Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) (51129 Views)

Serial Female Ex-Convict Thief Caught In UNIPORT Hostel (Pics, Video) / Condition Of Rivers State University Hostel: Pics & Video / COVID-19: UNILAG Students Vacating The Hostel (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by jojothaiv(m): 12:09am On Nov 10, 2023
ravensckar:
Our Awo Hall in O.A.U says 'Hello'. cheesy cheesy

There's something about managing public infrastructure that Nigerians still can't get right. You'll see a beautiful building today, go back there and check it after 3 years and you'll feel like vomitting.

Besides, how a right-thinking human will pay 350K to live in such a deplorable and dilapidated building beats my imagination. Education without common sense is truly a waste of time.
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Alhajikd: 2:18am On Nov 10, 2023
jeromestarks:
[sub][/sub][url][/url]
nlfpmod
Seun
This guy insulted me 😭😭😭😭😭
He broke the rules. Ban him.
You are senseless
Ban kee you there
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by InvertedHammer: 4:13am On Nov 10, 2023
/
Now do you feel sorry for Unilag girls or the unlucky sons of gun who will be going down on them? Pick a team.

Dirty things!

I doubt if there is enough antibiotics in the market to cure all the diseases from this toilet.

/
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Pharaohny: 5:06am On Nov 10, 2023
OGUN kill some Lagos LANDLORDS , cos wtf is this ?
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Blackdisciple(m): 6:00am On Nov 10, 2023
Hmmm just imagine 350k and the hostel is like this
That hostel no worth reach 40k with this state, Lagos Lagos lagos
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by ericmor: 6:48am On Nov 10, 2023
ravensckar:
Our Awo Hall in O.A.U says 'Hello'. cheesy cheesy

There's something about managing public infrastructure that Nigerians still can't get right. You'll see a beautiful building today, go back there and check it after 3 years and you'll feel like vomitting.

Besides, how a right-thinking human will pay 350K to live in such a deplorable and dilapidated building beats my imagination. Education without common sense is truly a waste of time.

Na yahoo boy wa wan go school that one go be. How will a right thinking man see such and still make payment. Nonsense
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by ericmor: 7:00am On Nov 10, 2023
A furnished 2 to shear mini flat available for rent around akoka area for male student only.
#240k for annual rent. You can let me know if interested. Thanks
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by ericmor: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2023
clydecarson:

Abeg Y'all stop with this lies...unilag hostel is not 350k,he probably bought it from someone that got bed space

This is my school and I know how things are done here,stop with this lies abeg,when he can use that 350k to 400k to get a place at high rise or ozuluwa.

I have a space for rent outside campus, if you know any responsible male student that is interested, you can quote me here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by ericmor: 7:19am On Nov 10, 2023
Inspirer1:

My thoughts too, you are right

For God's sake these facilities are used by adults (students), who feel comfortable leaving the place dirty, over time such facilities gets degraded such that a full renovation is needed for it to be suitable for use again
It's not that the school management uses the place with them.

However, I think it is also proper for the management to do necessary renovations at the end of every payment cycle.

After my year one in school the hostel i used till I graduated was JAJAH and the place is mostly neat because it was well managed by the school manahement. The only time you could go there and see the toilet looked messed up is in the evening and that doesn't happened every time. All because the management employed cleaners to clean up the toilet every morning. Maintenance is our problem in this country and most of the young folks out there now are not properly brought up and we have so many bastard out there now full of immorality and dirtiness but they go out there claiming fresh boy and fine girls

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by ericmor: 7:19am On Nov 10, 2023
Inspirer1:

My thoughts too, you are right

For God's sake these facilities are used by adults (students), who feel comfortable leaving the place dirty, over time such facilities gets degraded such that a full renovation is needed for it to be suitable for use again
It's not that the school management uses the place with them.

However, I think it is also proper for the management to do necessary renovations at the end of every payment cycle.

After my year one in school the hostel i used till I graduated was JAJAH and the place is mostly neat because it was well managed by the school management. The only time you could go there and see the toilet looked messed up is in the evening and that doesn't happened every time. All because the management employed cleaners to clean up the toilet every morning. Maintenance is our problem in this country and most of the young folks out there now are not properly brought up and we have so many bastard out there now full of immorality and dirtiness but they go out there claiming fresh boy and fine girls

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Inspirer1: 7:59am On Nov 10, 2023
ericmor:

After my year one in school the hostel i used till I graduated was JAJAH and the place is mostly neat because it was well managed by the school management. The only time you could go there and see the toilet looked messed up is in the evening and that doesn't happened every time. All because the management employed cleaners to clean up the toilet every morning. Maintenance is our problem in this country and most of the young folks out there now are not properly brought up and we have so many bastard out there now full of immorality and dirtiness but they go out there claiming fresh boy and fine girls
As in ehn, I wonder how an adult will enter a toilet, use it and choose to leave it DIRTIER than he/she met it undecided
And like u said, its actually people like that who'll be forming big girl or big boy in the public

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Soulifting: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2023
What is the original cost of the hostel.... that's what you should have added to the post.
Aside us discussing the dilapidated nature of the hostel
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by TruthinAction: 8:54am On Nov 10, 2023
Tinubu built Lagos but forgot the school.Our leaders have no shame.
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by descarado: 8:57am On Nov 10, 2023
ebufa:

Yorubas are the dirtiest!

You have not been around Nigeria to conclude that.
I schooled in the East and this toilet I see here is 90% better than what was obtainable in my hostel. Had to go off camp.
Besides, schools especially in lagos are multiethnic.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by themanderon: 10:07am On Nov 10, 2023
Please put a graphic pix disclaimer. sad
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Origin(f): 10:22am On Nov 10, 2023
No one wants to account for any thing.

From the VC to the bursar to the Hostel Manager. Nobody wants to account for how much they have received and what it was used for.

The university Senate cannot justify their budget. Or even rightly defend it.

Mismanagement everywhere. That is not expense for a room, it is usually a bedspace

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by clydecarson(m): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2023
ericmor:

I have a space for rent outside campus, if you know any responsible male student that is interested, you can quote me here. Thanks

Okay boss
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by clydecarson(m): 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2023
ericmor:

Where exactly outside school incase they ask??
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by ericmor: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
clydecarson:

Where exactly outside school incase they ask??

Fola agoro area, after abule oja and if you are coming in through finbas road, it is after pako inward
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by clydecarson(m): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2023
ericmor:

Fola agoro area, after abule oja and if you are coming in through finbas road, it is after pako inward

Okay bro
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by ericmor: 10:51am On Nov 11, 2023
clydecarson:

Okay bro

Thanks
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by OvertheTop(m): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
Truths9ja:
Hmm πŸ€” Nawaoooo

See the 350k hostel in Unilag that has got everyone buzzing

A video which surfaced online has left social media buzzing after a girl shared the hostel in Unilag her friend got which sells at 350k.

According to information, there is usually a balloting procedure done to get hostels in the University and not everyone is fortunate enough to get one.

However, some students who are lucky to get hostels, increase the price and resell to others who want to live in the hostel because of the proximity to classes.

The lady who shared the video of the Makama hostel, claims her friend got hers at an exorbitant price of 350k, but the environment is nothing to write home about.

See the 350k hostel in Unilag that has got everyone buzzing
State of Unilag hostel, Makama that sells at 350k.
The friend lamented how on getting to the room the door was detached, window net torn and there was no electricity coming into the room.

See reactions to the video:

@Ada_Ihiala said: If you have 350k to buy a hostel space, why not get an apartment instead? The point of getting a hostel is mostly the cost and close to school but omo! Since it’s this expensive kuku do your thing!

@softie0001 exclaimed: Ahhh. This is wickedness

@Haywonofficial said: Both of una no serious, you see this one and you do transfer?

@umorumona wrote: Even kirikiri prison no be like dis.

@naomi_akerele said: Na makama be this. Terrible place to stay

https://www.gistreel.com/see-the-350k-hostel-in-unilag-that-has-got-everyone-buzzing/

Try this School instead....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning / Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition / Comfort Ekaette Inyang, BABCOCK Best Student: I Never Had A Boyfriend On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.