Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy (23119 Views)

Is There A Way Of Stopping Roosters From Crowing? / Why Do Roosters Crow At Midnight? / Self-Driving Tractors & Drone Plant & Harvest Crops In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by jojothaiv(m): 2:25am On Nov 07, 2023
surefx:

Ah! I am not sure I can even kill a chicken anymore
The stupid saying 'robbing Peter to pay Paul wouldn't have been necessary if Peter has a gun, knows how to shoot it and don't believe in let bygones by bygones. Sir, you're the landlord, drastic decision is needed.

I'll not say beyond that.
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by oneman2k7: 2:44am On Nov 07, 2023
Some was advising op to sue or go to court. On top wetin? Fowl, dog are bonafide citizens of Nigeria. Don't waste your money.
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by AstrologyGuru: 2:49am On Nov 07, 2023
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by dollynnn(f): 3:14am On Nov 07, 2023
Sue him for nuisance
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by ikorodureporta: 3:25am On Nov 07, 2023
Sleep never catch you b dat... What if na church dey by yr house??

1 Like

Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by Greattha: 3:44am On Nov 07, 2023
surefx:
Hi everyone,

I never knew Roosters could be extremely noisy. My Neighbour recently started raising some and lately those things have been disturbing like crazy. They start crowing around 3am and I am unable to sleep anymore.

I tried to discuss with him but he didn't see anything wrong with them. Took the matter to the Ministry of Environment in Oyo state but nothing was done.

Moving out is not an option as it's my house.

I don't know what to do. Please help. Those things are tormenting my life...

Didn't you just say it's your house?

If you can't cope, then serve him quit notice and bear till he leaves.
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by lozanni(m): 3:47am On Nov 07, 2023
ahnie:
Roosters are my alarm clock in the mornings,I use their crowing to my advantage cheesy

Recently one cockerel took it to the extreme standing on the fence close to my window crowing non stop and I really needed to sleep.

I had to come out look for pestle,aimed at it,I like to think I missed him by a flicker since then
the eediot stopped coming.

Aside that experience...I think roosters are cool they serve the purpose of both a wall clock/alarm.

grin grin grin I wont blame you if you believe that someone sent the rooster to disturb your sleep as it stopped coming after your pestle narrowly missed hitting him.
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by CJStarz: 4:28am On Nov 07, 2023
Sue the government agency,you said? For this Naija wey court Judgement dey favour d highest bidder?
Dey play

enochogaga:
If oyo government fail to look into the mater, i think u should sue the the government agency, hope u are a tax payer, if yes then go ahead and serve the office paper,they will stand on their toe
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by nickyvil: 4:28am On Nov 07, 2023
What is the title of the land you acquired, is it agric land or residential land. For govt not to intervened. If its agric land then there is nothing you can do. Before I gt the land I'm using for my farm, I make sure its agric land and the purpose is for agric. Landlord association came to me one time and I schooled them since then most of them started poultry or fishery. If its Agric land there is nothing you can do cos the main purpose of selling the land is for farming and poultry is part of it.

1 Like

Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by Newton1045: 4:43am On Nov 07, 2023
surefx:

Thanks. I was hoping to not have to do that. I may not have any other option. There are some very wicked people in this part of the world.

Just relax, by Xmas, they are all gone.
Dont be dragging nature's matter in court

Cocks are beautiful animals

1 Like

Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by Wotowotoman: 5:24am On Nov 07, 2023
finallybusy:
Ear plugs. Nigerians don’t care regarding noise pollution.

Na ear plugs dey your ear the night wey those petty thieves carry your gen? cheesy
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by Wotowotoman: 5:26am On Nov 07, 2023
Greattha:

Didn't you just say it's your house?

If you can't cope, then serve him quit notice and bear till he leaves.

You are too dull. Yamayama fall on that your bald head there. Lazy youth! angry

2 Likes

Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by udede(m): 5:51am On Nov 07, 2023
surefx:
Hi everyone,

I never knew Roosters could be extremely noisy. My Neighbour recently started raising some and lately those things have been disturbing like crazy. They start crowing around 3am and I am unable to sleep anymore.

I tried to discuss with him but he didn't see anything wrong with them. Took the matter to the Ministry of Environment in Oyo state but nothing was done.

Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with the youth of today, must we teach you everything, your neighbor provided you with better meat but you are complaining upandan. undecided
If na me, all of them for don lose.
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by udede(m): 6:02am On Nov 07, 2023
surefx:

There are over 12 of them. It's like a continuous nightmare
but don't you eat roosters ? Just wondering
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by udede(m): 6:11am On Nov 07, 2023
KyleJason:

Dear Op,

The only way to stop this anomaly of a noise early in the morning while you're trying to consolidate on your sweet dreams is to use the hard way.

Snipe the roosters codedly.

If you understand what I mean, then that's it.
that is a waste of meat abeg
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by udede(m): 6:14am On Nov 07, 2023
Nomyth:
But roosters are not supposed to crow at 3.00 AM, they only start crowing at dawn.
chicken crow three times. The first is by around 3am but some over fed broiler dey crow any how even by 12am
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by Tijani009: 6:22am On Nov 07, 2023
Buy two things your own roosters like 5 and ear plugs made of foam, you wont hear any noise at night and ur own go day disturb am too
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by BigDawsNet: 6:37am On Nov 07, 2023
Osanoghodua1:
Please bear it till December. I train too I don't keep much rooster πŸ“ coz they will kill each other. They're a violent native roosters that can fight goats.

They are very dangerous to even puppies with dat dia sharp Beak... one of our πŸ“ dat time use him mouth struck one of my puppy for head... that puppy was bleeding and screaming... later died.. omo dat πŸ“ na me Grill ham las las... he swit die... ..

2 Likes

Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by Justiceleague1: 7:26am On Nov 07, 2023
surefx:
Hi everyone,

Oga try and cope..
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by magzey: 7:33am On Nov 07, 2023
surefx:

Ah! I am not sure I can even kill a chicken anymore
This one na Female grin grin
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by Odjirigho: 7:45am On Nov 07, 2023
Go to him and buy all 12 roosters. U can choose to slaughter n refrigerate fr later use or gift em as Christmas gifts
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by EmperorFred: 7:46am On Nov 07, 2023
mmadu5:
shoot him or her like that american guy that killed his neighbor and step son then go on the run to Ghana or Togo. i cant stand noisy neighbors
I wont run. I will stay and also kill the policemen coming to disturb my peace.
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by Greattha: 7:57am On Nov 07, 2023
Wotowotoman:

You are too dull. Yamayama fall on that your bald head there. Lazy youth! angry

Who is this miserable less than shit thing talking to?

Were oloshi alaini lakaye.

Poverty kill you and your generations...you think it's everyone that is lazy and has bad and bald head like you?

Yamayama fall on top you and your generations born and unborn head.

Ashiere oloriburuku.
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by HenryWilliams(m): 8:03am On Nov 07, 2023
bassdow:

would suggest taking it to landLord association.

and if nothing is done, make a case at nearest police station (so iit's documented), and if still nothing gets done, try to own more of such birds e.g if your neigbour own 3, make yours at least 7, that way, all of una go follow c-r-a-z-e together while the neiigbourHood go enjoy una werey. You could even add 2 Pigs, and always ensure they are very hungry before feeding them. I trust pigs, their own noise when hungry go make that your neigbour's own look like child's play.
And should anyone complain, suggest they take it to the landLord's association. if and when landLord association calls you, no matter what they say or how responsible they try to make you see things, your only response should be - since the mosque, churches, animal rearers, etc are allowed to ply their trade, yours shouldn't be any different and if they want to put an end to it, you would be among the very last to stop.

Best advice you can get..
Contact the CDA, if they refuse.
Meet with the police and get a statement from them.
Go to the Local govt office and officially lodge a complaint.
They will take it up from there.
Ministry of Environment won't do much.
They'll consider animal noise as natural in this part of the world..
Eg. A continuous barking dog .
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by rhames(m): 8:29am On Nov 07, 2023
surefx:
Hi everyone,

There are three pets or domestic animals you should never keep. Goats, cats and roosters. Their noise makes the neighborhood sleepless
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by ajepako(f): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2023
ahnie:
Roosters are my alarm clock in the mornings,I use their crowing to my advantage cheesy

Recently one cockerel took it to the extreme standing on the fence close to my window crowing non stop and I really needed to sleep.

I had to come out look for pestle,aimed at it,I like to think I missed him by a flicker since then
the eediot stopped coming.

Aside that experience...I think roosters are cool they serve the purpose of both a wall clock/alarm.

I really LOL after reading this! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by columbus007(m): 8:53am On Nov 07, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:
You are not hungry.
cheesy
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by ajepako(f): 8:54am On Nov 07, 2023
bassdow:

would suggest taking it to landLord association.

and if nothing is done, make a case at nearest police station (so iit's documented), and if still nothing gets done, try to own more of such birds e.g if your neigbour own 3, make yours at least 7, that way, all of una go follow c-r-a-z-e together while the neiigbourHood go enjoy una werey. You could even add 2 Pigs, and always ensure they are very hungry before feeding them. I trust pigs, their own noise when hungry go make that your neigbour's own look like child's play.
And should anyone complain, suggest they take it to the landLord's association. if and when landLord association calls you, no matter what they say or how responsible they try to make you see things, your only response should be - since the mosque, churches, animal rearers, etc are allowed to ply their trade, yours shouldn't be any different and if they want to put an end to it, you would be among the very last to stop.

See the werey wey Jesus commanded to love his neighbor like himself!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by ajepako(f): 9:00am On Nov 07, 2023
Juniorangel:
You see this December? No miss those roosters try catch like 3 or 4 carry do pepper soup for 24th night... Repeat again for new year's eve by January you will be sleeping fine, that's how I finish my Uncle chicken them that year, every once in a while I dey set trap for them, immediately they enter my compound na bye bye...

See another werey wey Jesus died for! grin grin grin

Una no dey go church ni ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by ajepako(f): 9:03am On Nov 07, 2023
rinzylee:
Been laughing here with all the suggestions. Chai... reminds me of the movie problem child and home alone.

I think say na only me...

This thread should be in Joke section I swear cheesy cheesy
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by Sleekfingers: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2023
surefx:
Hi everyone,

Buy poisonous feeds. Give it to them.....shikena.
Re: Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy by GodHimself: 10:39am On Nov 07, 2023
Go to the neighborhood association and report the issue.

You might need to tip the environment guys to do something.

I had the same issue.

The foolish cockerel crowed throughout the day.

I would be having zoom calls and cockrel would be crowing in the background.

Got soldiers to solve the problem after weeks of peaceful talks didn’t work.

surefx:
Hi everyone,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rice To Hit β‚¦β€Ž50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms / Super gene and Tenera sprouted palm nuts seedlings is available. / How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.