Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video (31159 Views)

How To Hold The Steering Wheel Correctly / Please Tell Me About This Type Of Avalon With Gear Selector On The Steering / Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by paymentvoucher: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
shocked
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by SALLYBERRY01(m): 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
He don drink
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Dexy4yah(m): 6:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Fadakings(m): 6:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
Difficult times we're in, especially in a complicated country such as ours, plus keeping up with the hustle and bustle in lagos state. God help us.
Iagos:
I boarded a bus from Ajah to Oshodi and noticed an unsettling driving behavior from the driver. I suspected he was sleeping, I recorded a video and caught him dozing off while driving on the 3rd Mainland Bridge. Concerned for my safety, I chose to end my journey at Oworo, prioritizing my well-being to avoid potential risks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTJYOSpWIA0?feature=shared

2 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by pek(m): 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2023
decatalyst:
So many people are overworking themselves to put food on the table.

Some people think driving is easy, especially in this Nigeria that 85% of the route to your destination is bad.

You did the right thing by highlighting alighting, but you could have alerted other passagers and urge the driver to park and walk around.

Someone could volunteered to play very loud music by his side or engage him on politics or football. 😁

To survive as a man is not an easy thing.

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by CHIOMAEZEH: 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
I can't count how many times I have slept on steering ....I park and take a quick nap

2 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by federal9: 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
I once boarded a Young Shall Grow bus in 2013, every other person on the bus was sleeping except me. I had to check on the driver, and he was dozing.

I changed am for am. Everyone was amazed.

I did a video before shouting at him. I had to show everyone and nobody slept till each passenger arrived at his/her destination.

Note: I am not trying to demarket the company, it is still my best when it comes to traveling to the east or ABJ from Lagos. I was only pointing out my ordeal.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Pootle: 6:07pm On Nov 13, 2023
las las the end will come sooner or later all being go die.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by AbuTwins: 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:
I boarded a bus from Ajah to Oshodi and noticed an unsettling driving behavior from the driver. I suspected he was sleeping, I recorded a video and caught him dozing off while driving on the 3rd Mainland Bridge. Concerned for my safety, I chose to end my journey at Oworo, prioritizing my well-being to avoid potential risks.

You don almost reach the end why comot?
You for don fall inside ocean on third mainland bridge!

I see no reason you are coming down when you're already passed the bridge at Oworo!

2 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by smasher1(m): 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:

Only God would save us. I once entered a bus from Benin to Lagos N500 2006 around 5pm. At Ondo state the tire had issue and entered another bus N300 from Ondo to Lagos around 6:30pm. The driver was sleeping. But we got to Lagos 12:30am on Saturday. I trekked a far distance to my friend place as there was no vehicle from Berger to Akute and slept until the next morning and continued my journey home. Only God would save us from dangers seen and unseen.

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by chicfarmer: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2023
undecided
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Hustle no easy for dis we CUNTREE.

Most of them take like 4 to 6 SACHET of HOT GIN before hitting the road..

It could also be stress from hustle!

If too say na me de front. Na hot SLAP i for use ALERT am!

People's life's are involve bro!

Any mistake na different story we go de hear so..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
At least you no go use your kala blast blast him left leg grin

3 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Sibbb: 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
I never thought someone could sleep on steering until I experienced it myself.
2021 I took my Camry from Benin to Lagos to hustle Uber and bolt. No where to sleep. At night I will park near a club around island, could only get 2 hours sleep each night, by the 2 week of my hustle I begin to sleep while driving. Man it was crazy experience. Man don pass through many things all to provide for the family

10 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by larryeffizy1(m): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nig ñ Lagos hustle pro max shâá!

Next time, make una dey follow am gist till you get to your destination

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by omoadeleye(m): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2023
slowpoke, just wake him up and keep his company, but you decided to take his video without his consent.

Moronic gen z buffoon

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by tkgindofa(m): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2023
And you didn't tell other passengers

3 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by blamingthedevil: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Op is not a good human being ... instead of you to wake him up, keep him company and inform other passengers... you keep recording and came down at Oworo alone

8 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Voiceofthestree: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bro many things deh sub for this kontry I swear I have experienced it more than 3time the last one happen on Jebba bridge nah long story people are really overworking themselves I swear

2 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by dododawa1: 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
Increase his

SALARY

ASAP
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Originalsly: 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:

Concerned for my safety, I chose to end my journey at Oworo, prioritizing my well-being to avoid potential risks.

You should be ashamed to post this. I can't believe someone is so foolish to sit in the front seat and be recording the driver sleeping while driving. Weren't you concerned about your safety then? Then you are here letting us know you are a verrry selfish person ... as long as you're ok..OK... everybody else can go to hell. Take a look at your experience and the action you took.... and a similar experience by 1TrippleCee immediately below yours .... you should learn something about yourself.

9 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by rollywise(m): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2023
You even get mind stay that long dey do video. The way I'll raise alarm, people go gather like say him thief. Small thing now na inside lagoon then we go begin read another bad news for front page here. God forbid
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by sylve11: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2023
Life nor easy. cool
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Inspirer1: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2023
Originalsly:

You should be ashamed to post this. I can't believe someone is so foolish to sit in the front seat and be recording the driver sleeping while driving. Weren't you concerned about your safety then? Then you are here letting us know you are a verrry selfish person ... as long as you're ok..OK... everybody else can go to hell. Take a look at your experience and the action you took.... and a similar experience by 1TrippleCee immediately below yours .... you should learn something about yourself.
He should have alerted the other passengers and the driver himself, and allow the driver to take a nap if possible since he said they were on the 3rd Mainland Bridge, or someone else who can drive take over the steering till they get to Oworonshoki where everyone can alight for him to take a proper nap.

His action as a passenger was dangerous and selfish.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by prickursense: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2023
Is it overwork? or is it alcohol?

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by oliverwrites: 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
I was travelling from abuka to oyo driver was sleeping. Straight i told some assengerss. We scoped him we wanted to urinate.

Once he stopped, we told him we werent hurrying and he should rest thirty minutes.

Nigerians are overworked. And need to work four times extra to maintain their living
Thank you for being so considerate. People are going through a lot of shiit in this country. I was once admitted in a general hospital and people legit could not afford 1500 naira to eat per day. I had to self discharge as I could not bare seeing people suffering and in that particular ward, helping people is restricted which made it even more difficult.

We should try to help as many people as people, it is the only thing we can do.

3 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Kasdat5(m): 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
I was going from Lagos - Kano 1 time , I was close to
Ife when I sighted road safety on the road , I jejely parked & told them I was feing sleepy & tired AF. They sharply brought a camp bed for me which I slept for more than 30 mins. Passanger were vexed through through out the trip . I just arrived from Abj the previous day & got to the park by 1a.m only to be on the road back by past 6a.m ..
Drivers no be machine.

9 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Redhot111(m): 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
I was once traveling from Benin to Abuja and somewhere close to lokoja I caught our driver sleeping. Luckily I was seated close to him. So I had to place my hand gently on the steering before giving him a gentle tap. And just like I thought, he suddenly woke up to steer the steering if not that I was holding it God alone knows what would have happened. When we eventually got to lokoja to rest, he told me he just drove to Benin from Lagos over the night and was told by the transport manager to drive us to Abuja that same morning. He actually thanked be for not letting others know what happened.

Most of these drivers are actually over worked by those transport companies especially during festive season.

11 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by sslcrypt: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2023
decatalyst:
So many people are overworking themselves to put food on the table.

Some people think driving is easy, especially in this Nigeria that 85% of the route to your destination is bad.

You did the right thing by highlighting, but you could have alerted other passagers and urge the driver to park and walk around.

Someone could volunteered to play very loud music by his side or engage him on politics or football. 😁

To survive as a man is not an easy thing.

That's the truth, any passenger is front is the copilot. I always have extra energy drink with me when travelling by road because I always give the driver halfway through the journey to give him the desired boaster to make it to the end. And they always love it

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by achorladey: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2023
Similar stuff happened on a journey to Abeoktuta. The Driver was already swerving to towards another car on the other lane when he was caught sleeping while on the steering. Sharperly, we ask am to stop and relax a bit.

Some of them tend to wake up very early and sometimes those incomplete sleeping hours affect them while driving.

3 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Headward: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2023
It has happened to me also on two occasions from Kaduna to Ondo State. The worse was all other passengers had slept. Na only me God used for them that night. Baba God thank you

2 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by easzypeaszy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
U left the risky part n stopped at Oworo?
U no well at all.
Next time raise alarm and leave the rest to Lagosians

2 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Fineone(m): 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
1001 ways to die shocked
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
E no easy at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bus Hits & Kills Some Cows In Delta State (Photos) / What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? / 2019 Lexus ES Unveiled (photos, Details And Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.