m): 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2006
No, no, no, @ Panthress. not the ones in the pic. just look at miss kwara, sprawled there like a tai-chi lizard, and the other one, was it miss nassarawa or so. all Rhodez wuz saying is the light skinned ones posted in d pic so far, r prettier than d dark skinned counterparts. isnt it Rhod?
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by chinani(f): 9:42pm On Mar 06, 2006
why do people insist on writing "ibo" instead of "igbo". i think it's quite ignorant. angry

@ seun

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, so ONLY rich yoruba grrls are pretty? therefore too "proper" to be contestants, yea, that's an interesting opinion if i've ever heard one.

@ rhodalyn

too dark my dear a person is NEVER TOO DARK ( or light for that matter). people are the color that they are, etc. and furthermore, BEAUTY IS ITS OWN COLOR. so is ugliness. therefore, think twice before you equate being bad looking/ugly to being darkskinned as you did (inadvertently?) in your 1st post. it's rude. how do you know bluenubian's sister isn't dark as well? dark and lovely like agbani
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by Grizzly(m): 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2006
U gals should free RHOD, Damn angry Why da lleh u putting words in her mouf? angry She didnt say none of those things. she said what was on her mind.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by IAH(f): 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2006
I don't think Rhodalyn equated being dark to being ugly. she just said they are too dark! We see beauty in different ways so people, spare her!!!
Personally, I think some people are too dark to be beautiful e.g Alek Wek and I also think some people are too white to be beautiful e.g. Nicole Kidman. That's my own view or perception of beauty, so you can bite me if you like. It doesn't stop me from seeing it that way!
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by Seun(m): 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2006
why do people insist on writing "ibo" instead of "igbo". i think it's quite ignorant.

chinani. Sometimes we say "Igbo" and someone says "no, it's Ibo". When we say "Ibo" someone else comes to say it's "Igbo". Please can you settle, once and for all, this issue of Igbo vs Ibo?

so ONLY rich yoruba girls are pretty? therefore too "proper" to be contestants, yea, that's an interesting opinion if i've ever heard one.

Prove me wrong. Beautiful Yoruba girls think they are too proper to be contestants. And they are hardly ever from less privileged backgrounds. I don't know why, but that seems to be the case.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by ababoy1(m): 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2006
I have never heard so much rubbish, Too rich and (or) too proper to be contestants?
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by mochafella(m): 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2006
uniben82:

I guess somethings in life never change. Entering a beauty pageant is degrading? Wow- only in Nigeria!!

@uniben82

the debate about degradement or otherwise exists in almost every country where paegents take place. Even in the US there is an annual debate about the portrayal of women as "sexual objects". Also the last time Miss World was hosted in India, there were women setting themselves on fire to protest the paegent. So nope it is not "only in Nigeria".
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by chinani(f): 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2006
@ seun

consult a dictionary. do you have standards for spelling? i'm not trying to be sarcastic but just pick a dictionary you trust and go w/ that. here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people

note the word "formerly". but whatever. i won't say anymore on the subject. it's tiresome. also, i was only picking at the only rich yoruba girls are pretty part. let's not discuss. you know how i love generalizations.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by Seun(m): 10:11pm On Mar 06, 2006
I have never heard so much rubbish, Too rich and (or) too proper to be contestants?

The last Miss Nigeria was Yoruba, which is rare, but it's interesting that she was only able to enter the competition because her dad was away or something like that. Yoruba fathers rule their homes with a firm hand and don't like to see their daughters parading half-nude on TV when it's not as if the family is poor. It's more or less culture.

When last did you see a really beautiful Yoruba girl that wants to model instead of studying law, accounting or whatever? It's the ugly ones that model, most of the time. I don't see this as a generalization, but an attempt to analyse a trend. I am suggesting that a smaller population of beautiful yoruba girls that are allowed by culture and family to parade their bodies for fame. Same goes for the northerners, which might explain why their beauty queens are so Igbo!
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by IAH(f): 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2006
mochafella:

@uniben82

the debate about degradement or otherwise exists in almost every country where paegents take place. Even in the US there is an annual debate about the portrayal of women as "sexual objects". Also the last time Miss World was hosted in India, there were women setting themselves on fire to protest the paegent. So nope it is not "only in Nigeria".

Don't mind them, Mocha. They will say everything is Nigeria, nigeria nigeria. Meanwhile, it happens everywhere.

ababoy1:

Yes, too rich and too proper to be contestants. It's not rubbish, it makes sense. Hanhan, you are in Nigeria now. You know how people take the issue of unclothedness and exposing one's body, etc.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by chinani(f): 10:17pm On Mar 06, 2006
@ IAH & Grizzly

allow me to "share" b/c it seems that i can see so well that i'm able to READ BETWEEN THE LINES. however, when words/usage/syntax are NOT intended the meaning of a sentence is corrupted. that's why i gave RHOD the benefit of the doubt. of course she is welcome to her beauty aesthetic. PUH-LEEZ i wasn't saying that we should all agree on who looks good or not!

Rhodalyn:

miss lagos, miss akwa and miss niger are beauyiful but the rest are toooooooooo dark!

but the syntax of the sent. juxtaposes BEAUTY w/ (too) DARKNESS as polar opposities. i can only judge her comments by the words on the screen. i do not know her. i do not know her mind. so i stated my opinion while saying that she might have not meant it to sound that way (read: inadvertent). please, before you condemn me, ask me questions first!
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by zebudaya(m): 10:17pm On Mar 06, 2006
rich yoruba girls are not hotter than the average ones. It's just that they get to wear perfume, wear nicer clothes, and hang out with preety girls thus having that glitter effect. when it comes to raw beauty. I don't think they are hotter than the rest.

I like those pictures, i wish the most beautiful girl website had more pictures that would be lovely!

I want Irene Iniobong Ukpong so bad miss akwa ibom ooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Statistics: 32 - 26 - 36 ooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I don't know about yoruba guys ruling their house with iron hand, all the play i got back home were from yoruba girls!. even when the father calls they could manufacture concentrated lies meanwhile they had to slip me out of their mouth just to answer the phone. Girls will be girls no matter what.!!!!!.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by Seun(m): 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2006
chinani: @ seun

consult a dictionary. do you have standards for spelling? i'm not trying to be sarcastic but just pick a dictionary you trust and go w/ that. here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people

note the word "formerly". but whatever. i won't say anymore on the subject. it's tiresome. also, i was only picking at the only rich yoruba girls are pretty part. let's not discuss. you know how i love generalizations.

- first of all this is not a serious issue. lighten up.
- second, the Wikipedia is not meant to be an authoritative reference.
- third, it says "The Igbo sometimes (especially formerly) referred to as Ibo" which implies that the use of the term Ibo is also correct. That word "Igbo" is winning the battle for supremacy over the word "Ibo" doesn't mean that the use of the word "Ibo" is now wrong. Afterall, the word African-American has also been winning the battle over the word "black" but does that mean anyone that uses the word "black" is uneducated or ignorant?
- Finally, since "Ibo" and "Igbo" are both correct, you need to make a polite request if you want us to use "Igbo" more often.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by Seun(m): 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2006
I don't know about yoruba boys ruling their house with iron hand, all the play i got back home were from yoruba girls!. even when the father calls they could manufacture concentrated lies meanwhile they had to slip me out of their mouth just to answer the phone. Girls will be girls no matter what.!!!!!.

The fact that they even have to lie to their fathers to give you some action is proof that their fathers were strict. The problem with beauty pageants is that you can't lie that you are not in the show when your father can switch on his TV set in the evening and see his "well raised" daughter posing in a bikini!
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by chinani(f): 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2006
@ seun

why must to rationalize the names/ethnicities of the beauty queens? why must it be that yoruba men are (too) firm let daughters compete? unlike the poor? or unlike those (morally loose) easterners?

but let me stop. someone will condemn me for putting words into your mouth. apparently following ideas to their conclusions is a crime in cyberspace. my goodness ---> good look to all & University.

also i love how you are so knowledge & can quantify the small populations of yoruba contestants vs. the Easterners. can you provide some tangible data to back up your assertions?
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by IAH(f): 10:23pm On Mar 06, 2006
chinani:

please, before you condemn me, ask me questions first!

The same way you should ask Rhoda questions first before condemning her too!!!

As for me, I want Miss Lagos to win because she's the most beautiful there! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by Seun(m): 10:24pm On Mar 06, 2006
The Igbo/Ibo parents are not morally loose. They are progressive and liberal and less hypocritical!
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by chinani(f): 10:25pm On Mar 06, 2006
@ seun

you must be confused. since you have missed my dry wit, let me rescue you. i am quite LIGHT ENOUGH. thank you. i am AWARE THAT WIK is not a dictionary. please read my responses before addressing me. i do not care which word you use. some ppl like using a word simply b/c it is forbidden. am i your mother

THIS IS TIRESOME! FEEL FREE TO NOT ADDRESS THE SUBJECT W/ ME AGAIN!
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by IAH(f): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2006
Well, I don't think it's about being firm or iron-handed. It's just that a typical Yoruba mother will develop heart attack and die immediately she sees her daughter strutting in a bikini on TV! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by chinani(f): 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2006
@ IAH

i did not mean to codemn her. RHODALYN I APOLOGIVE. i did not mean to condemn you.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by ababoy1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2006
Folks, Please stop digging.

One can only guess that most Igbo parents score very low on ethics and by implication don’t mind turning their kids into sex objects - not like their decent opposite numbers elsewhere.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by chinani(f): 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2006
@ ababy1

i'm confused. undecided what does "not like their decent opposite numbers elsewhere." mean? counterparts?
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by zebudaya(m): 10:33pm On Mar 06, 2006
I think several contestants got into the race, and the preetiest were selected to go in to the final tournament, it doesn't have anything to do with ethnicity. or how strict your father/mother is. It's just beauty or maybe who you know!. I think the preetiest girls are ibo, delta, rivers, akwa ibom, crossriver, i like the fulani girls that have those exotic arab looks.

Igbo is the language
Ibo are the people
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by mochafella(m): 10:35pm On Mar 06, 2006
zebudaya:

Igbo is the language
Ibo are the people

Something tells me Chinani will disagree with that
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by ababoy1(m): 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2006
a typical Yoruba mother will develop heart attack and die immediately she sees her daughter strutting in a bikini on TV!

What will kill her, biko?

Seeing a TV for the first time, or seeing the daughter in a bikini on TV.

As much as you are trying to make your folks look and sound morally well positioned, you are on the other hand doing them a huge disfavour, making them look antiquated and laughable.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by Seun(m): 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2006
i like the fulani girls that have those exotic arab looks.
Where are you going to find a beautiful fulani girl willing to parade half-dressed before a camera? That's my simple point.

Igbo is the language. Ibo are the people
That is what I was told prior to chinani's attack. Now I am just confused but "Ibo" is easier to type!
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by ababoy1(m): 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2006
@chinani - yep,
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by IAH(f): 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2006
ababoy1:

What will kill her, biko?

Seeing a TV for the first time, or seeing the daughter in a bikini on TV.

As much as you are trying to make your folks look and sound morally well positioned, you are on the other hand doing them a huge disfavour, making them look antiquated and laughable.

Of course, they are infact "antique". Who is arguing that they are not?

Anyway, ALL HAIL MISS LAGOS!!!
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by Seun(m): 10:40pm On Mar 06, 2006

As a matter of fact, we are just reporting the truth on the ground. I don't necessarily believe that a hausa man is morally well positioned because he insists that his daughters must wear veils when in public. There is no agenda here. Sigh. I agree with IAH that many Yoruba parents are indeed antiquated. That is just the fact on ground. Their children have to work around this by lying about what they are up to
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by Grizzly(m): 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2006
Aint nobody tryna shoo me way from tha topic! angry i said miss kwara is like Ewww, ,
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by IAH(f): 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2006
Grizzly cheesy cheesy cheesy
But Miss Lagos is like Wow sha! cool
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2006 by zebudaya(m): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2006
AKWA IBOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue shocked I'M SO FREAKING BORED can you peeps tell!!!!! posting and posting at work.

hey iah do you like girls shocked?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

You’re Not Allowed Buy This Luxury Wristwatch Unless You Buy A FORD GT Supercar! / High Cheek Bones / Actress Halima Abubakar Shines In Glamorous Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.