Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) (47780 Views)

Man Shows The Outdoor Camp Occupied By Hundreds Of Nigerians In Dublin (video) / List Of Nigerians Who Own Private Jets / JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by CollectMoney: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2023
Offpoint1:
grin You don see any big man wey wan japa? na we the poor masses wan JAPA. Richmen na vacation dem dey go, highest 1 month, I know some wey no fit spend 2 weeks outside Nigeria.

Japa is for broke or average people.

Nothing go make me wan japa leave my papa land, land of many wereys, land of cruise, land of fun, land of better food, land of women with big bakasi. Land wey if your maggi finish you fit knock neigbor door borrow, land wey I fit comot my prick piss beside person car grin, land of freedom.

Naija na dey best country for this world, Nigerians no get wahala and dem dey look out for each other.

NAIJA FOR LIFE

When I remember Nigerian women and the ease with which you can get them, my love for Nigeria increases.

I hear say some people dey reach months or years for Abroad, and no sex, because white women hard to approach. Say Konji wan kill some people. grin
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by nearline(m): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2023
gforce5:
P.S., as previously stated, I am not against JAPA. In fact, the middle class and the working class have every right to JAPA. Nigeria is not working for them. What I am against, are those who are doing extremely well in Nigeria and decided to leave their jobs, sell their assets, properties and close their business in the name of emigrating abroad for "greener pastures". It is better for these people to secure a second passport via citizenship by investment. With a second passport, they can travel out of the country whenever they want. Always consult an immigration lawyer before making hasty decisions.
Exactly!!! Nice point!!! 👌🏾
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Solababa91(m): 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2023
I was quite shocked when one of my Boss who have reached the peak of his career (infact just a few years to retirement) decided to muuuuve. Pondering on why he took the decision, his response was that he wants a better life for his children, hearing this I became speechless as the old man was right after all. So OP what you wrote up there is not totally right.

2 Likes

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by KingLion007(m): 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2023
peterpiiro:
You are so on point. As long as you are earning very well here in Nigeria, there is no need relocating abroad. At best, you could go for vacations and come back.
big earners starts from what, let me know my fate now abeg.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Web2020: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2023
ednut1:
Remove senior chartered account. KPMG, PWC, EY,BDO, and the other audit firms are filled with Nigerian accountants who were hired directly from Nigeria. People wey dey collect 400 to 600k monthly in Nigerian audit firms enter Uk to collect 46k to 65k pounds per year. Which starting all over be that

You are earning well but you dont have peace of mind, your company or business is suffering from trial and error govt policies, and health care is shitty. Why do you think they won't japa
Your analysis is deceitful. Can't you tell them how much you would be paying for your house rent in a year. A three-bed flat or house would cost a minimum of £1200 per month. £14,400 per an um. Electricity and gas £2800, water will cost you £1000 per year, council tax £2500 per year, tax from the salary would take up to £10,000, telephone, internet plan etc would take more. At the end of the year, you may be strongly to have £1000 in your account. Unless you want to leave like a slave.

3 Likes

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Sijo01(f): 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
Japaing @50 and above isn't a bad thing. As long as the person is Japaing with his/her dependants.

Securing the children's future is a goal.

2 Likes

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by VULCAN(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2023
You tried but all this is based on a faulty assumption that people are japaing because of money only.

That's a poorly thought out narrative.

Many leave because they want their children to have a global platform.

Some leave because they want a second passport.

Some leave because they see racism as easier to manage than tribalism

Some want a change of environment due to a very traumatic event.

There are so many reasons.

And your description of a 50yr old is rather myopic.

Colonel Sanders founded KFC at 65 as a break retiree.

Show me any successful business founded by a broke 65yr old in Nigeria.

gforce5:
I noticed a thread on[b]"10 sets of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK".[/b] I found it interesting and decided to create my own version. I am an immigration lawyer who just came back from an IBA (International Bar Association) Conference. As a member of the immigration committee, we discuss immigration issues. Immigration is as old as time and inevitable. I don't have issues with Nigerians emigrating for "greener pastures" after all, I did the same thing as a teenager thanks to my folks and encourage many others to do so. What I do have a problem with are the categories of people emigrating abroad to start all over. The list is as follows:

1. Big earners/those who are at the top of their career: It doesn't make sense for someone who earns millions a month to abandon that in the name of JAPA. The chances that you will earn the equivalent to what you are earning in Nigeria is slim. You have to start all over again as no country is going to hire you over their own nationals.

2. People approaching 50 and above. I was insulted some time ago whenI stated that if you must Japa abroad, you should do it when you are young. While there are quite a few over 40s who have been able to re-establish themselves, there many more who have struggled to get back on their feet. The job market is a young person's market.

3. Politicians. These category of people make too much money to desire to move to another country. The system in Nigeria was designed to cater to their very whelms.

4. Small scale/large scale business men. If you have a thriving business, it doesn't make sense abandoning your business just to start over in another country. Don't get me wrong, there are many countries are looking for business men to invest in their economy. In the UK, they fall under the category of investor visas.

If you are a Senior Lawyer, Bank Manager, Senior Surgeon, Senior Chartered Accountant, you are most likely at the peak of your profession in Nigeria and very likely earning a decent amount of money that places you in the elite. It makes no sense for these category of people to emigrate and start all over again.

There you have it. Everybody else has the right to leave the country as it's not working but it doesn't make sense for the above-mentioned class of people to JAPA abroad (at least, outside Africa) as they have a lot to lose.

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Web2020: 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
VULCAN:
You tried but all this is based on a faulty assumption that people are japaing because of money only.

That's a poorly thought out narrative.

Many leave because they want their children to have a global platform.

Some leave because they want a second passport.

Some leave because they see racism as easier to manage than tribalism

Some want a change of environment due to a very traumatic event.

There are so many reasons.

And your description of a 50yr old is rather myopic.

Colonel Sanders founded KFC at 65 as a break retiree.

Show me any successful business founded by a broke 65yr old in Nigeria.

You try in your comparison, but was Colonel Sanders doing care job or factory work at 65. I can tell you that 70% of the people leaving Nigeria to the UK end up doing care, security and factory work. Only 20% are lucky.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by franchasofficia: 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2023
gforce5:
I noticed a thread on[b]"10 sets of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK".[/b] I found it interesting and decided to create my own version. I am an immigration lawyer who just came back from an IBA (International Bar Association) Conference. As a member of the immigration committee, we discuss immigration issues. Immigration is as old as time and inevitable. I don't have issues with Nigerians emigrating for "greener pastures" after all, I did the same thing as a teenager thanks to my folks and encourage many others to do so. What I do have a problem with are the categories of people emigrating abroad to start all over. The list is as follows:

1. Big earners/those who are at the top of their career: It doesn't make sense for someone who earns millions a month to abandon that in the name of JAPA. The chances that you will earn the equivalent to what you are earning in Nigeria is slim. You have to start all over again as no country is going to hire you over their own nationals.

2. People approaching 50 and above. I was insulted some time ago whenI stated that if you must Japa abroad, you should do it when you are young. While there are quite a few over 40s who have been able to re-establish themselves, there many more who have struggled to get back on their feet. The job market is a young person's market.

3. Politicians. These category of people make too much money to desire to move to another country. The system in Nigeria was designed to cater to their very whelms.

4. Small scale/large scale business men. If you have a thriving business, it doesn't make sense abandoning your business just to start over in another country. Don't get me wrong, there are many countries are looking for business men to invest in their economy. In the UK, they fall under the category of investor visas.

If you are a Senior Lawyer, Bank Manager, Senior Surgeon, Senior Chartered Accountant, you are most likely at the peak of your profession in Nigeria and very likely earning a decent amount of money that places you in the elite. It makes no sense for these category of people to emigrate and start all over again.

There you have it. Everybody else has the right to leave the country as it's not working but it doesn't make sense for the above-mentioned class of people to JAPA abroad (at least, outside Africa) as they have a lot to lose.
What about those of us into drug trafficking like President Tinubu? Will it favor us? I need to know because it seems before someone can become a big politician in Nigeria, he must satisfy the conditions below:

1.) Must have lived abroad for some years and returned back to Nigeria

2.) Must have been into one crime or another like drug trafficking, wire wire fraud, dollar round-tipping, oil bunkering, etc

3.) Must become a philanthropist that help Nigerians

4.) Must forge some of his educational certificates

I am asking because I have the ambition of becoming a big politician in Nigeria, please reply me fast sad

2 Likes

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Itiskdg121(m): 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
You think all is about making money in Life. Think again bro.

When I can travel in peace, work and eat in peace. If you can't think of "Peace of Mind" then why struggling?
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Teenaira: 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
UK is not among Japa destinations

UK is Nigeria phase 2

Its like someone staying in Ikorodu and claiming he resides in Lagos

Haba, wetin Ikorodu people do you nah. Ikorodu na better place o. It is only if you are in the interior Ikorodu villages that you might have mobility issue.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Exceed15: 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2023
peterpiiro:
You are so on point. As long as you are earning very well here in Nigeria, there is no need relocating abroad. At best, you could go for vacations and come back.

But how many are earning so well in Nigeria?
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Beolly(m): 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

UK is Nigeria phase 2

But Nigerians in UK are not resorting to yahoo and hook up to earn a living in the UK or are they?
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by spiralwedge(m): 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
Absolutely spot on. I agree totally.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Offpoint1: 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2023
CollectMoney:

When I remember Nigerian women and the ease with which you can get them, my love for Nigeria increases.

I hear say some people dey reach months or years for Abroad, and no sex, because white women hard to approach. Say Konji wan kill some people. grin
😂 Na soapy be white women food naw
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by laiperi: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2023
Discussion with Japajantis is a waste of time. Despite reasonable advice here someone pointed to Col. Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken at 65!

Another loser used "good education" while another hung on global outlook.

Who took African educational needs into consideration or your culture into global outlook? None of you realize you've turned the generation of your children against yourselves. They are lost into strange cultures for ever. No respect or regard for you or your culture.

At the end of their training into modern slavery, they become underemployed at best; caretaker, security or factory workers to support their families.

Most are to ashamed to tell you they are suffering and smiling as Second class migrants even after buying investors visa.

Laslas you end up as money launderers. Stealing coal from Enugu to Newcascle.

Stop wasting time explaining to dare devils. Do you think those facing Asma Boys in the desert or death penalty are not aware of their risks?

2 Likes

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by javaguru: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2023
Any who can afford leaving this country now is probably doing well
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by ednut1(m): 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
Web2020:
Your analysis is deceitful. Can't you tell them how much you would be paying for your house rent in a year. A three-bed flat or house would cost a minimum of £1200 per month. £14,400 per an um. Electricity and gas £2800, water will cost you £1000 per year, council tax £2500 per year, tax from the salary would take up to £10,000, telephone, internet plan etc would take more. At the end of the year, you may be strongly to have £1000 in your account. Unless you want to leave like a slave.
46k after tax is 35,000 lets use your calculations. How many of them were saving 10 to 13m while in Nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by vickydevoka(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2023
Offpoint1:
grin You don see any big man wey wan japa? na we the poor masses wan JAPA. Richmen na vacation dem dey go, highest 1 month, I know some wey no fit spend 2 weeks outside Nigeria.

Nothing go make me wan japa leave my papa land, land of many wereys, land of cruise, land of fun, land of better food, land of women with big bakasi. Land wey if your maggi finish you fit knock neigbor door borrow, land wey I fit comot my prick piss beside person car grin, land of freedom.

Naija na dey best country for this world, Nigerians no get wahala and dem dey look out for each other.

NAIJA FOR LIFE
Poor man oya japa. Na just 10 million en go cost u
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Beolly(m): 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2023
planetx:
Dumb Nigerians spending N15 million and above to go study in some mushroom UK university that even state universities in Nigeria are better than, just to brag they are in oyinbo country.
That 15 million can become worthless in few years to come going by the reality in this country.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by gigfx: 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2023
In the 70's my dad travelled to the USA for a program, after that program he wanted to come back to Nigeria, the family he stayed with are begging him not to come back, but my dad did not listen.

Comparing the USA economy to Nigeria economy then na like same if not Nigeria even better. Because according to him with the little money he travelled with he was able to even feed the family for 4 weeks.

Coming down to the present, he regretted not staying back then. In this modern world, please don't rely on just one single citizen of one con3, if for nothing do it for your children.

I know many companies MDs that relocate abroad. Not for no simple reason but for so many reasons.

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Beolly(m): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2023
Noblemanonpoint:

Most people abroad can't afford that Paltry 1,000. They usually have bills to pay.

Imagine someone earning 3,000 dollars per month, he pays rent of 1,500 dollars every month and that's just rent. Phone bills, utility and other exp are still there.

Most people abroad don't have 2 million naira just laying about in their account. They buy most of the things you see on them on credit. It's a system where its hard to be rich.

The only benefit is the system and enviroment. If Nigeria's economy was better, no one would think of leaving.

As long as they don't resort to yahoo and hook up to survive over their it's fine.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2023
Nicoddemus:
No body should listen to op o. His japa money is almost complete grin

Op is advising us so crowed go reduce for US embasy so him go have less stress while going there for Interviews. cheesy grin
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by madjune(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2023
Pls Nairaland, you people should stop this boring Japa threads. Of what use is it really?
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by tshtsh: 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
Offpoint1:

NAIJA FOR LIFE
Haha that's what one Prof I know use to say. Today he is retired on a less than $500 a month pension and struggling. Just thank God for what you have and leave this pride talk. People change their location for different reasons and has nothing to do with broke or not being broke.
My friend Yusuf left NNPC to go work at Lloyd's registers in Scotland. Later he moved to Saudi to work as an engineer in Aramco. He has paid up his mortgage in UK and is making good cash. By your standard Yusuf was broke and not doing well in Nigeria.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Basher8583: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
Darkandhandsom:
I go japa. Your papa

Olodo. The OP is not referring to people in your broke ass category.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by sharpman1(m): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2023
gforce5:

I don't know about the UK but this your list does not apply to the United States of America (USA).

Numbers 1, 2 & 4 will generally do better and earn more if they migrate legally to the US than staying in Nigeria. Only number 3 (politicians) are better off staying in Nigeria because the only way they know how to make money is through connections and stealing public funds.

All the others will make more money and live better if they have the opportunity or can migrate and work legally.
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by TemmyT002(m): 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2023
Most rich people are japaing not because they don't have enough money but because of other stuffs.
Police wahala
Terrible health cover
Etc
Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Banbanna(m): 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2023
This just one thing I find oddly funny about Lagos. I sometimes hear lagosians say they're going to Lagos as if they're not already inside Lagos. Why not just simply call the exact name of the place for clarity sake & to avoid confusion
CoronaVirusPro:

UK is Nigeria phase 2

Re: Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) by Offpoint1: 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
vickydevoka:

Poor man oya japa. Na just 10 million en go cost u
If you like give me 100b I no go anywhere, no place like home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Photo Of The Survivor Of The Trailer Accident In Ojuelegba Yesterday / Nigerian Navy Rescues Ghanaian Fishermen In The Ocean Near Dangote Port, Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.