Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) (47761 Views)

Man Shows The Outdoor Camp Occupied By Hundreds Of Nigerians In Dublin (video) / List Of Nigerians Who Own Private Jets / JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Offpoint1: 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2023
ednut1:
i go become canadian citizen next week. If i see contract collect from 9ja government i go come back na come chop my ownπŸ˜€
grin grin You gerrit... we need chop our own share first....japa can wait grin
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by izibili44: 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hum! Well my uncle was 48 when he japa he his 60 years of age now. What he as accomplished in terms of wealth and investment is too great men. My friend grandmother his 63 years when she went to the state for omugo. Today she has bought a house and a car back home after 7 years. She his still doing her house nanny. My brother God time is the best.
quote author=gforce5 post=126824860]I noticed a thread on[b]"10 sets of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK".[/b] I found it interesting and decided to create my own version. I am an immigration lawyer who just came back from an IBA (International Bar Association) Conference. As a member of the immigration committee, we discuss immigration issues. Immigration is as old as time and inevitable. I don't have issues with Nigerians emigrating for "greener pastures" after all, I did the same thing as a teenager thanks to my folks and encourage many others to do so. What I do have a problem with are the categories of people emigrating abroad to start all over. The list is as follows:

1. Big earners/those who are at the top of their career: It doesn't make sense for someone who earns millions a month to abandon that in the name of JAPA. The chances that you will earn the equivalent to what you are earning in Nigeria is slim. You have to start all over again as no country is going to hire you over their own nationals.

2. People approaching 50 and above. I was insulted some time ago whenI stated that if you must Japa abroad, you should do it when you are young. While there are quite a few over 40s who have been able to re-establish themselves, there many more who have struggled to get back on their feet. The job market is a young person's market.

3. Politicians. These category of people make too much money to desire to move to another country. The system in Nigeria was designed to cater to their very whelms.

4. Small scale/large scale business men. If you have a thriving business, it doesn't make sense abandoning your business just to start over in another country. Don't get me wrong, there are many countries are looking for business men to invest in their economy. In the UK, they fall under the category of investor visas.

If you are a Senior Lawyer, Bank Manager, Senior Surgeon, Senior Chartered Accountant, you are most likely at the peak of your profession in Nigeria and very likely earning a decent amount of money that places you in the elite. It makes no sense for these category of people to emigrate and start all over again.

There you have it. Everybody else has the right to leave the country as it's not working but it doesn't make sense for the above-mentioned class of people to JAPA abroad (at least, outside Africa) as they have a lot to lose. [/quote]
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Tayorshd87: 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
ACE1010:

My brother the thing tire person. The japa syndrome does not make sense to me again

Na so because I knew some people that made mistake of selling properties just to Japa now when they get there they are now sending money home again to buy property again πŸ€”

So why selling in the first place πŸ€”

Well Japa is not for everyone Sha ☺️

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by ACE1010: 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2023
Offpoint1:
grin You don see any big man wey wan japa? na we the poor masses wan JAPA. Richmen na vacation dem dey go, highest 1 month, I know some wey no fit spend 2 weeks outside Nigeria.

Japa is for broke or average people.

Nothing go make me wan japa leave my papa land, land of many wereys, land of cruise, land of fun, land of better food, land of women with big bakasi. Land wey if your maggi finish you fit knock neigbor door borrow, land wey I fit comot my prick piss beside person car grin, land of freedom.

Naija na dey best country for this world, Nigerians no get wahala and dem dey look out for each other.

NAIJA FOR LIFE

The day I catch you piss for my car ehhhh......na rofo rofo for me and youπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Offpoint1: 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
ACE1010:

The day I catch you piss for my car ehhhh......na rofo rofo for me and youπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
grin grin Pack am for house if you no wan ma piss on your tyre grin

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by crusufixo(m): 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
Enough of these japa thread already. Everyone is responsible for his or her choices.simple and short !!
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by SmartyPants(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
ednut1:
Remove senior chartered account. KPMG, PWC, EY,BDO, and the other audit firms are filled with Nigerian accountants who were hired directly from Nigeria. People wey dey collect 400 to 600k monthly in Nigerian audit firms enter Uk to collect 46k to 65k pounds per year. Which starting all over be that

You are earning well but you dont have peace of mind, your company or business is suffering from trial and error govt policies, health care is shitty. Why do you think they wont japa

Your point reinforces his because if those people had resigned as junior to middle accountants in Nigeria they would have had next to zero chance of getting similar jobs in the UK on their own.

It is staying in Nigeria that makes such growth possible.

Also a senior staff of those companies at the partner level even in Nigeria will be a multi millionaire in naira.

3 Likes

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Falakotolu(m): 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2023
gforce5:
P.S., as previously stated, I am not against JAPA. In fact, the middle class and the working class have every right to JAPA. Nigeria is not working for them. What I am against, are those who are doing extremely well in Nigeria and decided to leave their jobs, sell their assets, properties and close their business in the name of emigrating abroad for "greener pastures". It is better for these people to secure a second passport via citizenship by investment. With a second passport, they can travel out of the country whenever they want. Always consult an immigration lawyer before making hasty decisions.

Please do you have any immigration lawyer someone can talk to?
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by zedegit: 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2023
peterpiiro:
You are so on point. As long as you are earning very well here in Nigeria, there is no need relocating abroad. At best, you could go for vacations and come back.

Really? What about the quality health care system and organized environment?

Japa is not limited to money issues. It's only poor people whose whole definition of Japa is money centered.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by na2016: 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2023
SirLakes:
Trash grin

Number 2 alone is trash cos most other countries don't check age per say for jobs.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Angelfrost(m): 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
These anti-japa threads and topics get more stupid everyday.

You guys should just cut it out.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Benwems(m): 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2023
gforce5:
P.S., as previously stated, I am not against JAPA. In fact, the middle class and the working class have every right to JAPA. Nigeria is not working for them. What I am against, are those who are doing extremely well in Nigeria and decided to leave their jobs, sell their assets, properties and close their business in the name of emigrating abroad for "greener pastures". It is better for these people to secure a second passport via citizenship by investment. With a second passport, they can travel out of the country whenever they want. Always consult an immigration lawyer before making hasty decisions.

Do you know how much is citizenship by investment? You just feel like talking.

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by qtx(m): 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2023
peterpiiro:
You are so on point. As long as you are earning very well here in Nigeria, there is no need relocating abroad. At best, you could go for vacations and come back.

You people keep talking about this thing as if everything about Japa is money. Nooo, how about safety/security of you and your family? Quality education for the children and other more important privileges you dont have around here?

Money is important but if someone in any of those high career level can save something reasonable to migrate on Investors Visa for instance even if he/she is above 50 i dont think there is anything wrong with it.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by ednut1(m): 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2023
SmartyPants:

Your point reinforces his because if those people had resigned as junior to middle accountants in Nigeria they would have had next to zero chance of getting similar jobs in the UK on their own.

It is staying in Nigeria that makes such growth possible.

Also a senior staff of those companies at the partner level even in Nigeria will be a multi millionaire in naira.
most of the people they take are senior and manager levels. The ones in partner and director levels usually stay but their families are abroad πŸ˜†
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by mikeapollo: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2023
gforce5:
I noticed a thread on[b]"10 sets of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK".[/b] I found it interesting and decided to create my own version. I am an immigration lawyer who just came back from an IBA (International Bar Association) Conference. As a member of the immigration committee, we discuss immigration issues. Immigration is as old as time and inevitable. I don't have issues with Nigerians emigrating for "greener pastures" after all, I did the same thing as a teenager thanks to my folks and encourage many others to do so. What I do have a problem with are the categories of people emigrating abroad to start all over. The list is as follows:

1. Big earners/those who are at the top of their career: It doesn't make sense for someone who earns millions a month to abandon that in the name of JAPA. The chances that you will earn the equivalent to what you are earning in Nigeria is slim. You have to start all over again as no country is going to hire you over their own nationals.

2. People approaching 50 and above. I was insulted some time ago whenI stated that if you must Japa abroad, you should do it when you are young. While there are quite a few over 40s who have been able to re-establish themselves, there many more who have struggled to get back on their feet. The job market is a young person's market.

3. Politicians. These category of people make too much money to desire to move to another country. The system in Nigeria was designed to cater to their very whelms.

4. Small scale/large scale business men. If you have a thriving business, it doesn't make sense abandoning your business just to start over in another country. Don't get me wrong, there are many countries are looking for business men to invest in their economy. In the UK, they fall under the category of investor visas.

If you are a Senior Lawyer, Bank Manager, Senior Surgeon, Senior Chartered Accountant, you are most likely at the peak of your profession in Nigeria and very likely earning a decent amount of money that places you in the elite. It makes no sense for these category of people to emigrate and start all over again.

There you have it. Everybody else has the right to leave the country as it's not working but it doesn't make sense for the above-mentioned class of people to JAPA abroad (at least, outside Africa) as they have a lot to lose.

There different types of ''Japa''.
Anybody can still 'japa' if you are going through the job/employment route. What is dangerous is to just resign and relocate without any sure plan or guarantee for employment overseas
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Cmeo(m): 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2023
To be honest japa is for those at the bottom of the pyramid but it is unfortunate that the cost involved now is beyond those category reach.

Best thing let's stay back and develop Nigeria without leaving everything in the hands of corrupt leaders within our system while we should also double efforts to sacrifice and be productive
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Dancebreaker: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2023
Fiscus105:
You forget that many of these people approaching or more than 50 have little or nothing to fall back on wen they finally retired, and they fear they may end up doing gateman or watchman after retirement.

A top surgeon earning a million naira in Nigeria, where as, his far far junior, a fresh university graduate would be earning, x5 of his earnings in abroad.

It's only politians that are connected to corridor of power, that I can give 100% backing in ur list.

Meanwhile, some even japa basically because of their children, the atmosphere of naija today not good enough to bring up children. We are in jungle if not dungeon.

Oga, go to interland and do findings.
Most of politicians' grandkids and kids study abroad or even based abroad.
Some have used money to secure Caribbean passports that allow them travel visa free worldwide.

Even rich men in 9ja, many still kpeme before being rushed abroad in emergency.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by planetx: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2023
Dumb Nigerians spending N15 million and above to go study in some mushroom UK university that even state universities in Nigeria are better than, just to brag they are in oyinbo country.

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by BarrElChapo(m): 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
ednut1:
Remove senior chartered account. KPMG, PWC, EY,BDO, and the other audit firms are filled with Nigerian accountants who were hired directly from Nigeria. People wey dey collect 400 to 600k monthly in Nigerian audit firms enter Uk to collect 46k to 65k pounds per year. Which starting all over be that

You are earning well but you dont have peace of mind, your company or business is suffering from trial and error govt policies, health care is shitty. Why do you think they wont japa

Thank you cos when I read that well paying job I laughed.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by planetx: 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2023
kingsways:
Am not so sure

Some of these people you say are doing well maybe earn + or - N1m a month.

If you earn N1million a month in Nigeria, some might say you are earning a decent salary but that's just a paltry 1,000 Dollars and way too small for a professional at the peak of his career
N1 million is a yearly rent in Nigeria, while $1000 can barely cover your monthly rent in the US,UK or Canada so they are not the same.

6 Likes

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Benoxvals(m): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
gforce5:
I noticed a thread on[b]"10 sets of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK".[/b] I found it interesting and decided to create my own version. I am an immigration lawyer who just came back from an IBA (International Bar Association) Conference. As a member of the immigration committee, we discuss immigration issues. Immigration is as old as time and inevitable. I don't have issues with Nigerians emigrating for "greener pastures" after all, I did the same thing as a teenager thanks to my folks and encourage many others to do so. What I do have a problem with are the categories of people emigrating abroad to start all over. The list is as follows:

There you have it. Everybody else has the right to leave the country as it's not working but it doesn't make sense for the above-mentioned class of people to JAPA abroad (at least, outside Africa) as they have a lot to lose.

Japa(ing) is not all about making money abroad..
So many rich people Japa to live a good life in sane society..
Life holds no value in ur country.

Until one clocks 60,they can still Japa and rewrite their story.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Karlifate: 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
gforce5:

LMAO! 🀣

Wetin be "middle class"

As far as Nigeria is concerned, you're either rich or you're poor. πŸ‘Œ

2 Likes

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by nedekid: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2023
My paddy that japa to Canada recently, my age mate, just 2 months older, the stunchest apc, buhari and recently Tinubu man. Infact during the time of buharis first term, he almost punched me ontop buhari matter.
After the desaster of that administration and how it devastated him, him no learn lesson. He started on Emilokan level. Tinubu this, Lagos that etc. On his fb page nko? Obi this, Atiku that, PDP criminal, Obi is Usless etc, just as he did ontop Jonathan matter.
Omo, I shocked to see say the guy don japa to Canada few weeks ago with his family at age 50! Omo, on questioning, he said him no see future for him family for Naija again! Lolz
So he de plan japa, follow implant the apc desaster yet japa, left his fellow "guymen" mannabbq, helinues etc here for Naija to be struggling 30k bmc?
Anyway, it means japa at over 50 fit no bad at all. As some will say, it is for the kids.
Me, e get the kine pepe I go see, me sef go japa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Karlifate: 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
uuzba:

I worked in one fabrication firm some time back.
The oga used to go to US...
then come back....
I asked him why he's coming back at all if he can go there.
He said, he can't abandon his fabrication business here in Nigeria.
Besides, he goes to US to go and buy diesel generators that oyibo are not using, since they always have light.
.. bring it back here, convert to 240V and sell. And he's ok with that.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Yoighaman(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
Offpoint1:
grin You don see any big man wey wan japa? na we the poor masses wan JAPA. Richmen na vacation dem dey go, highest 1 month, I know some wey no fit spend 2 weeks outside Nigeria.

Japa is for broke or average people.

Nothing go make me wan japa leave my papa land, land of many wereys, land of cruise, land of fun, land of better food, land of women with big bakasi. Land wey if your maggi finish you fit knock neigbor door borrow, land wey I fit comot my prick piss beside person car grin, land of freedom.

Naija na dey best country for this world, Nigerians no get wahala and dem dey look out for each other.

NAIJA FOR LIFE

smiley See as I dey laff as I dey read your write-up cheesy

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Noblemanonpoint: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
kingsways:
Am not so sure

Some of these people you say are doing well maybe earn + or - N1m a month.

If you earn N1million a month in Nigeria, some might say you are earning a decent salary but that's just a paltry 1,000 Dollars and way too small for a professional at the peak of his career

Most people abroad can't afford that Paltry 1,000. They usually have bills to pay.

Imagine someone earning 3,000 dollars per month, he pays rent of 1,500 dollars every month and that's just rent. Phone bills, utility and other exp are still there.

Most people abroad don't have 2 million naira just laying about in their account. They buy most of the things you see on them on credit. It's a system where its hard to be rich.

The only benefit is the system and enviroment. If Nigeria's economy was better, no one would think of leaving.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by JudasNaKarrot: 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2023
True talk sha!

Meanwhile, you take style dey advertise yourself too as immigration Lawyer...Lol
Afterall everybody dey hustle.

The hustler no dey ever go hungry. Never!

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Karlifate: 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
Alusiizizi:

So in summary, all the successful Nigerians should stay in Nigeria and losers/never-do-wells should japa? This actually sounds like a good idea to me, as this way, we can get rid of the surplus of idi0ts that this shithole has.

🀣🀣🀣

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine / US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Photo Of The Survivor Of The Trailer Accident In Ojuelegba Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.