Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,960 members, 7,810,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan (45030 Views)

Prison Officer Commits Suicide Over Inability To Pay House Rent / Man Commits Suicide In Kwara Over Inability To Make Love With Women / Man Commits Suicide Over Erectile Dysfunction In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by tonytony208(m): 9:49pm On Nov 07, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
How do people commit suicide? What do they think about?

In my down times, the moment I think of cat-fish pepper-soup, Egusi with stock-fish, Isi-ewu and Ofe Nsala, I always have more reasons to be on Earth!

Mere knowing that their is no beer and peppered meat afterlife, is enough reason to make you want to stay on Earth.

You should try to die instead of allowing pepper soup to revive you.

If you die as a Muslim now, you will have opportunity to sleep with 72 virgins in the heaven your one-eyed Allah is promising you. cheesy
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Pat081: 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

In my down times, the moment I think of cat-fish pepper-soup, Egusi with stock-fish, Isi-ewu and Ofe Nsala, I always have more reasons to be on Earth!

Mere knowing that their is no beer and peppered meat afterlife, is enough reason to make you want to stay on Earth.
Hmmmmmm na true you talk cat-fish pepper soup with cold beer and to around it up with r..........n g.......s na big-time enjoyment be that na foolish people kill themselves if you own people money you will pay it may take time

1 Like

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Babastrong(m): 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
[quote author=godwinstringed1 post=126846235] Not always [is al*a¥s. all problems have solutions e*cept if ¥ou don't pa¥ attention.]
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Emdee590(m): 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
decatalyst:
Taking loan to fund business or a certain lifestyle in Nigeria is like signing off your freedom, your life and purpose.

Because, you will work your a$$ off to meet the loan obligations, not to talk of getting any profit.
This is so true...I am in a delima now as I am currently paying 6.5million for 3 million naira loan. Everyday I must save 10k for 2 years . Whether I no well I must go hustle else them go just call all my contacts say I don default

1 Like

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Empresa: 10:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
He gave up too easily...very popular have gone through worse humiliation and they didnt commit suicide. Ordinary debt led to his death. Nothing is worth dieing for
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by IamtheTruth1(m): 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
coolh3ad:

Normal level. Na to dey thank BABA GOD o!

But why put hand inside that kain situation wey you no fit control in the first place? Is it risk taking?? For this same Naija and man no know anybody (connection). Just asking though...

If we don’t take risk, how the hell do you expect one to get rich?

All business owners are risk takers.

2 Likes

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Eriggs: 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2023
busterr:

You're not even ashamed of yourself this boy.
After supporting bad government you'll have mind to tell people don't give up.
Don't give up on what exactly??
Have you given up on your choice of supporting useless government?? Better avoid this thread like your fellow shameless APC supporters.
Have some shame
Give up on your life then.
If dem tell u make u no give up,
And you are crying and wailing you want to.
Give up then, one less ipob to worry about l.
Hiss cool
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by CoronaVirusPro: 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
tonytony208:

You should try to die instead of allowing pepper soup to revive you.

If you die as a Muslim now, you will have opportunity to sleep with 72 virgins in the heaven your one-eyed Allah is promising you. cheesy

Fvck you!
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by fineberry(m): 11:54pm On Nov 07, 2023
thesicilian:
There's always hope as long as there's life.

1 Like

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Looking4massage: 11:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
Loan, betting are forms of population control. Expect more suicides
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Banbanna(m): 11:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
This man & enjoyment. So na just the thought of food dey keep you alive 🤠😁
CoronaVirusPro:

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by CoronaVirusPro: 12:01am On Nov 08, 2023
Banbanna:
This man & enjoyment. So na just the thought of food dey keep you alive 🤠😁

What else!

My stomach is the only thing going into the grave with me.

1 Like

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by busterr(m): 12:05am On Nov 08, 2023
Eriggs:

Give up on your life then.
If dem tell u make u no give up,
And you are crying and wailing you want to.
Give up then, one less ipob to worry about l.
Hiss cool

Na una dey cry more and una never even start. Spineless
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Mummyimbecile(m): 12:07am On Nov 08, 2023
I have said it before and I will say it again, defaulting on a loan agreement is not a criminal offence... It's a civil offence, so there's no how you will go to jail for defaulting on a loan.

It's not worth taking your life!

The worst your creditor can do is to take you to court.

The judge will even be sympathetic to your plight and ask you to provide a timeframe that is convenient for you to pay up.

People should stop taking their lives cos of their inability to pay off loans... It's not worth it!

And if your creditor decides to act like a tout and results in self-help by maybe hiring tugs to attack you, you will be the one making money by suing him or her to court.

The law court doesn't take kindly to a creditor resulting to self-help as a means of recovering a loan.

3 Likes

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by coolh3ad(m): 12:08am On Nov 08, 2023
IamtheTruth1:

If we don’t take risk, how the hell do you expect one to get rich?

All business owners are risk takers.

A risk taker should have a "plan b" in this present Naija wey we dey.

"Most" and not all business owners are risk takers. Treat your business like an investor. You do not need to tolerate risk to start a business. Don’t buy into the myth!
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Newborn27(f): 1:25am On Nov 08, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

If u check on am...dem go bill you cheesy

Should he was having he wouldn't have billed anyone.

It takes a lot of shame to beg one's mate or others for anything....lack and poverty or problem can sometimes make one to forget about ego .

Telling him you can't afford to send him anything due to your own status too but showing how much you care and relating well would make him feel better.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Ashirioluwa: 1:56am On Nov 08, 2023
Bank loans kill more people than guns and poison in Nigeria.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by drololaaof: 2:01am On Nov 08, 2023
OgaDeyVex:

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/11/29-year-old-nigerian-man-commits-suicide-over-inability-to-repay-business-loan-2.html
May his soul rest in peace .
All the shakara of the loan company\creditor have ended.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by jimcaddy(m): 2:14am On Nov 08, 2023
It's so sad Sha. The hardship in this country is just too much. And those who actually have a lot to help out might not help out when you need them to.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Bigchristo: 2:15am On Nov 08, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Omo you like enjoyment 🤝😂
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Mosba: 3:23am On Nov 08, 2023
The only way out is to RENEW YOUR HOPE so as to prevent depression

1 Like

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Originalsly: 4:45am On Nov 08, 2023
Hmmm ... seems like this guy was living above his means. Taking a loan from loan sharks ... and living in hotel? I guess it was the last day the loan sharks gave him to make his payment or else..... ?
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by tonytony208(m): 5:12am On Nov 08, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Fvck you!

Lolz. Mohammed said your one-eyed Allah will give you 72 virgins and eternal erection to fvck them if you die fighting for Islam religion.

The fastest way to get your own 72 virgins is to go and defend Gaza against Israeli bombing. grin

Is it that you don't want 72 virgins or you don't believe what Mohammed promised you?! grin
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Snapdrag0n: 5:34am On Nov 08, 2023
crestedaguiyi:
me i no believe say this guyman kill him sef sha
That guy is alive somewhere, fabricated dead. Even those commenting looks like a planned something just to evade loan repayment. But trust me even if his the death is real, except you he didn't provide vivid records of his guarantors and address. Banks will follow up
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by bluefilm: 6:44am On Nov 08, 2023
29 years old fool.

Nonsense angry

Next, please...
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by benuejosh: 6:47am On Nov 08, 2023
placeofallure:

People are truly going through a lot. A colleague was lamenting last week. Then I told him that I don't believe any earthly power or government can solve my problem. I believe and trust in God to always suffice but he was hell bent on arguing about how Obi should have been president instead of Tinubu. I told him we'll still have worries if Obi were the president.

Just today, another person in the neighborhood came to wait for me at the bus stop. He was monitoring before I left workplace. The family had nothing, as in zero Kobo to survive on. He had a car he uses for Uber, it was stolen. He has 3 kids , one of them 11 months. By the time he finished his tales I had to do transfer both to him and to the wife.

Before he could summon courage to tell me, he must have passed through hell. Those are the things that get one depressed. I was fulfilled I could help. That should take them through a week.

I've made up my mind to build my tent with Jesus, it can only be him. I don't trust APC or PDP or even the Messianic LP according to their followers. PS 120
You are absolutely right and may God bless your kind heart and replenish your purse abundantly.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:53am On Nov 08, 2023
coolh3ad:

A risk taker should have a "plan b" in this present Naija wey we dey.

"Most" and not all business owners are risk takers. Treat your business like an investor. You do not need to tolerate risk to start a business. Don’t buy into the myth!

Bro, all investments carry a degree of risk. Are businesses not investments?
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Didi2d(m): 7:11am On Nov 08, 2023
legitnow1:

IF TO HAMMER IS THAT EASY, DONT U THINK EVERYBODY WILL BE RICH?

MAKE UNA DEY TAKE AM EASY.

WAIT YOUR TURN, HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES.

U WILL GET THERE EVENTUALLY.

Thanks

But you know for this economy other source as person no fit thief.

Na those fraudsters wey dey put us for this condition be the problem
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Greatzeus(m): 7:28am On Nov 08, 2023
decatalyst:
Taking loan to fund business or a certain lifestyle in Nigeria is like signing off your freedom, your life and purpose.

Because, you will work your a$$ off to meet the loan obligations, not to talk of getting any profit.
He has a private room in a hotel,do you know what it means? He doesn't check out,he uses a hotel for accommodation,no wonder he went broke and ran his business down.
Also what experience did he have before going into restaurant business? Just because others are doing it and making money,he went into it.
Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by BeeNG3: 7:48am On Nov 08, 2023
Do proper investigation

1 Like

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by Bigkoko: 8:19am On Nov 08, 2023
Imagine thet even have money to buy a clean, nice looking coffin! Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan by placeofallure(f): 8:59am On Nov 08, 2023
benuejosh:
You are absolutely right and may God bless your kind heart and replenish your purse abundantly.

Amen! Thank you so much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

30 Herbal Medicine Hawkers In Kano Arrested For Using Vulgar Words For Advert / 7 Facts About Your Breasts You Must Know! / Lady Lying Lifeless On Obasa Street Off Oba Akran Ikeja (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.