Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? (15397 Views)

This Is True!behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman Rolling Her Eyes / Behind Every Successful Man, There's A Woman - How True Is That? / Behind Every Successful Man There's A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by bingbagbo(m): 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2011
Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman / Behind Every Failed Man Is A Girl.

Is this assertion true? well, i am quite a successful man, but behind me are my books.no woman there. women r overated!
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2011
confirmed lipsrsealed
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by MMM2(m): 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
op  who told u dat angryangry<sad
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Wislet(f): 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hmmmmm. The measure of a MAN is his ability to successfully manage a 'home'- marriage. A single guy is not a man yet. So the saying is for married folks! For MEN. There's a special blessing attached to getting married, call it God's own gift or treat. If u're fortunate to marry a 'good' woman, measure & compare ur success from the point she came in.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Wislet(f): 8:04pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hmmmmm. The measure of a MAN is his ability to successfully manage a 'home'- marriage. A single guy is not a man yet. So the saying is for married folks! For MEN. There's a special blessing attached to getting married, call it God's own gift or treat. If u're fortunate to marry a 'good' woman, measure & compare ur success from the point she came in.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by bingbagbo(m): 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2011
i am single yet very successful.i v a masters, 3 houses, 4 cars n holding a big public office n HIV negative.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by pendo89(f): 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2011
Wislet:

Hmmmmm. The measure of a MAN is his ability to successfully manage a 'home'- marriage. A single guy is not a man yet. So the saying is for married folks! For MEN. There's a special blessing attached to getting married, call it God's own gift or treat. If u're fortunate to marry a 'good' woman, measure & compare your success from the point she came in.

Wislet I hold a different opinion. I think the measure of a man is his ability to live a purposeful life which may or may not include a marriage. Wont go into details there.
Then I think its wrong to say a single guy is not a man yet.What makes a Man? Marriage? No dear.Some bachelors are living a life full of purpose and impacting others positively than some married fellows.
I like saying that marriage does not come to complete you.You are complete as a single because even God never made an incomplete fellow.
He only gave him a helpmate. Paul in the bible never married cz he was too busy serving. He was a man and loved of God.

Now 2 can put 2000 to flight. 2 minds are better than one and etc etc. those are some of the advantages of marriage.
If there are special blessings they will come becz you are living in obedience.

@op. Success is determined by you. If you are dumb,a pessimist,a lazy fellow,a liar,then no intelligent woman can help you become succesfull.
The reverse is true.
This phrase applies where the man is smart and the wife just comes to offer him support.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Wislet(f): 8:30pm On Oct 26, 2011
I have said mine. U can ask your elders. Being a man comes with responsibilities- not just yourself.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by BABE3: 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
bin gbagbo:

Is this assertion true? well,[b] i am quite a successful man, but behind me are my books.[/b]no woman there. women r overated!

Lol. I love that.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by pendo89(f): 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2011
Wislet:

I have said mine. U can ask your elders. Being a man comes with responsibilities- not just yourself.

You are correct, but you know some men fail at those responsibilities. And some even do worse like murder their own. Can we still call them real men because they carry the 'married status symbol' ?. I think the man who fails in his marital duties is no better than the responsible bachelor.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Wislet(f): 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2011
My dear, having the courage to take up that responsibility alone qualifies a man. Not all males walking around have reached that maturity or have the courage to take the step. Whether he fails or not is another matter. Cos the Bible says, 'A MAN who cannot feed his family is worse than an infidel'. It only makes him a far lesser man than he should be.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by pendo89(f): 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2011
Wislet:

[b]My dear, having the courage to take up that responsibility alone qualifies a man. [/b]Not all males walking around have reached that maturity or have the courage to take the step. Whether he fails or not is another matter. Cos the Bible says, 'A MAN who cannot feed his family is worse than an infidel'. It only makes him a far lesser man than he should be.

That I love and it's all part of living a purposeful life. Marriage is a rite of passage and meant for the mature in body, soul and mind.
However,If one is single,young and not wasting his life,he still a young man on his way to taking on responsibilities.
The one playing around filling the earth with babies and denying responsibilities is still the boy. Not yet matured.Not a man.
cheers.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
[size=14pt]So far i am successful and there's no woman behind my success! That alone renders the heading of this thread, [b]Crap[/b]totatik! cool

Now, can someone explain to me in plain unadulterated simple English Language, why there aint a woman behind my success, since the Topic said "Every"?
[/size]
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by seedord247(m): 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]So far i am successful and there's no woman behind my success! That alone renders the heading of this thread, [b]Crap[/b]totatik! cool

Now, can someone explain to me in plain unadulterated simple English Language, why there aint a woman behind my success, since the Topic said "Every"?
[/size]

because not every one is drawn to be successful in life.

Btw . . .How do you measure success and what;s the definition of success to you?
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 26, 2011
seedord247:

because not every one is drawn to be successful in life.

Btw . . .How do you measure success and what;s the definition of success to you?
[size=14pt]Success means different things to different people! To some, it maybe the attainment of wealth, or of fame or of a position that means so much to them! Not marginalizing those meanings to be infinitesimal, success to me is the attainment of my set out goal or aim!
When i was in Secondary school, my aim was to get into the university. When i was in the university, my aim was to graduate and get good grades. At each stage of my progressive life, i have reached those goals or aims i set out for myself. Armed with my previous success, i aimed for yet greater success. An additional degree, good things in life: A car, a house e.t.c! I knew what i wanted, and i got them! WITHOUT any input whatsoever from a woman!

Success is when you achieve your aim, when you attain your goals. . .
[/size]
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Wislet(f): 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2011
Looks like each word from the topic is being dissected separately. We're all talking about different things. Not saying a guy cant be successful before he gets married. Depends on your definition of success. But that does not make him a MAN yet.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Wislet(f): 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2011
Looks like each word from the topic is being dissected separately. We're all talking about different things. Not saying a guy cant be successful before he gets married. Depends on your definition of success. But that does not make him a MAN yet.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by seedord247(m): 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Success means different things to different people! To some, it maybe the attainment of wealth, or of fame or of a position that means so much to them! Not marginalizing those meanings to be infinitesimal, success to me is the attainment of my set out goal or aim!
When i was in Secondary school, my aim was to get into the university. When i was in the university, my aim was to graduate and get good grades. At each stage of my progressive life, i have reached those goals or aims i set out for myself. Armed with my previous success, i aimed for yet greater thins. An additional degree, good things in life: A car, a house e.t.c! I knew what i wanted, and i got them! WITHOUT any input whatsoever from a woman!

Success is when you achieve your aim, when you attain your goals. . .
[/size]

Yes . .  I Complied with what you said.

Success means differnt things to so many people.

Too some People success means having so many Children.

Too some people success means living a comfortable life and having what they wanted at their disposal.

Too some people success means winning competitions.

Too me woman are only use to attain some position you are aiming especially in the area of politics

i think it's a Nigeria culture using that sentence above. Their are so many people that have been successful since their early dayz.

Michaeal Jackson became successful since he was 5. . . . shey 5 years Old pickin they get Girlfriend/

Mack zukerberg  . . Develop Facebook when he was still a Virgin . .  Had it been he get girlfriend he nor go Concnetrate on how to do that  kind thing.

My own definition of success is leaving the comfortable life i have been working on since my childhood day, Owing a House, 2-3 cars,

been able to provide for my family friends and living the life of what God want me too Leave.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
Wislet:

[size=14pt]1.In simple plain unadulterated English, define a MAN?
2. At what age can i be said to be a MAN?
3. After what achievements can it be said that i am a MAN?[/size]
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
seedord247:

Yes . .  I Complied with what you said.

Success means differnt things to so many people.

Too some People success means having so many Children.

Too some people success means living a comfortable life and having what they wanted at their disposal.

Too some people success means winning competitions.

Too me woman are only use to attain some position you are aiming especially in the area of politics

i think it's a Nigeria culture using that sentence above. Their are so many people that have been successful since their early dayz.

Michaeal Jackson became successful since he was 5. . . . shey 5 years Old pickin they get Girlfriend/

Mack zukerberg  . . Develop Facebook when he was still a Virgin . .  Had it been he get girlfriend he nor go Concnetrate on how to do that  kind thing.

My own definition of success is leaving the comfortable life i have been working on since my childhood day, Owing a House, 2-3 cars,

been able to provide for my family friends and living the life of what God want me too Leave.
[size=14pt]. . . . Talk of success. . . . Without [b]woman[/b]ology!. . . [/size]
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
Wislet:

Madam are u referencing harvard style or ndukka style

@op

If u going by the scriptures i agree to some certain extent , but not every successful  man had a lady to guide and support him o .

So wisley i also await your meaning of Man o!!!!
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by MrsChima1(f): 10:50pm On Oct 26, 2011
Sexkillz

Loan me a dollar.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
[size=14pt]^^I dont have change! cool[/size]
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Natasha2(f): 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2011
op are you trying to say that when driving or walking on the road there is no woman BEHIND you as in ''at your back'' grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lolz just being naughty grin
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by slimyem: 11:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
behind every successful man is a determined spirit and behind every failed man is laziness,directionless,unguided and erratic spirit NOT a girl or a woman.
Every one has a right to choose his/her path,walk through it and desire to succeed with or without support from any man or woman as the case may be
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by claremont(m): 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2011
I consider myself to be a successful man in every respect, but I can't think of any woman who I would say played a minuscule role in my present day achievements. I achieved the little I have achieved today by sheer dint of hard work and being prepared to utilise opportunities which have come my way. As far as I am concerned, every man is responsible for his own success/failure, attributing one's own success/failure to another person, whether it be man or woman, is just being plain defeatist!

The greatest of all men are those who are internally motivated, not those who rely on perceived external agents of motivation.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by NaJaHaJe(f): 11:51pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hia! I feel sorry for your future wives
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by kasiem(m): 12:08am On Oct 27, 2011
Behind every succesful man there is a proud and vindictive woman (swaggerish, flexinh, activity.com woman).
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by freecocoa(f): 12:09am On Oct 27, 2011
Well thinking about this saying,I have come to the conclusion that success truly means different things to different people like someone already said,but if you apply the the phrase " A SUCCESSFUL MAN"in the literal sense the way the society sees it,then that is where Wislet's theory of a Man comes in.
 In the eyes of the society(especially in this part of the world),you are said to be a successful man when you can successfully manage a home with a wife and children.
 No matter how wealthy you are without a wife or children,you are looked upon as a person who hasn't achieved everything you ought to(not minding whether you even want a wife or kid)a man's success is crowned and complete with a family to his name,that is just the NORM.so I guess this is where that saying comes in.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 27, 2011
NaJa HaJe:

Hia! I feel sorry for your future wives
[size=14pt]Call me weird for all i care, but sexkillz in all sincerity, doesnt understand this singular statement! Could you be kind enough to expatiate? Thank you in advance! [/size]smiley
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by MrsChima1(f): 12:19am On Oct 27, 2011
Sexkillz

I didn't know you were polygamous. How many wives you have in mind?
Re: Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 27, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Sexkillz

I didn't know you were polygamous. How many wives you have in mind?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My First And Last Encounter With A Dirty Olosho / What Kind Of Sex Style Will They Like? Photo Included / Is It Ok To Sleep With Your Bestie (pictures Added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.