Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? (23691 Views)

NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? / Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike / NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by caandi: 8:26am On Nov 14, 2023
Hmmm
Our started midnight o
Nepa took the light and they’re yet to return it cos we always have light here o
Pls nepa should retrace their steps ejor o
God abeg

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by gift2xl: 8:46am On Nov 14, 2023
My area nothing de happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by BubblingB(m): 8:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Nuee has shut the gate at TCN ikeja West,Ipaja-Ayobo. No light too which is unusual at this time. Brace up my Ipaja-Ayobo people.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by BreconHills(m): 8:49am On Nov 14, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:
Crazy people,strike ko,strike ni ! When subsidy was hurriedly removed without any palliative in place to cushion the expected painful effects of it,you idiotic NLC and TUC wereys did not deem it okay to go on strike then. Now that one partisan goat,Ajaero or something was thoroughly dealt with for his obvious acts of partisanship in political matters,the crazy NLC idiots now want the masses to embark on a strike ! You guys dey ment,walahi ! Nobody is even listening to you fools here,anyway.

Did he call any strike or protest during the naira scarcity when people were queueing at bank ATM at 3 pm? His NUBIFE ( Banking employee) members were being manhandled and threatened and he did not utter one peep. Is his life more important than union members?

NLC also need to get the positioning of labour right in the politity. NLC may have a bias for the labour party but it should not act as a Co joined twin. What it should want is good terms for its workers irrespective of which party is in government - principles not personalities. If care is not taken, I see the emergence of an "independent" labour movement that will splinter the NLC

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by jubrilELsudan: 8:54am On Nov 14, 2023
AS E BE SO FOR MY AREA EVERYWHERE DEY BURN OOOOO AND DEAD BODY DON FULL EVERYWHERE OOOOO

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by Zimzy(m): 8:59am On Nov 14, 2023
On my way to work this morning I saw pupils from a public school close to my house running back home and celebrating shouting no school no school no school, immediately I just knew the strike has taken effect.

3 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by Mosba: 9:02am On Nov 14, 2023
Funny enough the strike is taken more serious than the one embarked on to fight for workers rights. I say and I quote, everyone on strike now aren't doing it because of Ajaro, it's mostly to rest and safe transport cost. But if beating Ajaero will continue to cause strikes like this I pray he gets another beaten as soon as he recovers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by Haaland21: 9:03am On Nov 14, 2023
[quote author=BLTS post=126957327][/quote]

Weldone. This doesnt affect the FG
NLC / TUC has given the FG the privilege of extending when the refinery would start working.

Your mumu never do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by Dougad: 9:04am On Nov 14, 2023
All the Schools just sent their students back home in Warri

And we're in a banana republic. No one listens to court orders in banana republic starting from the GCFR

2 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by Splashme: 9:08am On Nov 14, 2023
Lagos roads are quite free today

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by DrMPH: 9:09am On Nov 14, 2023
babsthegreat:
this is a useless NLC they are not useful in anyway

Yes, until the government of the day removes the rug completely off the feet of people you care about both in public sector and organized private sector. People will have eyes but cannot see because of tribalism. Does this government look like one that has the interest of the masses at heart? For the first time since 1999 we have an overbloated federal government (highest number of ministries) being funded by the masses' sacrifice of subsidy while the government has not met the basic conditions for wage increase (across board) or even policies to help the poor.

Look at ASUU today, they clipped their wings in the last administration, and today they have no fight left in them. You should be worried about the quality of education your kids will get from the dissatisfied workforce (if you have any lecturer as friend).

The moment NLC cracks, you had better relocate to a neighbouring country because it will be disastrous. It is the only pressure group remaining, and sadly it is always the modus operandi of state captors to use undiscerning public to question the relevance of such institutions so they can cripple it.

Are you aware, there are states not paying 30k minimum wage? Let's even forget promotion, I mean 30k in this economy. I just dey laff. Nigerians with sensationalism. They always fight for their oppressors.

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by JONSYN7154: 9:21am On Nov 14, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Seconded cool tongue
thirded

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:22am On Nov 14, 2023
aylive02:
Any update that sinks Tinubu and APC is welcomed!

Your disappointment will no bounds.

4 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2023
Bobloco:

I know you did wish that the strike action becomes a failure reason you hurriedly created this senseless thread

Note: This is a nationwide strike action not a nationwide protest.
They are two different things and l know you minions are always jittery when ever you hear protests

People are at work, in the markets and on the road.
Sane people have no time for unrepentant sore loosers and a bunch of brigands.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by emmyN(m): 9:34am On Nov 14, 2023
NOC1:
I have light, done my financial transaction from bed, let me see what will happen later, for now coast is clear. Kids have gone to school.

This industrial action might fail, and it will destroy NLC and TUC, if they are not careful with their tactics, a breakaway faction might emerge and will be empowered by Government because they are loosing the support of the masses.

NLC is losing the support of the masses according to APC propaganda machines. Your divide and rule strategy would not work here. Id**ts!

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by aylive02(m): 9:38am On Nov 14, 2023
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Your disappointment will no bounds.
. 30k nigga
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by Basic123: 9:41am On Nov 14, 2023
KEVIND:
"Your name is Dayo, My name is Yinka. But you're telling me to go back to Anambra because I support Peter Obi. The people who won elections are buying 120million naira cars. Dayo, you and I are complaining about the price of spaghetti and tomatoes.

Dayo, Am I your enemy?"
He is asking you to go back to Anambra to enjoy the new Nigeria Peter OBI Created there.

Simple!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by misano(m): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I don't think this is the solution right now. The strike won't lead to any positive thing except more hardship for Nigerians.

The strike will probably fail because it's an unnecessary strike.

If U continue treating this ur beloved fed government like babies, believe you me, they will be worse than Buhari that they said bankrupt the country.

Obasanjo and Jonathan government is seen as better than Buhari's because NLC always helped them sit up.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by sammiewrite(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2023
Current presidents like his predecessors is only concerned about his ambitions otherwise tough actions should have taken by now. If Ajaero didn't embark on strike when subsidy was hurriedly removed and the floating of the Naira, all I see in this strike declaration is economic sabotage and I don't think such should be allowed considering the frail state of the country's economy. The country and its people just survived one by Emefiele and co, we can afford another one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by forgiveness: 10:11am On Nov 14, 2023
There's strike in UCH.

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by VEHINTOLAR: 10:12am On Nov 14, 2023
M0M0SHIKI:
Nairaland is not showing me what you typed, perhaps we should continue this conversation on whatsapp

Let's have your WhatsApp account/number here.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by VEHINTOLAR: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2023
BreconHills:

Did he call any strike or protest during the naira scarcity when people were queueing at bank ATM at 3 pm? His NUBIFE ( Banking employee) members were being manhandled and threatened and he did not utter one peep. Is his life more important than union members?

NLC also need to get the positioning of labour right in the politity. NLC may have a bias for the labour party but it should not act as a Co joined twin. What it should want is good terms for its workers irrespective of which party is in government - principles not personalities. If care is not taken, I see the emergence of an "independent" labour movement that will splinter the NLC

Don't mind that 🤡 clown,bro ! Do have a nice day at work !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by delpee(f): 10:28am On Nov 14, 2023
Ajaero didn't occupy NASS to protest the purchase of expensive purchases while citizens are reeling in poverty. Brutalizing him was unfair. I empathize with him and pray that he recovers well.

Perhaps he should sue for assault and undue harassment instead of making life more difficult for citizens who just want to go and work for their daily bread. Ironu o papo (varied thoughts) at this point in time.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by Aiel123: 10:30am On Nov 14, 2023
goggle48:
Nepa don off light,fuel #700 school students going home in agbor delta state.
This is true. Even schools in owa too.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by onyxo76(m): 10:35am On Nov 14, 2023
i'm seeing everybody at work sha..except those VIO that used to stop me everyday to check the vehicle particulars that still have like 6 months to expire. And its the same set that stop me everyday, i come ask them yesterday if them ever remember anything at all say na everyday them dey stop for more than 2 weeks now on the same road. Abi my car colour and plate number dey change everynight?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by charleyboi(m): 10:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Compliance activated
Akwa Ibom State

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by ayo2008: 10:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Dougad:
All the Schools just sent their students back home in Warri

And we're in a banana republic. No one listens to court orders in banana republic starting from the GCFR

Does the FG listen to court too?
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by favor914: 10:56am On Nov 14, 2023
BlakKluKluxKlan:

People are at work, in the markets and on the road.
Sane people have no time for unrepentant sore loosers and a bunch of brigands.
Jobless Obidient Agbadorian Peasant Bobloco.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by favor914: 10:57am On Nov 14, 2023
ayo2008:

Does the FG listen to court too?

Ok when the Nigerian police arrest this so called Union leaders for disobeying a court order, I wonder where they will run to for help?

Didn’t your mother warn you not to play with fire?

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? by favor914: 11:01am On Nov 14, 2023
misano:

If U continue treating this ur beloved fed government like babies, believe you me, they will be worse than Buhari that they said bankrupt the country.

Obasanjo and Jonathan government is seen as better than Buhari's because NLC always helped them sit up.
Please Shut up, incoherent Hypocrite.

This Labor party supporting disgruntled NLC https://punchng.com/elections-again-nlc-declares-support-for-obi/?amp has gone on strike more times already in Tinubu’s first 5 months, than all of President Buhari’s 8 years in power.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayemi: "Fayose Is A Mad Dog & Fraudster, Election Fire Will Consume Him" / Bagudu: Why APC Governors Are Pushing For NEC Meeting / Aso Villa End Of Year Service In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.