Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills (35722 Views)

‘Alien Corpses’ Shown To Congress As UFO Expert Forced To Testify Under Oath / Sudanese Army To Facilitate Evacuation Of UK, US, France, China Foreign National / Millions Of Locusts Attack India, Residential Areas Turning Sky Black (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
jmoore:
They have 24/7 electricity everywhere in their country. Unlike your country ran by criminal leaders that is generating 5,000 megawatts for 180 million people.
Is any body fighting with you? What exactly is making you angry here?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Chosimba: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Trust you can never afford what they pay for electricity. Most people abroad can barely afford to eat because food has gone up over 100%. Cost of living crises is a global issue. My friend pays electricity bill of equivalent 200k a month for 2 bedroom flat.

Moat people?!! Where do you think you're talking about?
The poverty line is much lower than in Nigeria and majority of households are doing fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Noblemanonpoint: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
EmeeNaka:
Do not be deceived. People that lives in the UK earns in UK pounds and paying an energy bill equivalent to 200k naira a month is not very big as the person would want you to believe.

Average salary in UK is like 2,000 pounds or so. Imagine using 10% of that for electric while rent a month is close to £800 and above.

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by hardon1(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2023
SadEast419:
I'll rather relocate to rwanda than to UK

The japa crews should be careful. UK is a goddamnn forsaking h country

Small small dey lie abeg

3 Likes

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Israel07: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
lordphenom:
The same 200k covers my 3 bedroom apartment with security, electricity and environmental bills in Akure for a whole year

Are u trying to compare Akure to UK?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Dybala11(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
lordphenom:
The same 200k covers my 3 bedroom apartment with security, electricity and environmental bills in Akure for a whole year
You can make the same 200k in a day in the U.k, depending on the sector you're working.
Those making 200k in a day in Nigeria are at the top of the economic food chain here or some self employed individuals with booming businesses.

2 Likes

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by jmoore(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Is any body fighting with you? What exactly is making you angry here?
Shutup! APC zombies were recruited to post this type of news to brainwash Nigerians that inflation is global.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by DiscoverID: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2023
Padipadi:

Choose btw UK and Nigeria. No matter how bad UK reach, it can't be like Nigeria. Here is hellfire.

Yes, if you are poor. But the moment you crossed $1 million mark you will understand that Nigeria is the sweetest place to live.

3 Likes

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by phenylalanine(m): 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Trust you can never afford what they pay for electricity. Most people abroad can barely afford to eat because food has gone up over 100%. Cost of living crises is a global issue. My friend pays electricity bill of equivalent 200k a month for 2 bedroom flat.
200k is just 200 dollar wc he can make in a day, stop comparing thiers with ours. How many Nigerians can make 200 dollar in a month?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Ikaeniyan0: 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2023
omoredia:

U dont have eyes to see anything before. U no fit see for nigeria u wan go uk go see. Mumunat
You're fraustrated
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Sammy101111(m): 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2023
Mumu Nigeria people will think up crisis be like Nigeria own Uk living is base on your working
Nigeria money is dead outside our country no value na him make use they think say uk bills here there economy is good if you are not lazy in uk . Uk doesn’t encourage lazyness but come to nigeria popular of jobless is more than the people working 100% if am wrong proof me the jobs is more than the working people in Nigeria
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by SouthSouth1914: 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Don’t compare yourself with these people, don’t go there. Start by stating their minimum wage and convert to naira. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2023
SuperOnyi:
shocked

For some of you celebrating, I hope you understand that, that country's government have provided these basic social amenities which is still alien to a lot of Africa's population. The only problem is, nowadays, millions can't afford it because of the unstable economy.

We here in Africa aren't asking for much, we just want clean water, security, education, good roads, and other very simple "amenities" provided by Roman empire centuries ago. Is it that difficult?
Amenities provided to be enjoyed by the public at an astronomical cost, unlike your society here where you prefer that it’s provided for you to enjoy at zero cost.

That’s the difference

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by CoronaVirusPro: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
coetech:
Uk has always been a crazy society when it comes to tax

Those high taxes indirectly pays for the free healthcare. Same with Canada.

In real sense, Nothing is actually free on Earth. In one way, you indirectly paying for it.

In the USA, people boast about free basic education, but wont tell you the property taxes it takes to reside in areas with good schools. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Noblemanonpoint: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2023
EmeeNaka:
Do not be deceived. People that lives in the UK earns in UK pounds and paying an energy bill equivalent to 200k naira a month is not very big as the person would want you to believe.

£200 is like most people's monthly feeding money in the UK. It's not big but most UK people can't easily give you that money especially with the bills in ground.

2 Likes

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2023
jmoore:

Shutup! APC zombies were recruited to post this type of news to brainwash Nigerians that inflation is global.
You will need to brainwash someone to keep the person away from the truth.
The question now is, is inflation not truly global?
Well I don’t expect ignorant local camp folks like you to know the answer

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by EmeeNaka: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2023
Noblemanonpoint:

Average salary in UK is like 2,000 pounds or so. Imagine using 10% of that for electric while rent a month is close to £800 and above.
To be fair, I am not trying to judge how people spend. But a family that earns about £3200 (husband & wife) in a month, should not be complaining spending £150 in energy bill. The Nigerian he or she is telling that story to, earns average of 300k per month.
But trust people that live abroad, they just convert their spending in naira to make it look large, so as to escape being asked for money.
I spend about £200 monthly on food alone, but it is not so big. But if I tell my friends back home, it will look outrageous because that amount is almost #300k; which is someone else total salary.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by omoredia: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You're fraustrated

U are castrated
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by EmeeNaka: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2023
Noblemanonpoint:

£200 is like most people's monthly feeding money in the UK. It's not big but most UK people can't easily give you that money especially with the bills in ground.
I agree!
I am just trying to make Nigerians understand that it is not right to compare spending in the UK to its Nigeria equivalent. It will look so outrageous when one compares it.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by thatigboman: 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

and earns how much per month in naira equivalent?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by RockyEyo(m): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
blamingthedevil:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/nov/14/millions-of-uk-households-forced-to-unplug-fridge-to-cope-with-rising-bills

Worry not, let me get there first, shebi na me survive naija own like this, make I reach there first no advice me sey!!
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Mitsurugi(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Dear Patriotic Comrade, please e ma loud e sir. Let the naysayers, unpatriotic elements, insolent and barbaric illiterates (apologies to Prof Wole Soyinka) japa there to see it first wink

You don drink your garri this morning?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by soccerlite: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Most people barely afford to eat lolzzzzz 🤣

Tell him to come back to nigeria

So you can feed him and not pay 200k electricity
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by advanceDNA: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

That's not cheap. 200 pounds can with careful budgeting pay for food for two to three months for a single person in the UK, ASSUMING power costs are paid off.

Plus would you like to pay N200K a month as power bill here in Nigeria? Estimated billing?

We are talking bills u are talking food......

The guy is saying his friend pays bills in a month equivalent of 200k....and im letting him how small 200k is now....because pounds is now above 1000N
How much was ur last bill....water, electricity, gas, and council tax....if u stay in two bed
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by dominique(f): 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2023
Whalis:
This is no news as people in UK do not need fridge in the first place. Heating system is the first priority and not freezer.

Can the heating system preserve their food?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Padipadi(m): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
DiscoverID:

Yes, if you are poor. But the moment you crossed $1 million mark you will understand that Nigeria is the sweetest place to live.
Ok. You v a point. Your brain must be very big cos na only you don reply with sense since morning

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Israel07: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
Who are this low IQ+ individual happy over this trash and comparing this shit hole called Nigeria to UK?
Over there, there's light and only abt 2milion are considered poor and are cutting cost by switching off their freezer and this same people are accounted for and enjoy benefits from the government and they're still raising concerns as how to help them through NGO charities as they plan to stop the grant for awhile to raise money, pls which of this do you enjoy in this shithole. Does ur government even care about the over 180+ million people in poverty? Does your government give you clean water, good roads and good schools. A government that hoards palliative with the aim of using to buy votes of the millions in poverty? Do you even have light to begin with not to talk of not being able to pay? The little they give you they make u pay through ur nose. UK tax the people and put to good use which is evident, where's the evidence of ur own tax in ur country? Ur leaders after collecting ur tax run to the same UK for slight headache, ever wondered why?
UK is heaven in all ramifications compared to this shit hole. Pls Japa is a must esp USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada for the sake of ur children and future. And for those talking about making weapons with tax payers money, is the said ammunition free? Are the makers not paid? Is job not created? Is the ammunition not sold? I can sense this are Muslim terrorist sympathizers who waste no time to seek assylum to the same UK cos their Saudi Arabia won't accept them. UK is not ur mate!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Pidaa: 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Una go dey post rubbish. Who told u we nor dey chop food for UK because food is expensive? Food sky rocket in the UK but still very affordable for a poor man to eat 3 square meal
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Enemyofpeace: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
UK wey me I dey plan to go?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Enemyofpeace: 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2023
Pidaa:

Una go dey post rubbish. Who told u we nor dey chop food for UK because food is expensive? Food sky rocket in the UK but still very affordable for a poor man to eat 3 square meal
but they are very expenses. Not every family can avoid them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ukrainian Forces Have Retaken Control Of Mykolaiv Airport. / Russia Attacks Kramatorsk Train Station In Ukraine, 39 People Killed / Russia Retaliates To Obama's Sanctions, CNN Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.