Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,772 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC (9578 Views)

Electronic Collation Of Results Not Compulsory – Ex-INEC Spokesman / Machina: APC’s Submission Of Lawan’s Name Fraudulent, Illegal, Says Lawyer / We’ll Only Do Nationwide Electronic Collation Of Results —INEC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by nwakibie3(m): 6:49am On Nov 09, 2023
Then why using it in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Alpharey: 6:51am On Nov 09, 2023
To see that some people are still cheering this useless entity called INEC on baffles me. This people are hell bent on dealing with Nigerians as far as Apc is satisfied. Keep confusing yourselves and not me. Or is there something am not understanding. Somebody else should explain to me. May God bless our legitimate hustles as I remove my mind from all these evil people and face my business. Whatever a man sow, he shall reap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by inkon: 6:53am On Nov 09, 2023

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by nkwoemeka(m): 6:54am On Nov 09, 2023
Who cares.
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Alpharey: 6:57am On Nov 09, 2023
Difrent:

Apart from the Constitution....there's also the Electoral act that sets guidance for INEC.
In all acts or laws..there's the definition of terms section where meaning of terms used in the act are defined.
Get the electoral act and look for the definition of collation....don't rely on this dictionary meaning

So far their hands are clean. We don't need all these contradicting explanation. If not, thunde.........
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by franco3075q(m): 6:59am On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:
INEC says IREV not for results collation,

https://punchng.com/off-season-polls-electronic-collation-illegal-says-inec-police-warn-nlc/
They neva put am 4 inec body wotowoto, d day hand go touch them eh, dem go confirm
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by APCNig: 7:00am On Nov 09, 2023
Brendaniel:
APC and INEC run Nigerians street, for now I am not supporting any candidate coming out for any election, especially in 2027, APC has done a full state capture and don't need your votes to get into office, democracy has been killed in Nigeria.

If any politician will get my support, it is either you are plotting a coup or you are planning a war, or you want to pray like Elijah abi Elisha that stopped rain for 3 and half years, anything less than that to me looks like a waste of time with elections and INEC.

If you come with any of the two illegal activities you mentioned in your second paragraph, you shall be sacrificed to the Yoruba gods of Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Aiyelala and Esu Odara just as was done to the first couple plotter Kaduna Emeka Ezeogwu and the three millions others that stupidity followed Emeka Odumegwu Agbari-Ojukwu in 1967.
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Blackdisciple(m): 7:00am On Nov 09, 2023
Who takeṣ you guys serious again undecided undecided
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by DesChyko: 7:02am On Nov 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

If any politician will get my support, it is either you are plotting a coup or you are planning a war, or you want to pray like Elijah abi Elisha that stopped rain for 3 and half years, anything less than that to me looks like a waste of time with elections and INEC.

See vex😲

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by DesChyko: 7:04am On Nov 09, 2023
nwakibie3:
Then why using it in the first place

200bn naira investment in the drain because certain people want to keep power.

2 Likes

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 7:06am On Nov 09, 2023
This is the peak of it, this is the point I finally lost hope in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by DesChyko: 7:12am On Nov 09, 2023
Difrent:
Get the electoral act and look for the definition of collation....don't rely on this dictionary meaning

I could also have told you to go look it up in a dictionary but I provided it.

Why is it always you people defending things without reference? 🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by DesChyko: 7:15am On Nov 09, 2023
Blitzerz:
Oh so your own portal will differ from results collated.

The seriousness of the situation is the only reason I'm not finding this funny. Our institutions have never had it this bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by YouAreNobody: 7:16am On Nov 09, 2023
There's no more reason to spend billions on elections in this country anymore. INEC should just choose whoever they want.

Useless country
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Blacktruth: 7:17am On Nov 09, 2023
Even the election u guyz are conducting is illegal, so am not surprised
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by phkka1(m): 7:17am On Nov 09, 2023
Democracy has been murdered in Nigeria. Rigging and cheating is now glorified.

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by YouAreNobody: 7:21am On Nov 09, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
Goshh... it's unfortunate that after queueing up for hours to cast your votes, your votes still don't count.

After budgeting billions of naira, Only the court now decides who becomes who, not the electorate.

Nigerians stop wasting your precious time on election day because it will never count.

Until there is a credible electronic system of voting where votes can be displayed in real time. Count me out of elections in Nigeria.

Let the courts continue to decide for us.

See, democracy that we are supposed to be enjoying like others in different parts of the world. Black has turned it to something else.

Something is fundamentally wrong with a black man.

I was thinking to go out and vote on Saturday but I'm just going to stay home. Let them select who they want. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Brendaniel: 7:23am On Nov 09, 2023
APCNig:

If you come with any of the two illegal activities you mentioned in your second paragraph, you shall be sacrificed to the Yoruba gods of Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Aiyelala and Esu Odara just as was done to the first couple plotter Kaduna Emeka Ezeogwu and the three millions others that stupidity followed Emeka Odumegwu Agbari-Ojukwu in 1967.

You think it will be the same pattern, not it won't and nothing bad will happen to me....
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Blitzerz: 7:23am On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:

The seriousness of the situation is the only reason I'm not finding this funny. Our institutions have never had it this bad.
Honestly. It is sad.
And the media is quiet
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by MadamExcellency: 7:24am On Nov 09, 2023
The INEC will be using Four Figure Tables or better still use logarithm tables and number bases to arrive at the winner of the elections.
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Difrent: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:

I could also have told you to go look it up in a dictionary but I provided it.

Why is it always you people defending things without reference? 🤦🏾‍♂️

You don't get it.
The reason why each law has a definition section is so that the meaning it intends for a word is exactly what the word is interpreted to be.
The meaning of collation in electoral act maybe different from the dictionary meaning.

And in electoral matters....the courts will rely on the definition in the act and not the way the English dictionary defined it
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Passionate1(m): 7:33am On Nov 09, 2023
If Nigerians dey ready, all dis nonsense go stop. .

1 Like

Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Mosba: 7:46am On Nov 09, 2023
If you are not pleased go to court, organize world press conference, cry on Tv it won't change anything
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by ElonEmpire: 7:48am On Nov 09, 2023
fkelly:
Badluck Jonathan was a coward.
Big coward
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Integrafamoo: 7:56am On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:
INEC says IREV not for results collation,

https://punchng.com/off-season-polls-electronic-collation-illegal-says-inec-police-warn-nlc/
And billions of naira was spent for a mere display screen. Why not simply creat a WhatsApp or telegram group instead?
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by ElonEmpire: 7:59am On Nov 09, 2023
All hope is dashed, we are back to dark age. Judiciary has made mess of the little progress that was made
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by funshint(m): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2023
This is not different from the verdict of the Supreme Court. IREV is not a result collation platform. It's only a result viewing portal.
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Okechinwadike: 8:12am On Nov 09, 2023
if you don't know what to do on election day, play ludo. voting is a total waste of time
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by aswani(m): 8:20am On Nov 09, 2023
Racoon:
Now electronic collation is now unconstitutional? See where they have landed electioneering and democracy in Nigeria today. Meaning voting is useless.

How is voting useless when IREV was only introduced in the last elections?

Why do you people, and you know who you are, like pretending as if we didn't hold elections in this country before the IREV portal came to be?

We know anything INEC or the Judiciary is anathema to some people right now but at least be logical in their condemnation, bikonu.
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by solreb: 8:20am On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:
At this point, it will be wise for INEC to just stop issuing these contradictory press conferences and focus on conducting their selection process. Are they implying that they do not rely on Form EC8As for declaring the winner (after all, that's what we expect to see on the iREV) undecided

Which of the definition of 'collate' does iREV not do that makes them utter such careless assumptions that it is not for collation..are they educated at all? After all these weeks and they can't use their terms properly 😑
I agree with INEC that IREV is not for collation. Parties should use their copies of Form EC8A from their polling unit agents for collation. This is because it us very possible that not all Form EC8A will get uploaded on to IREV for one reason or the other.
Re: Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC by Fizalis(m): 8:43am On Nov 09, 2023
Head slammers are always against technology of any sort cos it will take away their influence on their subjects!

Okiton:
cheesy

Criminal INEC
In a 21st century where technology is bridging the gap

It shall never be well with Mahmood Yakubu

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra / PDP To Oppose Any Postponement Of Edo, Ondo Polls / Gbajabiamila Celebrates Randle General Hospital’s First Babies Of Y2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.