Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation (12845 Views)

Funsho Doherty Writes On Lagos - Calabar Coast Road Project / Funso Doherty's Letter To Governor Sanwo-Olu On ₦1 Trillion Issuance Programme / PDP Suspends Chimaroke Nnamani, Fayose Oluwajomiloju, Ayeni Funso, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by hiziks: 7:51am On Nov 19, 2023
sholatech:
Again, this was the man LP should have picked as their Lagos State Candidate

Shut up! You will still call him Igbo.

Didn't you lots called Jimi Agbaje Jimichukwu despite being more Yoruba and Lagosian than the current crooks from Osun and Ekiti?
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Omobude244: 7:53am On Nov 19, 2023
DesChyko:

They will soon call him enemy of the Yoruba and give him an Igbo name🤣🤣
Funshoyere doharchukwu

Those idiots don't like people telling them the truth

1 Like

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Odogwuzack: 7:54am On Nov 19, 2023
jojothaiv:
The foolish ones here will say Funso can't stomach the pain of defeat, he's a wailer, Lagos state shouldn't answer any detractors, Eko O no baje.

In society where accountability is the key word, every penny spent should be well documented and explained and not just tossing unexplainable figures around but then this is Nigeria, some people are perfectly okay with the state of the nation.

Did you demand this in Ebonyi/Enugu or it must always be about Lagos??

No wonder someone said SE politicians are the luckiest in the world because their people care less about what is going on there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Omobude244: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2023
sholatech:
And u would have changed hid name to Doharchukwu and tell him to go and govern Anambra as u did to Jimi agbaje
Oh U think it started with GRV🤣🤣
THEY deceive yourself

2 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Omobude244: 7:58am On Nov 19, 2023
DoTheNeedful:
A good opposition in Lagos is a welcome development. I am not talking about an opposition driven by tribalism though.

I have always maintained that Funsho Doherty was the best opposition candidate in the last election. However, some people driven by an unknown agenda, decided to push GRV, who at 40, had no 5 years working experience. The only shining thing about GRV was his MIT masters. Funny enough, this Funsho Doherty has a masters from Harvard himself and has several years of working experience at blue-chip companies.
Lolz
Until he becomes a threat and u will remember his 17th generation is from igbo
🤣🤣
Ozuor
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Omobude244: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
This is how opposition is played. Kudos to Funsho Doherty.

The tribalists are arriving the thread. I know you can't hold it grin

Gbam. This was the man I supported and even shared on my Instagram status.
Mumu
What was Jimi agbaje sin in 2015 that made u tagged him jimichukwu and told him to go and rule Anambra
Ozour
Tinubu keep using your head every election year.
I can imagine how they laugh at you guys foolishness in their circle

1 Like

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Odogwuzack: 8:05am On Nov 19, 2023
iwaeda:

Slave mentality, always defending oppressors. The Igbo you slammed contribute 40% of your IGR. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Any official document to this claim??

You should have just said 100% instead. grin

1 Like

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by plaindealer: 8:16am On Nov 19, 2023
iwaeda:

Slave mentality, always defending oppressors. The Igbo you slammed contribute 40% of your IGR. grin grin grin grin grin grin

The slaves are the people sitting at home like slaves under terrorist control

Slaves are people sitting there like slaves while their useless leaders collect their taxes and allocations with nothing to show, one even dash you JB concrete sign to celebrate, that's slavery and your useless and incompetent governors collecting your taxes and allocations with nothing to show are your oppressors.

You are the real slave.

Ndo, agba slave.. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by plaindealer: 8:18am On Nov 19, 2023
iwaeda:

According to...........

grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by seguno2: 8:20am On Nov 19, 2023
aviara:
This is the dimension they introduce (the ethnic card) to any topic that offends their lord and master

We owe ourselves the duty of killing such tribesmen diversions quickly and efficiently every time we see them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:35am On Nov 19, 2023
DoTheNeedful:
A good opposition in Lagos is a welcome development. I am not talking about an opposition driven by tribalism though.

I have always maintained that Funsho Doherty was the best opposition candidate in the last election. However, some people driven by an unknown agenda, decided to push GRV, who at 40, had no 5 years working experience. The only shining thing about GRV was his MIT masters. Funny enough, this Funsho Doherty has a masters from Harvard himself and has several years of working experience at blue-chip companies.

Tinubu has no 3 years working experience before he became a governor. Only 2

1 Like

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by IamAtikulate: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2023
sholatech:
So that you'll hate him again and remind him how he is not a true Yoruba.

And what stops you from voting for him?

1 Like

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by 1TrippleCee: 8:40am On Nov 19, 2023
OAFMods:
Let the oloriburuku Igbo mothered fool be the next Aristotle so long he does not think in Yoruba he should go n rule his mother's land.

Anyone that can't think in Yoruba can't rule me in Lagos cos all my head na Yoruba full my head. How long you n your tribesmen wail I must accept any form of Igbo only expose the fool you are cos you have no idea the disdain I hold for anything Igbo.

Good luck with you yorubas and igbos..As for.me, only Eternity, The Kingdom of God and Heaven matters
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by IamAtikulate: 8:40am On Nov 19, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

And what stopped you from voting for him?

Yoruba people sha.

1 Like

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by iwaeda: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2023
plaindealer:

According to...........

grin grin
Seplat, Zenith banks, Mobil,Chevron, shell, banks, trade fair, Alaba, oyingbo, computer Village, transport companies at Jibowu, Mazamaza, Oshodi, balogun markets, Oluwole, Ajah, Osapa, Estate owners, developers. To mention a few pay taxes. I didn't mention Yaba, Surulere, Alaba grin grin grin grin
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Throwback: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2023
This is a candidate that has the capacity and requisite experience to manage a state like Lagos that is the 5th largest economy in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Beolly(m): 8:57am On Nov 19, 2023
azpekuliar:

Oga abeg make we hear word. Una never ready. Na una go still go trace im ancestry back to the 15th generation and show us were his ancestors married an Igala woman and therefore he cannot be governor of Lagos state. Nothing about the intellect the man will bring to the table will matter, absolutely none! Just 1930s Hitel-Nazi Party style radicalization vibes everywhere. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by tollyboy5(m): 9:19am On Nov 19, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

And I never heard of this. Where is your proof. Can you provide a media link to show that it was slashed? I remembered Sanwo Olu still have fresh 100s of millions in September.
I am an affected candidate
Fraud everywhere sanwo-olu skipped 2019 and 2020 bursary debt
Tho I've graduated lol

1 Like

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by PHAYOL81: 9:45am On Nov 19, 2023
How governance works. You don't have to be toxic to point out ANOMALIES, be civil but discreet.

I hope the state government look into these points, correct them or publicly tell us why they are so if they are misunderstood. That shouldn't be a hard nut to crack, should it?
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by seguno2: 9:56am On Nov 19, 2023
iwaeda:

What is the point of claiming 40% contributions to Lagos IGR if Igbo states are a wasteland of poverty and suffering that they are fleeing from, just as Lagosians are fleeing decades of decline in government services and utilities, to Europe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by seguno2: 10:02am On Nov 19, 2023
Throwback:
This is a candidate that has the capacity and requisite experience to manage a state like Lagos that is the 5th largest economy in Africa.

Just because he highlighted possible problems in LASG finance?
Is he the first person to do that?
Should everyone who does it, be automatically seen as having the capacity and requisite experience to manage a state like Lagos?

By the way, what is the source of this information for 5th largest economy in Africa, for APC’s ruined metropolis

Potable water still luxury 23 years after return of democracy

WHILE the Federal Government continues to proliferate the country with dams, it is such an irony that a state like Lagos, with its massive, constant boast of being a megacity, cannot provide its residents, thereby forcing the bulk of them to take solace in the arms of water boreholes.

At regular intervals, the two major waterworks in the state, the Adiyan, and Iju get grounded leading to the non-availability of water. In April and May last year, for instance, they both produce less than 10% of their installed capacity.

As of today, Eti-Osa, Apapa, Victoria Island, Badagry, Ibeju Lekki, Surulere, Ikorodu, Agege, Ojo, Mushin Kosofe, and most locations in the state are without access to clean water. Consequently, millions of residents now rely on boreholes, rivers, rainwater, as well as comprised wells for their water needs.

On its website, the LWC claims that it has a total installed water production capacity of 210 million gallons per day (MGD), which is far lower than the current estimated daily water demand of 540 million gallons per day.

Also, its plan to produce 745 million gallons per day by the year 2020 through the Lagos Water Supply Master Plan fell flat with the actual number of citizens having access to potable water dropping, rather than increasing 11 years after the launch of the master plan.

A senior staff of LWC, who preferred anonymity said that at present, its agency only supplies water to Lekki, parts of Ikoyi, Victoria Island (VI), Ojodu, Iju, and some parts of Ikotun.

https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/potable-water-still-luxury-23-years-after-return-of-democracy/
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by BreakingNews21: 10:03am On Nov 19, 2023
A very studious budget analysis and respectful correspondence to the sitting governor. Mr Doherty is a class act!
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Throwback: 10:08am On Nov 19, 2023
seguno2:

Just because he highlighted possible problems in LASG finance?
Is he the first person to do that?
Should everyone who does it, be automatically seen as having the capacity and requisite experience to manage a state like Lagos?

By the way, what is the source of this information for 5th largest economy in Africa, for APC’s ruined metropolis

Not because he penned an open letter, but based on his career experience.

I read about him during the gubernatorial campaign buildup to the 2023 elections.

1 Like

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Faposky95: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2023
Buhari came with whistle blowing.... what's it's outcome today.......?!
Heart wrenching.....
This man should be protected by all means and whistleblowers come in from all angles.
Evil, darkness wrong must not supercede right....that is what living is about....That fight..?!
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by seguno2: 10:13am On Nov 19, 2023
Throwback:
Not because he penned an open letter, but based on his career experience.

I read about him during the gubernatorial campaign buildup to the 2023 elections.

Career experience is not enough to run a political office.
Otherwise Lagos will not be a worsening shithole of more taxes and less government employment for its services and utilities to be provided to the masses, who ultimately pay the taxes, after 24 years of APC rule.

Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria, has been ranking as one of the worst places to live in the world for the nine straight years, a BusinessDay analysis shows.

Data from the 2019 Global Liveability Index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the world’s leader in global business intelligence, shows the city has been within the range of 137th-139th position out of a total of 140 cities in the world from year 2011-2019.

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/lagos-ranks-amongst-worst-cities-to-live-in-for-nine-straight-years/
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by TrumpDonald2: 10:19am On Nov 19, 2023
superCleanworks:
Watch how they will leave the message and shoot the messenger.

Fantastically corrupt people in places of public trust.

The funny thing is that the oppressed will be supporting the oppressors. Seeing tribalism in everything.
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by DesChyko: 10:20am On Nov 19, 2023
OAFMods:
..you have no idea the disdain I hold for anything Igbo.

I have a couple of quick question though..

How long do you think you can feed this hate? Just during your youth or till old age?

Do you intend to pass it on like a tradition to your wards? family?

Do you show this hate to the people around you or it's just a Nairaland thing?
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by MomohMrMoore: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2023
Imagine all these frivolous monies allocated, ways of syphoning all the monies to private accounts In a state where workers cannot afford the transport fares of BRT. Workers trek tens of kilometers to work. BRT fares now over the roof. Politics is the only profitable venture in Nigeria.. nothing else.
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by TrumpDonald2: 10:27am On Nov 19, 2023
You will never see FreeStuffsNG Yarimo LeoDeKing MANNABBQGRILLSs etc on this thread. Keep deceiving yourselves. Instead of vying for a country with zero/reduced corruption and strong institutions, they will prefer tribalism even if it means destroying the institutions. Heartily defending their oppressors.

Like i always say, keep deceiving yourselves. Until we begin to acknowledge the truth in this country, we will remain in this circle.

For una mind, Lagos is 'developed'.
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Lastmankc(m): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

Shut up, you guys we still trace is ancestry linage to be Igbo.hypocrites
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by plaindealer: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2023
iwaeda:

Seplat, Zenith banks, Mobil,Chevron, shell, banks, trade fair, Alaba, oyingbo, computer Village, transport companies at Jibowu, Mazamaza, Oshodi, balogun markets, Oluwole, Ajah, Osapa, Estate owners, developers. To mention a few pay taxes. I didn't mention Yaba, Surulere, Alaba grin grin grin grin

Comedians, Banks and oil companies employ only ibo people?

Your poor 4x4 and mushroom backyard shops are not known dor paying taxes...

Go and sit down with your poverty mentality.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Jcomtrader: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2023
Goodvibes007:

Yoruba this, Yoruba that. Is Funsho Doherty not a Yoruba himself?

And which state in Nigeria is looting not taking place?

Atleast people are seeing results of governance in Lagos. Care to tell us your own state of origin so we can compare and contrast?

Which results. With the bad roads everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Labour Shuts NSITF Headquarters Over Staff Salary ‘Cut’ / Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 / FIGHTING THE "ENEMY" WITHIN...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.