Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It (31602 Views)

Police Brutalize Student In Okene, Force Him To Withdraw N25K At POS (video) / Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) / Man Wearing 'SARS Am I Next' T-shirt (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Luckysbab: 7:07am On Nov 17, 2023
LordCenturion:
For all the problems in Nigeria,is this what Nigerian army can focus on, militants,ipob terrorists, boko haram,even unknown gun men wears your uniforms,you didn't go for them and arrest them but only poor civilians,go to South African store like Woolworth,you will different kinds of labels of military wears for the public,even SA military always feels proud when they see types of beautiful styles of their uniform on people.

Okay. Relocate to South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Luckysbab: 7:08am On Nov 17, 2023
eldoradoxx:
Ignorance is a common thing amongst men and women in Nigeria's armed services. So far as the person is not attempting to impersonate being a solider, it is ok to wear camo, in civilized places, soliders even warm up to you when u re in their camo. Our soliders are trained with a different mentality.

Wetin you con dey do for uncivilized place?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by torqque7(m): 7:08am On Nov 17, 2023
efeteb:
I can't even wear Camo in my dream not to talk of physically.

Anything wey resemble army Color nor dey fine for my eyes because I nor want soldier wahala.

The day Soldier hold me for warri crises, only my cry in anticipation of their beating, na their oga beg me make I dey go.
🤣🤣🤣Only the cry in anticipation of the beating..omoh no use laf kill person here abeg lol
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by alobright17(m): 7:08am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:

Oga where is it written in Nigerian law that a civilan can't wear camouflage, jumping red light happens everywhere oga, jst that the system is so good that they will be caught at the end, emancipate your self from mental slavery

This is from Almight Wikipedia. Some of you will just open mouth waaaaa and be talking rubbish without facts .

Instead keeping shut over things you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by PoliteActivist: 7:09am On Nov 17, 2023
Scoutvibe:

Do inquiries because you talk.
Every organisation discourages outsiders from wear their uniforms because anything they do is the organisation the society knows

Lack of exposure. In some countries you can buy full army uniform with name tag in a store, and wear it!
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by vikstandon(m): 7:10am On Nov 17, 2023
Military don't put on shots.
Let's stop this harassment!

In saner climes, issues with wearing military touches are unimportant matters... You know a military man by his conducts and trainings.
In my country, military is vile and unprofessional.
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Ivimmanuel: 7:11am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:
Sir we all know the reason they're doing that, it's not for security reason or whatsoever, it is jst pure victimisation and also hate driven, because you didn't suffer in their recruitment training therefore you're not suppose to put it on, thier action has nothing to do with insecurity and the rest, they jst want to humiliate the guy because he is a civilian, there's no law that forbids you wearing camo
it is an offence to wear millitary uniform in Nigeria and there's a penalty for that that's just it. people are uninformed on this and feel harassed when acousted

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by alobright17(m): 7:12am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:

Oga where is it written in Nigerian law that a civilan can't wear camouflage, jumping red light happens everywhere oga, jst that the system is so good that they will be caught at the end, emancipate your self from mental slavery

Oga are you still going to ask where it is written? I know you'll shamefully avoid this evidence because you prefer lies to truth .

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Angelfrost(m): 7:12am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:
This nonsense only happens in Africa especially Nigeria, you can never see this rubbish in saner climes

What do you mean by nonsense??! Are you saying citizens in "saner" climes go about flouting laws and rules without repercussions?!!

Camo law is quite recent, and the reason is because of abuse by most criminally-minded youths of this nation, hence the enactment of the law.

Go and research the number of criminals and lowlifes who have used these outfits to deceive members of the public before having their way with them.

If you want to insult or put down your nation's rules and laws when comparing them to other nations, also do well to compare the characters of citizens of those nations and your countrymen.

An average Nigerian has the potential to abuse and misuse every known privilege.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by eldoradoxx: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2023
Scoutvibe:

You don't know anything.
Your type is when an impersonator robbed you with army uniform. You will to the media shouting Nigerian army robbed you. Foolishness enemies of the armed forces will lose last last
Military camo is not the same as pure military wear. Camo is allowed for civilians, anybody who begins to act like a solider when on camo should not be listened to, he is a criminal.
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Scoutvibe: 7:17am On Nov 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Lack of exposure. In some countries you can buy full army uniform with name tag in a store, and wear it!
Every country with different way and manner.
If a person with army camo robbed, harassed or kidnapped you. Please what will you be saying to the world that an army personnel harassed you bah.
Nigerians don't behave like other countries so rules differs

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Dagrace01(m): 7:17am On Nov 17, 2023
I'm a living testimony to this barbaric shenanigans by our military.
That year ontop Oshodi bridge wasn't a a joke, wetin save me that day be say I get another trouser for bag, was actually travelling do I had some clothes with me..
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by onatisi(m): 7:17am On Nov 17, 2023
the security situation in Nigeria demands this , there is a good reason for discouraging people from wearing camo dresses although it should be done in an orderly manner and not with harassment

Nackzy:
This nonsense only happens in Africa especially Nigeria, you can never see this rubbish in saner climes

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by dbestcno(m): 7:19am On Nov 17, 2023
Those supporting camo will still be the ones that will cry when thieves or robbers use it. Let's just leave military to focus on fishing out bad guys. See as the number of fake military guys are increasing just because civilians keep flouting the camo

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by bewla(m): 7:19am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:
yes because in Nigeria Boyz use it to rub even police uniform

Trust them

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by tollyboy5(m): 7:21am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:

Wetin you smoke this morning, your mother n father don give you rubbish to smoke abi
I no come get useless parent like you na cool cool cool cool
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Olayiwola2905(m): 7:23am On Nov 17, 2023
Just two days ago, I saw an army personnel posted to one house in my area for security talking to one babe, whom her mother has a retail shop, one thing I discovered was that, the lady was wearing camo short and this soldier was all smiling with the lady, I just shook my head and thought, if it were a guy wearing the camo, sorry was his case, but it's a lady, double standard!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Kobicove(m): 7:27am On Nov 17, 2023
Why is he wearing military camouflage if he's not a soldier? undecided

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by PoliteActivist: 7:28am On Nov 17, 2023
Scoutvibe:

Every country with different way and manner.
If a person with army camo robbed, harassed or kidnapped you. Please what will you be saying to the world that an army personnel harassed you bah.
Nigerians don't behave like other countries so rules differs

How come that doesn't happen in those countries?
Because everybody knows it's just fashion and doesn't mean you're in the military
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Scoutvibe: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Because everybody knows it's just fashion and doesn't mean you're in the military
That why I said why and manner differs from one country to another likewise the rules differs also
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Blackdisciple(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2023
He thought camo is for fashion
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by frozen70(f): 7:36am On Nov 17, 2023
Rebuker:
Nigerian soldiers caught a young guy wearing a short camo, asked him to pull the shorts and tear them.

In a video currently circulating on the internet, some Nigerian soldiers were seen harassing a young man for wearing camo shorts.

The soldiers asked the young guy to empty the pockets, which he did. Subsequently, he was asked to pull down the shorts and tear them.

One of the soldiers was heard asking his colleague to bring scissors from the car. Another soldier instructed him to tear the shorts after the young guy had pulled them down. The young man was filmed making efforts to tear the shorts with his hands.

However, this has sparked mixed reactions as many blame the Nigerian soldiers for such an act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D-6HgDNuqo

How does this his wear affects the Army job performance

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by warlord24(m): 7:36am On Nov 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Ehh na.. why not wear one and pass barrack gate?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Leemekzy: 7:36am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:

I wear camp in Togo when anytime I go visiting my cousins. No police or army disturbs or harass you when ever you wear it.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by emerged01(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2023
No wear camo una no dey hear.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Panda7(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2023
army no fit try this one with me for road, bro na nasty bloody fight go sub next.
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by alobright17(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Free education for you folks. See the FULL story below.
Notice the penalty is 1 month in jail OR N10 - except in Lagos!
you’re in error by adding my name because I am telling the novice that it is against the law to wear camo

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by PoliteActivist: 7:39am On Nov 17, 2023
warlord24:

Ehh na.. why not wear one and pass barrack gate?

Meaning what? In those countries you can wear it and pass anywhere. Soldiers call civilians "sir"
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Morbeta11(m): 7:39am On Nov 17, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

Nigerian Army has a department for reporting harrassment especially on civilians

The only problem is wearing camouflage (impersonation) can land you 2 years imprisonment with the option of fine

Please help me explain how wearing camouflage is impersonation, when he never introduced himself as a soldier to anyone or indulge in any criminal activities with it. We wear camouflage over here as fashion. What's the fuse.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by PoliteActivist: 7:40am On Nov 17, 2023
alobright17:
you’re in error by adding my name because I am telling the novice that it is against the law to wear camo

I was just calling your attention to more detailed treatment of the subject

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by joseph1832(m): 7:40am On Nov 17, 2023
Angelfrost:

It's already clearly stated that it's a crime of Impersonation...! This is no longer news.
where was it stated?
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by ruffDiamond: 7:41am On Nov 17, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

Nigerian Army has a department for reporting harrassment especially on civilians

The only problem is wearing camouflage (impersonation) can land you 2 years imprisonment with the option of fine

please forget that nonsense wey you dey cap! there is a reason why Fela insulted them, comparing them with zombie! there is a reason why there are called 3rd world Army! there is a reason why they are MOST HATED after police!.same thing happened to me too right here in Abuja some years ago.they almost went with my phone in their haste to take my camo short away if not for one bold onlooker that challenged those pure animals to at least "allow him remove his property in the pocket na"!as this guy was seeing doing here!worse part wasn't wear panties that morning, so a many selling clothes nearby offered me a short nicker which I later paid for..let me tell you,just yesterday,I saw one the bastard stranded with some civilians at a round about looking for cab or even okada to get to work.he was decked in camo.they all waved me downand I slowed down to a stop.(I don't commercial,so I just wanted to help)a soldier was among ,he ran with other thinking I'd carry him .I locked my door ,wind down my side glass window and told pointedly I'm only picking some friend of mine that I dont taxi,he moved back,then I signalled to some couple of civilians to get in ( they got message and one burst out laughing) and I immediately zoomed , leaving his stupid ass standing there!I did it on purpose and I hope he got the message too.most ranks and files of the nigerian Army are filled with illiterate,drop outs, barely educated, society dregs, unrefined, unprofessional, hostile, bellicose,razz and crass as fukk, even frustrated.many joined not because they really want to serve,but first as a job or way to earn a living and secondly and most importantly,as an avenue to vent their frustration and other personal challenges on the civilians they are meant to protect and bind with socially!they allienate themselves from the civilian populated with the erroneous,primitive thinking and believe that they are empowered by joining Army to do whatever they want with civilians!..watch that American movie called the The Unit ,a selected Marine elite special forces set up to fight terrorism on American interest anywhere possible starring actor Jonas Blane, there is this scene where a cousin of Jonas ,a marine,came home from tour of duty,and next day,beat up his newly married wife . when Jonas confronted him ,after giving him series of confirmed dirty slaps ,with blood streaking across his face, asked his cousin why he did that,wait for it,the stupid young Marine replied saying, someone in the army told him "he has right to be angry at anyone (including his own wife) anytime he's back home from assignment, mission or your of duty"....!I'll need forget that line!of course ,Jonas reset his brain for him, lecturing him,no one in the family who has ever joined the army,has ever hurt civilians on purpose and unprovoked!..go watch!that infamous line in that movie encapsulation of our bush army personnel,! they feel they reserved the right to intimidate and brutalize civilians simply because they were 'forced'to sign up (abi No so? undecided)reason even The civilians themselves are in constant hostilityy and antagonist with them!police overdo, overzealousness, excessive brutality gave birth to the #endsars riot,says Mike Okiro,former IG .one day e fit turn to #Endsarmy!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DELSU Pharmacy Student Commits Suicide With 2 Packs Of Sniper / Yewande Oyediran Charged To Court For Killing Her Husband In Ibadan (Photos) / 7 Lagosians Ordered To Cut Grass For Plying BRT Lane(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.