Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC (9579 Views)

Electronic Collation Of Results Not Compulsory – Ex-INEC Spokesman / Machina: APC’s Submission Of Lawan’s Name Fraudulent, Illegal, Says Lawyer / We’ll Only Do Nationwide Electronic Collation Of Results —INEC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by DesChyko: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2023
Difrent:
The meaning of collation in electoral act maybe different from the dictionary meaning.

Please provide us with the meaning of collation as the electoral act specified it differently.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by DesChyko: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2023
solreb:
I agree with INEC that IREV is not for collation.
1. Define collation.
2. How does the iREV work?
3. Ask for a refund on your education.

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by MadamExcellency: 9:01am On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:

Please provide us with the meaning of collation as the Electoral Act specified it differently.

Thanks in advance.

Using a log table, pen, papers or any device not powered by electricity to calculate the total figures of votes cast and allotted to each candidate in a Nigerian election conducted by INEC
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by DesChyko: 9:05am On Nov 09, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Using a log table, pen, papers or any device not powered by electricity to calculate the total figures of votes cast and allotted to each candidate in a Nigerian election conducted by INEC

I mean, these guys are beyond redemption.

They'd rather use technology to verify real time information instead of market/beer parlour gossip but justify pen/ink alterations on papers that possibly never left the headquarters as against results uploaded in real-time from the field.

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Fearyourcreator: 9:27am On Nov 09, 2023
Brendaniel:
APC and INEC run Nigerians street, for now I am not supporting any candidate coming out for any election, especially in 2027, APC has done a full state capture and don't need your votes to get into office, democracy has been killed in Nigeria.

If any politician will get my support, it is either you are plotting a coup or you are planning a war, or you want to pray like Elijah abi Elisha that stopped rain for 3 and half years, anything less than that to me looks like a waste of time with elections and INEC.
Na you go see war , oponu
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by garfield1: 9:29am On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:

1. Define collation.
2. How does the iREV work?
3. Ask for a refund on your education.

Irev is for result viewing and transmission not collation.xollation is manual.
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Efilse: 9:30am On Nov 09, 2023
GET ANY BOOK OF ANY AUTHOR FOR HALF THE PRICE

SEND A MESSAGE ON WHATSAPP 08174686962
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Brendaniel: 9:37am On Nov 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Na you go see war , oponu

Nothing bad will happen to me but I might bring war for good....
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Fearyourcreator: 9:42am On Nov 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

Nothing bad will happen to me but I might bring war for good....
Na you war go first carry go
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Brendaniel: 9:45am On Nov 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Na you war go first carry go

No...
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by blueAgent(m): 9:50am On Nov 09, 2023
Mosba:
If you are not pleased go to court, organize world press conference, cry on Tv it won't change anything

MUMU shocked
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by slowice(m): 10:35am On Nov 09, 2023
They have now made their abaracadabra public. Shameless country
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Careful4u: 11:25am On Nov 09, 2023
That Iddiot no go die well

Okiton:
cheesy

Criminal INEC
In a 21st century where technology is bridging the gap

It shall never be well with Mahmood Yakubu
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Gucciswaz: 11:59am On Nov 09, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
Goshh... it's unfortunate that after queueing up for hours to cast your votes, your votes still don't count.

After budgeting billions of naira, Only the court now decides who becomes who, not the electorate.

Nigerians stop wasting your precious time on election day because it will never count.

Until there is a credible electronic system of voting where votes can be displayed in real time. Count me out of elections in Nigeria.

Let the courts continue to decide for us.

See, democracy that we are supposed to be enjoying like others in different parts of the world. Black has turned it to something else.

Something is fundamentally wrong with a black man.

that's y i still maintain my stand that anything weh concern voting on election day, I don wash my hands comot just like pontus pialite take wash e hands comot for Jesus Christ death..

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by ufotunang: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
Election rigging loading on Saturday
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Deepthoughts: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:
INEC says IREV not for results collation,

https://punchng.com/off-season-polls-electronic-collation-illegal-says-inec-police-warn-nlc/
Hahahaaah, imagine the shameless nonsense with confidence, INEC now boldly telling Nigerians that we can show you any results but can still declare whatever we want n you can't do nothing, Nigeria is just a disgrace!

2 Likes

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Deepthoughts: 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:
At this point, it will be wise for INEC to just stop issuing these contradictory press conferences and focus on conducting their selection process. Are they implying that they do not rely on Form EC8As for declaring the winner (after all, that's what we expect to see on the iREV) undecided

Which of the definition of 'collate' does iREV not do that makes them utter such careless assumptions that it is not for collation..are they educated at all? After all these weeks and they can't use their terms properly 😑
My brother,I wonder ooh,the NASS need to alter n reenact a new electoral law asap to put a stop to INEC's brigandage n waste of national resources on nothing.its complete nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2023
These smartass bastards are just being clever by half! INEC is nothing but a dept in APC!
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Deepthoughts: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2023
Difrent:

Apart from the Constitution....there's also the Electoral act that sets guidance for INEC.
In all acts or laws..there's the definition of terms section where meaning of terms used in the act are defined.
Get the electoral act and look for the definition of collation....don't rely on this dictionary meaning
please don't use grammar to confuse the situation and support nonsense,you know too well that INEC is just exploiting the gap in the law to create a cover for illegalities n nothing else.
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:46pm On Nov 09, 2023
Passionate1:
If Nigerians dey ready, all dis nonsense go stop. .

Ominous! shocked
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
Mosba:
If you are not pleased go to court, organize world press conference, cry on Tv it won't change anything

Spoken like the true cocksure state-capturer you are!

Nice one! wink
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Fearyourcreator: 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

No...
Imagine ... you want war the. War go carry you , no worries
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Kukutente23: 1:45pm On Nov 09, 2023
I think we need clarity on s62(2) of EA2022 under the heading: 62. Post-election procedure and collation of election results.

(2) The Commission shall compile, maintain and update, on a continuous
basis, a register of election results to be known as the National Electronic
Register of Election Results which shall be a distinct database or repository of
polling unit by polling unit results, including collated election results, of each
election conducted by the Commission in the Federation, and the Register of
Election Results shall be kept in electronic format by the Commission at its
national headquarters.
(3) Any person or political party may obtain from the Commission, on
payment of such fees as may be determined by the Commission, a certified
true copy of any election result kept in the National Electronic Register of
Election Results for a State, Local Government, Area Council, registration
area or Electoral Ward or Polling Unit, as the case may be, and the certified
true copy may be in printed or electronic format.
Also s70
70. Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Commission shall issue and
publish in the Federal Government Gazette, guidelines for the elections which
shall make provisions, among other things, for the step-by-step recording of
the poll in the electoral forms as may be prescribed beginning from the polling
unit to the last collation centre for the ward or constituency where the result
of the election shall be declared.

Based on the two sections above, how exactly is electronic collation illegal?

fergie001 BluntCrazeMan garfield1
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Programmer47: 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2023
duduade:
Dem don start again with their painting painting and cancelling with biro of manual collation

INEC can never and will never move forward

All this is because of the magogo they are deep neck in

Everyone politician who has actually benefitted from this rubbish, God must punish you and your generations Ameeeen

This is why I cannot engage an Apc supporter. The minute I find out you are one, I quietly disassociate myself because people like that are not trustworthy at all.
They can call white black, as far as their interests are involved.

2 Likes

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Programmer47: 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:

I mean, these guys are beyond redemption.

They'd rather use technology to verify real time information instead of market/beer parlour gossip but justify pen/ink alterations on papers that possibly never left the headquarters as against results uploaded in real-time from the field.

Bros, all Apc supporters are dull na. When real matters are being discussed you will never see an Apc supporter with a point to make.
Talk about Ipob or South South or something similar and like flies to faeces, they can't help but gather around.

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Passionate1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

Ominous! shocked

Yes o! Naija future looks ominous. .

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Brendaniel: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Imagine ... you want war the. War go carry you , no worries

No, nothing bad will happen to me, I want war against bad leaders in government...

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Fearyourcreator: 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

No, nothing bad will happen to me, I want war against bad leaders in government...
Same as bad citizens too
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Trumpdonald5: 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG MANNABBQGRILLSs LeoDeKing LegendHero yarimo etc what do you have to say about this. This is the INEC that declared Tinubu winner.

Anyway, you guys can continue to deceive yourselves. We are not ready for growth/development as a country yet.
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Brendaniel: 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Same as bad citizens too

Bad citizens like you....
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Fearyourcreator: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

Bad citizens like you....
I am very sure yahoo boy dey your kinsmen... and am very sure you have family members as civil servants too stealing from the government... dey play ...lolzzzz... hypocrite
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Brendaniel: 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

I am very sure yahoo boy dey your kinsmen... and am very sure you have family members as civil servants too stealing from the government... dey play ...lolzzzz... hypocrite

Maybe if we had a good government they might not be doing what they are doing...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Celebrates Randle General Hospital’s First Babies Of Y2024 / World Leaders Shun Nigeria: As President Buhari Addresses Empty Seats / NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.