Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court (39933 Views)

Protest Breaks Out In Kano Over Judgement That Sacked Governor Yusuf / Kano Governor Yusuf Hires Tinubu’s Lawyer, Wole Olanipekun, To Regain Mandate / Aisha Bichi Threatened To Prevent Me From Becoming Kano Governor – Yusuf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Bobloco: 5:21am On Nov 18, 2023
garfield1:

By virtue of section 177 c,it is a constitutional matter and can be raised by anyone

garfield1, why are you making this kind of comments

But this is an internal matter of the NNPP. A pre election matter. How is it the business of APC with who is a member and who is not a member of NNPP.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by xtivin2: 6:51am On Nov 18, 2023
Politicstoday:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/17/kano-guber-governor-yusuf-was-not-qualified-to-contest-appeal-court/
Selective judgement, the same court has vacated pre-election matters several times but only heard it on chosen cases.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Politicstoday: 6:53am On Nov 18, 2023
xtivin2:

Selective judgement, the same court has vacated pre-election matters several times but only heard it on chosen cases.
yes soo. They just want to remove him cos’ of 2027 poll
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by maasoap(m): 7:08am On Nov 18, 2023
Jostoman:
the one in bayelsa was disqualify because his deputy use fake school certificate not because of membership.
He didn't use fake certificates. He didn't pay attention to how he wrote his names on each of his certificates and didn't bother to back up the mistakes with simple court affidavit. Something many people equally take for granted. Because of deputy governor's mistake, not even the governor

1 Like

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 7:52am On Nov 18, 2023
Bobloco:

garfield1, why are you making this kind of comments

But this is an internal matter of the NNPP. A pre election matter. How is it the business of APC with who is a member and who is not a member of NNPP.

Any matter stated in the constitution is not an internal party matter
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Obiedun(m): 10:01am On Nov 18, 2023
Jostoman:
na the one of APC rep be this not the real Kwakwanso of NNPP. You are not talking to a novice oga.
You are a baby when it comes to politics. Your eyes will soon clear. Both kwankwaso are in our pocket. Stop crying more then the bereaved . Kano people do not even carry the matter upon their heads the way the headless mob do.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Jostoman: 10:18am On Nov 18, 2023
Obiedun:
You are a baby when it comes to politics. Your eyes will soon clear. Both kwankwaso are in our pocket. Stop crying more then the bereaved . Kano people do not even carry the matter upon their heads the way the headless mob do.
i'm just stating the obvious fact so if your oga like let him remove kwakwanso from his pocket and put him inside his shoe that one no concern me.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Obiedun(m): 11:02am On Nov 18, 2023
Jostoman:
i'm just stating the obvious fact so if your oga like let him remove kwakwanso from his pocket and put him inside his shoe that one no concern me.
Your gra gra will soon stop.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by fergie001: 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2023
garfield1:
What about the invalid ballot papers grounds? I think the appeal court are following with the plateau ruling
Why will they do that when the SC is clear on that position.
These Appeal Court Judges hmmmm.... All nine grounds were resolved in favour of the Respondents.

Plateau is almost obviously a sack. Dawodu is on the panel, will expect nothing less.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2023
fergie001:
Why will they do that when the SC is clear on that position.
These Appeal Court Judges hmmmm.... All nine grounds were resolved in favour of the Respondents.

Plateau is almost obviously a sack. Dawodu is on the panel, will expect nothing less.

Kekere ekun said even though it is an internal party matter,there is a narrow way for other parties to sue.section 177 is constitutional.the SC judgment is based on the electoral act.it depends on how APC couched it...

Finally,the fjsc has nominated 22 judges and most of the names we predicted where there including sankey.ikyegh might not make it,ogbuinya,uwaoma and ogakwu are making it.i wish onyemenam made it.Fred oho missed,i wonder why abiru from same Lagos is priority...
Fjsc is same as njc.theres duplication.the cjn cannot be chair of both.fjsc chair should be a retired SC judge
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by fergie001: 10:47am On Nov 19, 2023
Cc kukutente23

garfield1:
Kekere ekun said even though it is an internal party matter,there is a narrow way for other parties to sue.section 177 is constitutional.the SC judgment is based on the electoral act.it depends on how APC couched it...
It is very good that out Courts show clarity in some of these decisions.

1. In Tarzoor v Ortom, PDP complained that the APC conducted no Primary for Ortom to emerge. The SC called them meddlesome interlopers that it wasn't their business.

2. In Agi v. PDP, despite PDP arguing that Ayade wasn't their member, the SC held that as long as he was sponsored by them, they can't reprobate and approbate.

3. In ANDP v. Diri, the SC held that INEC had no rights to disqualify any Candidate but that the ANDP slept on their case and didn't bring same up 14 days after the cause of action and all that.

4. You are also very familiar with the Peter Odey story and the PDP.

5. You are also aware of the Nwifuru story.

4 & 5 were members of the PDP and till today never formally defected to the APC yet the Courts have been calling others busybodies.

6. Abba defected in March, and was formally nominated in June 2022.

His defection could have been better managed but was there a locus for the APC to sue?

7. The case and narrow confines by Kekere-Ekun was in Enang v. Asuquo. Both of them were members of the APC which you know. Asuquo argued that he resigned from PDP on May 1 and joined APC on May 05. Enang insisted it was a lie.
The SC held that it is the Party that determines her members and since APC insisted that he is a member, sure he is.

8. Let me go to the latest in Obi v Tinubu, Olanipekun on behalf of Tinubu & Shettima submitted the membership register of Labour Party amd Obi's name was missing. They argued Obi contested as an Independent Candidate.

Visit this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7753103/obi-not-member-labour-party#124226839

The tribunal sitting in 5 has more authority than the panel headed by Adumein. Our Courts should show clarity on these cases.

The tribunal's response to Obi v. Tinubu is in the screenshots below:-

Finally,the fjsc has nominated 22 judges and most of the names we predicted where there including sankey.ikyegh might not make it,ogbuinya,uwaoma and ogakwu are making it.
I am glad Ogbuinya & Uwa, my Abia sister made it.
Ogakwu is ultra-lucky with 2 unfortunate deaths of Enugu Justices.
Ikyegh has laboured so much for this, unfortunate he might not make it.
I pray Sankey turns it down to be next PCA so that he can go up; he is a really really sound Judge but Jummai might not want to risk it. She might decide, handing over to another person from the Benue/Plateau, another Christian might be difficult for anyone who is President.

i wish onyemenam made it.Fred oho missed,i wonder why abiru from same Lagos is priority...
Onyemenam joined the Appeal Court same day as Ogbuinya and both of them are from the same Ebonyi State, not possible.

Oho missing it is lovely toe, I don't want him there for obvious reasons.
Of Course, the President wants someone from Lagos and that's the only reason Abiru is there because it is expected to be an Osun/Oyo slot.

Abiru is from Ikorodu LGA

Fjsc is same as njc.theres duplication.the cjn cannot be chair of both.fjsc chair should be a retired SC judge
However presently, the CJN chairs both which isn't good for the system. Dattijo really condemned this

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2023
fergie001:
Cc kukutente23

It is very good that out Courts show clarity in some of these decisions.

1. In Tarzoor v Ortom, PDP complained that the APC conducted no Primary for Ortom to emerge. The SC called them meddlesome interlopers that it wasn't their business.

2. In Agi v. PDP, despite PDP arguing that Ayade wasn't their member, the SC held that as long as he was sponsored by them, they can't reprobate and approbate.

3. In ANDP v. Diri, the SC held that INEC had no rights to disqualify any Candidate but that the ANDP slept on their case and didn't bring same up 14 days after the cause of action and all that.

4. You are also very familiar with the Peter Odey story and the PDP.

5. You are also aware of the Nwifuru story.

4 & 5 were members of the PDP and till today never formally defected to the APC yet the Courts have been calling others busybodies.

6. Abba defected in March, and was formally nominated in June 2022.

His defection could have been better managed but was there a locus for the APC to sue?

7. The case and narrow confines by Kekere-Ekun was in Enang v. Asuquo. Both of them were members of the APC which you know. Asuquo argued that he resigned from PDP on May 1 and joined APC on May 05. Enang insisted it was a lie.
The SC held that it is the Party that determines her members and since APC insisted that he is a member, sure he is.

8. Let me go to the latest in Obi v Tinubu, Olanipekun on behalf of Tinubu & Shettima submitted the membership register of Labour Party amd Obi's name was missing. They argued Obi contested as an Independent Candidate.

Visit this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7753103/obi-not-member-labour-party#124226839

The tribunal sitting in 5 has more authority than the panel headed by Adumein. Our Courts should show clarity on these cases.

The tribunal's response to Obi v. Tinubu is in the screenshots below:-

I am glad Ogbuinya & Uwa, my Abia sister made it.
Ogakwu is ultra-lucky with 2 unfortunate deaths of Enugu Justices.
Ikyegh has laboured so much for this, unfortunate he might not make it.
I pray Sankey turns it down to be next PCA so that he can go up; he is a really really sound Judge but Jummai might not want to risk it. She might decide, handing over to another person from the Benue/Plateau, another Christian might be difficult for anyone who is President.

Onyemenam joined the Appeal Court same day as Ogbuinya and both of them are from the same Ebonyi State, not possible.

Oho missing it is lovely toe, I don't want him there for obvious reasons.
Of Course, the President wants someone from Lagos and that's the only reason Abiru is there because it is expected to be an Osun/Oyo slot.

Abiru is from Ikorodu LGA

However presently, the CJN chairs both which isn't good for the system. Dattijo really condemned this

The cases you mentioned were not grounded or couched on section 177 but on the electoral act.any matter that is in the constitution is very germane just like the sylva case and cannot be settled by inferior acts like the evidence act or the EA2022.
In tarzoor vs ortom,the complaint was about apc primaries which pdp had no locus.
Pdp never said ayade wasn't their member,they sided with agi.agi didn't even bring compelling evidence.
Andp vs diri doesn't apply here.
Peter odey vs pdp doesn't apply as it wasn't couched on 177.same for nwifuru.no evidence of their name nonmembership of apc was tendered.
In obi vs tinubu,the focus was also on the electoral act and the only evidence tendered was party register.
According to justice akintan,in buhari vs Obasanjo,the court held that party register is not the only evidence of membership but nomination form,membership card,party fees etc and none of this was tendered by nnpp.the ones that were tendered were either fake or fraudulent.his nomination,membership was actually unlawful.in the eyes of the law,he did not participate in all stages of the election as stated by kekere ekun.
Another supreme court judge(can't remember) clearly said that a party cannot look into the internal matters of another except the actions of that party caused a fundamental injury on the other.you can see a proviso here.legally,Abba wasn't a member of nnpp and therefore his sponsorship was invalid....read the Kano tribunal judgment on his non qualification,it was comprehensive.

Oho is a radical judge and we need one or two in the apex court after odili and nweze left.for jummai name to top,she must have wanted it.i don't think tinubu hand was in this else he would have pushed someone from Ogun.
When is the date for plateau judgment.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by fergie001: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:
The cases you mentioned were not grounded or couched on section 177 but on the electoral act.any matter that is in the constitution is very germane just like the sylva case and cannot be settled by inferior acts like the evidence act or the EA2022.
But the judgement of the Sylva case which was hinged on the Constitution was dismissed based on locus standi which I opposed and you supported.

Does Constitutionality override locus standi? The answer is NO.
If you don't have locus, the Court has no Jurisdiction.

There is no difference here, you must have locus to even delve into the case. It is on all fours with the objections raised by Olanipekun and the APC against Obi.
Pdp never said ayade wasn't their member,they sided with agi.agi didn't even bring compelling evidence.
PDP was clear that Ayade hasn't been paying his membership dues to sustain his been a member. That was PDP's argument. Co-incidentally, Olanipekun was Ayade's lawyer.

The SC said but you sponsored him, submitted his name and come to the Court to say he isn't your member.

Peter Odey vs pdp doesn't apply as it wasn't couched on 177.same for nwifuru.no evidence of their name on membership of apc was tendered.
But it was tendered that their names were still on the PDP Membership Register, they made public statements that they remained members of the PDP. What did the Court say?
No locus standi, a Party determines her members.
In obi vs tinubu,the focus was also on the electoral act and the only evidence tendered was party register.

This is the much-touted 177(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party.

Decidedly, membership of a political party is not for the Courts to decide, as such matters are within the exclusive preserve of the party concerned. It is a domestic affair of the party concerned. The Courts will not be involved in deciding who the members of a political party are.
No matter how surreptitiously and nicodemously couched the Court shall always lift the veil to see the spirit in the Reliefs sought

(Echendu v Ugonna 2022) per Pemu JCA

Who determines the membership of a political party?
The Court has said severally that it is the Party and no one else. No other Party is even supposed to question same.

No member of a political party has the locus standi to question the party’s prerogative right on the issue of its choice of candidate for elective offices, not even in the face of breaching of its rules and regulations.

There is no doubt that membership of a political party is not justiciable”. The Court below was right to have held that the suit was not justiciable and I so hold.”
(Anyanwu v Ogunewe 2014) per Kekere-Ekun

What this means is that no member of the political party can question it let alone an outsider.
According to justice akintan,in buhari vs Obasanjo,the court held that party register is not the only evidence of membership but nomination form,membership card,party fees etc and none of this was tendered by nnpp.
This was a Court of Appeal decision.
The ones that were tendered were either fake or fraudulent.his nomination,membership was actually unlawful.in the eyes of the law,he did not participate in all stages of the election as stated by kekere ekun.
You are still quoting Enang v Asuquo.
These were 2 members of the same political party, infact two members who participated in the same Primary. So Enang had locus but Gawuna and APC has none.

Enang lost in the Primaries and presented the party register to show that indeed Asuquo was not a member of the Party. Same thing Agi did in 2016. He lost the PDP Primary to Ayade and presented the register. The Supreme Court can delve into that because there is locus since Enang & Asuquo as well as Agi/Ayade also participated in the same respective Primaries.

My argument is that there is no locus whatsoever.
Another supreme court judge(can't remember) clearly said that a party cannot look into the internal matters of another except the actions of that party caused a fundamental injury on the other. you can see a proviso here.legally,Abba wasn't a member of nnpp and therefore his sponsorship was invalid....read the Kano tribunal judgment on his non qualification,it was comprehensive.
This is not exactly true. In this case, the Court was also waking about intra-Party issues. The Court can only assume jurisdiction if the Party violates its own rules. (See Agi v PDP & Ugwu v. Ararume)

The narrow confines are couched in: Section 285(14) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) and Section 84(14) of the Electoral Act, 2022. (See Adebutu & PDP v. Jimi Lawal 2022) per Saulawa
Oho is a radical judge and we need one or two in the apex court after odili and nweze left.
You like Oho's radicalness but you don't like Nwosu-Iheme's radicalness because you perceive her PDP right?

Go straight to the point nah.

for jummai name to top,she must have wanted it.i don't think tinubu hand was in this else he would have pushed someone from Ogun.
I have told you Ogun has no Senior Judge.
Only Banjoko who went there in 2020.
The only senior Judge they had: Lokulo-Sodipe died in February this year

Jummai obviously wanted it otherwise she would have objected.

When is the date for plateau judgment.
Tomorrow.

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by IfnobeGod20: 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

That's apc matter
Yes, it was APC matter and it was a member of the same APC that instituted the case and the supreme court still found it worthy to dash the ticket to Lawal and Akpabio. What a country.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by IfnobeGod20: 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

By virtue of section 177 c,it is a constitutional matter and can be raised by anyone
The question is, who determine who is a member of a political? Is it the party or non-party member? Even INEC cannot say somebody is not a member of any party, as far as the party sponsor the person and that is why the constitution says and "he/she must be sponsored by a political party". Did NNPP sponsored Yusuf or not? It is a busybody for anyone to claim a father is not a biological father of a son, when he is not the mother of the son or when the son is not subject to DNA test by expert. APC are strangers to anything that happened within NNPP and nothing concern them there. Or which law says, if anyone join any political party today, he/she cannot be sponsored by same party again? So far NNPP sponsored him, APC are just busybodies and no more.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

The question is, who determine who is a member of a political? Is it the party or non-party member? Even INEC cannot say somebody is not a member of any party, as far as the party sponsor the person and that is why the constitution says and "he/she must be sponsored by a political party". Did NNPP sponsored Yusuf or not? It is a busybody for anyone to claim a father is not a biological father of a son, when he is not the mother of the son or when the son is not subject to DNA test by expert. APC are strangers to anything that happened within NNPP and nothing concern them there. Or which law says, if anyone join any political party today, he/she cannot be sponsored by same party again? So far NNPP sponsored him, APC are just busybodies and no more.

So who then decides who a member is? Any provision in the constitution is general,anyone can sue.as far as you have impeccable proof,you are ok
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Yes, it was APC matter and it was a member of the same APC that instituted the case and the supreme court still found it worthy to dash the ticket to Lawal and Akpabio. What a country.

No.in the case of lawan,machina failed to provide facts to show that he won the primaries.
In the case of akpabio,the primary was cancelled and the sc says only the nwc conducts primaries
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2023
fergie001:
But the judgement of the Sylva case which was hinged on the Constitution was dismissed based on locus standi which I opposed and you supported.

Does Constitutionality override locus standi? The answer is NO.
If you don't have locus, the Court has no Jurisdiction.

There is no difference here, you must have locus to even delve into the case. It is on all fours with the objections raised by Olanipekun and the APC against Obi.
PDP was clear that Ayade hasn't been paying his membership dues to sustain his been a member. That was PDP's argument. Co-incidentally, Olanipekun was Ayade's lawyer.

The SC said but you sponsored him, submitted his name and come to the Court to say he isn't your member.

But it was tendered that their names were still on the PDP Membership Register, they made public statements that they remained members of the PDP. What did the Court say?
No locus standi, a Party determines her members.

This is the much-touted 177(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party.

Decidedly, membership of a political party is not for the Courts to decide, as such matters are within the exclusive preserve of the party concerned. It is a domestic affair of the party concerned. The Courts will not be involved in deciding who the members of a political party are.
No matter how surreptitiously and nicodemously couched the Court shall always lift the veil to see the spirit in the Reliefs sought

(Echendu v Ugonna 2022) per Pemu JCA

Who determines the membership of a political party?
The Court has said severally that it is the Party and no one else. No other Party is even supposed to question same.

No member of a political party has the locus standi to question the party’s prerogative right on the issue of its choice of candidate for elective offices, not even in the face of breaching of its rules and regulations.

There is no doubt that membership of a political party is not justiciable”. The Court below was right to have held that the suit was not justiciable and I so hold.”
(Anyanwu v Ogunewe 2014) per Kekere-Ekun

What this means is that no member of the political party can question it let alone an outsider.
This was a Court of Appeal decision.

You are still quoting Enang v Asuquo.
These were 2 members of the same political party, infact two members who participated in the same Primary. So Enang had locus but Gawuna and APC has none.

Enang lost in the Primaries and presented the party register to show that indeed Asuquo was not a member of the Party. Same thing Agi did in 2016. He lost the PDP Primary to Ayade and presented the register. The Supreme Court can delve into that because there is locus since Enang & Asuquo as well as Agi/Ayade also participated in the same respective Primaries.

My argument is that there is no locus whatsoever.

This is not exactly true. In this case, the Court was also waking about intra-Party issues. The Court can only assume jurisdiction if the Party violates its own rules. (See Agi v PDP & Ugwu v. Ararume)

The narrow confines are couched in: Section 285(14) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) and Section 84(14) of the Electoral Act, 2022. (See Adebutu & PDP v. Jimi Lawal 2022) per Saulawa

You like Oho's radicalness but you don't like Nwosu-Iheme's radicalness because you perceive her PDP right?

Go straight to the point nah.

I have told you Ogun has no Senior Judge.
Only Banjoko who went there in 2020.
The only senior Judge they had: Lokulo-Sodipe died in February this year

Jummai obviously wanted it otherwise she would have objected.

Tomorrow.

In sylva case,the appellant had no locus at all.he wasn't even an aspirant or a member of any party.what injury did he claim? Why didn't he bring it under the timeline allowed by section 285? Anyway,the apex court will decide that...

The apex court have said while nomination is an internal party matter abd non justiciable,it is not absolute.there are exceptions if the party sufficiently violates its own rules,violates the constitution,electoral,infringes on the rights of its members or other parties...in the case of Kano,all these factors come into play as the illegal nomination of Abba affected the chances of other aspirants from emerging and that of Apc and extant laws were breached.psrties cannot act arbitrarily and hide under the guise of internal party matters.
Kekere ekun didn't say the narrow pathway was confined to 285 alone.she also said if the candidate didn't partake in all stages of the elections which starts from party registration to declaration,it can be a ground.
Section 177 c is constitutional and can be raised at any stage.there is no place in the constitution where locus for challenging such was determined or that it was termed a party matter.the locus granted by 285 refers to pre election matters.
Now section 177c is a ground just as A,b,d.nothing can limit it.apc is not challenging his membership,primaries or what happened inside nnpp.apc is simply saying that by virtue of section 177 c,he is not qualified.that subsection C has two preconditions
1) he must be a member of a party
2) he must be sponsored by that party.
Both must be satisfied not one condition.that why there was no use of OR and a semi colon was used before AND.
How do we determine the membership of a party legally? The court has decided on this whether appeal or apex...if it was supposed to be an internal party matter,the drafters would never have inserted it there.it was inserted there so that any aggrieved candidate or party can sue sir.no qualification in the constitution can be subordinated to the EA or under internal party matter..
How do one prove 177 c? It is by bringing cogent and compelling evidences.membership register wasn't just tendered but part card, dues..all evidences tendered shows he is not a member of any party.his nomination form was even submitted late.the evidences are too glaring and compelling to overlook.no one is questioning his membership but that he is an independent candidate,not a member of any party and did not participate in all stages of the elections..ofcourse,the apex court just like it did in degi vs diri can depart on its previous rulings on this

What did the appeal court say on the invalid ballots?
Ogbuinya was on the panel that gave judgment in favour of fayemi at the tribunal.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by IfnobeGod20: 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

No.in the case of lawan,machina failed to provide facts to show that he won the primaries.
In the case of akpabio,the primary was cancelled and the sc says only the nwc conducts primaries
This is tantamount to grandstanding that Machina failed to provide fact that he won the primary but the person that didn't participate in a primary can show fact that he won the primary. What a wonder in obodo naija. The more you see, the less you understand in APC's world.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Kukutente23: 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2023
fergie001
Thanks for the update. Don't mind this garfield1 dude. He does not mind turning the law on its head as long as it favours his beloved APC. I think his reputation as an APC urchin is well cemented on this forum.
Me, I have two things that interests me in this matter.
1. How is APC able to lay their hands on another party's membership register. I read the one you quoted about Obi and APC tendered LP register along with the letter they wrote to the Chairman of INEC in April 2022. I know the party registers are not published by INEC so it should raise eyebrows how APC is allowed access to another party's register when it is not part of an electoral document. This means INEC is not impartial as is expected of them if they are the one sharing other party's membership register with that of an opponent.
2. It is clear from what Ganduje said yesterday that APC simply went to court fishing for excuses to kick out NNPP. He claimed nomination had already closed by the time Kwankwaso joined NNPP which is a blatant lie. Meanwhile, what APC went to court with was that Abba was not a member of the party. The second funny thing in his statement was the claim that they handed over all the evidence for the case to Gawuna while Gawuna congratulated the winner and never made an appearance in court. The point I'm trying to make is how it is obvious that what is going on is beyond the law. It is a case of fishing to achieve an end by all means. That's why they are using something that is obviously none of their business to fight Abba Yusuf. I agree that any constitutional provision should not be hidden under any technicality such as internal affairs or whatever. But i still strongly feel APC has no business with who is a member of a party or not. That should be the business of INEC whom the parties submitted their register to.
So, I expect SC to follow the path of the Appeal Court. They are all acting out a script with a determined end. The loser in all of this is Kwankwaso and not even Abba Yusuf. How he must be biting his fingers now.

1 Like

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Kukutente23: 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

This is tantamount to grandstanding that Machina failed to provide fact that he won the primary but the person that didn't participate in a primary can show fact that he won the primary. What a wonder in obodo naija. The more you see, the less you understand in APC's world.
Don't mind the dude. Machina's case was kicked out on the techincality of originating summons versus writ of summons at SC and not any failure to prove he won the primaries. He's just making excuses for his beloved APC and their judicial bandit partners
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Oga,the nwc refused to forward machina name but sent that of lawan.machina went to court.he provided result sheets showing zone C senatorial primaries instead of yobe north senatorial primaries.the document wasn't signed,stamped or had apc emblem.finally,apc members who conducted the primaries and inec denied him.again,he instituted the case through originating summons instead of writ of summons.do you expect the court to rule in his favour?
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by IfnobeGod20: 6:25am On Nov 20, 2023
Kukutente23:
fergie001
Thanks for the update. Don't mind this garfield1 dude. He does not mind turning the law on its head as long as it favours his beloved APC. I think his reputation as an APC urchin is well cemented on this forum.
Me, I have two things that interests me in this matter.
1. How is APC able to lay their hands on another party's membership register. I read the one you quoted about Obi and APC tendered LP register along with the letter they wrote to the Chairman of INEC in April 2022. I know the party registers are not published by INEC so it should raise eyebrows how APC is allowed access to another party's register when it is not part of an electoral document. This means INEC is not impartial as is expected of them if they are the one sharing other party's membership register with that of an opponent.
2. It is clear from what Ganduje said yesterday that APC simply went to court fishing for excuses to kick out NNPP. He claimed nomination had already closed by the time Kwankwaso joined NNPP which is a blatant lie. Meanwhile, what APC went to court with was that Abba was not a member of the party. The second funny thing in his statement was the claim that they handed over all the evidence for the case to Gawuna while Gawuna congratulated the winner and never made an appearance in court. The point I'm trying to make is how it is obvious that what is going on is beyond the law. It is a case of fishing to achieve an end by all means. That's why they are using something that is obviously none of their business to fight Abba Yusuf. I agree that any constitutional provision should not be hidden under any technicality such as internal affairs or whatever. But i still strongly feel APC has no business with who is a member of a party or not. That should be the business of INEC whom the parties submitted their register to.
So, I expect SC to follow the path of the Appeal Court. They are all acting out a script with a determined end. The loser in all of this is Kwankwaso and not even Abba Yusuf. How he must be biting his fingers now.
It is on hearable that our once beloved judiciary has become a tool to manipulate the will of the people by giving conflicting judgement on the same issue. In one breadth, party membership is an internal party issue and no other party is expected to meddle in it and in another length, another non party member can poke his nose into the affairs of another party and even determine who is a member of that party. What a misfit regime out to orchestrate coup against standard.
How would a party joyously sponsored a candidate and another party says he has no right to sponsor such candidate on the premise that he is not a member of that party. The question is, should other party be the one to determine who a member of a party should be? Again, can someone that joined a party yesterday, not have the leverage to be sponsor by the same party for a position constitutionally? Just as I always say, no law forbids anyone joining a political party at any time and no law forbids a political party sponsoring a member within a window period of an election. The constitution says, must be a member of a political party and must be sponsor by a political party. The question again is, was Abah Yusuf not sponsored by NNPP? Should APC be the one to determine who is a member of NNPP too? This is a wonder in naija.

1 Like

Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by IfnobeGod20: 6:33am On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,the nwc refused to forward machina name but sent that of lawan.machina went to court.he provided result sheets showing zone C senatorial primaries instead of yobe north senatorial primaries.the document wasn't signed,stamped or had apc emblem.finally,apc members who conducted the primaries and inec denied him.again,he instituted the case through originating summons instead of writ of summons.do you expect the court to rule in his favour?
The way you like make up issue just to back anything about APC. He went to court to submit zone C senatorial primary instead of Yobe North Senatorial Primary. Please was it the same thing he submitted that the trial court and Appeal Court gave him a clean bill of health that he won the primary while the quick shift at the Supreme Court, after he has won in lower courts. Continue supporting injustice and what will sink the nation. Always remember in the absence of justice there is bound to be friction and agitation which can lead to breakdown of law and order.
This inconsistency of judgements by our courts potent grave danger and a time bomb, if not checked, I pray it won't consume the nation one day.
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 7:03am On Nov 20, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

The way you like make up issue just to back anything about APC. He went to court to submit zone C senatorial primary instead of Yobe North Senatorial Primary. Please was it the same thing he submitted that the trial court and Appeal Court gave him a clean bill of health that he won the primary while the quick shift at the Supreme Court, after he has won in lower courts. Continue supporting injustice and what will sink the nation. Always remember in the absence of justice there is bound to be friction and agitation which can lead to breakdown of law and order.
This inconsistency of judgements by our courts potent grave danger and a time bomb, if not checked, I pray it won't consume the nation one day.

Read the judgment and stop making noise
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Kukutente23: 7:35am On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

You lie too much. This is something that was in the public domain. APC forwarded Machina's name initially before withdrawing it for Lawan after the presidential primaries. No new primaries held. The primaries INEC witnessed had machina as the winner. Even INEC rejected Lawan's name and machina won at both high court and appeals. How did he do that with all the nonsense you listed?
Just eat your corn 🌽 in peace. You deceive no one
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 7:45am On Nov 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

You lie too much. This is something that was in the public domain. APC forwarded Machina's name initially before withdrawing it for Lawan after the presidential primaries. No new primaries held. The primaries INEC witnessed had machina as the winner. Even INEC rejected Lawan's name and machina won at both high court and appeals. How did he do that with all the nonsense you listed?

Balderdash
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by Kukutente23: 7:51am On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

Balderdash
Nothing better expected from a demented agbadorian 🌽
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by garfield1: 8:01am On Nov 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

Nothing better expected from a demented agbadorian 🌽

Bastat
Re: Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court by IfnobeGod20: 5:00pm On Nov 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

Leave garfield1 to his foolery. He always thought everyone is a novice as far as political issue of Nigeria is concern. How would somebody that won in lower and appeal courts submitted contrary document and his prayers were upheld in courts but one abracadabra from supreme court upturned the whole thing. I don't just know where some people hide their God given conscience? This is pitiable the kind of country we finally find ourselves, which was not so when we were growing up years back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Moment Governor El-rufai Went Round Kaduna To Ensure Compliance With Curfew / Obi's Supporter Deletes Tweet About 19 States Won, ANAP Calls It False Info / Senators Give Terms For Confirming Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.