Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? (1744 Views)

Mention The Lies Your Ex Told You / What's The Most Shocking Lie Your Partner Ever Told You? / After She Had Told You No Sex Before Marriage And On Wedding Night U Found This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2023
Because she said she was looking for a good man, doesn't mean she is looking for you. She needs to find you attractive first before the goodness in you becomes appreciable.

11 Likes

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2023
For men, being emotionally vulnerable is like telling a woman to be sexually reckless. Men protect their emotional integrity the same way women protect their sexual integrity.

The test of a man who loves you is if he can be vulnerable to you. That he can tell you his deeper fears, comfortably, without any single fear he would be punished for it.

11 Likes

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
If you want to be disappointed with the concept of love as a man, try to be rich first.

Then you will realize the painful truth that you were actually not suffering from a lack of love, but suffering from a lack of money.

Then again, you will now realize that love is just the code word for soft life, hence. Then again, your head will scatter, and you will just accept that most people aint capable of loving in a selfless way.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
Most deaths between people who know themselves are usually between lovers, not friends. More people have died in the hands of their lovers, than in the hands of others.

The deeper the love, the deeper the hate. They mirror each other.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2023
Love is an equalizer.

If you love an idiot, then you have equalized yourself with an idiot. You are a mirror of whom you love.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2023
Love is an action word, a verb, and a duty to the beloved. Love is not a declaration, feelings, infatuation, thought, or intangibles.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
An area of love that is not talked about is that to love someone, you need to be eligible. If love is an action word, in other words, a duty to the beloved, then how can you love them right if you are not useful to them?

What makes you eligible to love is your usefulness to your beloved. A mother loves her child not because she said so, but because she cares for the child. Jesus loves you, hence, he died for you on the cross.

She might not mention to the child for once that mummy loves him, but he knows via actions. If a person loves you by declaration (by a mere statement), and not by action, it is not love.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2023
By default, men have a realistic concept of love because men have the burden of responsibility.

If you ask a random bachelor why he is not yet married, he will cite reasons that point towards his financial inadequacies to cater to a woman and a potential family.

Ask a spinster why she is not yet married, and I can tell you the answers will probably not be the same as a man.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
Love doesn't hide itself. Love can not be mistaken. Love is timeless. Love is even understood without words, eg between humans and a pet. If a person loves you, you will know. It can not be mistaken.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
Does kobojunkie even know the meaning of the word "love"? I strongly doubt it. You can't possibly explain what you have never experienced at all.
Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
LIVINGICONREBOR:
Does even know the meaning of the word "love"? I strongly doubt it. You can't possibly explain what you have never experienced at all.
Oh please go ahead and tell us what "love" is then? undecided
Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by emmaodet: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2023
Eazie351:

I wish I knew early that once distance sets in, your relationship is 70% compromised.

Now, this statement is 1 reason I don't take anything Love serious anymore.

What kind of Love will restrict my goals?
Most times, what we need to survive and become better in life is not always in our immediate environment.
You will have to go school in another state to better yourself knowledge wise, get a job in another state like Lagos or Abuja or PH or doing biz that will take you away from your immediate environment for days if not months and the so called Love a thing can barely withstand distance.
What kind of rubbish Love is that? Only a gullible will take Love serious.
Most Nigerians japa because sometimes, you just have to leave your immediate environment to get a better life.
I been away from my family since late July just to put food on my table yet a useless Love can barely float while experiencing distance.
Many gfs are been banged by besties in school because bf is working in far away Lagos.
Many messing themselves up in NYSC camp just for a few months distance from someone you claim to Love.
Many guys who japad gfs are been banged here in Nigeria while the guy is hustling 2/3 jobs so as to bring the woman he thinks he Loves.
Bro forget Love and go anywhere in the world to better yourself.
You will never regret it because when you are doing better, you will never be short of women.
We are always scared of losing our gfs during our broke state because we are afraid we won't get a better deal if we lose them. A man will be short of quality options when he is down and so become clingy and also taking bulshits and rubbish from their so called gfs but when you are opportuned to grow, you will look back and laugh at yourself and foolishness for trying to keep your Ex.
All the crying, begging and regular subtle insults you receive all just to make sure the relationship doesn't break. All the efforts you were putting just to make sure the relationship doesn't go south while the other partner doesn't care where it goes.
Adding values to yourself as a man is not to be debated.
It is a Must and non-negotiable else your eyes go see weeeeeeen

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 11:43am On Nov 20, 2023
emmaodet:

What kind of Love will restrict my goals?
Most times, what we need to survive and become better in life is not always in our immediate environment.
You will have to go school in another state to better yourself knowledge wise, get a job in another state like Lagos or Abuja or PH or doing biz that will take you away from your immediate environment for days if not months and the so called Love a thing can barely withstand distance.
What kind of rubbish Love is that? Only a gullible will take Love serious.
Most Nigerians japa because sometimes, you just have to leave your immediate environment to get a better life.
I been away from my family since late July just to put food on my table yet a useless Love can barely float while experiencing distance.
Many gfs are been banged by besties in school because bf is working in far away Lagos.
Many messing themselves up in NYSC camp just for a few months distance from someone you claim to Love.
Many guys who japad gfs are been banged here in Nigeria while the guy is hustling 2/3 jobs so as to bring the woman he thinks he Loves.
Bro forget Love and go anywhere in the world to better yourself.
You will never regret it because when you are doing better, you will never be short of women.
We are always scared of losing our gfs during our broke state because we are afraid we won't get a better deal if we lose them. A man will be short of quality options when he is down and so become clingy and also taking bulshits and rubbish from their so called gfs but when you are opportuned to grow, you will look back and laugh at yourself and foolishness for trying to keep your Ex.
All the crying, begging and regular subtle insults you receive all just to make sure the relationship doesn't break. All the efforts you were putting just to make sure the relationship doesn't go south while the other partner doesn't care where it goes.
Adding values to yourself as a man is not to be debated.
It is a Must and non-negotiable else your eyes go see weeeeeeen

Spoken like a true Lion. Salute

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by pansophist(m): 11:45am On Nov 20, 2023
emmaodet:

What kind of Love will restrict my goals?, so-called Love a thing cant barely withstand distance?

What kind of rubbish Love is that? Only a gullible will take Love seriously.

Many mess themselves up in NYSC camp just for a few months distance from someone you claim to Love.

Exactly for this reason, I wrote earlier that one has to be eligible to love. Most people don't see love in the angle of self-qualification.

A prostitute can't just wake up one day and say she loves Peter Obi, even if it's true, her love is useless. A prostitute can't be the first lady of Nigeria.

Most people think because they declared their love (which is feelings by the way), then they actually love, but when the true test of their love shows up, they fall flat without a fight.

If you love someone, you must be useful to them. You must have the virtues of tolerance, hard work, faithfulness, respect, forgiveness, etc. Because your beloved is imperfect, you have to be easy on them.

You have to apply the golden rule (Mathew 7.12) as the foundation of your relationship. The golden rule which is that you must do unto others, how you want them to do unto you.

You can not just shout that you love someone and think you have no duty towards them, to repair yourself, and make their life better because you love them.

But for some people, because they love you, they become a burden on you. They instantly turn to an orphan and expect VIP treatment, just because they declared by words, not actions that they love you. grin

She begins to make her beloved feel like he is not leveling up because the other guy she loves actually bought her the latest gadgets. You said you loved him but made him suffer financially to keep up with her ever-changing goalpost of material greed, behavioral disorder, and rotten character.

That is not love, it's parasitism dressed up as love. If anybody loves you in such a way, flee, it's a very useless love, you don't need it.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by emmaodet: 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2023
pansophist:

Exactly for this reason, I wrote earlier that one has to be eligible to love. Most people don't see love in the angle of self-qualification.

A prostitute can't just wake up one day and say she loves Peter Obi, even if it's true, her love is useless. A prostitute can't be the first lady of Nigeria.

Most people think because they declared their love (which is feelings by the way), then they actually love, but when the true test of their love shows up, they fall flat without a fight.

If you love someone, you must be useful to them. You must have the virtues of tolerance, hard work, faithfulness, respect, forgiveness, etc. Because your beloved is imperfect, you have to be easy on them.

You have to apply the golden rule (Mathew 7.12) as the foundation of your relationship. The golden rule which is that you must do unto others, how you want them to do unto you.

You can not just shout that you love someone and think you have no duty towards them, to repair yourself, and make their life better because you love them.

But for some people, because they love you, they become a burden on you. They instantly turn to an orphan and expect VIP treatment, just because they declared by words, not actions that they love you. grin

She begins to make her beloved feel like he is not leveling up because the other guy she loves actually bought her the latest gadgets. You said you loved him but made him suffer financially to keep up with her ever-changing goalpost of material greed, behavioral disorder, and rotten character.

That is not love, it's parasitism dressed up as love. If anybody loves you in such a way, flee, it's a very useless love, you don't need it.

grin grin grin

You are right bro.
Love is nothing without actions and real Love is real hard work sef. A lot of sacrifice etc
Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by Rossycares(f): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2023
Love is nt meant for everybody.
Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by Haynnie: 12:26am On Nov 21, 2023
pansophist:
For men, being emotionally vulnerable is like telling a woman to be sexually reckless. Men protect their emotional integrity the same way women protect their sexual integrity.

The test of a man who loves you is if he can be vulnerable to you. That he can tell you his deeper fears, comfortably, without any single fear he would be punished for it.
[/b]seconded![b]
Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by Gerrard59(m): 4:05am On Nov 21, 2023
Looking at the comments, I am glad I got sense early enough in life. I don't believe in love, especially as a man.

All that I love you, oya, talk your own. I no do am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by sageb: 8:30am On Nov 21, 2023
Gerrard59:
Looking at the comments, I am glad I got sense early enough in life. I don't believe in love, especially as a man.

"I love you, oya talk your own " without money is just a joke 😂

1 Like

Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by Haynnie: 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2023
Gerrard59:

Guy change ur siggy we are in tinubu era. Lol
Re: What Do You Wish Someone Had Told You About Love? by Gerrard59(m): 12:34am On Nov 22, 2023
Haynnie:

Guy change ur siggy we are in tinubu era. Lol

The genesis started from Buhari. Buhari should have never been elected. Also, almost all of Buhari supporters voted for Tinubu in 2023. I like looking at things from the beginning, aka the roots.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Data For Most Visited Sites In Nigeria / Am I In Love Or Just Jealous. / What Has Nairaland Done 4 U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.