Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX (35857 Views)

Moment KFC Was Shared At An Event After Food Finished (pics/video) / See How I Make KFC Style Crunchy Chicken At Home | Secret Revealed (pix&video) / KFC Outlets In UK Closed Over Shortage Of Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by KingCold: 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
JaceBlaze:

The best hot wings in the country are found there😋😋
My broda! tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by jayAjoku(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2023
Having a kfc outlet in your country is not an achievement, I know idiots will think it’s some sort of achievement but it’s not . They’re gaining from you you’re not gaining from them

5 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by phemmyfour: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Nigeria has 38 KFC outlets according to Yum! Brands Q3 results.
Fast food kills fast. Not the kind of rating you should be proud of appearing in top 10

7 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by IamAtAnger: 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hmmm
Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Angelfrost(m): 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
haphizz57:
1qtr of nigerians can not afford

Can't afford or won't bother with??!

Get your facts right abeg.

Most Nigerians will leave Mama Put, Kilimanjaro, Genesis foods, etc, to patronize KFC say wetin happen??!

5 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by IamAtAnger: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
Are the mods not ass lickers??...so gullible
Sillymoderators:

If at all you still have mods on this platform.

4 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by GreatAutos(m): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
SoftP:
We appreciate our most prestigious Mamma-put; made from the most homely food ingredients in the world….
Hot pepper leaf rice; Amala & ewedu
@ least here; we are rated first in the world
This woman lives in my area

3 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Tendd: 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
That explains the high rate of Obesity.
Processed foods are not good for your health.All these Chawama,pizza,hot dogs, hamburger etc are health hazards that will send you to your early grave.That is why Americans are the most obese in the world.Stop eating them.They ain't good for your health.You are already blessed with seasonal organic food.

6 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Elliotwaveforec: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
The MOD that brought this thread to the front page is not normal! Consuming junk foods is now a thing of pride.

Abeg, give me my Amala and Ewedu with better gbegiri.

I'm beginning to hate these Southies especially that rude and stupid boy, kingcold

This is where his mother raised him! One of the largest slums in the world.

6 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by NOwazobia: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
Nothing to be proud of here.

Nigerian should be happy that we have few in the country, and I would wish for them to reduce to only 10 self, if not for their taxes and employment that contributes to the economy.

5 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by eepeepook: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
Seun has lost it. Nairaland is dead.

5 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Angelfrost(m): 5:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
Tendd:
That explains the high rate of Obesity.
Processed foods are not good for your health.All these Chawama,pizza,hot dogs, hamburger etc are health hazards that will send you to your early graves.That is why Americans are the most obese in the world.Stop eating them.They ain't good for your health.

It's amusing and also sad how Africans think eating such synthetic meals (Fast Foods) elevates them above their fellow citizens compared to local organic cooked meals.

Little wonder cancer is taking a firm hold among Africans.

Neocolonialism and low self-esteem are clearly bad for the health.

8 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by KingCold: 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
The MOD that brought this thread to the front page is not normal! Consuming junk foods is now a thing of pride.

I'm beginning to hate these Southies especially that rude and stupid boy, kingcold

1.Your hate doesn't change the price of fuel on this side
2. Not ONE slum in South Africa comes close to anything I've seen of Makoko, not even ONE!
3. You are Nigerian, you shouldn't even be mocking the slums of other countries...Nigeria itself is one giant slum

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Zooposki(f): 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2023

2 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Reference(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
This tells me two things about Nigeria, viz South Africa and its socio-economy.
One, the huge gap in the size and more importantly the spread of tourism between both countries.
And even more telling, the gap between the sizes of the middle-class of both countries which for all intents and purposes is almost extinct in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by SocialJustice: 5:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
Obakoolex:
Imagine the numbers of chicken reportedly murdered on a daily basis cry

Humans are so wicked!
No other creature murder another in that number daily undecided

Become a vegetarian
So you can switch to murdering plants?

3 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by KingCold: 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

Here's Khayelitsha as toured by one of your own Tayo Aina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28a3H9BWtLQ&t=194s

here's Your own Makoko as toured by the same Tayo Aina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E67HTbrDWJg&t=136s

let people decide which one is a slum
I'd rather be born in Khayelithsa than anywhere in Nigeria

Fun Fact: You'll so find KFC joint in Khayelitsha as well grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by JuanDeDios: 6:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Nigeria has 38 KFC outlets according to Yum! Brands Q3 results.
Interesting table. Over 9000 out lets in China. American businesses must be grateful to Nixon from bringing in China from the cold and to Deng for opening up the country's economy.
Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Jemex003: 6:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Johnjanrt:
grin
Where our people want see money buy when poverty dey use us catch cruise.

Oponu ni e

1 Like

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by IamWilliams(m): 6:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is the most prolific fast-food brand in South Africa, with the American fried chicken giant boasting 1,052 stores in the country – the fifth-largest market globally.

KFC first opened its doors 75 years ago when the famous Colonel Harland Sanders created a recipe for fried chicken with a list of 11 secret herbs and spices scratched out on the back of his kitchen door.

Today, the company still follows this recipe in its 27,000 restaurants in over 145 countries and territories around the world.

KFC has rapidly grown, with a new restaurant opening somewhere in the world every six hours.

South Africa has not been excluded from this growth, as the American fast-food giant now has 1,052 stores in the country.

However, its growth in South Africa has been far from easy. KFC had to contend with international sanctions and stiff local competition.

KFC launched in South Africa in 1971 and grew quickly around the country. This growth was halted in 1987 as the company was forced to divest its outlets and trademarks to a South African holding company called Devco.

This was after the US Congress passed a law forbidding American companies from owning South African assets due to the government’s policy of Apartheid.

KFC continued to earn an administrative fee from Devco, and its 120 franchisee-owned stores were unaffected.

The company reacquired its former assets when sanctions were lifted in 1994. By then, there were around 300 KFC outlets in the country.

KFC has since grown into South Africa’s largest fast-food outlet, with 1,052 stores in the country, according to its owner Yum! Brands’ financial results for the third quarter of 2023.

Only 49 are directly owned by the company, and the other 1,003 are franchisee-owned. The company has grown by 44 stores in the past year.

The fried chicken giant is also the most popular fast-food brand in the country, with 10 million South Africans eating there at least once in the past four weeks, according to a study by Eighty20.

Mama put and eba ibo joint been giving me joy from time immemorial.. I don't do fast food that much, na maggi dey full their food

1 Like

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Elliotwaveforec: 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
KingCold:
Here's Khayelitsha as toured by one of your own Tayo Aina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28a3H9BWtLQ&t=194s

here's Your own Makoko as toured by the same Tayo Aina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E67HTbrDWJg&t=136s

let people decide which one is a slum
I'd rather be born in Khayelithsa than anywhere in Nigeria

Fun Fact: You'll so find KFC joint in Khayelitsha as well grin grin grin
So open defecation is the order of the day in your country too! And you open your stinking mouth to accuse us of the same act.

Your mother must be insane for failing to teach you not to accuse people of what you're guilty of.

Look at the picture below, that's your useless mother standing.

4 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by yemi1504: 6:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is the most prolific fast-food brand in South Africa, with the American fried chicken giant boasting 1,052 stores in the country – the fifth-largest market globally.

KFC first opened its doors 75 years ago when the famous Colonel Harland Sanders created a recipe for fried chicken with a list of 11 secret herbs and spices scratched out on the back of his kitchen door.

Today, the company still follows this recipe in its 27,000 restaurants in over 145 countries and territories around the world.

KFC has rapidly grown, with a new restaurant opening somewhere in the world every six hours.

South Africa has not been excluded from this growth, as the American fast-food giant now has 1,052 stores in the country.

However, its growth in South Africa has been far from easy. KFC had to contend with international sanctions and stiff local competition.

KFC launched in South Africa in 1971 and grew quickly around the country. This growth was halted in 1987 as the company was forced to divest its outlets and trademarks to a South African holding company called Devco.

This was after the US Congress passed a law forbidding American companies from owning South African assets due to the government’s policy of Apartheid.

KFC continued to earn an administrative fee from Devco, and its 120 franchisee-owned stores were unaffected.

The company reacquired its former assets when sanctions were lifted in 1994. By then, there were around 300 KFC outlets in the country.

KFC has since grown into South Africa’s largest fast-food outlet, with 1,052 stores in the country, according to its owner Yum! Brands’ financial results for the third quarter of 2023.

Only 49 are directly owned by the company, and the other 1,003 are franchisee-owned. The company has grown by 44 stores in the past year.

The fried chicken giant is also the most popular fast-food brand in the country, with 10 million South Africans eating there at least once in the past four weeks, according to a study by Eighty20.

Wow! The black man and chicken go hand in hand!
Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by KingCold: 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

[b]So open defecation is the order of the day in your country too! [/b]And you open your stinking mouth to accuse us of the same act.

Your mother must be insane for failing to teach you not to accuse people of what you're guilty of.

Look at the picture below, that's your useless mother standing.

You're forcing my hand here

1 Like

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by ClitRaider: 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
Obakoolex:
Imagine the numbers of chicken reportedly murdered on a daily basis cry

Humans are so wicked!
No other creature murder another in that number daily undecided

Become a vegetarian

What if it other way round..

Chickens openings restaurants with humans on the menu?!
Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Terrahawk: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2023
This is why most of south African women are fat and obese . Much much more than any African country

3 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by KingCold: 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
jayAjoku:
Having a kfc outlet in your country is not an achievement, I know idiots will think it’s some sort of achievement but it’s not . They’re gaining from you you’re not gaining from them
But nobody said it was
Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by KingCold: 6:59pm On Nov 14, 2023
Terrahawk:
This is why most of south African women are fat and obese . Much much more than any African country
Let's not forget the hottest as well cool

1 Like

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by VEHINTOLAR: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
I can't believe this?! Why is it that these South Africans always want to do Tom and Harry's d.ick measuring contests with Nigeria(ns) ? What's KFC,who cares in Naija ? Rubbish ! Are
they selling Amala with correct "Abula soup" properly garnished with "Ogunfe"meat there ? Even if they do,can it ever be made like that of "Iya Nan-straight" in Ibadan or that of Alhaja Alamala at Odi-olowo in Osogbo ? Who cares about any KFC when our numerous "Mama Puts" all over the country are ever ready for us ?! You dey whine us ni ?!

When we tell these insecured xenophobic rats from that jungle of cannibals that they have no levels,they usually think it's an insult ! I don't blame these Southties 'cause they wrongly assume that Nigerians give a fvck about them because of what they read here on NL. For your info,Bantu man from Southy,we are a country of over 220 million people,trust me, not even 0.5% of Nigerians care about the existence or otherwise of South Africa. We no dey see you at all !

KFC ko,Kulikuli ni !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by KingCold: 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:
I can't believe this?! Why is it that these South Africans always want to do Tom and Harry's d.ick measuring contests with Nigeria(ns) ? What's KFC,who cares in Naija ? Rubbish ! Are
they selling Amala with correct "Abula soup" properly garnished with "Ogunfe"meat there ? Even if they do,can it ever be made like that of "Iya Nan-straight" in Ibadan or that of Alhaja Alamala at Odi-olowo in Osogbo ? Who cares about any KFC when our numerous "Mama Puts" all over the country are ever ready for us ?! You dey whine us ni ?!

When we tell these insecured xenophobic rats from that jungle of cannibals that they have no levels,they usually think it's an insult ! I don't blame these Southties 'cause they wrongly assume that Nigerians give a fvck about them because of what they read here on NL. For your info,Bantu man from Southy,we are a country of over 220 million people,trust me, not even 0.5% of Nigerians care about the existence or otherwise of South Africa. We no dey see you at all !

KFC ko,Kulikuli ni !

If its a worthless thread for you, ignore it fam and go to other better threads. That simple, no need to write a novel about it.

1 Like

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Terrahawk: 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2023
South Africa is the HIV capital of the world, one in every 6 people in South Africa has HIV, in Nigeria, it's 1 in 100. South Africa is also the rape capital of the world. More women are raped in South Africa than any other country in the world. To add to that 1 in 5 south African men has admitted to either rape, sexual assault or violence against a women. These are true scary facts about south Africa. You will catch HIV if you land there.

3 Likes

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by slowice(m): 7:10pm On Nov 14, 2023
South Africa's economy is really good... Over a thousand outlets and counting. That can never happen in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: S. Africa Has Fifth Most KFC Outlets In The World, Nigeria 38 -PIX by Akanbimi: 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2023
Congratulations!!! Fast food business of course booms in S.A. it's very evident in the obesity rate amongst them.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Big And Long Python Was Killed In My Area (pics) / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.