Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter (39302 Views)

Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State / Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) / Accredited Amala Joints In Nigeria (2018 List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Blaze14k: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
Sleekfingers:

What u just said now is totally baseless and hateful. I asked u who made the statement u couldn't point out. See I understand what is going on u people clearly don't like igbos and I still don't know what an igbo man did to a yoruba man. For the fact that we wanted biafra u disagree now obi came to contest buh the hatred got worse and personal.

Personally I love yoruba people buh what u guys displayed was one of biggest shock I've ever seen from u guys. I'm sorry to say u guys have lost my respect.

Ok the election is over instead of u to mind ur business since tinubu won yet u r still dragging obi and igbos which shows that u still despise us. Besides labour party is not even an igbo party yet u guy have characterised obidients and LP as igbos.

So many things I see here really disguste me buh such is life one day things will change completely. Igbos are liberal and I don't have any apology for that so if u don't like us join us put effort for us to part ways
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by hafeeanubasy: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2023
gammarays:

If there's anything higher than legend, that's what we're aiming for bro
You have always been.
Enough of the grandstanding

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Sleekfingers: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2023
Blaze14k:

What u just said now is totally baseless and hateful. I asked u who made the statement u couldn't point out. See I understand what is going on u people clearly don't like igbos and I still don't know what an igbo man did to a yoruba man. For the fact that we wanted biafra u disagree now obi came to contest buh the hatred got worse and personal.

Personally I love yoruba people buh what u guys displayed was one of biggest shock I've ever seen from u guys. I'm sorry to say u guys have lost my respect.

Ok the election is over instead of u to mind ur business since tinubu won yet u r still dragging obi which shows that u still despise igbos. Besides labour party is not even an igbo party yet u guy have characterised obidients and LP as igbos.

So many things I see here really disguste me buh such is life one day things will change completely

The igbo people make that statements. Are you telling me, you are not aware? Prior to the election, do you listen to radio stations in Lagos? Apart from that, are you telling me, you are not aware?
To be sincere with you, I don't hate the igbo or any tribe in Nigeria. But the igbo are the one fanning the hatred. And they got what they have been asking for.
To be frank with you. Their matter is on the table in Lagos, enough of the insults......you can't be living in my state and be calling me all sorta names openly. It is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by fregeneh(m): 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
tollyboy5:

I'm a native lagosian. Amala is not a native food in Lagos, neither is it common in my hometown Epe. But when some Oyo women started cooking amala 4 my people boom! grin grin grin grin

You can suppress amala, and besides Enugu state is just like Lagos and abuja
what food is native to lagos?
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Blaze14k: 4:43pm On Nov 10, 2023
Sleekfingers:

The igbo people make that statements. Are you telling me, you are not aware? Prior to the election, do you listen to radio stations in Lagos? Apart from that, are you telling me, you are not aware?
To be sincere with you, I don't hate the igbo or any tribe in Nigeria. But the igbo are the one fanning the hatred. And they got what they have been asking for.
To be frank with you. Their matter is on the table in Lagos, enough of the insults......you can't be living in my state and be calling me all sorta names opening. It is unacceptable.

So before the election igbo people started campaigning, shouting Lagos is a no man's land. Like I don't get it.. one thing should lead to the other and how were u able to identify its igbos who made the statement. See as far as I'm concerned both south south and southeast u guys call them omo igbo. See no one is claiming ur land cos if we are u would hav seen guns flying everywhere. U guys are clearly instigating hatred for no reason. Let go of the past and move on with ur life u people are over reacting. Like I said if u don't find igbos welcome chase them away from lagos by force or rather u help us fight for biafra. All these flimsy excuses won't solve anything rather u will form something else and tag it igbo. Make ur intensions known instead of beating around the bush
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Sleekfingers: 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
Blaze14k:

So before the election igbo people started campaigning, shouting Lagos is a no man's land. Like I don't get it.. one thing should lead to the other and how were u able to identify its igbos who made the statement. See as far as I'm concerned both south south and southeast u guys call them omo igbo. See no one is claiming ur land cos if we are u would hav seen guns flying everywhere. U guys are clearly instigating hatred for no reason. Let go of the past and move on with ur life u people are over reacting. Like I said if u don't find igbos welcome chase them away from lagos by force or rather u help us fight for biafra. All these flimsy excuses won't solve anything rather u will form something else and tag it igbo. Make ur intensions known instead of beating around the bush

The no man's land statement has been going on for so many years. Are you telling me you are not aware? Maybe you don't stay in Lagos.
It got nothing to do with the election. It is an anger that has been building up for so many years. And the last election was just an avenue to exhibit that anger. ....which was expected.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 you are very funny. You said, we should help you fight for Biafra, are for real?

Wole soyinka was a strong supporter of Biafra, against the killings of igbo, during the Civil War. Now you guys are calling him so many unprintable names.......
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Blaze14k: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2023
Sleekfingers:

The no man's land statement has been going on for so many years. Are you telling me you are not aware? Maybe you don't stay in Lagos.
It got nothing to do with the election. It is an anger that has been building up for so many years. And the last election was just an avenue to exhibit that anger. ....which was expected.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 you are very funny. You said, we should help you fight for Biafra, are for real?

Wole soyinka was a strong supporter of Biafra, against the killings of igbo, during the Civil War. Now you guys are calling him so many unprintable names.......

Like i said former gov jakande made the statement, shehu shagari made the statement so why did igbo person say it and u now find it offensive. Besides when so many slaves returned from Jamaica and other parts of the world most of them settled in lagos. Even after the civil war the yorubas pleaded with igbos to return back and continue with there business. You just have a personal hatred with igbos that's all I see and u find it very difficult to accept the truth. Try and find a way to move on and find peace within urself.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Sleekfingers: 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2023
Blaze14k:

Like i said former gov jakande made the statement, shehu shagari made the statement so why did igbo person say it and u now find it offensive. Besides when so many slaves returned from Jamaica and other parts of the world most of them settled in lagos. Even after the civil war the yorubas pleaded with igbos to return back and continue with there business. You just have a personal hatred with igbos that's all I see and u find it very difficult to accept the truth. Try and find a way to move on and find peace within urself.

The bolded. What has that got to do with what we are talking about?

The manner the igbo say that No man's land is what is making we Lagosians angry.

Do you know why jakande made such an idiotic statement? I believe you know that, he later apologized?

I repeat I don't hate the igbo. But you can't insult me and expect handshakes.
If them like make dem continue. What happened last election, will be a child's play.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Probz(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
We complain of racism but on our very doorstep is a huge amount of tribalism. Same-country foreigners. But we have the guts to single out white people as still being especially bad to people who aren’t their own (racism is a very serious problem even now, don’t get me wrong).
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dodada: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Karemarealty288:
Some bigots will not know that Amala is called Alibo in Igbo....why the banta?

Even your 'Alibo' is a borrowed word from Yoruba 'Alubo.' Which is the powder used to make the amala. Amala just like Egusi is a Yoruba food.

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dodada: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2023
Ebows and tribalism...like 5 & 6.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Blaze14k: 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2023
Sleekfingers:

The bolded. What has that got to do with what we are talking about?

The manner the igbo say that No man's land is what is making we Lagosians angry.

Do you know why jakande made such an idiotic statement? I believe you know that, he later apologized?

I repeat I don't hate the igbo. But you can't insult me and expect handshakes.
If them like make dem continue. What happened last election, will be a child's play.

Why I gave such illustration is to point out how diverse Lagos is but it doesn't mean they are owner of the land. Lagos state harbor people from different tribes and religion.

One mistake u guys is that omo igbo thing. Throughout Nigeria there's never an incident igbos kill to take someone's land by force. The only tribe that does that are the fulani's. And every tribe in Nigeria have problem with them cos of that forceful encroachment of someone's land.

Look igbos are liberal in nature and we love to say our mind without the fear of anyone. Look this stuff u r complaining is just a scratch to what we've gone through yet we are not broken.

Listen we are not at war with u yoruba and no one is claiming ur land. All these issues we are having is totally unnecessary and u will see a change within ur environment. The internet is toxic place don't take it too serious. What some say to ur face is different. Let's leave in peace bro
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Sleekfingers: 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2023
Blaze14k:

Why I gave such illustration is to point out how diverse Lagos is but it doesn't mean they are owner of the land. Lagos state harbor people from different tribes and religion.

One mistake u guys is that omo igbo thing. Throughout Nigeria there's never an incident igbos kill to take someone's land by force. The only tribe that does that are the fulani's. And every tribe in Nigeria have problem with them cos of that forceful encroachment of someone's land.

Look igbos are liberal in nature and we love to say our mind without the fear of anyone. Look this stuff u r complaining is just a scratch to what we've gone through yet we are not broken.

Listen we are not at war with u yoruba and no one is claiming ur land. All these issues we are having is totally unnecessary and u will see a change within ur environment. The internet is toxic place don't take it too serious. What some say to ur face is different. Let's leave in peace bro

I am strongly in support of a peaceful coexistence.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by JagabanB: 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2023
Raydos:

Let me guess, You're legally blind or you're just one of those few rich people's kids?
U folks talk lousily too much.
The other day one of u said "the average 3 bedroom flat in Nigeria costs almost a million naira for a year's rent" which is a fat lie.
U saying most homes can't afford 3 meals, what are your statistics?
Another blab?
Bring ur statistics not roadside talk.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:03am On Nov 11, 2023
chubinwa:
But truth be said. That thing doesn't look like food. Amala can be acceptable but that ewedu shit is a no no even in igboland. It's not our thing
And you think that the guy put a gun to anybody's head to eat it??
Eat whatever you want, whether it is Oha soup, Okra or whatever. Tribalism don reach sotey you guys go dey give ultimatum on what other people eat now when it isn't illegal. Wahala wahala. 😂😂
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:06am On Nov 11, 2023
viodemus:
Igbos don't have the level of tribalism that the north, islamic sw, and some minority tribes have. Igbos just now dey learn tribalism business Nigerian style. Igbos have a lot of tribalism catch up to do. The rest dun go far.

They 419/defrauded the igbos with Lagos, they defrauded the igbos with the security structure and personal. They want to defraud the igbos (non muslims) from Abj. And economic progress.
Dey play.
A lot of Nigerians are tribalist in nature, irrespective of where they are from. Whether from the South, East, North or West.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:07am On Nov 11, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Lagos is a spot for all... besides ....they wanna do a festival on amala...that's total trash ...
Sha don't start another civil war because of an irrelevant issue o. 😂😂
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:15am On Nov 11, 2023
tollyboy5:

I'm a native lagosian. Amala is not a native food in Lagos, neither is it common in my hometown Epe. But when some Oyo women started cooking amala 4 my people boom! grin grin grin grin

You can suppress amala, and besides Enugu state is just like Lagos and abuja
Enugu State is part of Igboland though, same as Lagos State is a part of Yoruba land.
And we're wondering why Nigeria is always retrogressing under our corrupt and clueless leaders when we only care about tribalism instead of the country, but will only complain about the rot in social media with do nothing about it.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:23am On Nov 11, 2023
90dbest:
You dey mind them . They want hide behind the gimmick that Igbo are not liberal and tolerant to blackmail us into accepting their discrimination and political marginalization, The same people that denied us voting in Lagos even to the extent of physically beating our people, have now turned around to preach tolerance. You have to be a monster to fight off a monster. We are learning from them, and Igbo is always a fast learner. The problem we have are those naive Lagos brought-up children who are not aware how Yoruba see them behind their back
A tribal bigot looking for justification for something he knows is wrong. The same way APC has been giving Nigerians excuses for their failures since 2015.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:28am On Nov 11, 2023
Kilometres:

Shouldn't that be her choice?

It's like you don't know the kind of people you're dealing with?
Majority of them are eager to engage in tribal slurs and shenanigans with everyone, they literally eat, shit and breath tribalism. They have their counterparts in all parts and ethnic groups of the country.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:32am On Nov 11, 2023
UncleKoboko:

OSU PIGS ARE REALLY PATHETIC FOOLS

Where's Taylor89 ?
Osu pigs??
Why are you calling people that nonsensical slurs cos of their tribe??
You're one and the same with those ethnic bigots, birds of a feather flock together.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:36am On Nov 11, 2023
SonofLothbrok:
There is nothing wrong in eating Amala, but hosting Amala festival in our land is a no go area.

All this boys and girls that were brought up in Yoruba land should know we don't tolerate nonsense in Igbo land.

Better be warned. You will regret your actions if you don't respect our laws.
Please can you clarify your last statement, do you mean that there's a law against such in Igboland?? 🤔🤔🤔
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:40am On Nov 11, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Enugu is not like lagos and Abuja... only Rivers is ...
Is Rivers part of Igboland?
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:47am On Nov 11, 2023
HardBishop:

pls that soup festival should never near Igbo land... pls.
the hatred has began, and we shall see the end of it.
In God's name, don't attack and kill your fellow Igbos because of tribal bigotry abeg. Let whoever wants to eat Tuwo, Amala or Akpu do that in peace. This life no suppose hard reach this level na.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:54am On Nov 11, 2023
chiagozien:
They should carry their shit to waste.

We must learn to behave like them.
Behave like who?
You're always trying so hard to provide justification for your evil deeds or wrongs. 😂😂😂
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 2:55am On Nov 11, 2023
chiagozien:
Why would Igbos be at peace with those that always wish evil to them
Who are those that are wishing evil against the Igbo people?
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 3:15am On Nov 11, 2023
Blaze14k:

Bro this argument is totally unnecessary besides obi didn't get votes in northernwest either
It is bro.
I've seen hundreds of Igbo people accuse Yorubas of ethnic bigotry because some of them didn't vote for Peter Obi, an Igbo man. The same Peter Obi won one of the Yoruba states, while Tinubu got only one percent of the total votes from Igboland combined. Yet Yoruba people are tribalists while Igbos are not according to your narrative.
To further buttress my point, I voted for Peter Obi too cos I believe that he's a better evil compared to the other evils vying for the presidential seat.
If Obi didn't get enough votes in the Northwest, then take it up with people there. Abi na Yoruba people dey occupy Northwest too??
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 3:17am On Nov 11, 2023
Blaze14k:

Hmmm this guy is mental who told u igbos hate awolowo and abiola
It's like you're a JJC on this forum.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 3:19am On Nov 11, 2023
Blaze14k:

You are funny before obi who did igbos vote. Stop being petty
But you said in your comment that you drew your conclusion based on the 2023 election na?
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 3:28am On Nov 11, 2023
chiagozien:
Is there any reasonable Yoruba?

No.
Hundreds of thousands or even millions of Yorubas including myself voted for Peter Obi, while some Yorubas voted against him. Yet, all the Yorubas are tribal bigots and unreasonable according to you. A Yoruba man got just one percent of the total votes in all of Igboland combined. The you and your tribal ilks that are reasonable are busy attacking mere food because it is associated with a tribe that you hate with all your being. You're obviously delusional. 😂😂
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 3:30am On Nov 11, 2023
Probz:

Abacha’s not even that hard to prepare.
Really, drop the recipe on the forum jor. The last time I ate it was during my service year in 2021.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Dybala11(m): 3:34am On Nov 11, 2023
HardBishop:

you started it, thinking we're foooools🤣🤣.. don't worry more is coming. una go hear word wella
You think that the issue of tribalism started in 2023?
The funniest of it all was when some tribalists were saying that Yorubas are tribal bigots on Nairaland because Peter Obi didn't win in other Yoruba states, like he won in Lagos. Yet Tinubu only got one percent of all the total votes in Igboland, with majority of those tribal bigots using Tinubu's tribe as their point of reference. I don't see Tinubu as the best we have to offer even before now, definitely has nothing to do with his tribe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs / 5 Interesting Reasons Why Suya Is Prepared In The Evening / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.