Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Islamic Names & Meaning - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Islamic Names & Meaning (2417 Views)

I Honestly Need To Know The Meaning Of These Words- "Boo" And "Bae" / What Is The Meaning Of 'dada' (dreadlocks) In Nigeria? / If Your Name Have A Negative Meaning, Will You Change It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Names & Meaning by simpleseyi: 6:23am On Oct 26, 2011
Dear All,

Please can you help with Islamic names and meaning (if you do know)? I will be very grateful. Please exclude the cats and the rats like Mulikat, Hajarat, we have enough of that in my family already, also exclude names like Sanusi and Lamido, those names bring nightmares. Male names will be preferred.

I love you all, but God loves you most.
Re: Islamic Names & Meaning by Dyt(f): 9:29am On Oct 26, 2011
sorry i dont know meanings
far'han
majeed
basit
mamood
khalid
hidayah = guidiance
idayat = gift
Re: Islamic Names & Meaning by Ismail0071(m): 10:36am On Oct 26, 2011
Ismail- God will listen
Re: Islamic Names & Meaning by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
@poster --- the prophet recommend us to name our children the beat of all names which is Abdulrahman and Abullah. and he also told us to choose from the names of ALLAh by put ABD in front. like ABDULAZEEZ,ABDULMAJEED etc. you can also choose from the names of the sahabah(t) or you check a book name MEN ARROUND THE MESSENGER or WOMEN ARROUND THE MESSENGER.
Re: Islamic Names & Meaning by TechEmpire: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
@poster, You don't need to sweat further on this. Please check online for 99 names of Allah. It will come with their meaning in English.
Re: Islamic Names & Meaning by simpleseyi: 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2011
Thanks for all the responses. I really appreciate.
Re: Islamic Names & Meaning by tpia5: 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
azeez

ibrahim

yusuf

yakubu [might be offensive to some]

taofik

jubril

rasheed

there's one that starts with Q which skips me at the moment. . . . .

hope the suggestions arent for 419?

(1) (Reply)

Help Me I'm Too Lazy / REAL STORY: 'my Husband's Deception Led Me To Commit An Unforgivable Sin' / Who Owns A Man, His Wife Or His Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.