Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) (30107 Views)

Top 5 Ghanaian Musicians That Blew Directly From Nigeria In Recent Years / Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry / Shatta Wale Hails Nigerian Musicians, Slams Ghanaian Music Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by PoliteActivist: 5:30pm On Nov 18, 2023
Appletek:

You are the one who is talking rubbish out of ignorance. Imagine someone saying talking drums are only heard by Grammy people. What manner of ignorance is this?
I asked you a direct question. Is Davido more popular than Fela? Yes or no.

Exactly what I suspected - ignorance due to lack of exposure.
Fela's music never entered American mainstream at all, just like those talking drums. Someone that managed to enter American mainstream was Bob Marley. There are soo many very talented musicians whose music never entered American mainstream - like Jimmy Cliff, Miriam Makeba, etc. Davido did - with Fall. So did Burner boy, with last last, then others have now followed. Before them, no Nigerian music ever managed to enter American mainstream - NONE!
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by GeneralDae: 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2023
inoki247:
Lol I thought Ghanaian sells Gold make dem approach dere President and use dere Gold proceed and also dere high currency to buy dere own....

Imagine bringing out Stonebwoy is that all you guy's av to offer and expect Nigeria artist not to trash him no wonder wen u see dere Bike man na Stonebwoy sticker dey him bike that's all dey av to offer nd complain....

I guess when they're nominating the Kutis na Money dem dey use or use dere father influence since you guy's have decides let jealousy blind u to underate people's hardwork....

If you go to Ghana on Sunday on derr Radio station, TV the Gospel Music are Nigeria music on week days Top Ten na still Nigeria music are this Nigerians at fault when something is so good people will abandon the local that's not giving them the vibe they want...

Instead of Stoneboy, they have more creative musicians they are failing to promote. Musicians like Black Sheriff, Gyiake, and Kuami Eugene.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by Tvegas(m): 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2023
immortalcrown:
Make Ghana try buy em own. I hope you know how much Nigeria paid for it. Abi you need the account number for the payment?
Your mouth no good grin
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by BBIA: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
waternogetenemy:
Wen all this GHANA wahala go end?

They call us criminals.

we work hard they call us cheats, want us removed from market place.

Wat did we do to our Ghanaian brothers oooOOOO
Your Ghanian brothers
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by VEHINTOLAR: 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2023
Entprys:
Excuses.

It is because

Igbo youths are naturally creative.

And thank God for our yoruba children here. They are good in coppying them bumber t bumber

There they go again,empty chestbeating loud mouths from that tiny,erosion ravaged land of primitive cannibals ! Isnt it an irony when a nobody that is not rated anywhere in the world begins to see himself as an all important entity ?!

A jealous Ghanaian music Executive is venting his frustration about how Nigerian musicians have dominated the industry in Africa and how they're even making a giant stride to replicate same feet globally,here comes again another Igbo agendist trying to arrogate non existent glory/attributes to his yeye tribe;lol,that tribe nobody reckons with !

Dude,tell us a single Igbo among the Nigerian musicians nominated for the Grammy award and I will tell you,at least three (3),who are Yoruba among them ! The inferiority complex will forever make a typical Igbo person to always want to measure dicks with any Yoruba around him ! Lol,who is copying who ? You must be kidding yourself,boy ! Apart from the fact that hundreds of nightbuses from Igboland are already warming up to embark on a trip,as usual,to Lagos and other parts of Yoruba land now,how about those govt delegates from Anambra or is it "Alambla" who recently visited Lagos to understurdy Lagos State transportation system and administration? So,who dey copy who "bumber to bumber" now,Chinedu ?!

Easy with the chestbeating,nobody reckons with Igbo,kiddo !

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by PoliteActivist: 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2023
Swiftgrp:

I understand your POV or sentiments here but I have a contrarian view as an OG.

The past multiple-Grammy Awards winners, Sade Adu, Seal and Chamilionaire are of Nigerian descent. Two British-Nigerians and one Nigerian-American. They have all NEVER denied their Yoruba roots and links to Nigeria in many interviews. Davido too is a Nigerian-American!

Infact I remember watching Sade Adu on national TV back in 1986 when she visited Nigeria for her father's funeral and she told the journalists (who interviewed her at the International Airport in Lagos) that it was great to be back to Nigeria.

Seal also visited Lagos State 2 years ago with his first son from the German super model, Heidi Klum and he also told journalists at Femi Kuti's shrine in Ikeja, Lagos that he brought his son from America to come and know his roots in Nigeria. Seal was born in London like you accurately said but he came back to live in Nigeria and finally left Lagos Island, his hometown in 1979 with his British passport to seek for greener pastures in the UK and studied architecture.

Sade Adu and her older brother Banji were infact born in the late 1950s in Ibadan to a White English mother who was a nurse and a father from Ikere-Ekiti who was a Professor of Economics and a graduate of the London School of Economics and Political Science. Sade's parents first met in England.

Davido himself is a Nigerian-American and was born in Atlanta, Georgia in 1992 to a Yoruba father and to Imade Adeleke, a delectable Bini woman and an academic from Edo State who worked with Bowen University.

Non of these changes the fact that Seal and Sade music are not Nigerian as Davido's is, neither did they have any Nigerian flavour. Davido is all the way Nigerian, though born in US. Same way Sade is NOT really Nigerian, though born in Ibadan! Seal was brought up by white foster parents in UK
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by BBIA: 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!

How many people remember the 2000s when Ghana music was dominating?

Days of Reggie Rockstone, kk fosu, VIP , FBS, Tinny, et al

And to think I was an upcoming artist then and now I still be upcoming omooo

Abeg make Una see correct gbedu wey I drop here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q27magJz5UM?si=Nl03jde441qKPUZQ
Go and sit down.

You no go blow. Even if them activate bomb for your mouth.

Na why in a war scenerio , I can gum body with you if them the bomb the place.. I know I will no die because you anything wey come near us no go blow. grin
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by Odogwuzack: 6:03pm On Nov 18, 2023
Appletek:
If any Ghanaian wants to win, sing in Yoruba

Actually, I think there is a good connection between Yoruba language and good music.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by africandollar: 6:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ghana is to Nigeria what Canada is to US grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by Odogwuzack: 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Sade and Seal are not really Nigerians in the sense Davido is, neither did they play music in any way Nigerian.
They both grew up in UK. Seal was born in London

You are saying nonsense.

They identify as Nigerians and where do you put them in Nigeria??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by thunderbabs: 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2023
It's a free market, chale. Enter market, buy your share

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by PoliteActivist: 6:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
Odogwuzack:

You are saying nonsense.

They identify as Nigerians and where do you put them in Nigeria??

You know Nigerian music when you hear it. Nothing in "Kiss from a rose" and "Smooth operator" says "Ngerian". Just as music from Fela, Davido, Burner boy, are obviously Nigerian
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by Odogwuzack: 6:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
Appletek:

You are the one who is talking rubbish out of ignorance. Imagine someone saying talking drums are only heard by Grammy people. What manner of ignorance is this?
I asked you a direct question. Is Davido more popular than Fela? Yes or no.

Ignore the mumu grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2023
JoshTim:

Bad leadership is a reflection of the people, you and i

Stop trying 2 explain rubbish abeg

Refraction diffraction

Polarization

Which one again?

Spits

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by Lamasta(m): 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2023
Even Ghanaians prefer Nigerian music in ghana

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by harjay1986: 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2023
Thinktwicemybro:
Ghanaian sings with their language that's why they don't make it that far in music. Use English

Nope, Asake sing with Yoruba, and some other artist in Nigeria sing with local dialect yet we can still control many space... forget if you are good you are good nothing more they should up their game there is time Jamaica rule with Raggae but thats getting low now

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You know Nigerian music when you hear it. Nothing in "Kiss from a rose" and "Smooth operator" says "Ngerian". Just as music from Fela, Davido, Burner boy, are obviously Nigerian

Tha woop!

Tagging anything nigerian or african or american music is all burara

Spits

If ma blast goes tru tha studio as i determine,tha rest be 4urrk!

Still a nigerian,however my tone and all that!

No repair!

Izza nigerian case in tha sense that nigerians can be that talented!

Tha style be mine unto tha creativity 2 define!

What sorta world is this?

Thatz ma question

Are we sure of peace?
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by JoshTim: 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Stop trying 2 explain rubbish abeg

Refraction diffraction

Polarization

Which one again?

Spits

You that scams people up and down...do you consider yourself a leader?....
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2023
One thing I'm proud of as a Nigerian is our music industry and some day I hope to make it big in it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by Triangles1(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2023
Woodshot:
Ghana will leave their mates like Benin Republic, Togo, Liberia, and others to come and rub shoulders with Nigeria...

Omo see finishing, you get bad mouth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
JoshTim:

You that scams people up and down...do you consider yourself a leader?....

Am tha leader of scammers?

U mean?

How does a scammer scam itz leader?

By torture?

U may kill me but u cant format me

I dont see u as a honorable fellow as well

Am a scammer 2 a scammer

Even 2 tha extent of leading them

When i die, u will praise God.

I know.

We are enemies.

We are scammers.

But i lead

Thats why you want me bruised and battered

I have nobody 2 save me

Keep attacking

u dont beg when nobody is rich enough 2 afford it
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by PoliteActivist: 7:33pm On Nov 18, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Tha woop!

Tagging anything nigerian or african or american music is all burara

Spits

If ma blast goes tru tha studio as i determine,tha rest be 4urrk!

Still a nigerian,however my tone and all that!

No repair!

Izza nigerian case in tha sense that nigerians can be that talented!

Tha style be mine unto tha creativity 2 define!

What sorta world is this?

Thatz ma question

Are we sure of peace?

A person you can tell from his accent is Nigerian, is different from a person who looks and talks 100% American but tells you his parents are Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by Igbokwechika101(m): 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2023
Can Ghana pay the price😊

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
PoliteActivist:

A person you can tell from his accent is Nigerian, is different from a person who looks and talks 100% American but tells you his parents are Nigeria

Izza matter of genes

Tha lab test gone 2 determine tha paternity

We talking biology now

4get anything else

Tha drop!

U speak french and wear french aint making u french in tha genes

Cuz u was raised tha son of a hoe

Learnt maths 4rm killers , 1 ,2, 3, boom!

U gotta learn shit ,then use piss!
e ma close 2 tha grave 4rm birth yo hommie aint do a damn
U hopeless preaching madness
Making murny tru tha mindless

Go home ! U overcome being roofless
Left me in a sadsense!

Cursed be tha witness!
4urk tha experience!
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by CSTRR: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
HydraFeeds:
lies ,when I was in Ghana ,the immigration didn’t want me to come back to Nigeria .
Yeah.

We should take your experience over that of thousands of Nigerians who reported the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by Ropostic120(m): 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2023
[
YORUBA isn't their PAPAs' mates as far as everything is concerned in this country.

quote author=Raskimonojendor post=127036875]

The grammy code has been cracked for a while.

Grammy Nominations and Wins:

Henry Olusegun Adeola Samuel, a k.a Seal - win

Sade Adu - win

Hakeem Seriki (Chamillionaire) - win

Olalekan Babalola - win

Sikiru Adepoju -win

Kevin Olusola - win

Babatunde Olatunji - win

Angélique Kidjo - win

Burna boy (Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu) - win

Sunday Adegeye (aka KSA)

Seun Kuti

Femi Kuti

Tems (Temilade Openiyi) - win

Wizkid (Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun) - win

Ayra starr (Oyinkansola Sarah Aderibigbe)

Olamide

Asake (Ahmed Ololade)

Davido (David Adeleke)[/quote]
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by kokomilala(m): 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2023
@Spandau, is assertion is as insipid as it's as hollow.

How artistes of Igbo ancestry have dominated the Nigerian, African and world music space since 1960, and in recent history?

Again, I suggest to NL to deploy artificial intelligence to erase out lame and oft senseless comments.
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by HydraFeeds(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
CSTRR:

Yeah.

We should take your experience over that of thousands of Nigerians who reported the opposite.

Who’s doing the polls ?
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by ozijay: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2023
Funny guy
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!

How many people remember the 2000s when Ghana music was dominating?

Days of Reggie Rockstone, kk fosu, VIP , FBS, Tinny, et al

And to think I was an upcoming artist then and now I still be upcoming omooo

Abeg make Una see correct gbedu wey I drop here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q27magJz5UM?si=Nl03jde441qKPUZQ
Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by Lilfire(m): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
Seun Kuti started this useless rumors person way no gree blow far see am now the people of other countries no longer say its our numbers anymore that we bought the American market like seriously, do you even know how much is the dollar to naira rate, anyway the whole of Ghana no body can sale a show with a 500 dollar price ticket David show has just sold out for 2000 dollars if it's easy go and buy the Australian market or the German market. Why can't you just be happy for other people. COLLABO WITH NIGERIAN ARTIST

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) by Ever8090: 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2023
The idiot just dey finger Ghanian artists who make them for find am small thing ..

How many American musicians don future Ghanian artists?...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's Save Majek Fashek / The New Waves (dready Boys) / Is Ja Rule A Gangsta Or A Wanksta!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.