Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) (51110 Views)

Serial Female Ex-Convict Thief Caught In UNIPORT Hostel (Pics, Video) / Condition Of Rivers State University Hostel: Pics & Video / COVID-19: UNILAG Students Vacating The Hostel (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by isan(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2023
Una dey pay 25k tuition fee and still want enjoyment How much una dey pay for Ghana , uk , us and Canada? shocked
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Racoon(m): 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2023
Yet they were rattling UNILAG is the best when the condition of UNN Franco hostel was posted here last yea

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Passionate888: 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
Tinubu sef
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by KarinaSlim(f): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
350K?

That's much.

When I was in Unilag, Hostel was 25K.

The hottest and most beautiful female hostel was Moremi Hall.

While Makama Hall is for ugly girls grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Naijanascam: 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2023
The parasites won't be happy with this news and the defenders of evil with empty stomach won't be happy as well

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Yankee101: 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
4 of you will get a better place off campus with that amount of money

Lagos has become too monetized with little benefits to show

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Shimran(m): 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
Is this a Hostel or Animal Husbandry?
I'm pleading with UNN not to upload theirs.
I don't want to feel nauseous & possibly puke this morning. Learnt UNN has got gutters inside dia rooms.
grin
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Nicoddemus(m): 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
sad
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Saidfx(m): 7:39pm On Nov 09, 2023
ravensckar:
Our Awo Hall in O.A.U says 'Hello'. cheesy cheesy

There's something about managing public infrastructure that Nigerians still can't get right. You'll see a beautiful building today, go back there and check it after 3 years and you'll feel like vomitting.

Besides, how a right-thinking human will pay 350K to live in such a deplorable and dilapidated building beats my imagination. Education without common sense is truly a waste of time.

Gbam
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by israelmao(m): 7:39pm On Nov 09, 2023
University community should be given autonomy to manage its facilities and provide needed infrastructures.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by dododawa1: 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2023
obawinner:
False news, the hostel is charged at 40k by the school authority. but due to demand and greed, their fellow student removed the FG subsidy to resale at 200k -350k.
The school management are doing a great job keeping the hostel facilities clean at such ridiculous price inclusive of 24/7 power supply and 7am- 5pm cleaning service but of course it is overpopulated, overused by same students.

When a buyer eventually buys it for 250k, he or she will have another illegal occupants who pays 100k to squat another students effectively overusing the scares hostel facilities.

DEVIL is a Lier
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by porthouse7(f): 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2023
No be una spoil am

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by LoveTalk(f): 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2023
So dirty.
350k for this and they can't go and rent apartment outside campus?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by dododawa1: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2023
Na dirty pig

STUDENTS

Spoil d place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by 12345baba(m): 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2023
Our German chancellor Unilag. Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by CollectMoney: 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
obawinner:
False news, the hostel is charged at 40k by the school authority. but due to demand and greed, their fellow student removed the FG subsidy to resale at 200k -350k.
The school management are doing a great job keeping the hostel facilities clean at such ridiculous price inclusive of 24/7 power supply and 7am- 5pm cleaning service but of course it is overpopulated, overused by same students.

When a buyer eventually buys it for 250k, he or she will have another illegal occupants who pays 100k to squat another students effectively overusing the scares hostel facilities.

No need to over explain, we attended Nigerian universities and know the modus operandi.
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by diamond68: 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
its not too bad
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Burneracct: 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
Lack of options. Places closer to school are going to be more expensive. Then again being living far from school is expensive. Timewise and moneywise.
ravensckar:

There's something about managing public infrastructure that Nigerians still can't get right. You'll see a beautiful building today, go back there and check it after 3 years and you'll feel like vomitting.

Besides, how a right-thinking human will pay 350K to live in such a deplorable and dilapidated building beats my imagination. Education without common sense is truly a waste of time.
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Banbanna(m): 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
Gutter keh! Na pigstyπŸ€”πŸ˜Έ. Hope this isn't a mere hearsay
APOPTOSIS:
I don't want to feel nauseous & possibly puke this morning. Learnt UNN has got gutters inside dia rooms.
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by tunde1200(m): 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
This is so disheartening
A whole unilag for that matter
One of the best universities in Nigeria.
Federal Government!!! This is a big shame

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Berankis: 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
ravensckar:

Is anything normal in this country? Are we normal people in this country?
Our problem in Nigeria is about us, we are the country's misfortune and not the other way round.
She did not even show it well, it's much worse than that. And it's not about "Unilag", it's about Nigeria and Nigerians. We simply just bunch of useless people.
A student got that hostel for about 10% of that amount and see what she (a female hostel) is subletting for? And later we shout Tinubu, Atiku, Abacha, Obasanjo, Jonathan but we are much worse than these people.

5 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by descarado: 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2023
This one looks good.
Nigerians don't know toilet hygiene
And school authority is not helping matters.
No regulatory authority that supervises and sanction schools.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Bliztzer: 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2023
Truths9ja:
Hmm πŸ€” Nawaoooo

See the 350k hostel in Unilag that has got everyone buzzing

A video which surfaced online has left social media buzzing after a girl shared the hostel in Unilag her friend got which sells at 350k.

According to information, there is usually a balloting procedure done to get hostels in the University and not everyone is fortunate enough to get one.

However, some students who are lucky to get hostels, increase the price and resell to others who want to live in the hostel because of the proximity to classes.

The lady who shared the video of the Makama hostel, claims her friend got hers at an exorbitant price of 350k, but the environment is nothing to write home about.

See the 350k hostel in Unilag that has got everyone buzzing
State of Unilag hostel, Makama that sells at 350k.
The friend lamented how on getting to the room the door was detached, window net torn and there was no electricity coming into the room.

See reactions to the video:

@Ada_Ihiala said: If you have 350k to buy a hostel space, why not get an apartment instead? The point of getting a hostel is mostly the cost and close to school but omo! Since it’s this expensive kuku do your thing!

@softie0001 exclaimed: Ahhh. This is wickedness

@Haywonofficial said: Both of una no serious, you see this one and you do transfer?

@umorumona wrote: Even kirikiri prison no be like dis.

@naomi_akerele said: Na makama be this. Terrible place to stay

https://www.gistreel.com/see-the-350k-hostel-in-unilag-that-has-got-everyone-buzzing/

Make una go see uniben. Most Nigerian University na like sepulchre(outside go look beautiful, inside na rot)

3 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Menclothing: 7:51pm On Nov 09, 2023
Government gave u at 40k u sell at 350k
Nigerians are wicked than the leaders now if government decide to charge 250k and manage it themselves you will cry fowl
They will be buying iphone and car and can’t pay 100k fees

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by JOMAX: 7:51pm On Nov 09, 2023
Please and please, things like this hunt people in their dreams for a lifetime and damages human psych. Government should not allow this level of decadence for any reason whatsoever. Chai...

Person go come dey get dream where e dey try escape from mounds of shit and piss on foul smelling toilets with slimy walls... Arrrrgggggg......
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Juniorangel(m): 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
The Almighty Unilag that some people were shining their congo for

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by BeardGangJnr1(m): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
Omo.....😁😁😁
True true..UNN own worse..better girls hostel seff...boys own...nawa πŸ™†β€β™‚οΈπŸ™†β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜©

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by descarado: 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2023
If you build this type of mens room in any Nigerian university, give the place one year and it will become like the ones in naija unis.

We are naturally dirty.
Very dirty people.
Of course authority will embezzle fund for maintainance.

Na only naija food still dey okay.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Originalsly: 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2023
I don't blame the management. University students are almost always on the frontline protesting and bringing about change ... even in China. Here we have University students that can't even organize to bring about change in their slum hostel.... and paying to reside there too. They deserve to be left in the gutter.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by nairalanda1(m): 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2023
You want better university hostels, pay higher fees, probably as high as 2-3 million naira a year, then we can talk.

No, I am not abusing the poor. This is what happens when education is heavily subsidised. Bad quality results. We cry that sane countries have hostels that look like hotels, when in real life, those students in sane countries pay high fees, or their parent is giving the government at all levels there nearly 50 % of their incomes

Go to most developing countries where education is heavily subsidised, and you end up with the above.

Our budget for education is 2 billion dollars.Half of that is how much one hospital in the US spent on expanding its facilites one year. Yet that 2 billion is supposed to make all our primary schools, secondary schools and all the tertiary institutions look like modern schools. I dey laugh like hyena.

When I say that FEES NEED TO BE RAISED...people come and abuse me, shout at me , etc. Yet, see years of paying 'people's fees' and what do we have? Shitty hostels. Hostels that are not fit for human living. Yet the poor have to breathe....breathe...in places that are damaging to the psyche

We keep lying to ourselves that education is cheap. It is a lie we tell ourselves every year, for decades, under every admin. Educations is not cheap, it is effing expensive. It costs money...and it costs even more money.

And yes, students are selling their spaces for 350k. Because we don't have the money to expand facilites. Universites do not have the cash to build new hostels. All new hostels are being built by private individuals, who won't maintain them, so at the end, they all get messed up, because accomondation fees cannot pay for proper maintenance.

And now 40% of university revenue has to go to the government

Abuse me, curse me, etc....but university is effing expensive. And God knows I effing hate the fact. I effing wish I could send every Nigerian to school for free. Like in Demnark. But them Danes in return for free education spend half their salaries on taxes to government

Denmark by the way has less than 30 m people, and spends 30 billion on education, as well as 8 times our GDP per student...on funding. And like I said, everyone pays tax

But in Nigeria, we have to let the poor breathe.

Abuse away. Reality is lacking on this site.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning / Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition / Comfort Ekaette Inyang, BABCOCK Best Student: I Never Had A Boyfriend On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.