Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp (20096 Views)

Whatsapp Banned My Number / Whatsapp Banned My Number / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Padipadi(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2023
reginaeb:
Thanks
That person you thanked has helped you. He's my apprentice and na me send am come rescue you.
Also, don't near GBWhatsApp cos it enables spams, hacking etc. Those that created it were expelled Government Secondary School students.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Risingsunn: 11:00am On Nov 15, 2023
If you claim you did 2 step authentication, then the person that stole your number is a close friend or family that has access to your phone.
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by shiki(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2023
Delete the WhatsApp and download new one, very simple
reginaeb:
Hello nairalanders pls I need help
someone is using my mtn line for whatsapp business.

I use another number for whatsapp and I noticed that my mtn number on my contact list is registered on whatsapp business.

I reported the number and contacted whatsapp via email and the number was banned. I dont know of the ban was temporal or permanent. I want the ban to be permanent.

What do I do?
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Blacktruth: 11:04am On Nov 15, 2023
First time am hearing dis oOoo, probably ur sim was duplicated or something
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Hassanmaye(m): 11:05am On Nov 15, 2023
MrBroke:
I know the person, his name is Someone grin
Haha bad guy

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Gtwix: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2023
The ban is permanent,its people around u,sometimes, they sell it to other people. They will have to be with ur phone at the moment for them to get the verification text message, like (OTP),which they will then type in their own phone to activate the WhatsApp. It is people around you,they have to be with ur phone to activate the WhatsApp on their phone

2 Likes

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by adesegun121(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2023
Ok
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by AriyaTV: 11:11am On Nov 15, 2023
I need help to stop this daylight robbery from MTN. I don't know where to text STOP to.

Urgent help abeg.

Dear Customer, your subscription to Kids Club Dailyhas been renewed and N25.0 deducted from your account. Visit http://mtnng.kidsclub.mobi to enjoy the service. To cancel, text STOP ADto .
Bring laughter and joy to your day. Click https:///NCdaily or text NC1 to 55222 to enjoy Naija Comedy@N100/day
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Eldybest: 11:13am On Nov 15, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Seems Eternal have another definition.

Most WhatsApp ban don't exceed 6 months
Please what about Telegram ban (if you know about it)?
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Bigmouth3: 11:15am On Nov 15, 2023
reginaeb:

I use another number for whatsapp and I noticed that my mtn number on my contact list is registered on whatsapp business.

I reported the number and contacted whatsapp via email and the number was banned. I dont know of the ban was temporal or permanent. I want the ban to be permanent.

What do I do?
It has been banned already so what help do you need exactly attention seeker
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 15, 2023
Whatsapp has been shitty since Mark took over. I had my whatsapp hacked in the past 3 days and the funny thing is that I had 2FA active. Now I can neither log back in or access my account. Whatsapp is no longer safe. I had to send out a broadcast with my other whatsapp to my contacts not to respond to any message from the hijacked whatsapp. One of their modus operandi is to send messages to your contacts asking for financial assistance to pay off a certain pressing need.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by OlujobaSamuel: 11:18am On Nov 15, 2023
reyscrub:
Pls Tech/gurus here, can one run 2 WhatsApp app on a phone? Like say WhatsApp App and WhatsApp Business App on the same phone?

If possible, pls explain how abeg.

Thanks

Yes, you can.
Some phones that even support app cloning will let you have 4whatsapp. That is 2 of each

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Saspi718: 11:21am On Nov 15, 2023
The story strange ooo. Hackers & AI tech is on exploit. 😎😎😎
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by dontrulee: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2023
reyscrub:
Pls Tech/gurus here, can one run 2 WhatsApp app on a phone? Like say WhatsApp App and WhatsApp Business App on the same phone?

If possible, pls explain how abeg.

Thanks

I run four different WhatsApp accounts on my phone and three different telegram accounts on my phone. It's quite easy.

For the WhatsApp, my phone has the clone app feature hence I have two different WhatsApp albeit with different numbers. Then I have a WhatsApp business account and a Gb Whatsapp account, that brings the total of my WhatsApp account to four.
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Sequence23(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2023
Dear nairalanders. Please help me too. I have a similar issue. My WhatsApp is used by another person. I requested for a review, downloaded another one, I got it back but after a day, I was denied entrance. That happened over and over. I chatted with the help center but still the same. I bought another lines MTN and Airtel still the same problem. I am giving up already. I concluded it is my phone. Can you please help me. What should I do?
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by StUriah(m): 11:31am On Nov 15, 2023
Same happened to me since March this year. Up till now, I haven't recovered that number
despite several messages I sent to Whatsapp.

Another issue I'm facing now is that I received a message from my MTN line which notified me of a new GTBank account number 0882532414 opened in the name of one Rabi.

I have contacted both the GTBank & MTN on several platforms (Twitter X, Whatsapp) to correct the anomaly yet no solution yet.

Nigeria is something else o! Walahi!

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Deogratiasfx: 11:32am On Nov 15, 2023
richeeyo:
Register it urself

Once you register it, u have it to yourself and the one the person is using goes off.
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by RPG2020(m): 11:35am On Nov 15, 2023
Ruke1989:
Download & install "Whatsapp" and "WhatsApp business" apps.

Your SIM 1 is running on "WhatsApp " app

Your SIM 2 can run on "WhatsApp Business " app

Just open "WhatsApp business" and Create a new account. Enter that number that the person is using. WhatsApp will send a code to you- the real owner of the line to verify you own it. When you enter the code, automatically WhatsApp will log that person out. They won't be able to enter again

You are a bad boy 👽

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Bimpe29: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2023
That was a case of security vulnerability.

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Sleekfingers: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2023
StUriah:
Same happened to me since March this year. Up till now, I haven't recovered that number
despite several messages I sent to Whatsapp.

Another issue I'm facing now is that I received a message from my MTN line which notified me of a new GTBank account number 0882532414 opened in the name of one Rabi.

I have contacted both the GTBank & MTN on several platforms (Twitter X, Whatsapp) to correct the anomaly yet no solution yet.

Nigeria is something else o! Walahi!

Why not be visit their offices?
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by CaptainFM1: 11:40am On Nov 15, 2023
reginaeb:

What do I do?

It is simple now.
First, did you register your MTN and linked it to your NIN? If yes,

Is your MTN still active and are you in possession of the Sim? If yes,

Can you receive a text messages and normal call with this number? If yes,

Now do the following:

Open a WhatsApp business with a different phone number. Once this WhatsApp business is working fine, then change this number on the WhatsApp business to your MTN number.

You will be asked for a code that will be sent to your MTN number either by text or call. Once you can enter this code on your side, it will log off the criminal from his WhatsApp business and you will have full control.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by reginaeb: 11:43am On Nov 15, 2023
The number is banned from using whatsapp. I hope the ban is permanent
CaptainFM1:

It is simple now.
First, did you register your MTN and linked it to your NIN? If yes,

Is your MTN still active and are you in possession of the Sim? If yes,

Can you receive a text messages and normal call with this number? If yes,

Now do the following:

Open a WhatsApp business with a different phone number. Once this WhatsApp business is working fine, then change this number on the WhatsApp business to your MTN number.

You will be asked for a code that will be sent to your MTN number either by text or call. Once you can enter this code on your side, it will log of the criminal from his WhatsApp business and you will have full control.
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by FireUpNow(m): 11:47am On Nov 15, 2023
Download and install Whatsapp on your phone then use that your number for Whatsapp since you have the sim with you. Th impostor using your number will be logged out automatically.
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by CaptainFM1: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2023
reginaeb:
The number is banned from using whatsapp. I hope the ban is permanent

Are your answers to the three questions I asked YES?

If so, then the control is in your care. Either permanent or temporary is in your care.

How do you even know WhatsApp business banned the number if the number is not in your control?
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by James7711: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2023
Discover the perfect blend of savings and cutting-edge technology with our range of refurbished Samsung tablets. Each device undergoes a meticulous refurbishment process, ensuring it meets the high standards synonymous with the Samsung brand. Enjoy the convenience of a sleek and powerful tablet without compromising your budget. Whether for work, entertainment, or educational purposes, our refurbished Samsung tablets offer a reliable and cost-effective solution for tech enthusiasts. Embrace the future of digital innovation without breaking the bank - experience the excellence of refurbished Samsung tablets today.
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by davillian(m): 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
1Alex:
if the impostor used a 2-step verification, the original owner can't have access. So he must contact WhatsApp.
Same issue my friend is having...
The person used two step verification and email and he has been unable to get the what's app number back what's app said 7 days
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by nedekid: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
Do what ever you have to, and fast. Keep records also of all your protest to WhatsApp incase if any wahala.

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by MrPADDY(m): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
reginaeb:
Ruke1989 I just did exactly as you suggested yet whatsapp says the number is banned from using whatsapp
Send an appeal to Whatsapp. Explain to support that your Whatsapp account was hacked, and possibly used to violate Whatsapp user policy. Ask that the phone number be restored. If you need further help, check my signature.
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by Love800(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2023
Hello mr
Pls answer my request
MrBroke:
I know the person, his name is Someone grin
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by reginaeb: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2023
I have installed whatsapp business and tried to register it with my mtn and whatsapp says the number is banned from using whatsapp. I also noticed that the user of my mtn number on whatsapp businesses was last seen by 7:24 pm yesterday
CaptainFM1:

Are your answers to the three questions I asked YES?

If so, then the control is in your care. Either permanent or temporary is in your care.

How do you even know WhatsApp business banned the number if the number is not in your control?
Re: Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp by reginaeb: 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
I already have. Thanks
MrPADDY:

Send an appeal to Whatsapp. Explain to support that your Whatsapp account was hacked, and possibly used to violate Whatsapp user policy. Ask that the phone number be restored. If you need further help, check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers / MY 4-DAY Experience With The Infinix Note 4: Camera,multitasking, Charging Tests / Pictures From TECNO CAMON 30 Series Launch In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.