Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" (17515 Views)

Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians / Share Your Experiences Working With Mega Chicken Restaurants / What Are Your Experiences With GNLD??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Oyindamolah: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2023
shocked
Happycharles:
When I saw this thread and the kinda post there, I gave up already. I even thought I have seen it all in my office. Kai people are in shit ooo.

I have worked for private company since 2020, It is from one level of shege to another. First no employment or appointment letter. You can be an admin today and wake up tomorrow doing an IT guy work, the next time, he will call u on sunday to go come to office just to buy food for him. Like am his wife.

Cos of salary, and his numerous sanctions that ensures that u dont receive your full salary, I have resigned more than 4 times, at each time he will increases the salary. But men there is no specific opening and closing time. Your guy can go to work by 8PM and come back by 10PM and after working strenuously for that number of hr for sometimes straight 2- 3 days, you might think you deserve rest. The man will strenuously engage u again. It is a vicious cycle that never ends.

The man has 5 companies, and I work in the five at the same time. Trekking my life out under Abuja sun meeting the demands of the whole company as at necessary. He provided car to make the work easy, but any little scratch the kinda embarrassment and pay u will pay to rectify it, u will regret driving the car in the first place. That is after begging for fuel money ooo.

But here is the good side of it all. I have horned my skills to provide some digital services in his office under his nose, without his knowledge. The provisions for moving about everytime, I have used to solve my own personal problem tooo. Even as I seek for Job.

One day, I applied for a job, IT one, the woman saw my CV and decided that even though I am not altogether qualified for the work she will create a supervisory role for me to work with her. But guess what! She is a Spinster, and the way she was arrogant, i told her I can't work with her cos she is a woman. The lady was very crazy. But men, I care not!

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Oyindamolah: 9:59am On Nov 21, 2023
undecided
BossSmith:
All those Private One man business for VI 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Omo run ohhhhh. Them go use your eyes see something
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Love800(m): 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
Any job from 50k upwards for me? I dont care whether is a factory work. Am ready to do any.
Am ssce holder.
Oyindamolah:

Our food and beverage company, McNichols Plc, is seeking to hire Production Management Trainees to train and work at our factory location at Arepo on Lagos Ibadan Expressway, Ogun State.

The ideal candidates must be female, not older than 30 years, and must be a university or polytechnic graduate in the fields of food science and technology, industrial chemistry, microbiology, biochemistry or other related sciences.

No experience is required. Please send your CV to mcnicholsnigeria@yahoo.com before end of Tuesday 28th November 2023. Please do not apply after the closing date.

you could as well send referrals to me directly.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by sherylbaky(f): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2023
Talk the name, make other people no go fall victim
adekay26:
once worked with a microfinance institute in
IB CITY. with its headquarters at Ilorin. The place is a hell on earth to work. The owner is a tyrant, force staff to buy share from the company which equals to deduction with no return on. whatever share bought, workers are forced to prayer meetings for like 10 days in a month at the head office after the close of work, lateness to prayer meetings attracts curses and fine, there was a time some staff were t[b][/b]old to go and pay #50 in another state because they came late, staff are coerced to pay for defaulting client.

There was a time he was having a meeting with the staff and he said the staffs are smelling.
His list of attrocities are endless.
Very useless MFI and mfB
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Oyindamolah: 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2023
Love800:
Any job from 50k upwards for me? I dont care whether is a factory work. Am ready to do any.
Am ssce holder.
Noted.
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Love800(m): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ok
Oyindamolah:
Noted.
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Oyindamolah: 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2023
Love800:
Am ssce holder.
A Private School in Ikoyi axis is recruiting for the position of a School Cook.

Contract Type - Full time
Location - Ikoyi, Lagos
Salary- Competitive
Expected Staff Date- Immediate

Requirements
o The preferred candidate must have a minimum of W.A.E.C certificate.
o Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in similar position

Interested applicants should send their CV to woragwu@meadowhallgroup.com
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by lavylilly: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2023
grin
Goalnaldo:
Your last experience was similar to mine..mine happened in awka..I travelled from Delta to awka for that. I also encountered them thrice too grin
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by lavylilly: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2023
OvertheTop:

grin grin grin GNLD , Network Marketing Back to back
As in ehn
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Microwhy: 7:06pm On Nov 21, 2023
Pojomojo:
Talk is cheap.
Actually, no be lie.
Easy to say than done.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Love800(m): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ok. But this one is a kinda skillful. Assuming it was something like kitchen assistant, it will be prefarable. Anyways tanks alot.
Oyindamolah:
A Private School in Ikoyi axis is recruiting for the position of a School Cook.

Contract Type - Full time
Location - Ikoyi, Lagos
Salary- Competitive
Expected Staff Date- Immediate

Requirements
o The preferred candidate must have a minimum of W.A.E.C certificate.
o Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in similar position

Interested applicants should send their CV to woragwu@meadowhallgroup.com

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Hamachi(f): 10:36pm On Nov 21, 2023
obonujoker:

Lol.... Happenings dey o
it's not funny
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by MikaelDare(m): 7:46am On Nov 22, 2023
Starz825:
Any company that always ve open vacancy like bck 2 bck no b better place. U see say their vacancy no dey ever end. RUN.

Exactly, that's one of the ways to deduce toxic workplaces.
There's usually high rate of staff turn over as staffs usually have to leave regularly.
Once I see repitition of same vacancy multiple times within few months, I know that Organization is a No No.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Meerahbel: 7:48am On Nov 22, 2023
xavuv:

Omo aiye grin which certification u sef get
A little Google search would clear your doubt.
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by xavuv: 11:23am On Nov 22, 2023
Meerahbel:

Hmm i don't get it o, little google search like how?? 🤷

Like searching google if you have got a SPA certification or what??

Or

does meerahbel has proper certification for operating a SPA?

Seems you are newbie on the internet 🤦
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by xavuv: 11:23am On Nov 22, 2023
Meerahbel:

Or

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by xavuv: 11:24am On Nov 22, 2023
Meerahbel:

Or

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by emekabassey: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2023
Microwhy:

Trashy story... You all are cowards. Demand for his sack through a very solid channel.
Get yourself together after work and hold a meeting. Report to ministry of labour with evidences and witness.

If only it was this easy, because we tried and held a protest but some of the staffs involved in the protest are still victimised till now. I would appreciate if you can point out the solid channels

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by emekabassey: 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2023
bluefilm:

But how and why do you guys put up with all this nonsense in the first place?

Does it mean that you guys have got ZERO options with regards to where to find work?

How much is the beast of a man even paying for people to be putting up with such nonsense?

I just can't understand why some people will be okay with being treated as slaves, even in their own country.

People will put up with anything to feed themselves.. The salary is 40-60k
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by emekabassey: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2023
Joeyjones:
If only Nigeria was like the usa with working labour laws that even private companies have to follow. That your company is supposed to have received many lawsuits.

If only, I don't think one can even sue them in the absent of an employment/appointment letter
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by emekabassey: 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Why has no one report him to the authority?

Which authority, Nigeria is not working and he knows
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by emekabassey: 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2023
rollywise:

. When you don't know your right, abuse is inevitable. There are labor laws also in this country no matter how useless the country is. He can be sued. If only you can gather up these evidences and witnesses u mentioned up there, he's in soup

How please, because I was informed in the absence of an employment/appointment letter nothing can be done
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by emekabassey: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2023
TheDemola:

I think you have to take up the case with a very very strong lawyer.

Labor laws state 40hrs/week of work, any hr outside that should be regarded as overtime and paid accordingly. So you have a good case with a strong labor lawyer.

Does the company not have a handbook?

No they don't, and it's not even a small company. It's Fouani Nigeria Limited
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by emekabassey: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2023
TheDemola:

I think you have to take up the case with a very very strong lawyer.

Labor laws state 40hrs/week of work, any hr outside that should be regarded as overtime and paid accordingly. So you have a good case with a strong labor lawyer.

Does the company not have a handbook?

Is it possible to sue them without an appointment letter?
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by emekabassey: 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2023
boldsleek:
Post the stupid Lebanese number let's torment his life.

Just imagine how wicked a human being is

Check my previous post
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by TheDemola: 3:25pm On Nov 22, 2023
emekabassey:

If you have the wherewithal, you'd need to speak with a Labour lawyer
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by emekabassey: 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2023
SmartyPants:

NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL COURT!

Take that person to the National Industrial Court!

Your employer is not a god. The court will put him in line sharply.

How please and can this be done without an appointment letter?
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by SmartyPants(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2023
emekabassey:

How please and can this be done without an appointment letter?

It would be best to get a lawyer but if you can't, just walk into the National Industrial Court and ask to see the registrar. Tell them you want to sue your employer and they will give you some forms and guide you on what steps to take next.

You can definitely sue without an employment letter provided you have other evidence of your employment.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by SmartyPants(m): 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2023
emekabassey:

How please, because I was informed in the absence of an employment/appointment letter nothing can be done

Who told you so?
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by bisqit: 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2023
emekabassey:

what do you think about working Monday to Saturday?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by Meerahbel: 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2023
bisqit:
it's what you signed up for
Re: Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" by emekabassey: 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2023
bisqit:

Of course it's draining and the oay is not even up to 60k even as a graduate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Train 100,000 Graduates As Extension Workers, Says Osinbajo / Apply For Drury Industries Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (14 Positions) / I Forgot To Print My Acknowledgement Form For Prison Service.pls Advi Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.