Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? (16976 Views)

Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown / Why The City Of Chefchaouen In Morocco Is Entirely Blue? / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Praktikals(m): 9:28am On Nov 22, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
If you are a novice, Its very good to tell people and learn!

I know someone who got deported for a mistake he could have learnt free of charge from an average traveler!

Hommie only made it to the airport and he was returned to Nigeria!

The funny thing about it hall is that, no one knew when he travelled, but all knew when he got deported.

You just made a valid point. The person should only tell people who can help with money or information.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by blowjohn(m): 9:49am On Nov 22, 2023
stevedre:
Had the J.O.S.E album on CD back in the days. One of my best track was King of NY feat. Buju Banton.

Wow. Fat Joe is highly underrated. I like his style of rap. Never boring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Spiff20(m): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
I told few peeps like 3.My family knew definitely.when I go Abuja ,I stayed in my friend house.he knew that I was going to the embassy next day.even when I got the visa after 2 days .when he asked me.i told him they said they will let me know in 2 weeks grin.but my visa dey my bag.because of happiness,I told him let's go and drink beer and eat fish.we go flex that night.i did not disclose to him that I already got the visa.Na till I land the country.i write am say I don port .You just gatz dey smart for visa and travel matters.
In your mind you're smart but you're wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Spiff20(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2023
I'm not saying you should announce to every Tom, Dick and Harry. But in Nigeria a lot of people see Japa as an achievement whilst going there to hustle from the scratch with steady electricity, good road network, flashy buildings, and overated security. So they try to hide it and surprise people with the "acheivement". Some are scared of village people bewitching them as if you need to announce to village people before then can see with their spiritual eyes. It's important you tell your close friends and family so they can support you in any way they can unless you have all it takes. You tell or keep mum, what will be will be. You can arrive and be deported and everyone will know. You can keep mum and arrive their to make it. Everyone will still know. Japa is overated Sha. Someone like dangote doesn't think about Japa. But we all can't be rich. So, to each his own.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2023
Angelfrost:
What's even there to tell??! Must you tell everything and anything??!... Even when you relocate, you shouldn't go announcing it like it's a world record.

Learn to succeed in private.

Most Nigerians just like to be noticed.

God bless you!
I recall shortly before my plane took off and I had to put my phones on Aeroplane mode, I called my 3 closest friends from Uni days and told them. One was annoyed sha, a bit understandably.

Kept it to only very few fam members. Its even WhatsApp that casted me more when I changed sim months after.

Learn to succeed in private o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by stevedre: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2023
blowjohn:

Wow. Fat Joe is highly underrated. I like his style of rap. Never boring

True. It's like expressing his life experiences through music.
I still have the album on my spotify playlist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Swiftgrp: 11:54pm On Jan 15
rickleye:
The fewer people the better. A lot of people walk around with negative energy and thoughts in most cases unbeknownst to them. They hear about your travel plans and before you know it road blocks and obstacles just show up. I ain’t saying they are the cause but the fewer people that know - the fewer people you can look at and observe.

That's deep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? by Swiftgrp: 11:58pm On Jan 15
CoronaVirusPro:
If you are a novice, Its very good to tell people and learn!

I know someone who got deported for a mistake he could have learnt free of charge from an average traveler!

Hommie only made it to the airport and he was returned to Nigeria!

The funny thing about it all is that, no one knew when he travelled, but all knew when he got deported.

@Bolded... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos' Fourth Mainland Bridge To Be Africa's Second Longest Bridge / What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House / Requirement For Nigerian To Get A Jordanian Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.