Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,145 members, 7,829,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments (27690 Views)

Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? / Man Laments As Best Friend Sleeping With His Wife Breaks His Bed (Video) / 10 Richest Families In Nigeria 2018 By ManucheTv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Bukola94: 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Entitlement mentality. grin
Na wetin the society give us be that. Anyway, I personally don't have problem with that as I feel cool giving my family what I know I can afford.
There is luv in sharing, I learnt to be a cheerful giver,I learnt that from father

1 Like

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Bukola94: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2023
joseph1832:
Lol. they own you whether you have money or not. Having money just makes it more obvious... hehehe
Na them owe is dead body too. He no go take the bags go heaven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Darkjudge24: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2023
Mindlog:

Stop comparing Mikel to Mane and compare Mikel to yourself or are you not a man like him?

Tell us how you have bought fleet of brand new buses for your family to manage a transport company.

Tell us how you have pumped in millions in funding, to set up a music recording company for your brother.

Tell us how you have funded your siblings luxurious lifestyles.
No matter what u say, family is u,u are family,so when u are up try to upgrade ur family

1 Like

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by hiziks: 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2023
Error401:
Lol and the fact that you think I dont have Shishi is so funny!
Not everyone on Nairaland is like you bro. grin

How much of your current savings are you spending on your family?
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Whalis: 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
Bukola94:
U seems know him well. He was Muftau set, many were better players than him, but dem no get the connection and person to introduce them to NFF
Don't mind stupid people quoting who knows nothing about him.
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Ishilove: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
nedekid:

Oga, if you want to help such relatives if you can afford it do, don't look at their deficiencies. If you cannot then back out.
So they have more kids nko, don't you know a poor man cannot go out like you to have side chicks, go clubbing, go abroad on vacations, afford the entertainment, luxury you have? The only pleasure that have is to get home and knack their fat madams for free after a bottle of beer. Watin you think the result go be? Lol
Bro, it is not an excuse. So if there is no wealthy person in that family, that is how they will just birth innocent kids to suffer? What happened to family planning that is subsidized in government hospitals?

2 Likes

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by nedekid: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ishilove:

Bro, it is not an excuse. So if there is no wealthy person in that family, that is how they will just birth innocent kids to suffer? What happened to family planning that is subsidized in government hospitals?
You are right jare.
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by saasala(m): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2023
Mindlog:

I used that brain to learn how the brain works and after being certified, now assessing how other people's brain works, is how I earn my daily bread......so make another attempt to "insult" me. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

On a lighter note, I have had numerous psychiatric patients who I have worked with tell me your exact words and I always jokingly replied them, working with you here in the psychiatric facility is me making use of my brain. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I won carry go chop better catfish peppersoup and Heineken. I just gbadun
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by coputa(m): 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
Who own you before, when the chips are down all your friends will runaway, your family is all you have,so when you have the means take care of them,if not you will regret in the long run.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Mindlog: 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
Darkjudge24:
No matter what u say, family is u,u are family,so when u are up try to upgrade ur family

When you exert all human efforts to upgrade your family but they willfully choose pathways that continually exerts on you.....be humble enough to accept the fact that you are not their Messiah.

Rationalize how it is okay for you to be disciplined enough to have only 2 children and it is your responsibility to cater for your siblings who are birthing 5-7 children?

2 Likes

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by FireUpNow(m): 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2023
Over billing don injure this guy oo. Mikel should know that Africans are poor, no work and no capital to begin a business. H can help those he wants to help and just keep calm.

1 Like

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Pauliaette(m): 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2023
Be nko! No be Sadio Mane built, help, improve the livlihood of the people of Senegalese? No complaint

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by yommen: 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2023
DonBenny77:

Learn to make use of your brain first

Imagine. How much have I made to compare myself to Mikel Obi ntori Oloun?
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Error401: 5:35pm On Nov 18, 2023
You dont have to know, they are not suffering, and when they ask me, I give
hiziks:

How much of your current savings are you spending on your family?

1 Like

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by sorepco(m): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
Yeah true talk indeed. I blame some of these abroad guys. If a family member comes to u for aid and you are abroad. Just ask them what they want to do and set them up in that field so that they can take care of their families. If you keep giving them money you are part of the problem. They will see you as a cash cow. If bizness set them up by financing the project after looking at the bizness plan!

Theweekend:
My brother true talk

2 Likes

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by achimendy(m): 6:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
mariahAngel:
Mikel has had enough.

He has gotten to that point where he doesn't send anybody anymore. For him to speak out like this.
Africans and entitlement mentality are like🤞🏼

Exactly
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by achimendy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2023
DonBenny77:
Of course you belong to your family. They own you. And it's your responsibility to make your family smile before you consider strangers. Build your family I'm not saying you must grant every request but try for your family because when you die na still that family go reciprocate. Some wealthy men impress the streets and let the family suffer then when they fall off in the future they can't sustain because the didn't empower family.
Mikel particularly is a stingy guy, compare him to Mane from Senegal in terms of being charitable. Mikel would rather spend millions on a whip for model than support his family.
Don't downplay family, family is everything

Will you shut up your dirty mouth. Those that have never test success in their life are the ones to first talk how successful people should spend their money.

You're a man like him so go hustle and make that money, so you can be sharing to family and friends.

So many entitled pigs this days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Blackdisciple(m): 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2023
Lolzzz we are Africans grin grin

1 Like

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by achimendy(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
sorepco:
Yeah true talk indeed. I blame some of these abroad guys. If a family member comes to u for aid and you are abroad. Just ask them what they want to do and set them up in that field so that they can take care of their families. If you keep giving them money you are part of the problem. They will see you as a cash cow. If bizness set them up by financing the project after looking at the bizness plan!

This one never jam irresponsible and reckless money spenders.

The problem is entitlement, we have too many of them in Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Nolevel666: 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
DonBenny77:
Of course you belong to your family. They own you. And it's your responsibility to make your family smile before you consider strangers. Build your family I'm not saying you must grant every request but try for your family because when you die na still that family go reciprocate. Some wealthy men impress the streets and let the family suffer then when they fall off in the future they can't sustain because the didn't empower family.
Mikel particularly is a stingy guy, compare him to Mane from Senegal in terms of being charitable. Mikel would rather spend millions on a whip for model than support his family.

You day mad
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Nolevel666: 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2023
Mindlog:

I used that brain to learn how the brain works and after being certified, now assessing how other people's brain works, is how I earn my daily bread......so make another attempt to "insult" me. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

On a lighter note, I have had numerous psychiatric patients who I have worked with tell me your exact words and I always jokingly replied them, working with you here in the psychiatric facility is me making use of my brain. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Can 10 nuclear bombs be louder than this? grin grin
No!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by 4KNGOATS(m): 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2023
Words of a stingy bastardzzz
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by o123456789(m): 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2023
Mikel Obi is speaking about my current situation, Omo e nor easy, better to be hard on them, because they will never use the money you give to them wisely... Ok what if the rich family member who shares these money die, then who will fund their entitled lavish lifestyle?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Druss(m): 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
I felt ashamed for Mikel when I heard this. Compare to Mane. Mane has done so much for his people.
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Druss(m): 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
casualobserver:

If you read my post, I stated have no problem with the substance of what he said. I have a problem with his audience, his motives and because it comes from Obi who has always shown a penchant for Uncle Tom behavior.

Everything about this fella from accepting a name change to Mikel, to fake accent, to knocking Africans in front of a white audience to marrying white for ratings smacks of inferiority complex and a desire to serve his white masters.

If he said it to an African audience, a Nigerian tv station or radio, I won’t have a problem. What exactly is the white man supposed to do with that info? Except to perpetrate the stereo type of the African entertainment. If he really wanted to send a message to Africanaudience and he is really that bothered he should have said in to an African/Nigerian audience.

Stop making fools of yourselves to please the white man. Slavery is over, colonialism is over. The says where you put a black man in an audience to entertain the white man is over. Do you ever hear the Brazilians, the Venezuelans or the Colombian footballers come on TV to denigrate their own? Their conditions are no different from ours. They also have a family culture like us and most footballers from South America are from poor backgrounds, many from even poorer backgrounds than Nigeria.

Exactly. You got it. I felt ashamed for the guy. He even said it on talksport - one of the gutters of English radio. I am very embarrassed for him.

2 Likes

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2023
Angelfrost:

Nah... Mikel has done and is still doing awesomely for his family. I know this for a fact, except you are talking about something or people beyond family.

With regard to Mane, everyone is not philanthropic and should never be compelled to do so... Philanthropy is not a function of wealth. Mane has been helping his people long before he became wealthy and successful... He even said they sponsored him abroad by contributing massively.

Mikel doesn't owe anyone outside his immediate family a damn thing! Period!

Let's cut out this poor habit of calling people stingy just because they don't throw money around. It makes no sense.
Oga, if u got extra money dat is spendable but u can't spend it because pesin asking u 4 it is not ur family, guy na stinginess be dat... Akagum!
cool
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Blue3k(m): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
He shouldn't concern himself with the opinions of unproductive losers whether they're you're friends, family or strangers. You're only responsibility is to yourself and your minor children. If you want to give past that it's out of your abundance, generosity, and being neighborly. The only thing a person is entitled to is the productivity of their own hands by right.

1 Like

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Angelfrost(m): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

Oga, if u got extra money dat is spendable but u can't spend it because pesin asking u 4 it is not ur family, guy na stinginess be dat... Akagum!
cool

Bro, you are mixing things up and failing to get the message here.

Generosity is good, and giving remains a righteous virtue.

However, no one should lay demands on others all because they are rich or richer. Everyone should make effort to earn his own keep, and learn to be content.

Philanthropy is no one's right. Gifts are privileges bestowed by those who feel the need to... No one should demand for handouts.

3 Likes

Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Mindlog: 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
Nolevel666:

Can 10 nuclear bombs be louder than this? grin grin
No!!! cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Lamasta(m): 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
NAC1666:

Stingy man...who you help. What have Obi done for grassroot he came from. He should look at Eto,didia drogba, Senegal players, doing well for there country people.
What have you yourself done for the grassroot you came from
Re: Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments by Morphinne: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
DonBenny77:
This is an unpopular opinion and most people won’t like this but you’re defined making sense.
Though the entitlement mentality among Africans should not be encouraged (I myself won’t condone it from anyone no matter how close you are) but rich folks should always strive to empower their family members before considering outsiders because your family will always remain your family no matter what.
Some people in our society today enjoy being nice towards outsiders and empowering mainly for clout, leaving their families in penury. Mind you, I purposely said ‘empower’ and this is not to be mistaken for just giving and giving each time they ask because I will personally not condone you coming to me for assistance each and every time you need help. I’ll rather find a way to make you financially stable on your own and this will not be done at my own expense.
Africans need to do away with this ugly culture of expecting others to provide for them what they can’t provide for themselves. For this guy to say this in public, it’s obvious they’ve choked him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"You’re My Father" -Student; "No, I’m Not, Please" – Ex -lawmaker / Which Is Easier To Raise, Male Child Or Female Child? / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.