Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,199 members, 7,811,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp (20079 Views)

Whatsapp Banned My Number / Whatsapp Banned My Number / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by reginaeb: 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hello nairalanders pls I need help
someone is using my mtn line for whatsapp business.

I use another number for whatsapp and I noticed that my mtn number on my contact list is registered on whatsapp business.

I reported the number and contacted whatsapp via email and the number was banned. I dont know of the ban was temporal or permanent. I want the ban to be permanent.

What do I do?

2 Likes

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by richeeyo(m): 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2023
Register it urself

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Ruke1989: 12:05am On Nov 15, 2023
Download & install "Whatsapp" and "WhatsApp business" apps.

Your SIM 1 is running on "WhatsApp " app

Your SIM 2 can run on "WhatsApp Business " app

Just open "WhatsApp business" and Create a new account. Enter that number that the person is using. WhatsApp will send a code to you- the real owner of the line to verify you own it. When you enter the code, automatically WhatsApp will log that person out. They won't be able to enter again

223 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by reginaeb: 12:33am On Nov 15, 2023
Thanks
Ruke1989:

Just open "WhatsApp business" and Create a new account. Enter that number that the person is using. WhatsApp will send a code to you- the real owner of the line to verify you own it. When you enter the code, automatically WhatsApp will log that person out. They won't be able to enter again

13 Likes

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by reginaeb: 12:41am On Nov 15, 2023
Ruke1989 I just did exactly as you suggested yet whatsapp says the number is banned from using whatsapp

10 Likes

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by sulakishop(m): 2:16am On Nov 15, 2023
Seek a redress with WhatsApp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by 1Alex: 3:54am On Nov 15, 2023
Ruke1989:

if the impostor used a 2-step verification, the original owner can't have access. So he must contact WhatsApp.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:52am On Nov 15, 2023
reginaeb:
Ruke1989 I just did exactly as you suggested yet whatsapp says the number is banned from using whatsapp

Your request is still being enforced, be calming down. You may have to send another request for 'unbanning'. Whatsapp bans are ETERNAL

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Irupetepete: 6:13am On Nov 15, 2023
reginaeb:
I am having same problem. Each time I try to register it, it will tell me to use the official whatsapp... And that's my business whatsapp.
I even tried to change my number, he no work..

2 Shares

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Irupetepete: 6:14am On Nov 15, 2023
1Alex:
if the impostor used a 2-step verification, the original owner can't have access. So he must contact WhatsApp.
I used 2 step verification, still don't know how they accessed mine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by BlackhatMentor: 7:09am On Nov 15, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Your request is still being enforced, be calming down. You may have to send another request for 'unbanning'. Whatsapp bans are ETERNAL

Seems Eternal have another definition.

Most WhatsApp ban don't exceed 6 months

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Talkisneeded: 9:06am On Nov 15, 2023
Register it yourself simple.

Check siggy, I sell herbs
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Administration1: 9:16am On Nov 15, 2023
The person was using all these tweaked WhatsApp, hence the ban is permanent
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by MrBroke(m): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2023
I know the person, his name is Someone grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Klington: 10:53am On Nov 15, 2023
shocked
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Decentdave(m): 10:53am On Nov 15, 2023
H
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by whytediamond(m): 10:53am On Nov 15, 2023
Ahhh
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 10:53am On Nov 15, 2023
You must always do a 2-factor verification on your WhatsApp. It's for your security.

2. Don't share your verification code with anybody. They can use it to open an account.
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 10:54am On Nov 15, 2023
To recover your WhatsApp from the hacker who promised to send you cash if you send the code you got from your phone, you have to deactivate iand do what I said above in my first comment. Otherwise, those bastards will use your WhatsApp and dupe someone and they will say it's your. Big problem be that.

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by omoredia: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2023
Hehe run o
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Skillsnigeria: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2023
grin hmmm
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Nahunger(m): 10:55am On Nov 15, 2023
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Nahunger(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2023
MrBroke:
I know the person, his name is Someone grin

Na wa oo 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Kobicove(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2023
Maybe the person was the previous owner of the number before it was recovered by MTN and reissued to you.

If you want to knock him off you should download and register WhatsApp Business on your own phone using the number in question

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Risingsunn: 10:58am On Nov 15, 2023
reginaeb:
na you ban am na grin

2 Likes

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Padipadi(m): 10:58am On Nov 15, 2023
Wait
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by We4all: 10:59am On Nov 15, 2023
Allow the person to use it in peace. There is love in sharing.
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by reyscrub(m): 10:59am On Nov 15, 2023
Pls Tech/gurus here, can one run 2 WhatsApp app on a phone? Like say WhatsApp App and WhatsApp Business App on the same phone?

If possible, pls explain how abeg.

Thanks
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by robosky02(m): 10:59am On Nov 15, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gionee M3 Discussion Thread / Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) / Funny Pokemon Go Memes Players Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.