Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video (31169 Views)

How To Hold The Steering Wheel Correctly / Please Tell Me About This Type Of Avalon With Gear Selector On The Steering / Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by membranus: 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pootle:
las las the end will come sooner or later all being go die.

But no be by accident, we pray.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Iagos: 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2023
motionarena:

Did u inform d other passengers.

I did o!
Na shout i shout o. Driver deny.

I tell them sha, make them watch am o, say him dey sleep, Before i commot

2 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Iagos: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2023
Invest4growth:
Why are these drivers like this? But the passenger should have alerted others to avoid stories that touch. You should have made noise on it to other motorists

I informed the passengers.

At first i didn't believe he was actually sleeping. When i confirmed it. I cos wahala before i commot o. Driver no still gree say him dey sleep.

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Iagos: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2023
Originalsly:

You should be ashamed to post this. I can't believe someone is so foolish to sit in the front seat and be recording the driver sleeping while driving. Weren't you concerned about your safety then? Then you are here letting us know you are a verrry selfish person ... as long as you're ok..OK... everybody else can go to hell. Take a look at your experience and the action you took.... and a similar experience by 1TrippleCee immediately below yours .... you should learn something about yourself.

Calm down. After fighting with driver that he's sleeping, he denied. I needed to confirm before i raise false alarm.
Some passengers joined with the driver to dismiss me. Some passengers alighted with me sha. I warned everybody before i came down. You couldn't have done better than what i did. This is Lagos we are talking about. Before you know it, the driver may have started physical fight with me.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Deogratiasfx: 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2023
1Alex:
Instead of you to engage him, you were busy recording video

Sincerely, he scored some point but still below the pass mark. He could have alerted other passengers but chosed to save only himself. So while you were busy recording, what if he missed his way and crashed. Nigerians and the foolish quest to post on social media eh
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by virginchaser(m): 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2023
It sometimes happens. A popular executive transport company en route Ajah to Portharcourt some years back experienced same while I was in. I sat behind driver, noticed eyes closed intermittently and I would hailed from back "pilot I dey feel your driving o". He would eye me through the mirror. This, I did till we got to Ughelli where he disappeared into driver section of their approved stop over restaurant for about an hour.

At the beginning of the journey he tried to engage the young lady sitting with him in the front but she couldn't let him have part of her. A real snub.

Two weeks after, I read where one of the fleet had accident between Benin and Lagos and lost all passengers. I regretted not getting back to their management about the incident.

2 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Iagos: 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

Sincerely, he scored some point but still below the pass mark. He could have alerted other passengers but chosed to save only himself. So while you were busy recording, what if he missed his way and crashed. Nigerians and the foolish quest to post on social media eh

I suspected that the driver is sleeping. That alone is not enough to raise alarm. I started watching him. He started looking at me. I used the phone to record instead of looking at him directly. When i checked the video. I shouted then came down. He still did not agree that he was sleeping.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by AntiIncognito: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
It not easy ...

I'm a commercial driver too..
I often drive throughout the night, from West to south conveying loads with my Sienna.

Na so sleep hold me for sapele road one day, after Oghara junction.. my brother I begged the passenger I carried to help me with 20mins nap..

It's not easy anywhere..
Peace

3 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Laple0541(m): 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
Maybe na meditation 😏😁
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Pootle: 7:15pm On Nov 13, 2023
membranus:

But no be by accident, we pray.

could be...end na end sadly enough
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by BabaAduras: 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
motionarena:

Did u inform d other passengers.

God bless you for the question.

I went through all the comments before yours. None addressed the real concern in the video clip. A driver was sleeping and driving and the OP was recording him for close to two and half minutes while this was happening. He had no concern for his/her safety nor the safety of other passengers. Within the period of recording, they could have been driven to the bottom of Osa by the sleeping driver.

He/She was more interested is video recording - Stupidity of the highest order.

If I am correct, he alighted at Oworo without informing the remaining passengers of his reason for alighting before his/her destination - Selfishness and lack of care and compassion of highest order.

Interestingly, none before this guy saw the problem with the video. All they were talking about was how Nigerians are tired from overworking. That is an indication of how warped the thinking of most Nigerians are.

God will help us. Just imagine putting any of those guys that commented earlier in charge of a critical activity, all they will do is leave the root cause and be fighting symptoms.

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by nedu666: 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2023
It happened once to me on the way to iyana ipaja. I noticed pilot was sleeping on the steering. Guess how I woke him up...... I said pilot dem don thief your money finish. The driver woke up and started looking for his money grin grin, baba did not attempt to sleep again. Op try this out

3 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by fostermd(m): 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2023
Driving whilst tired and lethargic is considered as dangerous as drink driving with high mortality rate!
Reason many developed countries have lay-by and multiple intervals on motorways for drivers to park,rest,stretch their legs and get more awake before continuing their journeys.

There are also motels where they can lodge overnight to sleep and continue their trip in the morning.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Omoawoke2(m): 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:
I boarded a bus from Ajah to Oshodi and noticed an unsettling driving behavior from the driver. I suspected he was sleeping, I recorded a video and caught him dozing off while driving on the 3rd Mainland Bridge. Concerned for my safety, I chose to end my journey at Oworo, prioritizing my well-being to avoid potential risks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTJYOSpWIA0?feature=shared

Immediately you sorted out yourself, the safety of others not your business

Life na karma oo, what if your loved one enters same vehicle

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Omoawoke2(m): 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2023
BabaAduras:

God bless you for the question.

I went through all the comments before yours. None addressed the real concern in the video clip. A driver was sleeping and driving and the OP was recording him for close to two and half minutes while this was happening. He had no concern for his/her safety nor the safety of other passengers. Within the period of recording, they could have been driven to the bottom of Osa by the sleeping driver.

He/She was more interested is video recording - Stupidity of the highest order.

If I am correct, he alighted at Oworo without informing the remaining passengers of his reason for alighting before his/her destination - Selfishness and lack of care and compassion of highest order.

Interestingly, none before this guy saw the problem with the video. All they were talking about was how Nigerians are tired from overworking. That is an indication of how warped the thinking of most Nigerians is.

God will help us. Just imagine putting any of those guys that commented earlier in charge of a critical activity, all they will do is leave the root cause and be fighting symptoms.

Next thing na prayer , you just said my mind my friend
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Adebayorsayaty: 7:28pm On Nov 13, 2023
Many times from ABUJA to IBADAN
Is only God we safe us
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by chibnnodi: 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2023
It's normal for drivers in Lagos, that wake up 4am and close 9pm. Our politicians are bad. They may be revolution, soon.

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Angelfrost(m): 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
decatalyst:
So many people are overworking themselves to put food on the table.

Some people think driving is easy, especially in this Nigeria that 85% of the route to your destination is bad.

You did the right thing by highlighting, but you could have alerted other passagers and urge the driver to park and walk around.

Someone could volunteered to play very loud music by his side or engage him on politics or football. 😁

To survive as a man is not an easy thing.

It would be a lot better to make him stop, and take a short nap.

Some of these guys don't get more than 4 hours of sleep daily, and in very terrible discomfort.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by wang2000: 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2023
nigavid | nigavid https://www.nigavid.com/

The social network for Nigerians who are avid professionals
Engage with like-minded professionals, exchange insights, and explore opportunities for growth and collaboration
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by mustnotbenamed: 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
Oga that man is fully conscious ooo, he's not sleeping although he blinked a few times but controlled himself
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by PoliteActivist: 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
sunna4u:
Even tinubu was caught

Titi own too much! Even sleeping while standing!😅
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by lexy2014: 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:
I boarded a bus from Ajah to Oshodi and noticed an unsettling driving behavior from the driver. I suspected he was sleeping, I recorded a video and caught him dozing off while driving on the 3rd Mainland Bridge. Concerned for my safety, I chose to end my journey at Oworo, prioritizing my well-being to avoid potential risks.

so what if while u were videoing him, he drove the bus into the lagoon?

you prioritise videoing over safety
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Fredoh(m): 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:

Then you’re either ignorant or selfish, having no regard for other people’s life. Instead of tapping him and alerting the whole passengers to insist that he should take a 30min nap which should save everyone’s life, you decided to get off so that the rest should perish?

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Iagos: 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
[quote author=Fredoh post=126951282][/quote]

Take a nap on 3rd mainland bridge.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by GloriousGbola: 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:

You priority is clicks and internet clout. I would not be suprised if you followed the bus afterwards so you could video the accident as well.

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Codes151(m): 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2023
See song way una play. Why driver no go sleep. ?
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Ashawoman82: 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
chicfarmer:
undecided
At least you no go use your kala blast blast him left leg grin
grin
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by ufuosman(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
Not easy and some self don’t rest well
Thank God u notice on time
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by clems88(m): 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
I remembered back then when I was going back to school, the bus I boarded from Enugu to Bauchi, when we got to akwanga the very dangerous raod I saw driver dozzing off and some mumu men dey front with driver . That was how I shouted driver You dey sleep?? Before everyone started shouting. But the mummy people were just mute initially
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by tosyne2much(m): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
What a selfish OP!

This isn't new to perpetual travelers and to think that you had to take a video of it for public consumption doesn't make sense at all

Selfishly, you even alighted from the bus leaving other passengers in danger
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Iagos: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
tosyne2much:
What a selfish OP!

This isn't new to perpetual travelers and to think that you had to take a video of it for public consumption doesn't make sense at all

Selfishly, you even alighted from the bus leaving other passengers in danger

I told the other passengers. The driver denied. Some even believed i raised false alarm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? / 2019 Lexus ES Unveiled (photos, Details And Price) / The 10 Wonders Nigerian Khaz Custom Did On Cars With Wraps (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.