Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance (22188 Views)

Biden Draws ‘red Line’ For Benjamin Netanyahu: No Israeli Attack On Rafah / We're on a 'highway to climate hell', UN chief warns world leaders (Pics, Video) / Antonio Guterres: The World Is On The Edge Of An Abyss (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by MAMMAN777(m): 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
‘I am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack on Gaza Ambulance Convoy.

Secretary-General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres, said in a statement on Friday evening that he was “horrified” by the Israeli attack on an ambulance convoy outside Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza.

“I am horrified by the reported attack in Gaza on an ambulance convoy outside Al Shifa hospital. The images of bodies strewn on the street outside the hospital are harrowing,” Guterres said, adding: “This must stop.”

Guterres went on to say that the humanitarian situation in Gaza is horrific.

“Not nearly enough food, water and medicine are coming in to meet people’s needs. Fuel to power hospitals and water plants is running out,” he said, adding:

“Morgues are overflowing. Shops are empty. The sanitation situation is abysmal. We are seeing an increase in diseases and respiratory illnesses, especially among children. An entire population is traumatized. Nowhere is safe.”

A series of Israeli attacks targeted Palestinian hospitals and medical staff in Gaza on Friday night.

Three hospitals were attacked. They include Al-Shifa Hospital, Al-Quds Hospital, and the Indonesian Hospital.

The director of Al-Shifa Medical Complex said that “a massacre in front of the compound as a result of the Israeli shelling” is a “full-fledged crime.”
He said that Israel had targeted the gate of the complex, where medical staff and hundreds of displaced civilians were gathered.

He also said that medical teams and paramedics were killed in front of the hospital when their ambulance convoy was struck, even though the convoy movement was coordinated with the Red Cross.

Renewing his appeals for a humanitarian ceasefire, Guterres reiterated that international humanitarian law must be respected.

“All those with influence must exert it to ensure respect for the rules of war, end the suffering and avoid a spillover of the conflict that could engulf the whole region,” he concluded.

Israel has, thus far, killed over 9,488 Palestinians in Gaza, including nearly 3,900 children and 2,500 women, and wounded more than 23,516. Palestinian Ministry of Health reports and international organizations say that the majority of those killed and wounded are women and children.

Despite a massive Israeli military buildup around the Gaza borders and sporadic infiltrations on the outskirts of the besieged Strip, Palestinian Resistance continues to repel Israeli attacks.

To justify its military failure, the Israeli army continues to pound civilian homes throughout the Gaza Strip with new massacres reported everywhere in the besieged enclave.

Gaza has been under a tight Israeli military siege since 2007, following a democratic election in occupied Palestine, the results of which were rejected by Tel Aviv and Washington.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Ms202309: 6:05pm On Nov 04, 2023

Isrealis are as guilty as Hamas

97 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by God1000(m): 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
Very disheartening indeed, no country should be allowed to go Scot free with such atrocities

Netanyahu is the new Adolf Hitler

85 Likes 16 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by MAMMAN777(m): 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ms202309:

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Agwotulumbe1: 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ms202309:
na lie ooo
oya say
oyooooo
aaaahhhhh
mmmmmmm
hooooooooo
tapum tapum tapum
do you hear the clap of thunder ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Floky215: 7:34pm On Nov 04, 2023
God1000:
Very disheartening indeed, no country should be allowed to go Scot free with such atrocities

Netanyahu is the new Adolf Hitler

So hamas should be allowed to go free with their atrocities?

When they striked in 7th Oct, I believe people like you would be jubilating and shouting Allah akbar, God will it..!! Now the table have turned, you are shouting Adolf Hitler...!!

Everyone who partake in that dastardly act on Oct 7th including all those who where jubilating and sharing victory cake would partake in the onslaught, you can't hang yourself by the neck with a rope still shouting that you don't want to die....!!

IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME DON'T DO THE CRIME...!!! SIMPLE...!!!

184 Likes 27 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Biodun556(m): 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2023
Israel will be eliminated

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Bescdmsd: 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
In front of the gate of Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza now... martyrs, children and women.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by motayoayinde: 9:35pm On Nov 04, 2023
Biodun556:

Insha Allah

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by nairalee(m): 9:56am On Nov 05, 2023
There's a difference between retaliation and sheer brutality to prove ones superiority and express hatred.

For those that support Israel just imagine Boko Haram attacks US and US in retaliation starts bombing schools (killing your only child) and hospitals (killing your parent) will u keep supporting them?

MODIFIED: For those quoting me, you've all failed to imagine yourselves losing loved ones and suffering for what you're not involved in. Trust me there are ALOT of Palestinians that oppose Hamas so should they and their families also be killed?

Q:Please what exactly is Israel mad about?
A: Killing of its innocent women, children and men by Hamas.
Q:What is Israel's reaction?
A: Killing of more innocent children and women and civilians of Palestine in greater proportion.

Take two seconds to think about this

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Gbadugbakun(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2023
Don't start what you can't finish. Hamas started it, why are they complaining?

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by victorazyvictor(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2023
Who first find trouble?

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Patrioticman007(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2023
Hypocrites will close their eyes to these barbaric acts and say because Israel is mentioned in the bible, They will be sinning against their god to condemn these evil cold blood murders.
The beauty of this world is that you can't live forever and the day of reckoning is just a stone throw. Palestine, Israel, UN & Us will all give account before the most High Allah.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by DesChyko: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2023
Death to Hamas. And whoever stands in the way of Israel. For 35 years, Hamas have been violently pursuing their cause. Israel have only responded to defend their territories. Not anymore. This time, cut off the head and scatter the body parts.

Hamas is not a country. Hamas is a terrorist group and have owned that tag wholeheartedly. Hamas miscalculated Israel's response, thinking it will be business as usual. They have murdered 1200 Israelis by crossing into Israeli borders. I don't think any of these countries calling for cease fire will take that from any nation.

If their strategy is to hide beneath the people to perpetuate evils, and the people let them do that willfully, then, the people have made their choice.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by victorazyvictor(m): 9:58am On Nov 05, 2023
Biodun556:

By you? grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Angelfrost(m): 9:58am On Nov 05, 2023
That's all... Just condemn and collect fat salaries.

UN is as useless to the universe, as AU is useless to Africa.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Houseofglam7(f): 9:58am On Nov 05, 2023
Damn 😩
Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:58am On Nov 05, 2023
When trouble sleep yanga go wake am, waiting he dey find??

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Machinegun91(m): 9:59am On Nov 05, 2023
The prophesy of Christ is being observe

Kill everything that has to do with terrorist

I stand firmly with Israel

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:59am On Nov 05, 2023
Biodun556:
I pity you in CAPITAL letter

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by femmykenny: 9:59am On Nov 05, 2023
When Hamas strikes, people jubilate, and when Israel fires back, you cry fowl.
We can all agree that it's a dumb idea to attack Israel.
Israel has achieved its aim, and Hamas and Palestine are the biggest losers.

All Islamic communities should have condemned Hamas attacks on Israel, but they never did.
Israel will not back down until Hamas turns to dust.Quite unfortunate.  
Israel played their cards well. No man owns a monopoly of violence.
War is not an arena to play the victim card.
War brings death, tears, and sorrow, and it's beyond anyone's control.
Stay on your lane to avoid death and sorrow.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by koolaid87: 9:59am On Nov 05, 2023
The real Israelites are still scattered abroad. They are still oppressed all around the world. The ashkenazis (Israelis) are the heathens from the synagogue of the satan according to Revelation 2.

Focus on Hamas, you children of perdition and stop killing innocent civilians.

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by victorazyvictor(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2023
oluwaseunamos33:
When trouble sleep yanga go wake am, waiting he dey find??

Wahala e go get!

8 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by 3seriez(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2023
But islamophobes will come here and say different. Co ask? Is an Ambulance, Unarmed civilians, kids part of Hamas?

Modern Day Genocide happening and the whole world is Watching in 3D. Hypocrisy everywhere.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by oluwaseunamos33(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2023
How I wish Nigerian christian can be acting like Israel. E for better

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Greenfaces: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2023
Biodun556:
Americans will soon witness home bred terrorism like never before. What Timothy mcveigh did in oklahoma because of the branch davidians is little compared to what is on the way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by adesegun121(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2023
Ok oo
Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Pathfinder2090: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2023
In this life, make sure you don’t start anything you can’t control or finish.

Hamas started the war killing civilians.

Whatever a man sows, same he shall reap.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by zinaunreal(m): 10:02am On Nov 05, 2023
Fake israelis.
These people are not the israelites from the bible don't be deceived go and educate yourselves
Stop watching mainstream media.
Mainstream media contributed to the deaths of over one million people in Iraq.

The world trade center was a cia job. Osama bin laden was innocent. He even worked for the cia at some point

Faked accusations of sadam having nuclear weapons, contributed to the deaths of thousands of Afghans, and they have made it seem like Palestinians are the bad people for over 7 decades, systematically killing them by the thousands annually.

Most of these so called isrealites are from Europe and whites South Africa who changed their religion to Judaism and moved to palestine to continue their oppression. Most of them have no connection whatsoever with the 12 tribes of Israel.

Go to israel and see how they spit on christians . Some black mumu africans are here cheering them. It's normal considering how you've allowed your governments oppress you, you decided to lean with oppression comfortably by default. Core stupidity.

Those who are able to learn, unlearn and relearn. I salute you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by Greenfaces: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2023
Machinegun91:
The prophesy of Christ is being observe

Kill everything that has to do with terrorist

I stand firmly with Israel
You're just a fpol

8 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by oluwaseunamos33(m): 10:03am On Nov 05, 2023
victorazyvictor:

Wahala e go get!
Lol. How I wish Nigerian christian can be acting like Israel

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance by boldtruthalways: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2023
This Guteress is a disgrace. It's rike for him to resign as UN Sec Gen. He has never condemned hamas slaughtering over 1400 Israeli civilians and abducted over 242. This man is callous and devil's incarnate. Hamas is using Palestinian civilians as shield and that should be condemned. You can't attack Israel and kill thousands of them and don't expect them to retaliate. Israel waned all civilians in Northern Gaza to move to the South and gave them enough time, even weeks to do so but they decided to make a different choice. Hamas must be eradicated from the surface of the earth. They do not serve the interest of the Palestinian people because they are a terrorist organisation. No to ceasefire, the task must be completed. Hamas started this war and they want to hide in ambulances as injured soldiers to cross over to Egypt. No way, it will not happen. Israel is smarter than them all. Total elimination of hams is the task and it must be completed 100%.

36 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Taliban Sacks Female Workers Replaces Women's Ministry With Ministry Of Virtue / AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power / U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.