Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,155 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

My Brothers Gambling Problem - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brothers Gambling Problem (20540 Views)

I Don't Want To Help My Brothers / My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Magnoliaa(f): 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2023
These are topics redpillers and men's rights activists, like Luminouz, ought to be addressing, but will they, no?

It is to be devising means of how to control women or sleeping with as many as possible. They will not call out the male skit makers and celebrities that are influencing for these companies or make podcasts on how to make legitimate, long-lasting wealth, it is FemCo and Uloma that is their problem.

Abi I lie, Pansophist? grin

They should be waiting for who will come and carry their matter for head.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Allisgud: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
This boy fit use ur family house collect loan bet game o,that is if u people have,let him dance to the music he played
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by easzypeaszy(m): 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:
Please I need mature minds advise on this topic.
My family recently discovered that my younger brother who has been in the seminary and was supposed to be a reverend father in few years time has a very big gambling issue.

Over the years, he has accumulated a gambling debt of 2M (borrowed majorly from loan sharks). When I discovered about the incidence, I hesitated involving my retired dad and mum because of the shock they might get hearing about this but when I discovered I couldn't pay the debt alone, i had to involve them. Thank God they handled it calmly. My dad and I have offset 700k debts already but I recently discovered that he is still borrowing and betting even recently (someone that has access to his details revealed this to me today). I am totally devastated and I don't know how to relay this to my parents to avoid heart attack. The gruesome part of the whole story is that he is JOBLESS because of his seminary school journey (which he has willingly pulled out from because of this issue).

Please my fellow nairanders, how do I handle this problem? I'm fed up
let him collect as much loan as he can get.. Repayment is not by force.
Wt time he wl be frustrated n block all the account himself.
Una run pay 700k but can't arrange 700k fr him to strt business or somtin
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by ifynwaba(m): 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Discovering he was owing loan sharks 2m (which he used in gambling) and repaying part of the money by u and your dad gave him temerity to borrow more and gamble. undecided

You should have allowed him to sort himself out from the loan people. He actually went to borrow more because he believe you guys would still come to his rescue again. You are very correct brother I am an addicted gambler if you don't learn the hard way your head will never come to normal. I lost everything I had sold my properties sold my shop and went back to square one, currently now I regret my life I am now working as a night security guard and a private school teacher to see if I can save money again to start up business again I pray God lift me again, I went from living in a two bedroom flat to living in church now but I believe God can still lift me up again

Addicted gamblers need to learn in hard ways. angry

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by tete7000(m): 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:
My family recently discovered that my younger brother who has been in the seminary and was supposed to be a reverend father in few years time has a very big gambling issue.

Over the years, he has accumulated a gambling debt of 2M (borrowed majorly from loan sharks). When I discovered about the incidence, I hesitated involving my retired dad and mum because of the shock they might get hearing about this but when I discovered I couldn't pay the debt alone, i had to involve them. Thank God they handled it calmly. My dad and I have offset 700k debts already but I recently discovered that he is still borrowing and betting even recently (someone that has access to his details revealed this to me today). I am totally devastated and I don't know how to relay this to my parents to avoid heart attack. The gruesome part of the whole story is that he is JOBLESS because of his seminary school journey (which he has willingly pulled out from because of this issue).

He is an adult and only him can save himself
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by oyeb15: 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2023
To win in betting I learned these

Don't be greedy
Very sure games of 1.2 may disappoint you and end in draw.
Play bets that d bookmakers are not sure about d win or loss.

Remember..... It's a game and there is no sure game.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by ifynwaba(m): 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Discovering he was owing loan sharks 2m (which he used in gambling) and repaying part of the money by u and your dad gave him temerity to borrow more and gamble. undecided

My guy you are very correct
addicted gamblers if you don't learn the hard way your head will never come to normal. I lost everything I had sold my properties sold my shop and went back to square one, currently now I regret my life I am now working as a night security guard and a private school teacher to see if I can save money again to start up business again I pray God lift me again, I went from living in a two bedroom flat to living in a church now but I believe God can still lift me up again. And I have a family of three to take care of, God please lift me I have learnt my lessons gambling is very bad

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by hkidola00(m): 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2023
omooo
28plus:

The reason why Nigeria is the way it is today is because people don't get punished for their crimes. Your brother squandered 2M on betting, instead of you guys to allow the owners of the monies handle him, you decided to pay. What does that tell him? He's told that for each time he messes up, someone is on standby to clean up his mess. You don't know the monster you're grooming. I have a brother like that. He's 35 and doesn't think of anything other than betting. If someone is at the point of death in the hospital and you give him money to take to the hospital for treatment, the money is gone. He rather have that person die than for him not to play. For ten years, I have been saying he should be allowed to face punishment for his crimes, even if it means him going to prison or getting killed, but my parents will say it'll bring shame to the family. Today, they are the ones looking for him to take him to prison. He has become a thief, a fraudster, and a mad person. No thanks to bet9ja. Almost ten years after graduating from school, no meaningful career, no business, no wife, nothing nothing. Sadly, it doesn't even bother him as long as he has access to play. Most of his mates are doing fine for themselves, some not very fine but they are putting in the work. But him, it must be bet9ja. He's destroyed every single relationship he has built from birth because of what he has done with their money. Yet, this guy has not been to prison once. Continue to pet your brother you hear? E go soon shock una

Simple advice, take your brother to prison now. For everytime you clear his debt, you're grooming a monster.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by ifynwaba(m): 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hezzyluv:

You should have allowed him to sort himself out from the loan people. He actually went to borrow more because he believe you guys would still come to his rescue again.

guy you are very correct
addicted gamblers if you don't learn the hard way your head will never come to normal. I lost everything I had sold my properties sold my shop and went back to square one, currently now I regret my life I am now working as a night security guard and a private school teacher to see if I can save money again to start up business again I pray God lift me again, I went from living in a two bedroom flat to living in a church now but I believe God can still lift me up again. And I have a family of three to take care of, God please lift me I have learnt my lessons gambling is very bad

6 Likes

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by BLACKPOWERS123: 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

Use Ottawa on him, this is a herb that makes one forgets a certain issue, but he must be the one to chew the leave, with his mouth he will say, I DON'T WANT TO GAMBLE AGAIN, while chewing. I assure you that will be the end of his gambling, and there is nothing like side effects. We have it in our place, here in cross river state. If you people are interested call me on 09034568201,

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Inyaky(f): 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
Look for every means to make him stop, na this kind thing de lead to depression and then thought of suicide

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by diamond68: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
membranus:

Tell us more about the demon.
its the demon that controls all souls in africa and responsible for poverty and misery and people losing all their money through addictions etc. its one of 72 demons
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Sunkyapogee(m): 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
Visual ba?
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by osazsky(m): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
How do u want us to help u when most of us on nl are also gamblers
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Annahh(f): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
AsomArchitectNG:
Too many gambling cases arising these days..

How do ppl get themselves involved in gambling?

These guys ain't out for ur interest as many may think. They're all out to make profit too so there's no way you can be smarter than them. The sooner you stop seeing gambling as a get rich quick scheme that wouldn't have any positive impact in ur lives and desist from it, the better...
What do you expect when celebrities keep promoting and advertising betting sites. Celebrities are the cancer to this society.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Hezzyluv: 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
ifynwaba:
guy you are very correct

Sorry about your ordeal. God has definitely come to your rescue, u would see the manifestation in due time, just keep your hope alive.

I stake on sporty bet too just for fun. You hardly see me staking week in week out. If i could remember vividly, there was a certain time l had over 30k in my betking account the money stayed there ove 5week without me staking kobo from it.

The bottom line is discipline and stake the amounth you c as pure water money.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by osazsky(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
grin
Pamfresh:

My dad is already considering locking him up because we recently discovered he used my dad's BVN and our last born's BVN to borrow total of 400k from loan sharks.
That's the one that threw all of us off balance
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by julybaba(m): 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hezzyluv:

You should have allowed him to sort himself out from the loan people. He actually went to borrow more because he believe you guys would still come to his rescue again.

For someone to keep gambling after accumulating a debt of over 2M shows that such person is weak-willed.

It is a weakness of the mind.

If something is hurting your feelings and life, the sensible solution is to disconnect from such. But the will-power is gone. His parents needs to do more than settling the debt, they should guide him to discover his purpose in life

4 Likes

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Kenosky1: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

Bros from experience pampering or petting such a person will not do him any good. You need to allow him suffer a bit from his deadly habit, allow his debtors to deal with him. My parents over pampered my brother and at 45 years, he is almost useless. Now my mother and father are late and now my siblings want to continue from where they stopped but I have pulled out having 5 kids to cater for. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by ollybasa: 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2023
the only solution is to make sure he uses phone that is internet unable for long time.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by ifynwaba(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hezzyluv:

Sorry about your ordeal. God has definitely come to your rescue, u would see the manifestation in due time, just keep your hope alive.

I stake on sporty bet too just for fun. You hardly see me staking week in week out. If i could remember vividly, there was a certain time l had over 30k in my betking account the money stayed there ove 5week without me staking kobo from it.

The bottom line is discipline and stake the amounth you c as pure water money.
thanks for your concern bro it has not been easy, sometimes I feel so depressed my only source that keeps me going is my little angel I brought into this world 🌎 i believe God will perfect all
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

What kind of help do u suggest please. We only paid up the much we can now because of loan interest accumulation

are u ready to lose him? cry

either u lose him or more than him

however it sounds,

are u? cry
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by IamHonourable1: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

First, your parents need to sit down and talk with him, secondly the guy is really heading for self destruction
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by pekisdgee(m): 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2023
What is the title of this movie...
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Mummyimbecile(m): 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2023
Gambling is one of the things that can ruin anyone!

Stay away from it!

3 Likes

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by moskush1(m): 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
youth empowerment, he should contact me for sure 5 odds he go recover
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by jmoore(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
moskush1:
youth empowerment, he should contact me for sure 5 odds he go recover
sure odds is used by scammers.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by adeoyekay(m): 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
pekisdgee:
What is the title of this movie...
funny
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by devoutpraise: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2023
terrezo2002:

One of the ways the devil use to tarnish one's destiny is through betting. Your brother wants to be rich. The devil saw it and capitalised on that.
1. Let your brother dedicate his life to Christ Jesus.
2. Let him destroy every desire to be rich. Let his desires for God supercede every other desires.
3. Let him trust God to provide for him.

I don't see any other therapy that works better than these.
With time, you brother will recover. The debts will be paid and he will testify.
If he doesn't do these, you guys should prepare for the worst. Betting is a terrible demon that doesn't leave his victims.
THIS IS VERY POWERFUL

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by devoutpraise: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
Rajman45:
I pray ur brother receive divine healing from gambling and betting evil force. May this gambling evil spirit stop being his portion......can somebody shout Amen
AMEN
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by abba190: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
the government needs to ban this evil call betting. i dont know why this scam is legal

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by abba190: 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

What kind of help do u suggest please. We only paid up the much we can now because of loan interest accumulation
sir pls can you help and clear my gambling debt its just 10k abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? / When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? / Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.