Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

New Drug Prices In Nigeria - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Drug Prices In Nigeria (40089 Views)

This New Drug Reduces Your High BP After Five Days Of Usage / Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis / Expect 100% Hike In Drug Prices, PSN Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by poiZon: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:
Drug prices increased above the inflation rate all over the world, but you don't think it should be increased in Nigeria.

Do you people really think Nigeria is above or immune to global inflation and price increases?

I bet you want the government to subsidize that too,,

Jokers,,

All over the world inflation and wage increase are synonymous, but in APC led Nigeria, inflation n wage increase na parallel lines
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:
Drug prices increased above the inflation rate all over the world, but you don't think it should be increased in Nigeria.

Do you people really think Nigeria is above or immune to global inflation and price increases?

Jokers
doesn't absolve Tinubu of bad economic policies and inflation. Joke's on you!
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by fetthu(m): 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:
Three days ago, i bought Augmentin 625mg at N18,000

Vitamin C 1000mg at N6500

Vitamin E at N8500.

Zithromax 250mg at N7500.

Nigeria don spoil finish!

This Augmentin wey u buy sef na parallel import/Fake...go check am e nor get nafdac number. You can't buy the main one for 18k...its 22k and above.

2 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by AdamuKD: 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Jokers,,

I pray you fall sick so that you will feel what sick people are feeling zombie

2 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:

Most of the big pharmaceutical companies have left Nigeria, the reason the drugs are expensive. Don't try to be smart by half!

Please, ignore that idiot... I no wan answer am wetin dey my mind.

These sycophants go defend Taya this tenure.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Massiveglory: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Jokers,,

Why are you so useless to yourself, community and generation?
Dem lay curses in You?
9ja don die due to useless people like u. You de here de talk nonsense.

Even togo and cotonu get far better life you de here they display stupidity.

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Offpoint1: 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Jokers,,

Werey check the reasons why the price has risen 10x
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by onyxo76(m): 8:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Liar, who prescribed 2 different antibiotics to take at the same time?

Just say Nigeria is finished and stop lying with the rest of your rubbish..

So the doctor that gave me ciprotab and flagyl 2 different antibiotics when I dey stool last week na quack abi...no dey put mouth for wetin you no sabi.

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 8:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
Persephone1:
Wetin you catch wey dey make you buy drugs up and down? grin grin
Red pillers don't contract STI, we thought.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2023
fetthu:

This Augmentin wey u buy sef na parallel import/Fake...go check am e nor get nafdac number. You can't buy the main one for 18k...its 22k and above.
I'm not sure it's fake and I'm not doubting the price you quoted. The first pharmacy I visited told me 28k.

I checked about 5 or 6 pharmacies, and they told me different prices for the Augmentin.

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by casualobserver: 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2023
Swiftgrp:

Is there a generic substitute for the now expensive Ventolin inhaler from any indigenous Nigerian pharmaceutical company?

…in addition ventolin was never produced in Nigeria, it was always imported and will continue to be imported whether GSK is here or not. So any increase in price of ventolin has nothing to do with the exit from Nigeria. Forex yes, hoarding maybe but I am sure GSK has not left yet.

Nature abhors a vacuum, any vacuum created by their exit will be filled. Peugeot and VW left Nigeria…Toyota took their place. They will tell you Peugeot and VW left Nigeria, they won’t tell you the cars they were producing especially Peugeot were outdated and could not compete with the like of Toyota, hyuandai and Kia.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Streetdoctor: 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:
Three days ago, i bought Augmentin 625mg at N18,000

Vitamin C 1000mg at N6500

Vitamin E at N8500.

Zithromax 250mg at N7500.

Nigeria don spoil finish!
U are even lucky to get it at that price. We are selling augmenting 625 at 28k
Zithromax 250mg 11350
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Morbeta11(m): 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
I will not talk until condom reach 20k
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by jackmrandy: 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2023
If you are the type that fall sick easily, please don't try it this tenure at all
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:

You don start, abi
Wetin I start? I asked a harmless and thoughtful question grin
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Streetdoctor: 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2023
smileyoo:
okay oOoOO.
when your ronu people, majority of them prefer local herbs. aka Agbo jedi-jedi.
That's why every fucking day we keep recording kidney failure all bcs of their too much consumption of agbo jedi jedi
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool It's just getting started..

Them never see anything yet.

We still have 7years. # BIG 7

I just de happy say WEED still CHEAP..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2023
Streetdoctor:

U are even lucky to get it at that price. We are selling augmenting 625 at 28k
Zithromax 250mg 11350
The first pharmacy I visited told me 28k, I told my doc, he shouted "Omo" grin

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Streetdoctor: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Liar, who prescribed 2 different antibiotics to take at the same time?

Just say Nigeria is finished and stop lying with the rest of your rubbish..

What do u know about drugs and health

2 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by dalongjnr: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2023
It's just a format to increase the prices of drugs. We know how it's done!
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2023
Persephone1:
Wetin I start? I asked a harmless and thoughtful question grin
Just dey go abeg. Thoughtful question indeed. Since when you begin think about my well being? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Swiftgrp: 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2023
casualobserver:

There are substitute inhalers, GSK in not the only company that makes inhalers. I discussed this months ago on Nairaland when GSK announced their exit. Feel free to make use of the search function or google. No offense intended but I can’t be bothered to do the work again. There are alternatives. It is not a drug under patent.
@Casualobserver,

Thanks a lot for the functional info on the generic alternatives... I'll check it out with the NL search function. I went through the OPs past NL posts and discovered that he's still into posted politically and ethnically bigoted threads, and hate speeches even as recent as yesterday. He's one of those who create threads to stir up hatred and the emotions of ill-informed people here on NL instead of providing functional information. I made a useful contribution here only for him to quote me and went off tangent due to his lack of comprehension.

I have him on my radar and the Super mods will move in to ban him and his fellow ethnic bigots on this thread if they don't stop stirring hate.

We want the best for folks back in Nigeria and this is why we make useful contributions here and not propaganda fueled by dishonesty and bigotry.

All the best.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Swiftgrp: 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2023
casualobserver:

…in addition ventolin was never produced in Nigeria, it was always imported and will continue to be imported whether GSK is here or not. So any increase in price of ventolin has nothing to do with the exit from Nigeria. Forex yes, hoarding maybe but I am sure GSK has not left yet.

Nature abhors a vacuum, any vacuum created by their exit will be filled. Peugeot and VW left Nigeria…Toyota took their place. They will tell you Peugeot and VW left Nigeria, they won’t tell you the cars they were producing especially Peugeot were outdated and could not compete with the like of Toyota, hyuandai and Kia.
Indeed.
Thanks again for the second insightful feedback here.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by MissIndependent(f): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2023
That Ventolin Inhaler used to be N1,400 and Augmentin N2,000.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Shed2013(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2023
Na only you Waka come
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool It's just getting started..

Them never see anything yet.

We still have 7years. # BIG 7

I just de happy say WEED still CHEAP..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by casualobserver: 9:01pm On Nov 17, 2023
Swiftgrp:

Indeed.
Thanks again for the second insightful feedback here.

Cheers.

This is the post

casualobserver:

My friend you are the ignoramus. GSK globally as a company has been having problems for a long time. Their drug pipeline and drugs under patents have been shrinking. They even had to sell their Lucozade and Ribena business some years ago to help restructure their business. Like I said the problem with GSK is they don’t have enough drugs under patent. Stop viewing g everything Nigeria as bad news. You should be celebrating that Nigerian companies are effectively competing with foreign pharmaceuticals to they point where our local companies are driving them out of business and keeping the profits in Nigeria.

Name a drug/vaccine GSK sell in Nigeria and I will tell you the generic equivalent either manufactured in Nigeria or Imported from India.

This pull out is not about Nigeria but about the uncompetitiveness of GSK.

Like I said the fact that a local pharmaceutical Fidson has a staff strength of 219 compared to the 280 for a big multinational GSK with all their power and might tells you they never had or had lost market share in Nigeria.

Be it pharmaceuticals, FMCG we should all be celebrating that local manufacturers are coming of age and driving the multinationals away. Be it things like yoghurt, soft drinks, beer, medicines, soaps, edible oil, foodstuffs etc, Nigerian manufacturers are coming of age, holding their own and beating the multinationals and driving them out of the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Dshocker(m): 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Jokers,,

You have nothing meaningful to say.

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Larryndelaw: 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2023
IamAtikulate:
1. Seretide, N5000 to N70,000
2. Ampiclox, from N1000 to N13,000
3. Ventolin inhaler, N2800 to N8000
4. Augmentin 625mg, N4500 to N25,000

All are GlaxoSmithKline GSK Products.

Sanofi (the makers of Tavanic 500mg & influenza vaccines ) are also planning to leave Nigeria. WHO IS NEXT IN LINE?

Nigeria moved from one relic to another. Bad misfortune; from frying pan to fire.

Nigerians are yet to fully appreciate the implications of GlaxoSmithKline GSK exiting Nigeria. When I say this, I don’t mean no Agbado (they can’t afford it). I speak of those hardworking Nigerians whose incomes & livelihoods have diminished.

Credit: Nefertiti
Anoth3r Obidient propaganda. ....when is his Brother DAVID?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Dshocker(m): 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Jokers,,

Oga dollar rate affected the cost, which one be global inflation.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by TomiSwag(m): 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2023
May we all never fall sick in Jesus Name...Amen
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by sisisioge: 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2023
Jisos! Haaaaa! Make man pikin no sick for that country o! It is well fa.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by ukaface(f): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2023
That emilokan man wey get asthma don die finish

🤣😂😂
BAT don restrict airflow

More years in power for BAT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Community Where Nine Out Of Every 10 Villagers Have Appendicitis (Photos) / Kano COVID19 Centre Closed Indefinitely For Fumigation After Staff Test Positive / What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.