Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,375 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead (34323 Views)

Netanyahu Gives Mossad Orders To Kill Hamas Leaders ‘wherever They Are’( Video) / Israel Resumes Water Supply To Southern Gaza After U.S. Pressure / Thousands Of Palestinians Flee North Gaza After Israel's Evacuation Warning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:35am On Nov 07, 2023
Israeli Prime Minister, Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead

November 6, 2023
Photo Credit: Menahem Kahana / AFP - Getty Images

The Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, has given a condition for a ceasefire in war-torn Gaza.

He stated that Israel would not agree to any ceasefire activity in the Gaza war without the return of the hostages.

Netanyahu said this during a visit to the Ramon Air Force base in southern Israel, as he explained that he was delivering the message both to the country’s allies and enemies.

"I also want you to know that there is one thing that we will not do – there will be no ceasefire without the return of the captives," Netanyahu told the pilots according to The Jerusalem Post. "The very idea of doing that has to be removed from the conversation," he added.

"We (are saying) this to both our enemies and our friends. We will continue (the battle) until we have defeated them (our enemy). We have no alternative. I think today everyone understands that" The Jerusalem Post quoted him as saying.

The health ministry in the Hamas-run Gaza Strip said Sunday that at least 9,770 people had been killed in the Palestinian territory since the war with Israel erupted last month.

The ministry said at least 4,800 children were among those killed since Israel began striking the Gaza Strip in retaliation to the October 7 attacks carried out by Hamas militants in southern Israel, which Israeli officials said killed over 1,400, most of them civilians, AFP reports.

The latest information brings the death toll on both sides to 11,187.

Also, Pope Francis said on Sunday that he "begs" in God’s name for a ceasefire in the Israeli-Hamas war.

"I continue to think about the serious situation in Palestine and in Israel where many, many people have lost their lives. In God's name, I beg you to stop; cease using weapons!” the pope said on X, formerly Twitter, via @Pontifex.

"I hope that avenues will be pursued so that an escalation of the conflict might be absolutely avoided," Francis said, adding "Let the hostages be freed immediately. Let’s think of the children, of all the children affected by this war, as well as in Ukraine and by other conflicts: this is how their future is being killed. Let us pray that there might be the strength to say, 'enough.'

More than 300 Americans, United States residents and their families have been evacuated from the Gaza Strip, the White House said on Sunday.

The evacuation, carried out in recent days, was the result of "pretty intensive negotiations with all sides relevant to this conflict," White House Deputy National Security Advisor Jonathan Finer told CBS News.

Despite these efforts, the US believes there are still "a number" of Americans inside Gaza, he added.

"This is obviously a major priority and one that we're going to continue to work out until every American who wants to leave is able to do so," Finer said.

AFP reports that the Rafah border crossing from Gaza to Egypt opened up Wednesday after weeks of war, allowing a trickle of wounded Palestinians and people with dual nationality to leave, all desperate to escape Israel’s bombardment.

SaharaReporters

The Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, has given a condition for a ceasefire in war-torn Gaza.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by Chepos1(m): 4:54am On Nov 07, 2023
That's serious.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by FreeStuffsNG: 5:02am On Nov 07, 2023
He is in a world of his own and talking to himself when the ground has shifted under his feet wink

11,000 souls perished, mostly defencelss babies, children and women, at his order and he still thinks anyone is listening to him after he has been told to stop the killings yet he refused. Smh

It's already a month of continous day and night full scale air and land bombarding, draining military stockpiles yet no victory and he is being drawn into a long war with increasing isolation of his people in a global village with most of the major international flights in and out of his natural-resource poor but tourism-rich tiny nation of about 7 million people cancelled, Isreal citizens he ordered to leave Southern Israel yet to return to their houses, schools closed, Hezbollah striking and disrupting lives in Northern Israel etc. There's something he is not telling himself, he is winning a battle not the war. He is acting more like a politician who is thinking of winning the next election, he is not a war strategist.

US is supplying both Ukraine and Israel with arms largely built from supplies from China,
Indonesia and Russia, these 3 countries that dominate the supply chains of the materials used in manufacturing arms have placed controls on supply. They will draw him into a long war like Ukraine and drain him like Zelensky until they will now hit back at him.

Unfortunately, it will be from within his own people who will realise the futility in his strategy. Hamas is supposed to be a 5,000 to 15,000 brigade, it's strange that despite repeated Isreal's bombings, air strikes, tanks, hundreds of thousands of Isreal soldiers etc, for a whole month, IDF still cannot pronounce victory yet the Hamas are not ghosts.

When I watched the release of the two elderly women hostages last week, I saw the Hamas fighters, how they were so confident as they courtesied the elderly women with no haste or pressure that I kept wondering if these are people in same Gaza Isreal has been bombing for weeks. So who are the Isreal politicians like Mr Netanyahu deceiving? Certainly,I am not among those he is deceiving. Isreal has more problems with those making laws for it sef.Check my signature for free stuffs!

81 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by Catapault: 5:03am On Nov 07, 2023
What if their airstrikes have killed the hostages?

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by EyeCumInPeace: 5:08am On Nov 07, 2023
Look at that shameless hypocrite Hamas Terrorists supporter up there, FreeStuffs.
Condemning IPOB, but turn round to support Hamas that has committed far more mass killings and atrocities against innocent civilians.

368 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by Whalis: 5:09am On Nov 07, 2023
This has been my position. Free the hostages. If this doesn't happen Israel will use Gaza as burrow pits.

225 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by FreeStuffsNG: 5:24am On Nov 07, 2023
Whalis:
This has been my position. Free the hostages. If this doesn't happen Israel will use Gaza as burrow pits.
They already destroyed Gaza but found nothing.

Netanyahu is talking like a politician not like a military strategist. He has destroyed Gaza and it's so bad that even CNN now daily show the destruction like Al Jazeera. It's like they want him to keep on destroying Gaza to show the world.

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by SoNature(m): 5:39am On Nov 07, 2023
The ball is in the court of those terrorists who have decided that they will never live in peace with Israel.

Most times, the best way to discourage people from committing evil is by showing them that doing so has hefty consequences.

This is a lesson Israel has taught Hamas; I hope they learnt it.

229 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by huptin(m): 5:53am On Nov 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He is in a world of his own and talking to himself when the ground has shifted under him wink

It's already a month of continous bombarding, draining military stockpiles yet no victory and he is being drawn into a long war with increasing isolation of his people in a global village. There's something he is not telling himself, he is winning a battle not the war.

US is supplying both Ukraine and Israel with arms largely built from supplies from China,
Indonesia and Russia, these 3 countries that dominate the supply chains of the materials used in manufacturing arms have placed controls on supply. They will draw him into a long war like Ukraine and drain him until they will now hit back at him.

Unfortunately, it will be from within his own people who will see the futility in his strategy. Hamas is supposed to be a 15,000 brigade, it's strange that despite repeated bombings, air strikes, tanks etc, for a whole month, IDF still cannot pronounce victory.

When I watched the release of the two hostages last week, I saw the Hamas fighters, they are so confident that I kept wondering if these are people in same Gaza Isreal has been bombing for weeks. So who are the Isreal politicians deceiving?

Guy, all those things you wrote up there, do you really believe them? Wow...delusion can be an opium some times, sha. Isreal has already destroyed the whole of Gaza and you are talking of winning battles and not wars, of some delusional stockpiles of weapons getting finished?

Wow, i like your mindset...nothing in this world can shake you!

226 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by Kurumaru: 5:56am On Nov 07, 2023
MR BULLY, HOW ABOUT THEIR OWN CONDITIONS..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by southsouthking(m): 5:56am On Nov 07, 2023
A leader with balls.
If they refuse, then let's the invasion continue.
Hamas mind nor go touch ground.

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by EJEGBULEJE: 5:56am On Nov 07, 2023
What about you vacate the stolen Land of the Palestine??

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by RingRoadCartel: 5:56am On Nov 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He is in a world of his own and talking to himself when the ground has shifted under him wink

It's already a month of continous bombarding, draining military stockpiles yet no victory and he is being drawn into a long war with increasing isolation of his people in a global village. There's something he is not telling himself, he is winning a battle not the war.

Indonesia and Russia, these 3 countries that dominate the supply chains of the materials used in manufacturing arms have placed controls on supply. They will draw him into a long war like Ukraine and drain him until they will now hit back at him.

Unfortunately, it will be from within his own people who will see the futility in his strategy. Hamas is supposed to be a 15,000 brigade, it's strange that despite repeated bombings, air strikes, tanks etc, for a whole month, IDF still cannot pronounce victory.

When I watched the release of the two hostages last week, I saw the Hamas fighters, they are so confident that I kept wondering if these are people in same Gaza Isreal has been bombing for weeks. So who are the Isreal politicians deceiving? Check my signature for free stuffs!

This one is in a hot whirlwind romance with terrorism all because of APC 35k per month salary. So, the fact that Israel has agreed to a cease fire after numerous pleas from the rest of the world is now a victory for Hamas? 🤣

Lamentations of a defeated soul! Had Israel refused to listen and continued to shellack Palestine, you and the rest of your alawakuba boys will still come here to cry genocide. 🤣

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by MS2471: 5:57am On Nov 07, 2023
cool

Hamas and Netayahun playing with lives of women and children

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by Festinasic: 5:57am On Nov 07, 2023
They should return the hostages the

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by southsouthking(m): 5:57am On Nov 07, 2023
EJEGBULEJE:
What about you vacate the stolen Land of the Palestine??

Calm down bro, propaganda doesn't help.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by Fuckyoumod: 5:58am On Nov 07, 2023
Hopefully even if there is a ceasefire today, Gaza, Palestinians and Hamas have learnt a big lesson. They will think twice before firing a rocket after the ceasefire. Not because they believe in peace or want peace.
But because, the know the consequences and hefty price they will pay.

I love the good work done by bibi and his team. Gaza will never forget this war for generations to come.

Unfortunately, Islam is a religion of death and violence. So don't be surprise to see them attack again, they will provoke a new war again in few years from now.

Then Israel will start a new line of destruction and slaughtering again in Gaza.

It's a circle that never ends, read your bible.
No be today e start, it won't end with this. Maybe Lebanon might be next. Because Lebanon don they find Israel war since.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by adecz: 5:59am On Nov 07, 2023
undecided

👉Netanyahu is only towing this hard-line
to cover his failure for allowing such a
comprehensive and deadly attack from
Hammas without their Mossad intelligence
service getting wind of the planning..

He wants to save his career, but oyibo
don't take excuses, he is going to be removed
as PM when this war is over, quote me☝️☝️☝️

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by MrBachelor: 5:59am On Nov 07, 2023
As it should be.

2 Likes

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by mactoni91(m): 6:01am On Nov 07, 2023
Lol...

So, hand fit later touch these Religious extremists..?

Imagine Religious fanatics and their sympathisers crying and claiming victims of the war when they were actually the first to draw the battle line. Yes, Isreal and Palestine have been on loggerhead for years now with Isreal having to defend it's citizens from the constant Ariel attacks from Palestine.

The Palestinians discovered their Ariel attacks weren't effective, so the decided to lunch a ground attack.

After slaughtering over 1400 Isrealis in 1 day, were they thinking Isreal would clap for them or be scared of human rights abuses like other countries would do should they retaliate?

The moment Hamas slaughtered over 1400 Isrealis without considering the violation of the Isreali human rights was the day they signed up for human rights abuses on the Palestinians.

Isreal has always been on the defensive despite the assaults from Palestinians. Now, they decide to go offensive and religious sympathisers are foaming from their mouth.

If you ask me, It's a fair game on both sides.

Other Arab countries do not want to get involved in this war because they know Isreal has mastered the art of Ariel defense and was ready to retaliate decisively.

How do you even plan to win a country that invests so much in it's defenses. A country that made it mandatory for homes, schools, etc to have bomb shelters. A country that can easily intercept the enemy's rocket, identify the enemy's lunch position and retaliate with rains of missiles. If na Nuclear war, they're also game.

Even if Isreal ends the war today, stern messages has been passed to other surrounding Arab nations.

" Don't start what you don't want "
" You do not have the monopoly of violence "

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by Jahwinaboy(m): 6:05am On Nov 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

11,000 souls perished, mostly defencelss children and women, at his order and he still thinks anyone is listening to him after he has been told to stop the killings yet he refused. Smh

Unfortunately, it will be from within his own people who will see the futility in his strategy. Hamas is supposed to be a 5,000 to 15,000 brigade, it's strange that despite repeated bombings, air strikes, tanks, hundreds of thousands of Isreal soldiers etc, for a whole month, IDF still cannot pronounce victory.

When I watched the release of the two hostages last week, I saw the Hamas fighters, they are so confident that I kept wondering if these are people in same Gaza Isreal has been bombing for weeks. So who are the Isreal politicians deceiving? Check my signature for free stuffs!
Free stuffs indeed. Face it. If HAMAS wasn't clever to release the hostages earlier, sorry for them. The damage is done. Release of hostages would have shortened this war naturally. Now they have lost up to 11000 people, neighborhoods leveled and possibly will now be occupied by Isreali forces. You have put your people into seeking refuge now and your government(Hamas rule ) is being destroyed and uprooted. You automatically lost on all FRONTS

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by EJEGBULEJE: 6:05am On Nov 07, 2023
southsouthking:

Calm down bro, propaganda doesn't help.

What propaganda you talking about?? Everyone knows The Zionist stole the Land.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by Freelancer2020(m): 6:05am On Nov 07, 2023
Stupid man, so your idf can't go in and free them?, Maybe you guys have even bomb them all, who knows?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by AyomideOG01: 6:05am On Nov 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

11,000 souls perished, mostly defencelss children and women, at his order and he still thinks anyone is listening to him after he has been told to stop the killings yet he refused. Smh

Unfortunately, it will be from within his own people who will see the futility in his strategy. Hamas is supposed to be a 5,000 to 15,000 brigade, it's strange that despite repeated bombings, air strikes, tanks, hundreds of thousands of Isreal soldiers etc, for a whole month, IDF still cannot pronounce victory.

Look at this disgusting terrorist sympathizer

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by Blackdisciple(m): 6:07am On Nov 07, 2023
Let the hostages be freed so there will be a cease fire and I hoped they will not hold some of them back.

After the cease fire Israel will need to know that their enemies are not sleeping Hamaz and the rest of them, they will still regroup and they will want to strike again just as stupid as they are for sure they will want to again.

17 Likes

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by nony43(m): 6:07am On Nov 07, 2023
The terrorist are still sending rockets.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by ecolime(m): 6:07am On Nov 07, 2023
#Justice4Israel

20 Likes

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by 4tomandchi: 6:07am On Nov 07, 2023
Whenever there’s war women and children suffer the most. What we need in the world is peace.

God please heal the world.
Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by Benekkk: 6:08am On Nov 07, 2023
Some countries value the lives of their citizens. If you want peace you must pursue it in your dealings with others. Do anyhow, see anyhow!
The leaders of Hamas are living in luxury outside Gaza while using other people and their children as human shields.
They launch missile strikes and prompt the fake UN to pressure Israel not to retaliate (how absurd and funny?)

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by oliverano: 6:09am On Nov 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Aiit; Death to ALL terrorist!!!

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Netanyahu Gives Condition For Ceasefire In Gaza After 11,000 Dead by efeteb: 6:09am On Nov 07, 2023
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Iran Seizes UAE Ship For Violating Its Waters & Killing Two Fishermen / Ben Wallace: Russia Running Out Of Weapons, Can Be Defeated By Ukraine / Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.