Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan (45032 Views)

Prison Officer Commits Suicide Over Inability To Pay House Rent / Man Commits Suicide In Kwara Over Inability To Make Love With Women / Man Commits Suicide Over Erectile Dysfunction In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by jojothaiv(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
How do people commit suicide? What do they think about?

In my down times, the moment I think of cat-fish pepper-soup, Egusi with stock-fish, Isi-ewu and Ofe Nsala, I always have more reasons to be on Earth!

Mere knowing that their is no beer and peppered meat afterlife, is enough reason to make you want to stay on Earth.
Bar man, sorry, senior man, all this thing wey you still talk na money we go take buy am o, no be mere thinking.

If e soft for you, take am flex your head as some of us dey so ordinary 50 naira never gum us and where the next meal go come from we no really know.

3 Likes

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by FarmTech(m): 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2023
Suicide shudnt be an option naw. Borrowing is sth I hate so much
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by blaise26abj(m): 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2023
RIP young man .

Now a note of warning to young business people ! BUSINESS money is not PERSONAL Money . Especially if it is borrowed . Live within your means and don’t be tempted to start living large because some cool millions entered your account for business . It is the ultimate recipe for disaster . Some are hardened criminals that will collect loans , not repay shishi and still taunt the lenders . Some are not cut out for the wahala that follows . It leads to depression and health issues like high blood pressure
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Solidex(m): 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2023
This is the 2nd news of a Nigeria comitting suicide just today. We are in a hot soup and their seems to be no end to this suffering. No flicker of hope left to behold.
God can not save us here.
Our collective destinies lies in our hands.
The earlier the youth rose up these gang of oppressors, the better for our future.
In my opinion, suicide is not the way forward, it's simply a carwordice approach to solving whatever issue tormenting any individual.
Your Emilocan president is using your common wealth to procure yatch, luxury vehicles for himself, family and other arms of his criminal government, all you could think about is to end your own life.
It's a pithy, it's really a pithy.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by blackmantis: 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
If someone owes you money don't go threatening with dss, police, efcc, icpc, navy, army and the rest .

Try to work out a plan with him because the moment you push him to the point that he takes his life......otilo..

Your money and your peace of mind are gone knowing you pushed someone to kill himself.

2 Likes

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Confirm4real(m): 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
Too much suicide nowadays o, Oga what happened to the Renewed Hope you promised Nigerians
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Desusi: 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
benuejosh:
I seriously hope SMEDAN will wake up to this challenge and address the issues of financing and guiding Small and Medium Scale Enterprise. The young man wanted the best for himself and also those around him. It is so unfortunate that a vibrant young man lost his life.

Secondly, the depression issues or mental health is so much relegated to the background in this part of the world. People are going through alot. The funny but not funny part is, the person who you may disclose your problems to may be having a more severe issue he or she is trying to deal with and as such may not be able to help out. Crime has also taken center stage bringing about distrust among people. Someone may have the capacity to help but may be thinking if you're trying to scam or use them to get money.

Mental health advocacy and campaign should not be handled with kids gloves in Nigeria. It has been overlooked for too long. People are going through alot.

Let us all try as much as possible and as much as we can to be a brother's keeper.

May God console the family.
For heavens sake,how much did he owe.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Roozzaay(m): 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
So police no go investigate this? Person wey dey live for Abuja go lodge for hotel inside same Abuja to drink sniper?
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by blackmantis: 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
Desusi:

For heavens sake,how much did he owe.

It might not be how much he owed but how much pressure the creditor put on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Edusouls(m): 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

In my down times, the moment I think of cat-fish pepper-soup, Egusi with stock-fish, Isi-ewu and Ofe Nsala, I always have more reasons to be on Earth!

Mere knowing that their is no beer and peppered meat afterlife, is enough reason to make you want to stay on Earth.
you never jam depression nahh, pray not to experience it, it’s like darkness encroaching the soul, no cure but only Jesus Christ saves people from it

3 Likes

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by BossSmith: 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
We all wear nice cloths and nice shoes 👟 but we all know what we are facing internally

2 Likes

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Newborn27(f): 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2023
So painful!

May his soul rest in peace!

I kept asking about how Nigerians show much care when someone is dead than when he/she is alive and passing through challenges.

Those sympathetic RIP posters would have turned him down or blocked him when he needed help.

Please... let's not wait before an individual dies to show that we care...it might not be monetary...few checking on him and words of encouragement would have saved him the suicidal thoughts.

May peace be still in in every stormy life IJN. embarassed
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by soke02(m): 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
benuejosh:
I seriously hope SMEDAN will wake up to this challenge and address the issues of financing and guiding Small and Medium Scale Enterprise. The young man wanted the best for himself and also those around him. It is so unfortunate that a vibrant young man lost his life.

Secondly, the depression issues or mental health is so much relegated to the background in this part of the world. People are going through alot. The funny but not funny part is, the person who you may disclose your problems to may be having a more severe issue he or she is trying to deal with and as such may not be able to help out. Crime has also taken center stage bringing about distrust among people. Someone may have the capacity to help but may be thinking if you're trying to scam or use them to get money.

Mental health advocacy and campaign should not be handled with kids gloves in Nigeria. It has been overlooked for too long. People are going through alot.

Let us all try as much as possible and as much as we can to be a brother's keeper.

it takes the grace of God to come out of depression when my business falls and no one to lean on.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by wonder233: 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
See this one, yet you will foist clueless regimes on the country just for puerile ethnic thrill. You're peppering that ethnic group you hate so much now, right? It is putting food on your table, right? . Your countrymen are commiting suicide, but I guess to you, its a small sacrifice to pay for your psychological ethnic satisfaction.
post=126846218:
Such a sad way to die.

Dear Nairalanders,
Please, No matter what you are going through in life,
SAY NO TO SUICIDE

NEVER give up.
Don't let the devil win the battle in your life.
Once there is life,
There is hope
From all of us @MANNA : May he rest well.

We Rise.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Timothy89(m): 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
watch those mourners with their fake sympathy, how much is the business loan that 20-30 friends can't come together help him sort out or talk to the loaner ?

after death na fake fake sympathy. a coward run away from challenges, the brave don't allow challenges to end them

he died a coward, I hope he had kids already? if he doesn't he dead without history

let men stop watching Telemundo......
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Deepspirituals: 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
post=126846218:
Such a sad way to die.

Dear Nairalanders,
SAY NO TO SUICIDE

NEVER give up.
Once there is life,
There is hope

We Rise.
But your darling daddy Could not fullfill his promises rather he made life more worse ,Now Another One making it more worst ..why do u hate Nigeria this Deep Mr Manna

1 Like

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by francybod: 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
Yes ooo, Naija is too difficult these days.

1 Like

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by LordReed(m): 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
OgaDeyVex:

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/11/29-year-old-nigerian-man-commits-suicide-over-inability-to-repay-business-loan-2.html

OMG! I met this guy last year at Second Pot. He seemed like a decent guy with prospects. Damn!

Valar Morghulis. Rest in peace.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by obotematics: 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
So sad,
He wouldn't have taken his life by suicidal ways
Bros , many have seen shege dem dey alive
Kpele
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by DKM123: 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
It is probably true what Amaechi said that Nigerians will rather commit su1cide than stand up against the government..

It's not well.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by ImoleNaija: 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
RIP to the brave.

Hope & cowardice keep some of us alive.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Advancedman(m): 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
benuejosh:

But he died in a private room in an hotel.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by placeofallure(f): 9:28pm On Nov 07, 2023
benuejosh:

People are truly going through a lot. A colleague was lamenting last week. Then I told him that I don't believe any earthly power or government can solve my problem. I believe and trust in God to always suffice but he was hell bent on arguing about how Obi should have been president instead of Tinubu. I told him we'll still have worries if Obi were the president.

Just today, another person in the neighborhood came to wait for me at the bus stop. He was monitoring before I left workplace. The family had nothing, as in zero Kobo to survive on. He had a car he uses for Uber, it was stolen. He has 3 kids , one of them 11 months. By the time he finished his tales I had to do transfer both to him and to the wife.

Before he could summon courage to tell me, he must have passed through hell. Those are the things that get one depressed. I was fulfilled I could help. That should take them through a week.

I've made up my mind to build my tent with Jesus, it can only be him. I don't trust APC or PDP or even the Messianic LP according to their followers. PS 120

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by TheBTCinvestor: 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
Newborn27:
So painful!

May his soul rest in peace!

I kept asking about how Nigerians show much care when someone is dead than when he/she is alive and passing through challenges.

Those sympathetic RIP posters would have turned him down or blocked him when he needed help.

Please... let's not wait before an individual dies to show that we care...it might not be monetary...few checking on him and words of encouragement would have saved him the suicidal thoughts.

May peace be still in in every stormy life IJN. embarassed

If u check on am...dem go bill you cheesy
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by sajiwere(m): 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2023
Sniper has killed more human than bed bug and cockroaches!

quote author=OgaDeyVex post=126845536]

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/11/29-year-old-nigerian-man-commits-suicide-over-inability-to-repay-business-loan-2.html[/quote]
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by coolh3ad(m): 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

You have said/typed well boss!!.. Commit suicide??. Why?. How?..
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Drbolie(m): 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
This life no balance
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by coolh3ad(m): 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
godwinstringed1:

Not always

When there is life, there is hope ooo (just try to be good to others and live a "free-spirited" life. Shikena!!!
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by haphizz57(m): 9:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by coolh3ad(m): 9:46pm On Nov 07, 2023
IamtheTruth1:

Continue thanking God that you have not been in situations that you can’t control. Situations that you are only happy when you’re asleep. Situations that you are scared of being alone because of your thoughts. Situations that will make you question life and your God.

Depression is Real. Na person way don feel fit clear you wella

Normal level. Na to dey thank BABA GOD o!

But why put hand inside that kain situation wey you no fit control in the first place? Is it risk taking?? For this same Naija and man no know anybody (connection). Just asking though...
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by busterr(m): 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
post=126846218:
Such a sad way to die.

Dear Nairalanders,
SAY NO TO SUICIDE

NEVER give up.
Once there is life,
There is hope

We Rise.

You're not even ashamed of yourself this boy.
After supporting bad government you'll have mind to tell people don't give up.
Don't give up on what exactly??
Have you given up on your choice of supporting useless government?? Better avoid this thread like your fellow shameless APC supporters.
Have some shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Facts About Your Breasts You Must Know! / Lady Lying Lifeless On Obasa Street Off Oba Akran Ikeja (photo) / Help! My Sister Is Seeing Her Period The Second Time This Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.