Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,187 members, 7,815,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? (16983 Views)

Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown / Why The City Of Chefchaouen In Morocco Is Entirely Blue? / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by ecolime(m): 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
If you are a novice, Its very good to tell people and learn!

I know someone who got deported for a mistake he could have learnt free of charge from an average traveler!

Hommie only made it to the airport and he was returned to Nigeria!

The funny thing about it hall is that, no one knew when he travelled, but all knew when he got deported.
🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Ebubu: 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
I told few peeps like 3.My family knew definitely.when I go Abuja ,I stayed in my friend house.he knew that I was going to the embassy next day.even when I got the visa after 2 days .when he asked me.i told him they said they will let me know in 2 weeks grin.but my visa dey my bag.because of happiness,I told him let's go and drink beer and eat fish.we go flex that night.i did not disclose to him that I already got the visa.Na till I land the country.i write am say I don port .You just gatz dey smart for visa and travel matters.
So who were the few 3 peeps you told and why did you tell them?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by kellyzaf(m): 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2023
flyinnizam:
Lol. nice. abeg which country issue visa 2days time?

Him no tell him friend wey accommodated him when he got his visa and you said is nice, now u want know the country wey him dey, when u no accommodate or do anything for him at all. Dey play. grin grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Sweetvie: 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2023
It depends on the kind of people around you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by vikstandon(m): 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
flyinnizam:
I heard people always saying don't tell anyone about your travel movement but is it actually possible?

If you don't say it, someone will still know.

If you are employee of someone, the HR who are supposed to keep informations classified, go expose am.

Many who were processing their travelling, who had one or two to do with their employer, got exposed by someone in the HR Dept.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Rick9(m): 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
Not everyone need to know.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Angelfrost(m): 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2023
What's even there to tell??! Must you tell everything and anything??!... Even when you relocate, you shouldn't go announcing it like it's a world record.

Learn to succeed in private.

Most Nigerians just like to be noticed.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by mariovito(m): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2023
It should be on a need to know basis.

The person you want to tell, is there a need/reason for them to know about it?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by seunny4lif(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2023
It’s up to you, if you are rich like Davido then why not, you can announce it on loud speaker.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by abobote: 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
Yes, that's what I usually do

I don't tell people about my plan, even my wife, coz sometimes she behaves like enemies of progress

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Celepope: 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
Considering the wickedness of Nigerians, it’s very risky to tell people about your travel plans. When I traveled out, this was like 15-16 years ago when Nigeria still had little sanity, I didn’t tell anyone other than my parents and siblings and my closest pal. Some of the peeps around me suspected that I was making a move because of the questions I was always asking. To tell you how people are, some of these people when they didn’t see me for some weeks, they started trying out my line just to see if I will pick up and they were always checking my Facebook for update then (Monitoring Spirits) as if they ever cared. Very wicked and backbiting people, by then it was too late because I don waka tay tay.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by onyxo76(m): 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
i wish it was that easy...somebody somewhere will always get to know, except you dey live for cave sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by blowjohn(m): 4:10pm On Nov 21, 2023
Keep it to urself or family.
Not the kind of Psquare family or Mr Ibu( may God grant him quick recovery) family o.

Naija people too wicked.
U need to visit a real deliverance session service to see how human beings plan evil for people for the most petty reasons.

And don't forget: JEALOUS ONES STILL ENVY
( shout out to Fat Joe AKA Joe crack if terror squad!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by kokoA(m): 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
If you are a novice, Its very good to tell people and learn!

I know someone who got deported for a mistake he could have learnt free of charge from an average traveler!

Hommie only made it to the airport and he was returned to Nigeria!

The funny thing about it hall is that, no one knew when he travelled, but all knew when he got deported.

Lwkmd grin Dis one mad o..
Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by CaptainFM1: 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
Only tell people that matters or people that need to know.

Don't use your mouth to tell people that will end up kidnapping you. Sho ti gbo'?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by BarrElChapo(m): 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2023
🤔
Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by FireUpNow(m): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
If you can keep it to yourself better
Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by JuanJO(m): 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2023
I traveled without telling anyone. I came back the next week after i got deported. Bro e get why. People were like telling me omo u dey scares

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Stanweezy(m): 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2023
Let ppl know that u are traveling but don't let them know the actual date and time

7 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2023
Don't tell anybody! Even when u over there, let them think u still in Nigeria.. I learnt the hard way..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Saladdin: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2023
flyinnizam:
I heard people always saying don't tell anyone about your travel movement but is it actually possible?

It is very difficult but possible. In a case where you cannot afford to be totally mute, tell only people that absolutely need to know.

Nigeria is just too hot to disclose such piece of info to just any body. It is better to err on the side of caution o.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by SoNature(m): 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2023
flyinnizam:

Yes, it's possible. My neighbour relocated to the UK and never told anyone in the compound.

In fact, he called me via WhatsApp to inform me because I reminded him in our compound WhatsApp group that he hasn't paid his NEPA bill. I couldn't believe what I heard. He's now studying in a varsity in Birmingham.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by steeltrust: 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
yea, people told me that before i left Nigeria and i told them, if it the will of God for me to live Nigeria. no power can stop it. and guess what as i'm typing right now i'm in america. I don't believe in that bullshit.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Pharaohny: 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2023
YOU may choose to notify your village people grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by sylve11: 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
I told few peeps like 3.My family knew definitely.when I go Abuja ,I stayed in my friend house.he knew that I was going to the embassy next day.even when I got the visa after 2 days .when he asked me.i told him they said they will let me know in 2 weeks grin.but my visa dey my bag.because of happiness,I told him let's go and drink beer and eat fish.we go flex that night.i did not disclose to him that I already got the visa.Na till I land the country.i write am say I don port .You just gatz dey smart for visa and travel matters.

You get sense jare. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by rickleye: 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2023
The fewer people the better. A lot of people walk around with negative energy and thoughts in most cases unbeknownst to them. They hear about your travel plans and before you know it road blocks and obstacles just show up. I ain’t saying they are the cause but the fewer people that know - the fewer people you can look at and observe.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by rickleye: 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
steeltrust:
yea, people told me that before i left Nigeria and i told them, if it the will of God for me to live Nigeria. no power can stop it. and guess what as i'm typing right now i'm in america. I don't believe in that bullshit.

Yes we aren’t saying you won’t get to your destination however it could with ease or with issues during the travel.
Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by sylve11: 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
fastseo:
cool

It's best to keep it to self

So if things go south u return back... No one knows about it

That's it. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by sylve11: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2023
Angelfrost:
What's even there to tell??! Must you tell everything and anything??!... Even when you relocate, you shouldn't go announcing it like it's a world record.

Learn to succeed in private.

Most Nigerians just like to be noticed.

You and I views can't be separated. I don't know why.

Whenever you talk, I see myself in you.

@op, I don't tell anybody anything that has to do with my private life.

The world only listens to winners. cool

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Mayor88(m): 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
Yes oo
Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Angelfrost(m): 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
sylve11:

You and I views can't be separated. I don't know why.

Whenever you talk, I see myself in you.

@op, I don't tell anybody anything that has to do with my private life.

The world only listens to winners. cool

Words to live by in BOLD!

You na my Oga na! Just that you need to support more serious clubs like Leeds, Man City, Liverpool, and/or Arsenal. cool
Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Jefferyhi86(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2023
Yes yes yes.. Blackman too wicked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drunk Truck Driver Causes Death Of Four People After Fatal Accident. Photos / Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / What Happen At US Port Of Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.