Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court (39829 Views)

Protest Breaks Out In Kano Over Judgement That Sacked Governor Yusuf / Kano Governor Yusuf Hires Tinubu’s Lawyer, Wole Olanipekun, To Regain Mandate / Aisha Bichi Threatened To Prevent Me From Becoming Kano Governor – Yusuf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
Indispensable85:

Let's see what SP court will say on that aspect. Remember that issue was dismissed by pepc in the Obi case.

Yes based on how one couches it or under what grounds someone comes under.if he comes under electoral act,it will be easily dismissed but once you come under the constitution,it becomes difficult.let me see how apc presented obi matter
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by AskNgige2: 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
Xscape1993:
The evil party call APC is indeed a curse to humanity.

Think this is where the revolution looming will start from..

Once north riot for good others will join suit easily

1 Like

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Fuckyoumod: 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Isn't that a party internal pre election matters?

APC judiciary will ruin this country
Tinubu is already smoothening his second term in office.

This is why he wants more APC state Governors
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by ndubuisi6: 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by ndubuisi6: 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2023
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by kunle4toyeyaho: 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2023
Indispensable85:

No other party can challenge issue of membership. That is settled!
this is more of qualification not primary that produced Abba. It is the primary election that cannot be challenged by another party's member ,not whether he's qualified

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Deemas(m): 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2023
jlinkd78:
Meddlesome interloper comes to mind

Atiku was a busy body according to the supreme court.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Alliswell248: 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2023
Bobloco:
A pre election matter

Besides, what is the business of APC with who is a member and who is not a member of NNPP.

Is the APC not a "meddlesome interloper" and doing busy body over this case

Tinubu, Gandollar and the APC are hell bent on snatching Kano state from NNPP using the judiciary since they didn't succeed through the ballot.

It shall not be well with those who worked, encourage and supported this notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture to emerge president

Frustrated mofo....why cursing?

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Impliment: 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2023
Preelection matter.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by ALFADOS(m): 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2023
Politicstoday:
Supreme Court of justice should check it and interpret it well.
it was done in the case of Tinubu, Atiku and Obi, no other party have rights to interfere in the other parties internal affairs
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Unicornpro: 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2023
Politicstoday:
Hopefully the Supreme Court of justice reversed the judgement of the Appeal court of justice. Hmm 🤔 our judiciary is no more the hope of masses again. People won’t votes again with this judgement
Governorship election petition ended at the appeal court.
Supreme court does not entertain such cases.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Segxydube: 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Although I support Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tiniubu,I believe myself to be first a Nigerian before any primitive consideration.
This Kano Judgement delivered today is in my view very sound,and Gov. Abba should loot the Kano Treasury as much as possible before the Supreme Court Judgement.
Kudos to the APC defense team for actually going through close to 2 million ballot papers and identifying close to 170000 ballot papers without the stamp of the INEC officials.
Kai that's hard work,I'm very sure someone in the NNPP camp tipped off the APC to go after those ballot papers.
That's the highest form of Rigging in an election,that's what I call kindergarten rigging.
That's what I expected Peter Obi and Alh Atiku defence teams to do when they were trying to remove Asiwaju.
Prove beyond reasonable doubt the rigging that happened at the polling booth,go through the tedious work of scientifically analysing 20million ballot papers,but the LP and PDP were more concerned with the jangbajantis of Asiwaju being a drug courier and an oluwole Certificate forger.
Congratulations again to Gov Ganawa,the Gov-in- waiting for Kano State.
Still selling LAND in my Estate in Ibeju-lekki...

https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki
God bless Nigeria..

U be illiterate? Dats not d reason d appeal court rendered their judgement... They said the governor is not a member of nnpp not because of ballot paper trash
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Afamed: 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2023
The irony of this Appeal court judgement is that the bitter children of confusion who do not know where Kano state is located, they are the ones that will cry more blood here.

LZAA fever and the wailing agents , over to una
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by AliEzeOlu: 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2023
Welcome to NIGERIA'S kind of democracy, where the courts, not votes of the masses decides who wins elections.

1 Like

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Bobloco: 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2023
Alliswell248:

Frustrated mofo....why cursing?

Did I mention you

Well since you decided to claim it, so be it
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by frog12: 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2023
how he scaled this one

villa9555:
Was not qualified to contest but INEC screened him
And found him fit
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by jahsharon: 3:11pm On Nov 17, 2023
Bobloco:
A pre election matter

Besides, what is the business of APC with who is a member and who is not a member of NNPP.

Tinubu, Gandollar and the APC are hell bent on snatching Kano state from NNPP using the judiciary since they didn't succeed through the ballot.

It shall not be well with those who worked, encourage and supported this notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture to emerge president

It is well with me, it is your family and your generations yet unborn that it shall be er be well with.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by eneye1(m): 3:11pm On Nov 17, 2023
Politicstoday:
Hopefully the Supreme Court of justice reversed the judgement of the Appeal court of justice. Hmm 🤔 our judiciary is no more the hope of masses again. People won’t vote again with this judgment
Please, let us forget the cliche you typed up there.
Someone was not a member of the party, and the party fraudulently gave him form. Why don't we look at the judgment?
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Bobloco: 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2023
jahsharon:

It is well with me, it is your family and your generations yet unborn that it shall be er be well with.

I didn't mention you but since you decided to claim it, so be it
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by fergie001: 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2023
Politicstoday:
Barrister ..., please kindly share more insight in today’s Appeal court of justice ruling against the Incumbent governor, Engineer Abba Yusuff.
I don't have the details but but I am still shocked @ ground 1.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Reptyle(m): 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2023
Politicstoday:
Hopefully the Supreme Court of justice reversed the judgement of the Appeal court of justice. Hmm 🤔 our judiciary is no more the hope of masses again. People won’t votes again with this judgement

The Appeal court is the final bus stop for gubernatorial reviews.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Jonjam269: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2023
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by waveman2: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2023
The court was not suppose to look at the membership/nomination issue as the case was not brought before it by a party member.The judiciary is just making mockery of itself.

EagleSquare1:
Even when it is said candidate Yusuf isn't a valid candidate? Do you think the Supreme Court will act based on your expectations?

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Jonjam269: 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2023
Really! APC won won all the seats in Zamfara state in 2019 and lost all the seats to to PDP because they failed to follow the laid down guidelines. The same thing happened to APC in Bayelsa state, lost the governorship seat to PDP after the winning because of discrepancies in the names of deputy governor. Must every judgement delivered be against APC? [/quote]
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Miles300: 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2023
I thought this is supposed to be a pre election matters and shouldn't be rule but given locus standi .....useless judiciary .....
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by descartes400: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

After the Supreme Court Judgement, I can have a good say.

As for now, it's still not predictable.

I just want to know if the Appeal Court saw it wise enough to uphold that only the ballot-papers that were voted for the NNPP were checked and searched-out for the unsigned and unchecked ballot-papers,, leaving all the other ballot-papers voted for the other parties unchecked and un-searched??

If they upheld that, then, it's an unfair judgement.
It is a targeted ambush.

As for the disqualification of the candidate based on non-constitutional reasons,, that too is also an unfair judgement.

What happened to “Litigator”.??
You deactivated it? Or you lost the Log-in details? Or them samma you a long-term ban??

On the emboldened:for the appeal court to make reference to unsigned ballot papers, the APC litigant sought for it in their prayers to the Election tribunal... it is want you present to the court, that will adjudicated on.

Were the NNPP team of lawyers asleep during the trials before the tribunal that they couldn't also counter the APC in their written brief and ask the tribunal to search for unsigned ballot-papers allocated to APC? The tribunal will not grant prayers that was not sought for so, blame the NNPP lawyers.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by abuhusna1: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
Xscape1993:
The evil party call APC is indeed a curse to humanity.
Don't just cry read and make research if the sighted law was correct or not. This is not apc but law
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Indispensable85(m): 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
kunle4toyeyaho:
this is more of qualification not primary that produced Abba. It is the primary election that cannot be challenged by another party's member ,not his qualification in contesting the election

The issue here is membership not primary. The APC is saying Abba was not a member of the nnpp as of the time he contested the election. The pepc dismissed it recently when Obi's membership of LP was raised at the election petition. It's only the party that can say who a member is, not an outsider.

1 Like

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by intruder15(m): 3:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
Politicstoday:

You are sounding as if it's not supreme court that said it when ruling against PDP and LP in the presidential election.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by intruder15(m): 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2023
kingsways:
I see miscarriage of justice here ..

Is it not the same Court of Appeal that said nomination of candidates is a pre-election matter and a prerogative of the parties?

The most important issue in an election is: who scored the highest number of votes??

Someone whom the people have voted for and who scored the highest number of votes should not be disdqualified based on some flimsy reason as party membership because it's a given that the party would not have sponsored him if he wasnt their member. To disqualify the person who scored the highest number of votes automatically leads to grave injustice because someone whom the people didnt vote for and who didnt win would then be declared the winner

Gbam. Make we de see wetin supreme court go talk.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by pendragonbladgo(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2023
Politicstoday:
Okay, I will check I and do the needful, for now I am hungry
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by EquitableTech: 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2023
Bobloco:
A pre election matter

The rate at which you are wailing is not good o...abi how will u see tears to shed for 8yrs wey still remain for you to wail?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi, Others At The Burial Of Ngige's Father / Thugs Attack Dino Melaye's Campaign Train In Odokoro-Gbede District (Photos) / Why Tinubu’s Portrait Was Missing At Abia’s Banquet Hall – Alex Otti’s Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.