Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It (31636 Views)

Police Brutalize Student In Okene, Force Him To Withdraw N25K At POS (video) / Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) / Man Wearing 'SARS Am I Next' T-shirt (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by herkeem: 6:45am On Nov 17, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Like I always say, Nigeria move backwards instead of forward.

Irrelevant things are what we tackle in Nigeria.
Soldiers forming Rambo for unarmed civilians,but will scamper for safety at the mention of terrorists and kidnappers.
It's irrelevant until someone use the camo for bad things you will be saying it's Nigerian Army.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by tollyboy5(m): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:
This nonsense only happens in Africa especially Nigeria, you can never see this rubbish in saner climes
Make una stop this rubbish saner clime talk. White ass licker.

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Sucre7: 6:46am On Nov 17, 2023
Animal farm
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by LordCenturion(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2023
For all the problems in Nigeria,is this what Nigerian army can focus on, militants,ipob terrorists, boko haram,even unknown gun men wears your uniforms,you didn't go for them and arrest them but only poor civilians,go to South African store like Woolworth,you will different kinds of labels of military wears for the public,even SA military always feels proud when they see types of beautiful styles of their uniform on people.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by dimeji1(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2023
I don't like what the soldiers are doing but the kidnappers has made me to agree to the non tolerance of civilians wearing camouflage.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by freemandela4(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:
This nonsense only happens in Africa especially Nigeria, you can never see this rubbish in saner climes
You are right but we all Know how the country is with insecurity. We do see videos of boko haram, bandits, Unknown gunman wearing same uniform. Thankgod he wasn't labelled as a criminal.
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by eldoradoxx: 6:49am On Nov 17, 2023
Ignorance is a common thing amongst men and women in Nigeria's armed services. So far as the person is not attempting to impersonate being a solider, it is ok to wear camo, in civilized places, soliders even warm up to you when u re in their camo. Our soliders are trained with a different mentality.
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by BestTrades: 6:49am On Nov 17, 2023
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by BayLord01(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2023
I won't call wearing camo as impersonation as an Ex gorilla, you only impersonate when you flash fake ID or claim to be one of the Regus
Bliss62:
cool

Nigerian Army has a department for reporting harrassment especially on civilians

The only problem is wearing camouflage (impersonation) can land you 2 years imprisonment with the option of fine

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Scoutvibe: 6:50am On Nov 17, 2023
Skyview01:
Lots of Nigerians will defend the soldiers actions.
Why should you wear a uniform of an organisation that you don't belong to. If that young man misbehave now the media will say a soldier was caught misbehaving. They are protecting their own image.
E.g is that video circulating then when a military personnel are seen together with bandits not knowing that this people are bandits dressed in a military attire. That not what media and the people what to hear again. Anything that can tarnish the image of the armed forces is what they want

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by alobright17(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2023
Rebuker:
Nigerian soldiers caught a young guy wearing a short camo, asked him to pull the shorts and tear them.

In a video currently circulating on the internet, some Nigerian soldiers were seen harassing a young man for wearing camo shorts.

The soldiers asked the young guy to empty the pockets, which he did. Subsequently, he was asked to pull down the shorts and tear them.

One of the soldiers was heard asking his colleague to bring scissors from the car. Another soldier instructed him to tear the shorts after the young guy had pulled them down. The young man was filmed making efforts to tear the shorts with his hands.

However, this has sparked mixed reactions as many blame the Nigerian soldiers for such an act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D-6HgDNuqo

Why do you have to use fake voice on the record?
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Nackzy: 6:51am On Nov 17, 2023
tollyboy5:

Make una stop this rubbish saner clime talk. White ass licker.
Wetin you smoke this morning, your mother n father don give you rubbish to smoke abi
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by alobright17(m): 6:52am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:
Because there's no law against wearing camo in those countries.

Jumping red lights that happens in Nigeria easily does it happen in saner climes as such ?

Answer this question and see how confuse you will be .

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by izubext007: 6:53am On Nov 17, 2023
That's good
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Mohisah: 6:53am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:
Since u wan to prove dat u don jand. Is d saner country u tlkin of facing insurgency?
Do they use Army uniform to do illegal stuffs?
Same u will tag an impersonator who may rob u as Nigeria Force. Wld u in any way say it not Nigeria Army?

Abeg if u get simple tlk, pls say. U can't blame Soldiers for d harassment & it is in deir law to face 2yrs imprisonment for Impersonation. A country wer every mind is dirty, dat can cause evil any minute, so pls reason d wahala of insecurity n tell me if it is right to wear or not..

In US, u can't drive abt when ur car is in way of FBI, u wil face sm charges, abi u don't know dat.
Leave oyinbo life, & let's face ours in Nigeria til dis probs gets off

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by NaijaCover(m): 6:53am On Nov 17, 2023
Hmmmmmmn
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Scoutvibe: 6:53am On Nov 17, 2023
eldoradoxx:
Ignorance is a common thing amongst men and women in Nigeria's armed services. So far as the person is not attempting to impersonate being a solider, it is ok to wear camo, in civilized places, soliders even warm up to you when u re in their camo. Our soliders are trained with a different mentality.
You don't know anything.
Your type is when an impersonator robbed you with army uniform. You will to the media shouting Nigerian army robbed you. Foolishness enemies of the armed forces will lose last last

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Scoutvibe: 6:55am On Nov 17, 2023
BayLord01:
I won't call wearing camo as impersonation as an Ex gorilla, you only impersonate when you flash fake ID or claim to be one of the Regus
If you see a soldier you will ask him to show you his ID or what
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Nackzy: 6:55am On Nov 17, 2023
alobright17:
Because there's no law against wearing camo in those countries.

Jumping red lights that happens in Nigeria easily does it happen in saner climes as such ?

Answer this question and see how confuse you will be .
Oga where is it written in Nigerian law that a civilan can't wear camouflage, jumping red light happens everywhere oga, jst that the system is so good that they will be caught at the end, emancipate your self from mental slavery
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Figolouis: 6:57am On Nov 17, 2023
Let's be sincere to ourselves, what is wrong needs to be condemn.
How will you go to market and of all the beautiful clothes in the market it's only military uniform you like.
The military needs to protect its uniform

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Angelfrost(m): 6:57am On Nov 17, 2023
This life ehn... Just respect yourself and life will be simpler for you.

Some of una too get coconut head for this country.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Nackzy: 6:59am On Nov 17, 2023
Mohisah:
Since u wan to prove dat u don jand. Is d saner country u tlkin of facing insurgency?
Do they use Army uniform to do illegal stuffs?
Same u d tag an impersonator who may rob u as Nigeria Force. Wld u in any way say it not Nigeria Army?

Abeg if u get simple tlk, pls say. U can't blame a country wer every mind is dirty n cause evil any minute, so pls reason d wahala insecurity n tell me if it is right to wear or not
Sir we all know the reason they're doing that, it's not for security reason or whatsoever, it is jst pure victimisation and also hate driven, because you didn't suffer in their recruitment training therefore you're not suppose to put it on, thier action has nothing to do with insecurity and the rest, they jst want to humiliate the guy because he is a civilian, there's no law that forbids you wearing camo
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by zedegit: 7:00am On Nov 17, 2023
efeteb:
I can't even wear Camo in my dream not to talk of physically.

Anything wey resemble army Color nor dey fine for my eyes because I nor want soldier wahala.

The day Soldier hold me for warri crises, only my cry in anticipation of their beating, na their oga beg me make I dey go.

Commot your prick troway. Tomorrow now you will say you be man. embarassed
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Scoutvibe: 7:00am On Nov 17, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Like I always say, Nigeria move backwards instead of forward.

Irrelevant things are what we tackle in Nigeria.
Soldiers forming Rambo for unarmed civilians,but will scamper for safety at the mention of terrorists and kidnappers.

Bandit's are now landlords in some areas in Nigeria,and nothing has been done.
Nigerian always loves bad news.
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Angelfrost(m): 7:02am On Nov 17, 2023
efeteb:
I can't even wear Camo in my dream not to talk of physically.

Anything wey resemble army Color nor dey fine for my eyes because I nor want soldier wahala.

The day Soldier hold me for warri crises, only my cry in anticipation of their beating, na their oga beg me make I dey go.

Apart from soldier wahala, criminals or terrorists fit conclude say you be soldier true true, come use you do target practice.

Naija don already too hard, why add more stress upon oneself?!! Smh.

Cloth never finish for market abeg... It's not as if the Camo thing dey make sense or that fashionable tbh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Scoutvibe: 7:03am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:
Sir we all know the reason they're doing that, it's not for security reason or whatsoever, it is jst pure victimisation and also hate driven, because you didn't suffer in their recruitment training therefore you're not suppose to put it on, thier action has nothing to do with insecurity and the rest, they jst want to humiliate the guy because he is a civilian, there's no law that forbids you wearing camo
Do inquiries because you talk.
Every organisation discourages outsiders from wear their uniforms because anything they do is the organisation the society knows

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Luckysbab: 7:04am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:

Oga insane climes, rest!
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by kissval1388: 7:04am On Nov 17, 2023
Some days back I saw a military joggers .... Omo the joggers was very nice...
The lady with me persuaded me to buy but I refuse cus I know the country we live in...
If soldiers jam me for road, the babe will surely leave me and japa
Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by PoliteActivist: 7:05am On Nov 17, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

Nigerian Army has a department for reporting harrassment especially on civilians

The only problem is wearing camouflage (impersonation) can land you 2 years imprisonment with the option of fine

Nackzy:

Oga where is it written in Nigerian law that a civilan can't wear camouflage, jumping red light happens everywhere oga, jst that the system is so good that they will be caught at the end, emancipate your self from mental slavery

alobright17:

Oga are you still going to ask where it is written? I know you'll shamefully avoid this evidence because you prefer lies to truth .

Free education for you folks. See the FULL story below.
Notice the penalty is 1 month in jail OR N10 - except in Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by alobright17(m): 7:05am On Nov 17, 2023
Nackzy:

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by Angelfrost(m): 7:05am On Nov 17, 2023
joseph1832:
Hmm. The way some of these soldiers behave is something else.

We should ask Defense HQ, if its a crime for a civilian to put on camouflage, let's see or hear their answer.

It's already clearly stated that it's a crime of Impersonation...! This is no longer news.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It by adecz: 7:06am On Nov 17, 2023
What is the special thing about camo❓

After all, Nigeria has her own special
camo pattern. If people wear a camo that
is not the Nigerian pattern, why the
harassment, or is it against the law❓❓❓

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr. Olufunmilayo Ogunsanya Exonerated Of Rape Accusation By UK Medical Tribunal / I Want The Man Who Raped Me To Die In Prison: 8year-old Rape Victim (Photo) / Premature Baby Dumped At Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana Female Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.