Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! (49540 Views)

Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / Man Who Had Neurofibroma Smiles After Surgery To Remove Huge Tumor On His Face / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Bimpe29: 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2023
Why has it been practically difficult for us to always be proactive or effectively reactive in our day to day affairs?

No wonder Ajero of NLC was reported to be flown abroad for his treatment but what about over 100 millions poor Nigerians who can't afford the safe and effective medicare abroad?
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by drpompay(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
The hatred for doctors by Nigerians is appalling.

Cases of gossypiboma exist everywhere, and research shows that incidence is low in Nigeria (despite the poor state of health facilities and renumeration of the doctors) compared to other countries. Fact is, with better funding, proper equipping of health facilities, training and retraining of staffs, better renumeration, optimal staffing of health facilities etc, we can bet that incidence of gossypiboma will be close to 0 in Nigeria

See some research below

https://pssjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13037-017-0140-2

https://www.dovepress.com/abdominal-intraluminal-gossypiboma-demographics-predictors-of-intralum-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-CEG
How many retained surgical foreign bodies occur in the US annually?
Approximately 1,500 cases of RFB occur annually in the United States [1]. RFBs undergo two types of foreign body reaction [3]: The first is an aseptic fibrinous response, resulting in formation of a granuloma, which can then undergo calcification and decomposition

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2833312/
The incidence of gossypiboma has been reported as high as 1 in 1000 to 15,000 intraabdominal operations

There are many more.

Yet for 2 or 3 cases in Nigeria despite the bad theatre lighting, poor theatre facilities, poor staff training and retraining, shortage of manpower, poor pay, poor financial capacity of patient to pay for surgeries (the pay for surgeries in Nigeria is one of the cheapest in the world even without a good functioning health insurance scheme) etc, Nigerians demonise their best.

All Nigerians do is demonise doctors, no wonder they (doctors) will continue to abandon the country.
These same people that demonise doctors will shout hosanna to their thievery politicians.

Shame.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2023
Picardor2:

Pay them well and see whether they will forget anything in anybody. I don't like what I hate. Una want the best from ppl u don't pay well. God punish wicked.
Are you being serious right now? So are you saying these are deliberate acts? Were you forced into the profession? Listen to yourself. So just because "they are not paid well", that's a valid reason to jeopardize people's life? If being a doctor doesn't favor you, leave the job then.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Fulgur: 9:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

Lol ..U have shifted goal post again.......all I said is this happens everywhere and made an example
.....u brought up frequency of occurrence because u were trying to create an alarming scenario about this

And I asked ... Baba...what is the frequency of occurrence in nigeria....but all u have is insults.... U are free to continue with the insults ..I am not bothered by it

So as it happens in Canada it ought to be acceptable in Nigeria. This is summary of your post.

Pathetic!
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

Bros....the fact that it happens everywhere even in so called saner climes proves my earlier point ...doctors are prone to errors... It's not a Nigerian thing.... There is no practice delivered by humans that's not error-prone

It must just be minimal...I keep seeing comment like ..they are professional, why are they trained...it's only in Nigeria...errors should never happen....
okay ooo....in Nigeria where doctors finish surgery with torchlight?? Where medical staff have never been in the standard ratio to the number of populace..okay ooo....
Well this is Nigeria and everything is phucked up as it is...but I see this thing as more of ineptitude and less of those listed factors (excuses). It's your field, everyone expect you to be good at this thing. What this means is that even if they find themselves in places where the Nigerian factor is not a thing they'll still fumble...you said it happens where things work too right? Yeah, it's plain incompetence.

No profession is error free, but when those errors are starting to get too many attention, then it calls for concern. Especially in a field like this one.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 9:16pm On Nov 07, 2023
Fulgur:

So as it happens in Canada it ought to be acceptable in Nigeria. This is summary of your post.

Pathetic!

That's not the summary...but u are free to reach whatever conclusion u like.. cool
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Illegal1(m): 9:20pm On Nov 07, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Really better punishment should be meted out on them

And the way they act as if they are God is second to non
That is how they almost killed my elder sister during when she was about to put to bed

We lost the child
Almost about to lose my elder sister as well

Surgical operation gone wrong
Liquid of all kinds started coming out of my sister body through her nose continously

Very scary scene

omoh..........slawormiir we knw,who are u?
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by aQUINandmore: 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
wakabout:

Drop your WhatsApp number please
my WhatsApp number is on my signature
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by dontrulee: 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
Ekpekus:

Looks like you haven't worked in government hospitals... maybe na teaching hospital you dey..
Before you suture superficial layer, you can check for those materials, which is a routine and the standard of practice. However, some things can be missed (not intentionally) and this is what is bringing us this discussion.
Again, when you have 5 or more surgeries line up (aside emergencies), then you will understand the shortage of man power, which leads to burnout, fatigue and increased risk of this discussion.

Still not an excuse to be negligent.
Yes, I was actually working in a teaching hospital before I moved to a government hospital and I noticed there's no board to list the materials used for surgery.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by durodee(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
You have really tried. It IS difficult to reason with some people because they have a specific narrative in mind and all other point of view contrary to that do not make sense.
Most people commenting on this thread hate doctors as a whole, Nigerian doctors to be specific and if you are not part of that horde , then you too must be rabidly attacked.
It shall be well with my country, one day!

advanceDNA:

That's not the summary...but u are free to reach whatever conclusion u like.. cool
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by gentposh: 12:49am On Nov 08, 2023
goldenheart72:

Hello. Please do you have an idea of the cost of a single channel CCTV camera? Indoor use please

Where do you want to use it for ... And do you have a TV for the display already?
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Amount(m): 2:00am On Nov 08, 2023
gentposh:
Good Day house, pls I have a 32 channels DVR but I only installed 25 cameras.

How can I make the TV to only display those 25cams alone without showing the empty cameras on the screen

Depends on the manufacturer of the DVR
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by naijamerican: 2:56am On Nov 08, 2023
Angelfrost:
Let Nigerian doctors be abeg.

They are overworked and underpaid.

How much does you government budget for healthcare every year?!! Compare that to what they budget for their personal cars, houses, yachts, etc?!!!

In some public hospitals, surgeons are practically doing 5 surgeries within a short time frame under the most inhumane conditions...!

Maybe you don't know some surgeries are performed without electricity and adequate ventilators and ventilation.

You need to go out there and do some research! Then, you will see how rotten your nation is.

Barely 6 months in office, your president has already gone abroad for healthcare twice.

Even your Labor President has been flown abroad for mere punch in the face.

So, what exactly are you dragging the few hardworking doctors for?!!! Instead of pressing for better healthcare system and better remuneration and working conditions for your doctors.

You people should continue electing useless leaders, then turn around to wail like idiots.

Abeg don’t mind these stupid Africans. They support open criminality but want doctors to provide western style care on peanuts. I hope more doctors japa and all the terrible doctors remain. Useless people
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by goldenheart72: 8:36am On Nov 08, 2023
gentposh:

Where do you want to use it for ... And do you have a TV for the display already?

In my house. I will use the App for viewing it online on my phone
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by SouthSouth1914: 9:02am On Nov 08, 2023
lenghtinny:
Someone that doesn't know jack about medical law will come online and be yarning nonsense about clinical negligence just because they always want to pour their vile on Nigerian doctors.
Look at this OP talking about having countless friends and family that has suffered from clinical negligence but yet opt for nairaland instead of approaching the medical and dental practitioners disciplinary tribunal or a competent court of law which shows his claims holds no water....

Being a professional doesn't exempt one from being prone to errors which shows they are only human just like every other average Joe on the street....

Where it becomes a problem is when these errors occurs more often than normal. Cases of clinical negligence happen all over the world even in your so called developed countries.

This belief that whenever things go wrong in the hospital, the doctor should be held liable all the time needs to stop.

In the case of Hatcher vs Black, Lord Denning said " It would be wrong and indeed, bad law, to say that simply because a misadventure or mishap occurred, the hospital and the doctors are thereby liable. It would be disastrous to the community if it were so. It would mean that a doctor examining a patient, or a surgeon operating at a table instead of getting on with his work would forever be looking over his shoulders to see if somebody was coming up with a dagger."

All 4-5 members of the medical operation panel made the same mistakes? Then they are not professionals, or they are wicked and really want the lady dead. You are indeed a troubled individual for having such a non functional brain capacity.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by ceejay80s(m): 9:27am On Nov 08, 2023
Nahunger:
cool
Why do you think politicians go abroad to check for headaches and cough
Make Dem no forget scissors inside their brain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Nahunger(m): 10:12am On Nov 08, 2023
ceejay80s:

Make Dem no forget scissors inside their brain

Simple πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by gentposh: 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
goldenheart72:

In my house. I will use the App for viewing it online on my phone

Ok I'll give you the quotation today
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by lenghtinny(m): 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

All 4-5 members of the medical operation panel made the same mistakes? Then they are not professionals, or they are wicked and really want the lady dead. You are indeed a troubled individual for having such a non functional brain capacity.
You are the dunce here as you obviously don’t have the slightest clue about the intricacies of what goes on in an O.R angry

Maybe they should have added six more members to make it a complete football team since you think dealing with something as delicate as life is all about game of numbers πŸ€”

You realneed to stop trying so hard to make sense because you are not making any sense πŸ™„
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Blessograo(f): 12:23am On Nov 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

For example, if you have an appendicitis attack, and there is no time to fly abroad, you can follow the example of Leonid Ivanovich Rogzov and operate on yourself. Avoid all them evil Nigerian doctors.
I love you already

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Reasons Not To Wear A Thong / Doctor Edward Gbemudu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease / 6 Common Signs That You Are Not Eating Enough Protein (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.