Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! (49546 Views)

Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / Man Who Had Neurofibroma Smiles After Surgery To Remove Huge Tumor On His Face / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Chetas81(m): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
No horrible man can build a great nation, incompetent now become first priority
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Angelfrost(m): 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
soccerlite:

It will happen to you

The reason you stated above is the same reason they will give your people

It will happen to me?!! Abi, it has happened to me?!!

I have lost loved ones due to the issues mentioned above, so don't tell me crap.

The doctors have their blames, but the major issue is that the healthcare sector is decayed and almost gone!!!

Go round the local health centers in Nigeria... Leave your comfort zone and do some fvcking research... You'll understand better.

Yes, doctors and healthcare professionals should do better, but their working conditions have to improve!!! It is unacceptable.

I have bought fuel and other things to help doctors save lives in some communities and hospitals.

Many of you just come online to rant... You don't have any idea the level of shit you guys are in this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Kenmatt(m): 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
Maybe you are one of those unserious doctors. I have a sister that a bunch of bandage was forgotten in her stomach when she did a CS and another one, a scissors was forgotten in her stomach

Only you?

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Bluntemperor: 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2023
Tallesty1:
Chai... That is why doctors meticulously count and document their equipment before surgery and thoroughly crosscheck after the surgery to ensure nothing is missing.
So many factors could have contributed to this, such as potential carelessness on the doctor's part, the inherent complexity of the surgery, extreme fatigue resulting from overworking (more likely to be cause of this one) etc
This is a distressing and unacceptable way to lose a life wallahi.

You have sense,on your Suggestions,biko!
That is why Govt ( Federal and States) should motivate them well,in terms of good Remunerations ( Salary and Allowances) must be comparable to their Foreign Counterparts, otherwise, they easily Migrate( Japa)!
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Nicepoker(m): 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Really better punishment should be meted out on them

And the way they act as if they are God is second to non
That is how they almost killed my elder sister during when she was about to put to bed

We lost the child
Almost about to lose my elder sister as well

Surgical operation gone wrong
Liquid of all kinds started coming out of my sister body through her nose continously

Very scary scene
finally granted bail.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Angelfrost(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
Numerouno94:

My oga. It's bn a while. How is our club Leeds united doing? grin

Btw, I suspect u must b a doc or a medical personnel, because the way u dey vex for the op.

But on a serious note some docs in Nigeria re becoming nonchalant wit their duties, even the ones in private hospitals. U don't transfer ur aggression on patients because the government fails to do wat is right. If we all decides to b nonchalant wit our duties because of the failure of the government, I bet u, everyone will bear the brunt.

Bro, everyone is already bearing the brunt.

Look at your Police, Soldiers, Traffic wardens, Prison wardens, name them...! They are underpaid, stressed out, unhappy, and taking it out on those who cross their paths.

I have called out medical negligence on this platform severally... Last time a lady died because doctors refused to treat her without police report, I called for their sack and indictment.

But, we are missing the point!

The System is the issue here... It is rotten, poorly funded, poorly supervised and corrupt.

You have a Minister of Health, what does he do?!! Absolutely nothing!

You have health committees in the Senate, what do they do?!! Nothing!

You have annual budgets, what is the share of Health sector?!! From state to federal, peanuts!

I have gotten tired of blaming those at the level of professional conduct because they are supposed to be supervised, checked on, rewarded, staffed, etc... But, none of these happens.

Meanwhile.... Leeds is third on the Championship log, and they are doing great. At this rate, we will be back in the EPL alongside Leicester next season. cool
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Pootle: 12:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:
Baba calm down..... Which one is audacity to stich it up?? it's not intentional naaa... Doctors are humans too.... surgery can get messy and very long which makes them prone to mistakes... No vex

tissues socked in blood and looking like flesh am not supporting the act o, i agree with you human are pron to mistake that why you sign the life or death thing before any surgery sad
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by ponishah: 12:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
zedegit:
I want to use this medium to raise awareness of how Nigerian Doctors always forget one instrument or the other inside a patient stomach and have the audacity to stitch up after surgery.

While this trend continues is because nothing serious is done to forestall this wickedness.
This act of negligence should come with serious punishment like life imprisonment and closure of that hospital to make others to get sense.

I have lost countless relatives and friends due to this wickedness of Nigerian Doctors. That's why people hardly go to hospital except for serious issues because danger increases anytime anyone visits a hospital.
No yahoo doctors
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by cigaricon(m): 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kai! If I say Nigerians are the most ungrateful, most bitter and sadist people on earth now some people will come for my placenta. What about the countless successful surgery despite lack of resources, what about when they go to the extreme length just to save a life, what about the number of years they spend in school in order to acquire the knowledge to enable them treat your illnesses? How many of these have you appreciated? Doctors are humans too just like you and a prone to mistakes. See the way you are saying it like they do it intentionally, haba! cut them some
Slack abeg. Don't you make mistakes in your work too? Or is it only Nigerian doctors that mistakenly leave tools in their patients? What's even the statistical rate of this mistake self? It's very minimal. The Op even said he's lost COUNTLESS relatives. Make una dey fear God abeg. Maybe next time you have medical issues that requires surgery, you might as well do it yourself and avoid going to the doctors cos they will likely forget an instrument in your belly. Rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

This has got to be the most DUMBEST&ST00PEED post in the history of nairaland.

So because doctors are "human too" that gives them the right to toy with and destroy the lives of others?

It amazes me that a supposedly human being can type this

Toy with lives?? Lol....u can speak grammar
Go and look at WHO recommendation for ratio of one medical doctor to the population of a state .....Nigeria is a light years from that recommendation....

... If u think forgetting something in a patient's stomach is worse mistake doctors make... Then u don't know just how crazy the Nigerian medical practice is..

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
haybhi1:
Truth is it's an injurious practice but you can be guaranteed it's never preconceived.
First off, it's surgeons that get invasive with patients. Anyone else who does this on you isn't licensed by the MDCAN. Importantly also, it's not limited to Nigerian doctors. US doctors, UK doctors, any doctor doβ€”these news litter the net. It shouldn't be a case of generalization, witch-hunt, or stereotypes, before someone who can't even handle biology courses well will start going aboard, mouthing off slander and libel towards the noble profession. I see what training these people go through to become what you won't seize a slack to attack. Nigerian doctors are overworked. They literally dedicate all their life to serving you people, 7+ of rigorous medical school to make you just a baby doctor, 7+ years of dwelling in hospital with constant responsibilities for your actions, your licenses get withdrawn for any serious detectable mistake, yet one Emeka, who stays in Ikotun market selling used wears, just wants to abuse Nigerian doctors for the little rush of dopamine he'll burst...

If you like, keep on calling out Nigerian doctors. These people are toiling to give you health. Professor AbdulRahman separated conjoined twins in UITH the other day, swept under the rug. Tonnes of them I know with marvelous humanitarian contributions, yet too quick to be judged.

People like you are the problem of Nigeria.

So because Professor AbdulRahman separated conjoined twins in UITH the other day, that now gives the rest of the medical profesion to be killing Nigerians abi.

For your information, there is nothing special about doctors. They are not even the top priority professions in the world.

Who's business is it if it took donkey years to produce your DUMB baby doctor. Is is not even shameful that it took over 7+ years to produce a doctor who then goes to forget his instruments and other items in the body of his patients? Is that not a waste of 7+ years? Do you even know that Vetinary doctor is also 7+ years? Do you even know how many years and rigorous trainings it takes to produce an airline captain?

Imagine an aero plane pilot giving such flimsy excuses as forgetting his instruments. The life of one patient is in the hands of a doctor and he still manages to bungle it up like a fool that he is. do you even know that when a pilot is flying, hundreds of lives are in his hands and the pilot still lands safely without complaints. Put a doctor in a cockpit for an hour and see if he would not be crying for his own life.

We have security personnel putting their lives at risk to protect the MUMU doctors only for the MUMU doctor to be making silly mistakes by forgetting his instruments in the belly of his patients.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
soccerlite:

Why are you saying calm down

Prone to mistake you say

You will experience it, and they will tell your people they are prone to mistake

They make mistake all the time ...some are not fatal...some are .....

.like are said ..they are human...
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Angelfrost(m): 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
rapcy:

See thinking abeg

E get anybody wey force dem to work as doctor? So because they're underpaid that gives them liberty to act nonchalantly? I pray you or your loved ones never fall to such situation.

If them dey feel under paid they should sit at home. Dem no force them,

Indeed most of you don't even know the reality staring at you in the face.

Relax, when the reality of your nation hits, you will understand.

Let me give you a simple assignment first:

Leave your comfort zone, and visit public hospitals both within your state capital and local governments.

I don't support negligence, but there is no smoke without fire.

If NMA goes on strike indefinitely for these issues, people like you will still abuse them and call them insensitive.

Maybe, the entire Healthcare sector should be privatized... Let the owners of all the hospitals manage them and do proper oversight functions on them thoroughly. Maybe such things will stop.

Only problem will be that the same you people abusing doctors won't be able to see them at all then due to the incredibly high cost.

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Ikpunnegi01: 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:
Baba calm down..... Which one is audacity to stich it up?? it's not intentional naaa... Doctors are humans too.... surgery can get messy and very long which makes them prone to mistakes... No vex

This one na excuse abi na defense? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Angelfrost:
Let Nigerian doctors be abeg.

They are overworked and underpaid.

How much does you government budget for healthcare every year?!! Compare that to what they budget for their personal cars, houses, yachts, etc?!!!

In some public hospitals, surgeons are practically doing 5 surgeries within a short time frame under the most inhumane conditions...!

Maybe you don't know some surgeries are performed without electricity and adequate ventilators and ventilation.

You need to go out there and do some research! Then, you will see how rotten your nation is.

Barely 6 months in office, your president has already gone abroad for healthcare twice.

Even your Labor President has been flown abroad for mere punch in the face.

So, what exactly are you dragging the few hardworking doctors for?!!! Instead of pressing for better healthcare system and better remuneration and working conditions for your doctors.

You people should continue electing useless leaders, then turn around to wail like idiots.

No one forced you to be a doctor. If you know you can't do your job well, resign and go home instead of turning yourself into a murderer
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by StraightGaay: 1:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
gentposh:
Good Day house, pls I have a 32 channels DVR but I only installed 25 cameras.

How can I make the TV to only display those 25cams alone without showing the empty cameras on the screen
From the settings
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by cigaricon(m): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

People like you are the problem of Nigeria.

So because Professor AbdulRahman separated conjoined twins in UITH the other day, that now gives the rest of the medical profesion to be killing Nigerians abi.

For your information, there is nothing special about doctors. They are not even the top priority professions in the world.

Who's business is it if it took donkey years to produce your DUMB baby doctor. Is is not even shameful that it took over 7+ years to produce a doctor who then goes to forget his instruments and other items in the body of his patients? Is that not a waste of 7+ years? Do you even know that Vetinary doctor is also 7+ years? Do you even know how many years and rigorous trainings it takes to produce an airline captain?

Imagine an aero plane pilot giving such flimsy excuses as forgetting his instruments. The life of one patient is in the hands of a doctor and he still manages to bungle it up like a fool that he is. do you even know that when a pilot is flying, hundreds of lives are in his hands and the pilot still lands safely without complaints. Put a doctor in a cockpit for an hour and see if he would not be crying for his own life.

We have security personnel putting their lives at risk to protect the MUMU doctors only for the MUMU doctor to be making silly mistakes by forgetting his instruments in the belly of his patients.

You are the wisest person on earth. Please whenever you or any of your family members have medical complications, please don't go to the doctor. You can treat or operate on yourself cos like you said, Doctors are killing Nigerians. Mtcheew

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
Namaster:

Shut up!

It's the height of negligence. You are operating on a human being, not a china phone. It makes ZERO sense to forget things INSIDE a person.

The OP is merely calling for PUNISHMENT that's equal to the crime.

If a Doctor leaves something inside a patient, his/her license should be retracted. Hospital should be penalised and the Doctor should be sued and convicted for the heinous crime.

They should NEVER be allowed to touch a scalpel ever again.

Go to a hospital and see how nonchalant the doctors and nurses are. It's SUPER disgusting.

The only sensible people in a Nigerian hospital are the laboratory workers. The rest are mad. ALL of them.

Those who Japa dare NOT misbehave when they do so. Else, jail time.

Thank you so much for this reply.. Nigerians doctors are so MUMU. Imagine the nonsense that advanceDNA was saying.

cc: advanceDNA
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by correctguy101(m): 1:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
I've most times heard stories like this...

WTF... undecided

Are the doctors on some funny drugs or something?

Carelessness... Smh
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
yahoodetector:

A doctor who is prone to mistakes shouldn't be a doctor. He should work in the morgue as an embalmer

Lol....... All doctors are prone to mistakes.. and they do it through their careers..some are non-fatal, some are.....some don't even get detected as their fault......it doesn't mean they are not professionals or wicked....

.. Misdiagnosis happen when symptoms look similar.....it's a mistake...it's not intentional

They mis-prescribe when they misdiagnose and when they don't have good history of patients

..during surgery..poor sutures happens, forgetting things...They even sometimes use an anaesthesic for a patient that that become allergic to it and die on the table

They are not God...they make mistakes all the time....some are just lucky their mistakes aren't fatal
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by EDOSBROWN: 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Really better punishment should be meted out on them

And the way they act as if they are God is second to non
That is how they almost killed my elder sister during when she was about to put to bed

We lost the child
Almost about to lose my elder sister as well

Surgical operation gone wrong
Liquid of all kinds started coming out of my sister body through her nose continously

Very scary scene
My guy, where have u been, I missed u...
Good you are back.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2023
cigaricon:

You are the wisest person on earth. Please whenever you or any of your family members have medical complications, please don't go to the doctor. You can treat or operate on yourself cos like you said, Doctors are killing Nigerians. Mtcheew

Nonsense talk. So we should not tell doctors the truth again. I blame the regulators for not jailing killer doctors which is why people like you have mouth to be talking trash.

No one forced you to be a doctor and if you find yourself not capable, the honorable to do is resign and go home instead of turning yourself into a murderer
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

Thank you so much for this reply.. Nigerians doctors are so MUMU. Imagine the nonsense that advanceDNA was saying.

It's not a Nigerian doctor thing ..that's why I said what I said...it happens everywhere... And u'd be surprised forgetting things in a patient is one of the least mistakes of doctors ....

In a two years statistic...550 objects were forgotten in patients from 2016-2018... And that's in Canada alone.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/6138765/surgery-forgotten-objects/amp/
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Angelfrost(m): 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

No one forced you to be a doctor. If you know you can't do your job well, resign and go home instead of turning yourself into a murderer

Define "Murderer" please.

Are you saying the doctors intentionally leave surgical materials inside the patients to cause them harm?!!

Can you prove this?!!

Please, if you have nothing meaningful to rebut my submission with, then move along.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
This thing is very common than we think, I have a close friend that they did the same thing to her mom. They had to reopen her stomach to get the item and stitch her back up.

Makes you wonder if these are the same people they always claim are being sort after outside the country undecided. I'll always prefer Indians.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

Nonsense talk. So we should not tell doctors the truth again. I blame the regulators for not jailing killer doctors which is why people like you have mouth to be talking trash.

No one forced you to be a doctor and if you find yourself not capable, the honorable to do is resign and go home instead of turning yourself into a murderer

Good, so either operate on yourself when you need an operation next time, or have your relatives operate on themselves when they need one.

I agree, Nigerian doctors are evil. Best you stay away from them, and government does not punish them enough. And they need to be spoken truth too.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

No vex.
Tell that to the dead. Murderer sad
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
TOPCRUISE:

No vex. Tell that to the dead. Murderer

Okay, when you need an operation, or someone close to you needs an operaiton, do it yourself. Keep away from the murderous doctors. Save your lives.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

cc: advanceDNA

You can treat yourself next time you fall sick you know. That keeps you away from the mumu doctors.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2023
Ikpunnegi01:
This one na excuse abi na defense? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Baba..no be excuse ....no be defence... It's just what it is ..

Sadly ....it's not a Nigerian doctor thing ..that's why I said what I said....
.it happens everywhere...

In a two year statistic...550 objects were forgotten in patients from 2016-2018... And that's in Canada alone.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/6138765/surgery-forgotten-objects/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stasius: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2023
Namaster:

Shut up!

It's the height of negligence. You are operating on a human being, not a china phone. It makes ZERO sense to forget things INSIDE a person.

The OP is merely calling for PUNISHMENT that's equal to the crime.

If a Doctor leaves something inside a patient, his/her license should be retracted. Hospital should be penalised and the Doctor should be sued and convicted for the heinous crime.

They should NEVER be allowed to touch a scalpel ever again.

Go to a hospital and see how nonchalant the doctors and nurses are. It's SUPER disgusting.

The only sensible people in a Nigerian hospital are the laboratory workers. The rest are mad. ALL of them.

Those who Japa dare NOT misbehave when they do so. Else, jail time.

The only sensible people in Nigerian hospital are the laboratory workers? Eziokwu?

Read the trash you posted and think again.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Imo Ranks Number One In Condom Use / HELP!! How Can I Get Rid Of The Keloid Scar On My Head? / Went To The Hospital But Never Came Back (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.